2022 French legislatives
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:15:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2022 French legislatives
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26
Author Topic: 2022 French legislatives  (Read 41210 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: June 19, 2022, 02:51:27 PM »

And the secret is revealed:

Ipsos statistic: 72% of Round 1 Ensemble voters in NUPES/RN runoffs stayed home, with the rest dividing marginally for NUPES. So All that was left in the electorate was LR/UDI voters, who went RN, and the now outnumbered NUPES.

Anyone who now supports Macron is more evil than the far-right itself.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #526 on: June 19, 2022, 02:51:32 PM »

RN won Avignon vs LFI. That's a symbol of the night, it should have been safe for the Left.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #527 on: June 19, 2022, 02:52:45 PM »

especially seeing as Mélenchon seemed to go full hippie/FREE ASSANGE in the last week in a way that I can't imagine was necessarily the most appealing to the sort of voters who decide those run-offs.

Méluche serenading us with La société du spectacle rhetoric on the commodification of time was pretty iconic, but I don't exactly know what the intended audience was. I can easily imagine the Situationists all ending up like my "hippie got a white-collar job" father, or just going so deep into the machinery that it totalizes them, or, you know, dying.

And at least whether or not Assange did a sex crime is somewhat more in question than with the Movie Man Who Makes Good Movies And Thus Can Do No Wrong.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #528 on: June 19, 2022, 02:52:57 PM »

Ipsos statistic: 72% of Round 1 Ensemble voters in NUPES/RN runoffs stayed home, with the rest dividing marginally for NUPES. So All that was left in the electorate was LR/UDI voters, who went RN, and the now outnumbered NUPES.

This is just obviously untrue, I don't think there's anything more to be said.
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #529 on: June 19, 2022, 02:54:00 PM »

Reports that Élisabeth Moreno lost in North-West Africa.

NUPES says they have beaten  Roxana Maracineanu.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #530 on: June 19, 2022, 02:54:44 PM »

At the very least, i'm glad users here in this topic realize the nonsense.

But if i was like "macron bad, macron bad, macron bad" in 2018 nobody took me seriously.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #531 on: June 19, 2022, 02:57:35 PM »

it's proven this night.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #532 on: June 19, 2022, 02:59:43 PM »

source?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #533 on: June 19, 2022, 03:02:06 PM »

source?

It was said by a Ipsos spokesman on my stream.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #534 on: June 19, 2022, 03:03:10 PM »

source?
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #535 on: June 19, 2022, 03:06:05 PM »

Government minister Amélie de Montchalin lost to NUPES' Jérôme Guedj. 53,7 to 46.3%
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #536 on: June 19, 2022, 03:08:11 PM »

it's proven this night.

I really don't think people who stay home in left-far right runoffs are worse than people who actually vote for the far right, although they've definitely earned a place chasing the banner in the vestibule of hell.
Ethelberth
Rookie
Suriname

« Reply #537 on: June 19, 2022, 03:08:35 PM »

Most of the seats  RN vs NUPES were won by RN, were against LFI opponent. So the NUPES brand was not similar for all seats.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #538 on: June 19, 2022, 03:09:11 PM »

especially seeing as Mélenchon seemed to go full hippie/FREE ASSANGE in the last week in a way that I can't imagine was necessarily the most appealing to the sort of voters who decide those run-offs.

Méluche serenading us with La société du spectacle rhetoric on the commodification of time was pretty iconic, but I don't exactly know what the intended audience was. I can easily imagine the Situationists all ending up like my "hippie got a white-collar job" father, or just going so deep into the machinery that it totalizes them, or, you know, dying.
The Situationist International was like 20 people max. More of a millieu around Debord than a real organization. Most remained pretty serious artists and writers and I can't think of any off the top of my head who went "straight" - that was more les maos
rob in cal
« Reply #539 on: June 19, 2022, 03:14:10 PM »

With RN getting as many seats as it did, we are getting a more proportional outcome than usual. For supporters of proportional representation, todays outcome provides a glimmer of what the future with pr could be like.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #540 on: June 19, 2022, 03:15:00 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2022, 03:19:19 PM by Zinneke »

Macron's electorate have revealed themselves the be the "extreme centrist" types that even genuine neo-liberals like Charles Cosigny have called out. They have zero democratic reflexes and just spit their dummy out at anything that doesn't go their way.

With RN getting as many seats as it did, we are getting a more proportional outcome than usual. For supporters of proportional representation, todays outcome provides a glimmer of what the future with pr could be like.

This is wrong on so many levels though. If you present the electorate a proportional system their voting patterns change. The behaviour of politicians changes too. The cat's out if the bag though, in France's case. 2 of the main parties that are in opposition are overtly Putinist and want to hand Europe back to being the plaything of major powers. A proportional system would have exposed the flaws of dealing with such parties that have risen only because of the central Presidential figure that they wish to oppose. A hyper presidientialist model inevitably leads to the social fascim of Meluche, the centrist corporatist BFM fascism of Macron and the bread and butter fascism of Le Pen.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #541 on: June 19, 2022, 03:15:47 PM »

Sobering news:

Macron Set to Lose Absolute Majority as Far-Right Surges
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #542 on: June 19, 2022, 03:16:20 PM »

Damien Abad and the abject Darminin both re-elected... you know, in most normal countries being on rape charges would mean the end of your career. Not re-election and a minsterial post.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #543 on: June 19, 2022, 03:16:51 PM »

Percentage of seats (rather than seat totals: percentages have to be used as the size of the National Assembly has increased so much over the decades) in the National Assembly won by the Left as conventionally defined at the time during the Fifth Republic:

1958 - 18.7
1962 - 31.9
1967 - 39.8
1968 - 18.7
1973 - 35.9
1978 - 41.0
1981 - 67.8
1986 - 43.3*
1988 - 52.7
1993 - 15.8
1997 - 55.4
2002 - 30.8
2007 - 39.3
2012 - 59.1
2017 - 12.5

*Election conducted via PR.

We obviously don't have a final figure for 2022 yet but it's going to be somewhere around about 30%.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #544 on: June 19, 2022, 03:20:37 PM »

source?

Seems like the abstentions were all round

Like as I said above, castigate Macron all you want for not making it clear to vote against RN, that's fair, but neither did the left do that.

Macron's electorate have revealed themselves the be the "extreme centrist" types that even genuine neo-liberals like Charles Cosigny have called out. They have zero democratic reflexes and just spit their dummy out at anything that doesn't go their way.

That is to say, this discourse, when it comes from NUPES voters who overwhelmingly stayed home in Ensemble-RN runoffs, is just hypocritical.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #545 on: June 19, 2022, 03:25:32 PM »

Results for overseas seats 1, 2, and 11 are now up: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/services-aux-francais/voter-a-l-etranger/resultats-des-elections/article/elections-legislatives-resultats-du-2eme-tour-pour-les-francais-de-l-etranger

Ensemble wins all three declared.
Oppo

« Reply #546 on: June 19, 2022, 03:28:21 PM »

Macron has done more for the normalization and then institutionalization of the far right in France than anyone since Charles Maurras. I hope Flanby is ashamed of himself for giving this creep a career.
…and Macron famously said "I find it absurd to say that Maurras must no longer exist."
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #547 on: June 19, 2022, 03:28:32 PM »

Macron has done more for the normalization and then institutionalization of the far right in France than anyone since Charles Maurras. I hope Flanby is ashamed of himself for giving this creep a career.

Hopefully the PS hold tight on kicking people who supported dissidents. Hollandists and Hollande himself need to be kicked out of the PS.
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #548 on: June 19, 2022, 03:28:57 PM »

Raquel Garrido claims to have won over Jean-Christophe Lagarde
rob in cal
« Reply #549 on: June 19, 2022, 03:29:51 PM »

This is wrong on so many levels though. If you present the electorate a proportional system their voting patterns change. The behaviour of politicians changes too. The cat's out if the bag though, in France's case. 2 of the main parties that are in opposition are overtly Putinist and want to hand Europe back to being the plaything of major powers. A proportional system would have exposed the flaws of dealing with such parties that have risen only because of the central Presidential figure that they wish to oppose. A hyper presidientialist model inevitably leads to the social fascim of Meluche, the centrist corporatist BFM fascism of Macron and the bread and butter fascism of Le Pen.

But did the electorate respond that much different in 1986 with PR than they did without it in the next election? There seems to be space in most European democracies for a fairly big nationalist/populist type party, and RN is occupying it but with PR maybe we'd get a cleaner view of just how popular it is.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies