Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:19:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 72291 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: June 04, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »

My subjects, in order to prevent further war, suffering, and bloodshed, I have been forced to sign a harsh peace with the German and Austrian invaders, one which takes from us what were integral lands of our Empire. However, despite this difficult blow, Russia shall overcome these challenges through internal reform--taking advantage of the vast riches of Siberia and Kazakhstan, cracking down on the subversives who helped the Germans to win this war in the first place and who stabbed the Russian people in their backs, modernizing our military and infrastructure, and fighting hunger and destitution in our streets. When and while that happens, our great motherland shall rebound.

X Tsar Nicholas II
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #626 on: June 05, 2014, 12:51:35 AM »

Italy is pleased to see three of its good friends sign a treaty of cooperation.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #627 on: June 05, 2014, 04:27:51 AM »

With the war over, the straits are completely reopened to all Russian vessels, effective immediately.

We are also ready to resume normal, peacetime relations with Petrograd.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #628 on: June 05, 2014, 06:32:35 AM »

Our ambassador to Turkey shall return to Constantinople.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #629 on: June 05, 2014, 07:35:55 AM »

Our ambassador to Turkey shall return to Constantinople.

Likewise with our Ambassador to Petrograd.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #630 on: June 05, 2014, 07:41:51 AM »

A Declaration of His Imperial Majesty, Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I, Concerning Women's Suffrage in the Austro-Hungarian Empire
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #631 on: June 05, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »

A Declaration of His Imperial Majesty, Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I, Concerning Women's Suffrage in the Austro-Hungarian Empire

I congratulate my friend and ally for this progressive measure, a huge jump into the modern.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #632 on: June 05, 2014, 08:13:32 AM »

This is end of civilization!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #633 on: June 05, 2014, 08:41:43 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2014, 10:21:44 AM by Snowstalker »

Men and women already have equal voting rights in Russia in that neither can vote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #634 on: June 05, 2014, 09:08:13 AM »

Men and women already have equal voting rights in that neither can vote.
Tthe Reichsrat in Austria-Hungary already existed Snowstalker.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #635 on: June 05, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »

OOC: I'm sorry Oldies, I completely forgot about it before, but Austria didn't have Universal Male Suffrage until 1907. So now, every Austrian women but not every Austrian man can vote.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #636 on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »

If the Tsar is willing to send an ambassador to Washington, I shall send one to Petrograd

I'd like to express my concern regarding the Tsar's statements. While he took a bold step in surrendering on such terms and I commend him for that- his speech for the future suggests rampant militarism and a brutal internal crackdown. This hardly looks like a Tsar humbled by his defeat , but rather one who is bitter over it. I cannot see peace lasting very long in a Europe in which the Russian bear is plotting its revenge at the soonest opportunity. We will see the Russian flag raised in Berlin, Vienna, and Constantinople if we do not maintain careful watch over the Tsar's policies and their effects

I will be watching not only the Tsar's words- but his actions. If I see a situation in which the Tsar plots the next great war, I will remove such a threat and I have little doubt my allies- the other leading nations of Europe- will be by my side
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #637 on: June 05, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »

I echo President Hay's statement. No peace is possible without caution and the Ottoman Empire had learned to maintain one.

Joint defense will be undoubtedly an important topic during the incoming summit.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #638 on: June 05, 2014, 03:34:26 PM »

OOC: I'm sorry Oldies, I completely forgot about it before, but Austria didn't have Universal Male Suffrage until 1907. So now, every Austrian women but not every Austrian man can vote.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #639 on: June 05, 2014, 03:58:49 PM »

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #640 on: June 05, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »

~King Vittorio Emanuele III
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #641 on: June 05, 2014, 05:21:23 PM »

~King Vittorio Emanuele III
President John Hay

I am delighted to officially signify the friendship that exists between us- American and Italian alike. I look forward to our future
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #642 on: June 05, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2014, 09:45:20 PM by Senator Lumine »

Event – Invasion of Morocco! (Part II)

TO: All players.

Since none of the three major players in Morocco had enough forces to take the captured cities, it was easy for the allies to regroup and prepare for the next season. With heavy reinforcements coming from many sides, the invasion force was able to consolidate most of the ports and the coastline, being forced to stop to contain the angry population and the severe logistical difficulties a war in Morocco implied. The civil war went on in the meantime, with the Sultan bitterly fighting Raisuli to see who would the one to force the invaders out. Raisuli had no problem with outmaneuvering the Sultan who retreated to the interior of the country to prepare his forces. Raisuli took control of a big part of the Royal Army, and combined it with his guerrilla and thousands of militia to form a powerful form, which he is using to march north to cut off the French forces from Algeria.

With the Sultan neutralized and Raisuli busy dealing with the allies, the biggest winner of all three was Sultan Abdelhafid, who used the time to consolidate his rule from Agadir to Marrakech and build a new army with his personal fortune and dozens of foreign advisers who fought on the war against Turkey and the war against Russia. Since he controls the last port in Moroccan hands, Agadir, he also managed to smuggle some supplies from the American blockade, including ammunition and modern artillery weapons. With the impossibility of launching two offensives at the same time due to limited resources and the logistical strain, the allies will have to decide on whether to march on Agadir or Marrakech to fight Abdelhafid or confront Raisuli in the north before he launches his offensive.

Event – Leopold II loses the Congo, Belgian Parliament formally annexes the colony:

TO: All players.

Leopold II fought, and he fought very hard, using his allies in the media and the government to try and justify his actions. The issue has proved to be extremely divisive in Belgium, with many politicians trying to turn it into a referendum on the Monarchy. In the end, and with such undeniable proof of crimes the Anti-Monarchy position was not even needed, and the Belgian Parliament finally acted, stripping Leopold from the Congo Free State and claiming it for Belgium. With the rubber sales going down the Belgian Government is expected to make a major push to reform the colony and avoid further economic losses, and it is expected that the country will hold elections soon thanks to the division on the Belgian society after the defeat of King Leopold.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #643 on: June 05, 2014, 09:20:44 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2014, 12:58:58 PM by Senator Lumine »

Updated Map:

Notes:
-To make it easier to read, I changed the tone of Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania and the new United Baltic Duchy. It doesn't mean they are independent, but it helps to recognize them on the map.
-Since Clarence chose to go through with the Nicaragua Canal, there was no need to support the Panamanian Rebels, who were defeated by the Colombian Government.
-Changes in the war in Morocco acknowledged.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #644 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »

The United Kingdom applauds the Belgian Parliament for taking the right action in regards to the Congo.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #645 on: June 05, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »

OOC: Remember that Sevastopol is still mine.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #646 on: June 06, 2014, 03:26:45 AM »

OOC: I don't think this shows Ottoman gains either.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #647 on: June 06, 2014, 04:31:47 AM »

OOC: Yes, the former Eastern Rumelia has returned to the Ottoman Empire, as clearly stated in the treaty.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #648 on: June 06, 2014, 04:40:46 AM »

(This is a secret manifesto, but no point of sending it as PM to GM)

We are very pleased with our dear brother, Mehmed Vahideddin, performance as special envoy to Arabia. From now on, we shall consider him a leading candidate for succession and give more responsibilities accordingly.

Our dear cousin Abdulmecid has showed no political ambitions, but a considerable degree of diplomatic skills. While we no longer consider him for succession, there is no reason not to use members of our house in service of the state. Accordingly, we shall appoint him our Ambassador to Paris. Not very political role, since the two governments are directly talking to each other, but given Abdulmecid's status as patron of arts and accomplished artist on his own, we believe he'll do well on Paris scene.

Our dear brother, Mehmed Reshad, is no longer considered as well, but we shall retain his services for ceremonialdiplomatic purposes.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2014, 04:57:37 AM »

Morocco:

Now that the war with Bulgaria is over, in addition to committing third regiment of the Naval Infantry, we shall send some regular troops, as well as some ships to help with the blockade.

Some of our troops shall secure an area assigned to us, while the rest will continue to fight along our allies (OOC: I hope desert scouting did some good).

Now onto some organizational stuff:

The area, promised to us, shall be known as the Ottoman Maghreb, a special territory of the Empire.

Our dear son, Prince Şehzade Mehmed Burhaneddin, shall serve as the first Governor of the Ottoman Maghreb.

(OOC: Since the deal is already known, I see no harm in organizing the area)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies