PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:04:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286805 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 23, 2022, 10:09:12 AM »

Wow, those HDL numbers!

Good for him. My HDL was once like 35 even after getting really low with body fat. I’m on a statin at my age. My HDL is like 45 now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 10:33:26 AM »

Oz is just so bad at this.

Sticking it to The Man.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 09:01:27 PM »

Once again I think there is a non-negligible chance Fetterman gets carried over the finish line by Shapiro. The Governor's race has a greater chance of Shapiro winning by double digits than Mastriano winning, and one has to think that if there are enough swing voters who will also pull the lever for Fetterman as well. This is a documented phenomenon. Evers probably would have lost without Baldwin, for instance.

My guess is that McGinnity would have made it it were in 2018, not 2016 and Hump gave Toomey what he needed (even if he ran about 1 point ahead of Hump).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 08:27:29 PM »

Oh. My. God.

Jesus H Christ that's a good ad.

I just love how someone on the AV team is assigned to either finding images of a candidate at an unflattering angle or freeze-framing videos of a candidate where they're making a funny face. 

RBF is not your friend.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 09:25:27 PM »

The Dog Story has been shuffling around the internet for awhile now. I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on it until now.

This could be the Hunter Biden of this cycle. Oz torturing animals and Walker having abortions….and the Media gives them the BotD, just like they did with the laptop.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 07:22:58 AM »

Looks just like my Lazy. If I got Oz alone in a room, I'd break his fuggin' arm and nose.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 09:15:17 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why conducting routine scientific trials on animals as a researcher at Columbia is a big deal.

Are people just now realizing that when you test unproven medicines on animals sometimes the animals suffer and die? Obviously they try to make it so that the animals don't suffer much if things do go south but that's literally how we test all potential medications before we move on to human trials.

Maybe people are just daft or don't understand the scientific process. The abortion story in Georgia seems like clearly the bigger deal to me.

Here in Central NJ there's a huge pharmaceutical industry. Animal testing is how the sausage gets made when it comes to researching new medicine. It sucks because the animals suffer, but that doesn't make all of the people I know in the pharmaceutical industry, whose research needs animal subjects, psychopaths.

I don't know whether people calling Oz a murderer are aware that the dogs were going to die even if the research was conducted as ethically as it could've been. It was more that they weren't euthanized quickly enough or that they weren't given adequate painkillers to reduce their pain after they were given the medicine.

It's not like Oz was being dog Mengele. He was conducting legitimate research funded by 75 NIH grants. His lab wasn't just injecting dogs with random drug cocktails just to see what happens, it was still following the scientific method. Any pharmaceutical or medical research is going to kill hundreds, if not thousands, of animals over the course of decade like Oz' lab did. Faulting him for that is more of a criticism of animal testing as a whole, as the NBC article did. 

Of course, this story only further validates Democratic preconceptions of Oz - that he is a shady and cruel man who cannot be trusted with public office, and has no morals or values to speak of. Republicans, on their part, will dismiss this story out of hand and designate it as a unfair hit-job. The responses would be entirely reversed if Oz were a Democrat. That also explains why most Democrats have forgiven Fetterman about the jogging incident and moved ahead, while Republicans are still emphasizing it. Individual morality is very much heavily influenced by partisan identification.
If I'm being honest the absolute worst quality of the American electorate is for elections to often be swung by precisely this kind of thing. There are 5-10% of the voters in the middle who DO care about stuff like this and don't care about policy so the voters who care least about policy in effect end up dictating policy.

This is certainly true. Republicans could have done better than Oz and Democrats could have done better than Fetterman. But at this point, it comes down to who aligns with your ideological viewpoints more. A vote for Oz is a vote for McConnell; likewise, a vote for Fetterman is a vote for Schumer. At least, that is how it is for the majority of voters. However, this is a story that has been circulating for months already, so I'm not sure how much more of an impact it could have. This is especially so, when you consider some of the negative stories that have come out about Fetterman recently.

I disagree - let's not put them into the same category. I think Fett was probably the best candidate still. And it's no short charge to still be up in positive net favorability after a $40M negative onslaught of ads.

There's only so much Willie Horton and "you can't afford new taxes" can get you. The 2006 GOP went really hard on taxes in October. It helped a little at first (probably let them keep a seat in NM at least) but it all got swallowed up by the diddling stuff.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 05:57:31 PM »

The Philadelphia Inqurier has picked up the puppy story.

Pretty much says as what we've been saying - Oz didn't kill any puppies *himself* but the facts show he was the leader of the research and studies, and he oversaw everything. His name as also attached starting in 2004 when Columbia had to pay its fine.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/mehmet-oz-puppies-dog-animal-abuse-research-senate-20221004.html

No matter the nuances, if Fetterman is "soft on crime" for commuting the sentences for wrongfully convicted prisoners, then it's fair for Oz to be portrayed as a mad scientist who kills man's best friends with no remorse.

The Ass is basically the Mengele and Frankenstein combined to dogs. Frankenstein is the doctor, not the monster. I still don't think everyone knows that.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2022, 08:41:42 PM »

TBH, even with control of the senate at stake, I would vote against the Democrat if it came out they were killing dogs (or ordering such) for research. I get that everyone is partisan af these days but I'd at least like to think that if you are a dog lover, you'd draw the line at needlessly euthanizing these precious creatures:

At certain point, you would think that people who advocate for your values being so extremely immoral would make you want to reconsider your values. If Democrats are rightly pessimistic about the polls because Republicans regularly lie on then, I guess it shows 1) there is an issue with poor morals, and 2) people are aware of it and are dealing with it the absolute worst way possible.

As world society stumbles from one crisis to the next (like clockwork from ISIS to Brexit, Brexit to COVID-19, COVID-19 to the one bad day from WW3 situation in Ukraine)  slowly is consumed by the sh**t abyss, the people only have themselves to blame when everyday becomes a life or death struggle.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2022, 06:23:06 PM »

I guess this election will decide whether old-school Democrats  can win anymore.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2022, 06:34:27 PM »

My first thought was: "my prissy ass flies first-class on a semi-regular basis. That looks like coach."

Truly a woman of the people right here.  

Who the hell brings snacks to first class? That’s like asking for sauce at the steakhouse! Just give me my beer or  champagne that everyone gets and wake me up when the cookies or crudités/salads and bread starts coming.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 06:35:51 PM »

Ass used to go on to Fox itself and talk about the benefits of pot.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2022, 08:30:49 PM »

Imagine flying first class across the country and bringing plastic bags full of trail mix.

At least she didn’t call them crudités.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2022, 08:21:46 AM »

Oz doesn't even bother giving a comment about yesterdays news

Candidate A: I have plan to do X or stop Y.
Candidate B: I'm already implementing that plan.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2022, 02:19:21 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2022, 04:28:09 PM by Person Man »

Chaser: the fundraiser was hosted by Matt Gaetz's in-laws.

Was it to raise money for a cure for involuntary celibacy?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 04:34:44 PM »

Come on, bro! What did Hitler ever do to you?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 05:22:16 PM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2022, 09:32:17 PM »

ah, found it

This just makes him and his supporters look like scum. Can you imagine any sane or moral person doing such things?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2022, 09:20:37 AM »

If Oz wins, it should put to rest any notion of a liberal media.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2022, 06:28:19 AM »

While watching Jeopardy! last night, I saw seven campaign ads in a row, including four PA-SEN ads that alternated Oz-Fetterman-Oz-Fetterman.  Had all the hits: "Fetterman is a far-left liberal", "Oz is a quack", "Fetterman racially profiles black people", "Oz tortures puppies".  

The other three were, respectively, a Chrissy Houlahan ad, an Andy Kim ad, and a Josh Shapiro ad.  

At least the anti-Oz stuff is more coherent.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2022, 10:23:24 AM »

The race gives a lot of us "Troubled Young Boys" on Atlas "skin in the game". The more this goes on, the more Dr.Oz and his surrogates look like Krieger from Archer, or Dr. Zoidberg, or Mengele, Asperger, or Frankenstein.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2022, 11:30:11 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2022, 11:36:11 AM by Person Man »

I just *know* that Trafalgar is going to drop its next one this week with Oz in the lead. I can feel it lol. Would be very surprised if they still have Fetterman leading.

You mean the frozen pizza guy? You know, Red Barron? That’s really the Trafalgar guy!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 12:12:48 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2022, 12:16:24 PM by Person Man »

An old clip that just got unearthed, but still, a bad one considering his tweet earlier today lol

He tortures puppies and wants people to eat bugs and live in tubes. And the Red Baron will report that the people say “we know he is a mad scientist and a professional liar, but we’re still voting for him!”
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2022, 09:35:26 AM »

Was funny, watching 6ABC's 4:30pm news yesterday while I was in the gym. They actually coincidentally did a story on political ads this cycle, and some study that tells people most of the info you're getting from political ads isn't great, and you should find your information elsewhere, etc.

They then go into the Oz-Jim Gardner ad as an example. They of course did it in a respectable, nonpartisan way, but said how this is a great example because not only did Jim Gardner not approve (or have to approve) the ad, but that they used a fake chyron in the ad that 6ABC never ran. Was pretty proud that they showcased that (as they should, since Oz is faking stuff to make it look like it was something 6ABC actually ran)

The irony of it all was that the next commercial break right after... that same Oz ad ran lmao.

Was only watching for a short time, but I saw a Chrissy Houlahan ad, an Andy Kim ad, that Oz ad, and then one pro-Lisa Scheller and anti-Scheller ad.

So the situation is backfiring almost perfectly.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies