Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:58:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 72075 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: June 15, 2014, 11:14:31 AM »
« edited: June 15, 2014, 11:16:20 AM by Snowstalker »

The Russian Empire-Early 1905

Goremykin is not to blame for the current failure; he is a strong patriot and I intend to keep him where he is. The failure in the recent war can be ascribed to the Germans having, quite simply, a more modern military, corruption within the government which we are already dealing with, and sabotage and treachery by several ethnic groups in our former lands in the west. The Black Hundreds should be redirected to put down violent rebellions, though any brutality against women and children will be punished.

We are willing to negotiate with the sailors and hear out their demands on the condition that those who murdered their officers will be turned over for trial. We will do what we can to back a would-be leader who is willing to work with us in our efforts to retake Sevastopol.

We will ignore the Finns for now. In dealing with the unions, any violent strikes will be broken, but the anger by workers reflects most of all the need to rebuild and improve Russia from within; by implementing worker protections and a rudimentary safety net as the Germans have, we can steal the thunder from radicals and revolutionaries while legitimately improving the lot of our people. Look into old-age pensions and possible worker protections. In addition, I will propose a version of the Homestead Act which was passed in America half a century ago to encourage settlement and development of the lands past the Urals. If we can use those lands to their fullest potential we could become the richest nation on Earth.

We have already been involved with negotiating with the coup leaders in Serbia, given the position of the king and queen in our embassy, and hope to mediate a peaceful outcome in the country and finally put a cap on the strife in the Balkans. In addition, we extend our recognition to the new government of China and express our hope for continued cooperation between Peking and Petrograd. We also advise the United States to drop its demand of Greenland; it is Danish territory and they have chosen not to sell it. Finally, we announce our intent to recognize the new Kingdom of Norway and will send an envoy to Oslo to begin setting up an embassy.

We are also...working on the situation in Turkestan.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #676 on: June 15, 2014, 11:17:56 AM »

We just want to note that any effort made by Petrograd to take advantage of the crisis in Serbia to regain influence in the Balkans would be countered accordingly.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #677 on: June 15, 2014, 11:19:34 AM »

We just want to note that any effort made by Petrograd to take advantage of the crisis in Serbia to regain influence in the Balkans would be countered accordingly.

We will not attempt to force a new military alliance with Serbia; however, a common Slavic Orthodox heritage makes at least friendly relations between Belgrade and Petrograd inevitable. In addition, given that Alexander is hiding out in our embassy, we have no choice but to involve ourselves in peaceful negotiations with the coup leaders.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #678 on: June 15, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 11:27:53 AM by Abdul the Red »

We will not attempt to force a new military alliance with Serbia; however, a common Slavic Orthodox heritage makes at least friendly relations between Belgrade and Petrograd inevitable. In addition, given that Alexander is hiding out in our embassy, we have no choice but to involve ourselves in peaceful negotiations with the coup leaders.

We have no reason to oppose promoting peaceful resolution by any part, including Russia. Given Serbia is our direct neighbour in a very delicate region, we are simply going to watch every move by every part closely, which is quite natural move.

We wish the Russian initiative best luck. As long as Serbia continues to observe the peace treaty concluded with our allies, the Ottoman Empire doesn't see any reason to get involved in the developments.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #679 on: June 15, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »

OOC: Just some basic diplomatic stuff - I'll post my main post tomorrow.
Btw - You forgot to include the Triple Entente in the Alliance list, didn't you?

- Germany fully recognises the independent Norway and congratulates its people of their newly found independence.

- We stand with our Ottoman Allies and will closely observe any move any foreign power does in Turkestan. We are disturbed by the current situation, and will search for peace for this region, yet we will likewise allow no foreign power to take advantage of the situation.

- I congratulate Vittorio Emmanuele to the birth of his son. May the little Umberto give him joy!

- I also announce that I will marry Freein Anna Harriet Von Budberg, daughter of Otto Bernhard Freiherr von Budberg, the preceding Master of the Estonian Knighthood.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #680 on: June 15, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »

We are happy to offer our congratulations to His Majesty the Kaiser on such a joyful occasion as his engagement.

Regarding Turkestan, we suggest that all powers would refrain from individual moves and engage in open, honest discussion, so the international community as whole can devise a plan to restore peace in this sensitive region.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #681 on: June 15, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »

Given Turkestan's position and total un-viability as a state--no central ethnic group and populated mostly by nomads and herders--we believe that it has no future as a single unit. To protect ourselves, to protect those ethnic Russians who are threatened by the new war, and to pacify a region that cannot rule itself, I announce the formation of the Tiger Division, an infantry-cavalry force which will first push along the sea to the Persian border, and then make several more incursions to capture the larger cities in the region-Tashkent, Ashgabat, and Almaty.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #682 on: June 15, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 03:17:09 PM by Dr. Cynic »

The French Republic: Early 1905

--- For now, Rouvier will lead the caretaker government, but for the election, I will revive the Left-Block, not under Delcasse or Clemenceau, but rather under Gaston Doumergue who is not as controversial as Clemenceau and Delcasse. As Doumergue, I will campaign under the banner of Equality For The Future of all French Citizens, continued prosperity at home and remaining a respected partner around the world. Also, I will campaign on the extension of the service départemental d'aide sociale à l'enfance to also include departments to include assistance for the elderly and disabled. The old age pension will also be raised.

--- Continue to fight for Equality for France, no matter the right's grumblings. Let it be a powerful rallying point for the election. Praise Waldeck-Rousseau, who is popular with the public, as a great leader with the foresight to make all Frenchmen equal. Distribute propaganda to the public highlighting the virtues of the equality of all French citizens and reminding them that further equality empowers them. Secretly circulate rumors that right opposition is unpatriotic for opposing Waldeck-Rousseau's actions in this regard.

--- In foreign affairs, first, I want to congratulate Vittorio Emmanuele III on the birth of his son!

--- We also state that we support the U.S. claim on Greenland and we urge our Danish friends to sell for a fair price rather than risk any unnecessary hostilities.

--- We congratulate the people of Norway and recognize them as an independent nation.

--- We wish the German Kaiser a happy marriage.

--- In Morocco, we instruct the army to pursue Raisuli now before he can get far. 8,500 fresh troops from France will be sent with fresh supplies to hold Fez and set up new supply lines for Marshal Joffre.

--- Since Spain did not join our coalition with the Italians and Ottomans, nor did they offer since to do so, my government refuses to partition any portion of Morocco to Spain. (Especially since the Italians are taking nothing and the Ottomans only a small section) I advise Spain that unless they are willing to either incur a proportion of the cost of the war in terms of supplies, manpower and money, then we have nothing further to discuss.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #683 on: June 15, 2014, 04:41:29 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 04:49:15 PM by Abdul the Red »

Sadly, we must agree that Turkestan has no future as one state, since there is no will whatsoever there to stay united.

However, we are going to strongly oppose any attempts by any power to take advantage of this dreadful situation to extend its rule over our Turkic brothers, whether officially or not. Therefore, if Russian incursion is not a part of an international peacekeeping effort, we will consider this as blatant attempt of Petrograd to return on the path of expansionism and respond accordingly.

We propose that interested powers would instead form a multinational task force for peacekeeping operations there. We are ready to committ a significant number of troops and open our infrastructure for this purpose.

We also propose a conference between interested powers and representatives of Turkestan ethnic groups to fairly determine a future of the region.

We also fully support French position over sudden Spanish involvement in Morocco. To speak bluntly, Spain is a latecomer to the party, hoping to get the biggest share of the cake.

Spain cannot expect to make gains in Morocco after the allies, led by France, had already do most of the job. Prime Minister Rouvier is absolutely right to call out such nonsense.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #684 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »

Hey guys,
I m in Germany irl and I will soon be back.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #685 on: June 15, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »

The Turks had no complaints when France announced its open intentions to conquer Morocco over a Greek playboy, or when the Americans conquered Cuba over the latter rejecting the status of a protectorate, or when the British wiped the Boer republics off the map. It is clear that the tribesmen of the area cannot rule themselves as a cohesive unit, and without great population swathes, no real nation-states can be created from them. The best way for them to develop is for a return to competent control from a great power.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #686 on: June 15, 2014, 08:00:49 PM »

Alright. Diplomacy first:

-The Kingdom of Italy endorses the American claim in Greenland. We feel as if there is no point in turning down this sum of money over a massive pile of frozen tundra, and our allies are strong.

-We thank the world for its congratulations on our new heir. Umberto continues to be a source of joy in all of our lives here in Italy.

-We also congratulate Kaiser Wilhelm III on his marriage.

To: World

Also, we would like to take some time out to remind the world that some Turkic kingdoms are engaging in ethnic cleansing against the Russians living in Turkestan. While we understand the world's concerns regarding Russia moving into its old territory, we feel that the international community has a responsibility to cease mass killings like this from happening, as we successfully did in Belgium.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #687 on: June 15, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »

Anyone with information on the Terrorist Attack is urged to come forward.

Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #688 on: June 15, 2014, 09:28:57 PM »

We thank our good Italian friends for support, and congratulate their king on his new son.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #689 on: June 16, 2014, 05:02:03 AM »

We are glad Italy shares our position that international community has a responsibility to put the end to atrocities in Turkestan, just as we did in Congo.

We wish to reiterate our proposal to establish a multinational peacekeeping force and hold a conference with representatives of various Turkestani ethnic groups, to devise a peace plan.

Doing nothing is a mistake, but so would be allowing any power to purse its agenda. We wish to protect Russian nationals in Turkestan. But we are also committed to protect our Turkic brothers from becoming subjugated to Petrograd again.

We would be happy to work together with Russia as peacekeeper, but that must be a partnership.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #690 on: June 16, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »

I would like to congratulate my Italian ally on the birth of his son- may he bring joy to your lives and pride to your nation!

Congratulations to the Kaiser on his engagement- I hope to get an invitation to the wedding!

And now on to some business.... (this will be done over several posts)

First- I order the release of all prisoners still locked up from the constitutional crisis- barring those who are reasonably believed to pose a threat to other Americans. I expect the vast majority will be freed and I look forward to them rejoining a peaceful and civil debate

Second- we stand with our Ottoman and German allies of the Triple Entente in strongly condemning Russian incursion into Turkestan. This is unacceptable....I urge the Tsar not to find himself in another war. He has my word that if the world is again forced to confront the Russian menace- he will not remain Tsar, and will likely not remain alive. I join my allies in pledging to protect Russians in that country- those who pursue attacks against those of Russian nationality deserved to be punished to the fullest extent. But Russia has proven unable to responsibly hold power over its sphere of influence and thus must remain away from this crisis
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #691 on: June 16, 2014, 09:55:55 AM »

Annexation of Greenland

The USA hereby annexes Greenland as a territory. The Danish military personnel stationed in and around Greenland have six months (to the end of this turn) to return to Denmark- they will be given safe passage and assistance in their transit as requested. After six months- we will forcefully remove any lingering agents of the Danish military

I order the previously composed task force out of the US Navy's Atlantic Fleet- hereby named the Greenlandic Task Force- to engage in patrols surrounding the island and extending nearly to Jutland. The US Navy will not hesitate to use its might to enforce this annexation

I order a brigade of the US Army to move from Canada's First Military District into Greenland. I order US troops to treat every person in Greenland with the utmost respect and dignity- provided they do not take up arms against us

For the remainder of this turn- I remain open to negotiation a payment to Denmark in exchange for them peacefully ceding Greenland to us. However- their foolishness thus far does not give me hope.

I thank the other leading nations of the world for supporting the US claim and remind Denmark that- barring the toothless Russian bear- they are alone and ought to consider their position before acting further
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #692 on: June 16, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »

Wall Street

I call a meeting of VP La Follette and Speaker Cannon to discuss this issue. I urge both to come to a compromise- trusts which harm the consumer must be curbed,while still maintaining our free market principles. There is indeed a middle ground and with our congressional majorities- we ought to come to a conclusion amongst ourselves and vote it in

Triple Entente

I am honored to host my dear friends and allies in Milwaukee- there will be must private discussion among the three leaders
With me are business and military leaders to discuss many items of importance with their Ottoman and German counterparts
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #693 on: June 16, 2014, 10:11:33 AM »

Cabinet

My major appointments are as follows

Secretary of State- former President William McKinley
President McKinley has vast experience in world affairs and commands the respect of our allies and every other world leader

Secretary of War and the Navy- Truman Newberry
Secretary Newberry has led our Navy and I believe there must be coordination between all branches of the military- thus,I nominate him to lead both the War and Navy Departments

Secretary of the Treasury- Leslie Shaw
Mr. Shaw is well experienced in banking and finance as well as government bonds- specifically with agriculture serving as Governor of Iowa. I believe he will be a dedicated executor of policy which will be deteremined by VP LaFollettee and the Republican Congress

Attorney General- Elihu Root
Mr. Root has served the government honorably in many roles and will be a respected Attorney General- which we need after the constitutional crisis
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #694 on: June 16, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »

It has become clear that Denmark is highly unlikely to retain Greenland. Thus, we reverse our position and advise the Danes to give up Greenland peacefully in order to avoid war.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #695 on: June 16, 2014, 10:45:07 AM »

We stand with our American allies on their legitimate claim to Greenland, and advise our Danish neighbours to finally get into useful and meaningful negotiations with the United States.
I will gladly invite you to my wedding, Mr Hay!

Regarding the Turkestan situation, Germany fully condemns any foreign power taking advantage of the situation, such as Russia is doing at the moment. Germany and its allies in the Triple Entente demand Russia to take back its newly founded "Tiger Division" to the Russian borders. The entry of foreign territory without a declaration of war is a violation to international treaties and should and is not accepted by the international community. Turkestan was given up by the Russians in a legitimate treaty, and should therefore not be taken into Russian custody again, as this decipts a violation of said treaty. The people of Turkestan have a right of self-determination and self-rule, and therefore any violation of the borders of Turkestan is again fully condemned. Germany has made clear its point, and should Russia not take reason and withdraw their murder squadrons out of foreign territory, Germany and its allies in the Triple Entente will be sure to go further than just condemning those actions.

Germany instead proposes a Conference in an appropiate location, well fit would be the city of Baku, that should serve as to propose a solution to the Turkestan situation.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #696 on: June 16, 2014, 10:56:14 AM »

Annexation of Greenland

The USA hereby annexes Greenland as a territory. The Danish military personnel stationed in and around Greenland have six months (to the end of this turn) to return to Denmark- they will be given safe passage and assistance in their transit as requested. After six months- we will forcefully remove any lingering agents of the Danish military

I order the previously composed task force out of the US Navy's Atlantic Fleet- hereby named the Greenlandic Task Force- to engage in patrols surrounding the island and extending nearly to Jutland. The US Navy will not hesitate to use its might to enforce this annexation

I order a brigade of the US Army to move from Canada's First Military District into Greenland. I order US troops to treat every person in Greenland with the utmost respect and dignity- provided they do not take up arms against us

For the remainder of this turn- I remain open to negotiation a payment to Denmark in exchange for them peacefully ceding Greenland to us. However- their foolishness thus far does not give me hope.

I thank the other leading nations of the world for supporting the US claim and remind Denmark that- barring the toothless Russian bear- they are alone and ought to consider their position before acting further
Clarence, I thought we agreed to continue the negociations when I would become assistant gm?Huh
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #697 on: June 16, 2014, 10:58:36 AM »

Ooc:But that s not really important, it s just Groenland!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #698 on: June 16, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »

Germany instead proposes a Conference in an appropiate location, well fit would be the city of Baku, that should serve as to propose a solution to the Turkestan situation.

We shall be most pleased to host such a conference in Baku.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #699 on: June 16, 2014, 11:08:45 AM »

Oh and I stand with Germany, ottoman and the usa
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies