Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 02:19:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 350998 times)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3000 on: October 31, 2021, 08:55:20 PM »

Interesting anecdote from poll worker training: a prospective worker raised some objections to the option of not showing ID and instead swearing that you are who you say you are.  This person was pretty quickly shut down by the Republican member of the local board of elections who told her point-blank that the system is secure and there is no fraud.

It was an interesting little experience.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3001 on: October 31, 2021, 08:59:50 PM »

Hot take: If Youngking gets a +15-16% lead in Election Day votes, he wins. Trump got +26% in 2020.

This isn't even a hot take, it's reality. And Youngkin will win the election day vote, it's just a matter of margin.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3002 on: October 31, 2021, 09:01:41 PM »

To all the people screaming about Glenn Youngkin sending his kids to private schools:

Guess what - so did Terry McAuliffe, who's against school choice for poor kids.
mtvoter
United States
« Reply #3003 on: October 31, 2021, 09:02:47 PM »

Is it time to blame Manchin for Tmacs loss yet?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3004 on: October 31, 2021, 09:05:30 PM »

Thank God VA Dems nominated a moderate centrist like McAllufie instead of an left wing extremist like Lee Carter who would of made the race un-necessarily close or lost 🤣🤣🤣
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3005 on: October 31, 2021, 09:08:17 PM »

Thank God VA Dems nominated a moderate centrist like McAllufie instead of an left wing extremist like Lee Carter who would of made the race un-necessarily close or lost 🤣🤣🤣

Carter honestly could have lost by double digits.
compucomp

« Reply #3006 on: October 31, 2021, 09:16:12 PM »

No, but it might be time to blame Jayapal and Sanders.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #3007 on: October 31, 2021, 09:18:58 PM »

Carter honestly could have lost by double digits.

Carter might have finished third if an independent ran.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #3008 on: October 31, 2021, 09:21:02 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2021, 09:25:14 PM by RoboWop »

McAuliffe went on television today and apparently-falsely suggested he has experience raising a public school student in Virginia:

Context to this non-issue that no one in Virginia cares about: Glenn Youngkin made VA public schools an issue, also sent all his kids to private school.  Is promoting a racist dog whistle about CRT which is not taught in VA public schools.

As seen with that tweet, the GOP loves nothing more than to churn the fake outrage machine. Apparently Youngkin can talk all about public schools and their issues (without actually having sent his kids to any), but T-Mac can't? And naturally they take everything out of context, every single time.

You have to wonder who the "desperate" campaign here is when all Youngkin has is pulling T-Mac clips out of context one after another.

I don't know of an occasion where Youngkin implied his opinion on Virginia public schools was based on his and his wife's experience raising his children in them, because like McAuliffe, he didn't. Both of them can talk about public schools all they want and should; neither should lie to gain credibility. I get that it comes naturally to establishment political hacks like McAuliffe, but it will be his downfall, either in losing this election or when he becomes one of the least popular governors in the country (and compounds already growing problems for Spanberger and Luria by doing so).

Also, to NSV, "that poster" didn't "buy" anything. I just posted the clip with a moderately skeptical comment because it was the most interesting news from the race today. Sunday talk shows, especially pre-election ones, are standard topics for discussion.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3009 on: October 31, 2021, 09:51:47 PM »

Hot take: If Youngking gets a +15-16% lead in Election Day votes, he wins. Trump got +26% in 2020.
Are you expecting a huge Election Day turnout?

Yes, I expect 2 million votes

Wasserman had it at 2.9 Million on his benchmarks.

So if it's only around 2 Million who benefits the most???
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3010 on: October 31, 2021, 09:57:44 PM »

No, but it might be time to blame Jayapal and Sanders.

NO---

This a bunk beltway argument that somehow VA voters will vote on the basis of Infrastructure bills vs local election stuff.

Never bought the argument at all and still don't.

DEM centrists still have their bottoms sore from '16 & '20 and want to blame the Progressive DEMs for everything.

Don't worry we will primary almost all of them in the next couple years, with the exception of Mansion and the Cinema Witch is def going down in '24    Wink
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3011 on: October 31, 2021, 10:01:36 PM »

Are you sure he was referring to E-Day turnout and not the total? That's incredibly high.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #3012 on: October 31, 2021, 10:04:17 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2021, 10:22:46 PM by Hyouzel the Redistricter Supreme »

Hot new info straight off the Loudoun Presses...

The father (Scott Smith) of the girl sexually assaulted at the first school was at the Halloween Parade in Leesburg and was screaming and demanding to speak with Terry (who was there)... turns out he had a knife on him (like a hunting knife type thing) and he was almost arrested by the cops.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3013 on: October 31, 2021, 10:06:23 PM »

2 million election day votes = 3.1 million total votes
2.9 million election day votes = 4 million total votes (almost as high as presidential turnout and unprecedented for an off-year)

If you mean 2.9 million total that'd be 1.8 million election day votes.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3014 on: October 31, 2021, 10:10:26 PM »

Two pieces of information straight off the Loudoun Presses...

One, the father (Scott Smith) of the girl sexually assaulted at the first school was at the Halloween Parade in Leesburg and was screaming and demanding to speak with Terry (who was there)... turns out he had a knife on him (like a hunting knife type thing) and he was almost arrested by the cops.

Second, (and this is big information that has not been leaked), the encounter between the rapist and this man (Scott Smith)'s daughter... was consensual (at least at first)... multiple charges of forcible fellatio in one encounter is a little bit unbelievable of a story (apparently to a judge as well)... The story going around is that they had hooked up a couple of times and either got caught, didn't want to continue seeing him, or was actually sexually assaulted (the least likely of these stories IMO) and told her father, a known conservative activist who donated 1.5k to a Republican statehouse candidate before this whole scandal even began. Additionally, this kid is simply not trans (a friend of a friend used to be friends with him), so if the girl or her father did make up this sexual assault story, I can imagine that she would also make up this detail. This explains why the DA placed him in another school (where he did actually sexually assault someone and should be facing severe punishment) but that detail explains a looooooot of why this hubbub is happening right around this election....
Thanks for keeping us posted.
What impact do you see stemming from this?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3015 on: October 31, 2021, 10:10:30 PM »

Are you sure he was referring to E-Day turnout and not the total? That's incredibly high.

Well... these were vaccinated Russian Bear link to a Wasserman tweet from 10/28/21.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=412258.msg8317687#msg8317687

Looks to be legit after briefly tracking down Dave Wasserman on Twitter...

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3016 on: October 31, 2021, 10:11:48 PM »

Two pieces of information straight off the Loudoun Presses...

One, the father (Scott Smith) of the girl sexually assaulted at the first school was at the Halloween Parade in Leesburg and was screaming and demanding to speak with Terry (who was there)... turns out he had a knife on him (like a hunting knife type thing) and he was almost arrested by the cops.

Second, (and this is big information that has not been leaked), the encounter between the rapist and this man (Scott Smith)'s daughter... was consensual (at least at first)... multiple charges of forcible fellatio in one encounter is a little bit unbelievable of a story (apparently to a judge as well)... The story going around is that they had hooked up a couple of times and either got caught, didn't want to continue seeing him, or was actually sexually assaulted (the least likely of these stories IMO) and told her father, a known conservative activist who donated 1.5k to a Republican statehouse candidate before this whole scandal even began. Additionally, this kid is simply not trans (a friend of a friend used to be friends with him), so if the girl or her father did make up this sexual assault story, I can imagine that she would also make up this detail. This explains why the DA placed him in another school (where he did actually sexually assault someone and should be facing severe punishment) but that detail explains a looooooot of why this hubbub is happening right around this election....

https://www.wjla.com/amp/features/i-team/teen-suspect-found-guilty-in-loudoun-county-public-school-stone-bridge-high-bathroom-assault

The rapist was convicted so as a matter of legal fact it was what you are trying to spin as the "least likely story". Dont spread bs.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #3017 on: October 31, 2021, 10:16:44 PM »

Also another anecdotal info drop on Loudoun: I have seen WAYYYY more Dem signs around town than I have in weeks prior. I think that this polling scare made Dems get their sh**t together and start actually doing their jobs (distributing signs, holding events in swing areas, bringing in the big guns, doing massive canvassing campaigns, etc.)... Feeling better about Tuesday
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3018 on: October 31, 2021, 10:26:16 PM »

Also another anecdotal info drop on Loudoun: I have seen WAYYYY more Dem signs around town than I have in weeks prior. I think that this polling scare made Dems get their sh**t together and start actually doing their jobs (distributing signs, holding events in swing areas, bringing in the big guns, doing massive canvassing campaigns, etc.)... Feeling better about Tuesday
I guess we can say...Thank you Fox!
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #3019 on: October 31, 2021, 10:27:00 PM »

Yep for sure, I bet the election will be not as close now
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3020 on: October 31, 2021, 10:29:14 PM »

The father (Scott Smith) of the girl sexually assaulted at the first school was at the Halloween Parade in Leesburg and was screaming and demanding to speak with Terry (who was there)... turns out he had a knife on him (like a hunting knife type thing) and he was almost arrested by the cops.

He doesn't at all sound like a lunatic.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #3021 on: October 31, 2021, 10:29:31 PM »

He doesn't at all sound like a lunatic.

Totally rational
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3022 on: October 31, 2021, 10:30:23 PM »

Yep for sure, I bet the election will be not as close now

It never was going to be a 1 point race despite the GOP wet dreams.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3023 on: October 31, 2021, 10:33:29 PM »

I don't think signs are an indicator.  Dems are boasting about a huge banked early vote lead and a good ground game for Election Day.  GOP is boasting about yard signs.  I'd rather be Dems.  Also, Youngkin campaign has done a great job, even in Fairfax, of putting his signs in prominent main roads (not on private property) but when you go down most of the back roads 90% of the signs are for T-Mac.  I do see some signs for Youngkin but it's the same houses I always see GOP signs for. 
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3024 on: October 31, 2021, 11:10:40 PM »

So this happened in Richmond...
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to: