Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:10:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 347258 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2975 on: October 31, 2021, 04:26:11 PM »

Youngkin +3 sounds about right, but it could even be Youngkin +5. Dems are really asleep at the wheel here.

Huh

Early vote shows both sides are voting and engaged. Where is the proof of this?
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2976 on: October 31, 2021, 04:33:23 PM »

Hot take: If Youngking gets a +15-16% lead in Election Day votes, he wins. Trump got +26% in 2020.
Are you expecting a huge Election Day turnout?

Yes, I expect 2 million votes
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2977 on: October 31, 2021, 04:33:27 PM »

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2978 on: October 31, 2021, 04:34:19 PM »

Pretty funny I am more optimistic on Tmac and the VA Dem ticket then most now. While many on election twitter have declared it a GOP state.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2979 on: October 31, 2021, 04:40:05 PM »

Trump getting involved again

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2980 on: October 31, 2021, 04:47:46 PM »

Way too many conclusions are being drawn about this race on both sides.
compucomp

« Reply #2981 on: October 31, 2021, 04:48:12 PM »

Pretty funny I am more optimistic on Tmac and the VA Dem ticket then most now. While many on election twitter have declared it a GOP state.

You're more optimistic than TMac himself who sent out two leaks this weekend preemptively making excuses for an upcoming loss, plus of course the false flag tiki torch incident.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2982 on: October 31, 2021, 04:51:28 PM »

80-85% chance this race is within 3 points either way I feel. Certainly within the margin of error. I think if one predicts one side to win by 2-3 and the other side wins by 2-3. That's reasonable and not a prediction to be mocked of too much.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2983 on: October 31, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »

You're more optimistic than TMac himself who sent out two leaks this weekend preemptively making excuses for an upcoming loss, plus of course the false flag tiki torch incident.

none of this came from the McAuliffe campaign

the reaching is real
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2984 on: October 31, 2021, 04:59:29 PM »

There were McAuliffe signs in Henrico and no Youngkin ones
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2985 on: October 31, 2021, 05:00:31 PM »

It would be really funny if after all this, T-Mac just ends up winning by like 5 points anyway.
compucomp

« Reply #2986 on: October 31, 2021, 05:06:26 PM »

the reaching is real

2 articles I saw today (linked earlier in this thread):

1. T-Mac campaign has hard time finding people to do in-person canvassing because Dem volunteers are concerned about the virus

2. T-Mac campaign frustrated with Biden for not putting progressives in line and getting bills passed

These could only have come from the T-Mac campaign, and they're making excuses. Combined with the false flag tiki torch, this is clearly a campaign that thinks it's about to lose. What, do you think Youngkin or the Republican Party are leaking fake news to try to demoralize Dems? Or is it that the media hates Dems and loves Trump and made up the fake news themselves? 
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2987 on: October 31, 2021, 05:08:06 PM »

A loss in this race will be an indictment of the ineptitude and incompetence of the Democratic Party; and Liberals + Establishment politicians and supporters inside it.

We fully deserve to lose if I'm being honest.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2988 on: October 31, 2021, 05:44:36 PM »

It would be really funny if after all this, T-Mac just ends up winning by like 5 points anyway.

This is likely to occur.
Buzz

« Reply #2989 on: October 31, 2021, 05:57:48 PM »

I would not be surprised at all.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2990 on: October 31, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »

McAuliffe went on television today and apparently-falsely suggested he has experience raising a public school student in Virginia:

Context to this non-issue that no one in Virginia cares about: Glenn Youngkin made VA public schools an issue, also sent all his kids to private school.  Is promoting a racist dog whistle about CRT which is not taught in VA public schools.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2991 on: October 31, 2021, 07:05:38 PM »

I would not be surprised at all.

Buzz! You're alive!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2992 on: October 31, 2021, 07:28:27 PM »

the reaching is real

2 articles I saw today (linked earlier in this thread):

1. T-Mac campaign has hard time finding people to do in-person canvassing because Dem volunteers are concerned about the virus

2. T-Mac campaign frustrated with Biden for not putting progressives in line and getting bills passed

These could only have come from the T-Mac campaign, and they're making excuses. Combined with the false flag tiki torch, this is clearly a campaign that thinks it's about to lose. What, do you think Youngkin or the Republican Party are leaking fake news to try to demoralize Dems? Or is it that the media hates Dems and loves Trump and made up the fake news themselves? 

The person was literally quoted in the #1 thing you're referencing, so not sure how it came from T-Mac campaign. It was someone who works on that particular organization who said it. Also the tiki torch incident came from the Lincoln Project, not T-Mac's campaign, as has already been discussed. And of course T-Mac's campaign is upset nothing got passed last week. That doesn't need to be leaked from anyone, that's common knowledge, and I don't think anyone was hiding from that fact, win or lose.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #2993 on: October 31, 2021, 07:29:08 PM »

I’m not going to jinx it, but I think this is far more likely outcome than people in this thread think.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2994 on: October 31, 2021, 07:30:13 PM »

McAuliffe went on television today and apparently-falsely suggested he has experience raising a public school student in Virginia:

Context to this non-issue that no one in Virginia cares about: Glenn Youngkin made VA public schools an issue, also sent all his kids to private school.  Is promoting a racist dog whistle about CRT which is not taught in VA public schools.

As seen with that tweet, the GOP loves nothing more than to churn the fake outrage machine. Apparently Youngkin can talk all about public schools and their issues (without actually having sent his kids to any), but T-Mac can't? And naturally they take everything out of context, every single time.

You have to wonder who the "desperate" campaign here is when all Youngkin has is pulling T-Mac clips out of context one after another.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2995 on: October 31, 2021, 07:31:01 PM »

I’m not going to jinx it, but I think this is far more likely outcome than people in this thread think.

If the Democratic base continues to wake up as they have in the last 2 weeks, then Dems will be fine. Hopefully the Fox poll and the nationalizing of the race woke enough up to make sure they all vote. If Turnout is good, T-Mac will be fine.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #2996 on: October 31, 2021, 07:37:13 PM »

If Youngkin wins, the narrative will be that Trump's endorsement helped and the GOP should embrace Trump.

If Youngkin loses, the narrative will be that he wasn't Trumpy enough and they need to go all in and support Trump.

Youngkin did not win a primary. It remains to be seen if the GOP nominees will look like in 2022.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2997 on: October 31, 2021, 07:55:04 PM »

As seen with that tweet, the GOP loves nothing more than to churn the fake outrage machine. Apparently Youngkin can talk all about public schools and their issues (without actually having sent his kids to any), but T-Mac can't? And naturally they take everything out of context, every single time.

You have to wonder who the "desperate" campaign here is when all Youngkin has is pulling T-Mac clips out of context one after another.

Exactly, and people like that poster are buying it hook line and sinker thinking this matters to VA voters.  The reality is that if it wasn't that one sentence T-Mac said at the debate it would be something else: Masks, BLM, CRT, Trans athletes.  These are the talking points of a political party that is irrelevant and grasping at straws. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2998 on: October 31, 2021, 08:03:02 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2021, 08:14:02 PM by Non Swing Voter »

This should be the real news on that school board thing: https://www.loudountimes.com/news/sheriff-withheld-uniformed-security-despite-threats-to-school-board-pleas-from-superintendent/article_efd02b9e-3935-11ec-83f4-37e73d95967e.html

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2999 on: October 31, 2021, 08:37:02 PM »

More Campaign Trail memes!

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 284  
« previous next »