PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:03:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289982 times)
HidingCommentary
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4550 on: October 12, 2022, 07:34:02 AM »

I saw the interview this morning. Fetterman seemed fine, the comments from Dasha seemed unnecessary. I can't imagine it makes a difference either way.

And I'm trying to view this impartially, not the hack democrats that i usually am.  Tongue
HidingCommentary
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4551 on: October 12, 2022, 07:44:13 AM »

Also, as has been mentioned, the Kirk comparisons are overdone. He ran ahead of Trump. Some of that might have been incumbency, but Kirk made a racist statement against Tammy Duckworth at a debate for crying out loud and he was still the second best performing state wide republican in 2016(first was incumbent comptroller Leslie Munger).
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4552 on: October 12, 2022, 07:49:20 AM »

Of course. Dr. Oz's old show started on NBC.

This is a blatant hit job from NBC, meant as a favor to push a long-time friend of the network's career. Tens of journalists have come out rebutting Dasha Burns's hit on her, including some of the most respected names in the business.

It's a shame Fetterman can't sue these assholes for defamation because everyone with a brain can see what they're doing. What a piece of sh*t.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4553 on: October 12, 2022, 07:51:06 AM »

It's funny to me too that the GOP narrative is that Fetterman is cognitively impaired.

Do they realize what he's doing? He not only needs to try and hear and process everything but also needs to quickly read what the person is saying on the computer and instantly react. If he was "brain damaged", there'd be no way he would be able to also read that quickly and respond.

It's just all really gross.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4554 on: October 12, 2022, 07:56:52 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2022, 08:02:05 AM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

Let's call it what it is - a blatant, abject lie meant to advance a longtime friend's career

These people must be destroyed at all costs and the Democratic Party as an apparatus needs to cut off all contacts with the media. Hit them in their wallets, cut off all their access to the party, and you'll never see stuff like this again.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4555 on: October 12, 2022, 08:18:25 AM »

My God. It's so bad even Lawrence O'Donnell is pushing back on it.

NBC needs to fire this lying piece of sh*t today.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4556 on: October 12, 2022, 08:20:26 AM »

Excited to see this all backfire on Burns. Making Fetterman out to be some brain damaged person as he is transparent about his struggles and open about using closed captioning just makes him more sympathetic to the average person.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4557 on: October 12, 2022, 08:28:51 AM »

Neurology isn't my specialty, but I don't see anything from Fetterman's attitude (medical usage of attitude) to indicate that he's struggling to a disqualifying degree. 

Obviously, though, I'm not his physician and I'm only getting as much info as the rest of you. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4558 on: October 12, 2022, 08:45:01 AM »

Neurology isn't my specialty, but I don't see anything from Fetterman's attitude (medical usage of attitude) to indicate that he's struggling to a disqualifying degree. 

Obviously, though, I'm not his physician and I'm only getting as much info as the rest of you. 

Which way are you leaning for the senate race?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4559 on: October 12, 2022, 08:50:49 AM »

Which way are you leaning for the senate race?

I still don't know if I'm behind honest with you.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4560 on: October 12, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »

I like how Oz is showing that he's healthy with that ad where he is running, especially in the context of him being a doctor. It's a not-so-subtle contrast of Fetterman's health.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4561 on: October 12, 2022, 09:10:08 AM »

Oz hasn't led a poll for... how long? Ever?

Unless the numbers change the final weeks, polling would be really broken if Oz somehow still ended up winning. With basically no poll giving him a lead. That said, WI-2016 and NC-2020 would be proper comparisons.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4562 on: October 12, 2022, 09:15:34 AM »

Unless the numbers change the final weeks, polling would be really broken if Oz somehow still ended up winning. With basically no poll giving him a lead. That said, WI-2016 and NC-2020 would be proper comparisons.

Susan Collins didn't lead a poll ever.

No race is a sure thing.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4563 on: October 12, 2022, 09:16:55 AM »

No race is a sure thing.

ME SEN-2020 is my ONE "I told you so" election during my time on this forum Tongue
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4564 on: October 12, 2022, 09:18:41 AM »

No race is a sure thing.

Forgot about that one, but yes. Last time Collins led 2 polls were in April and June, all conducted by R-pollsters.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4565 on: October 12, 2022, 09:20:37 AM »

If Oz wins, it should put to rest any notion of a liberal media.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #4566 on: October 12, 2022, 09:24:13 AM »

I just don't get how any supposedly intelligent person could vote for this monster.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4567 on: October 12, 2022, 09:25:51 AM »

I just don't get how any supposedly intelligent person could vote for this monster.

At least Dems are playing hardball now. Usually only the GOP does so and worked well for them all too often.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #4568 on: October 12, 2022, 10:45:04 AM »

Have heard that Oz has taken the lead in some Dem internal polls. Not sure who conducted them.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4569 on: October 12, 2022, 10:53:20 AM »

Seriously this makes him seem like a person of perhaps questionable morals.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4570 on: October 12, 2022, 10:54:22 AM »

Have heard that Oz has taken the lead in some Dem internal polls. Not sure who conducted them.

This would seem pretty surprising. I would've expected at least some R internals to maybe have him up, but we haven't seen any of those. A dem internal having Oz up would certainly be a total 180 from the public polling. If you hear anything else, please let us know!

The public polling on this race sort of came to a giant halt, though Monmouth and Suffolk both Fetterman +5/6 as the last two.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4571 on: October 12, 2022, 10:55:15 AM »

It would seem SMP is making sure the puppy ads are being seen - they aired during the Phillies game yesterday and apparently will air today too.
kwabbit

« Reply #4572 on: October 12, 2022, 11:00:41 AM »

This would seem pretty surprising. I would've expected at least some R internals to maybe have him up, but we haven't seen any of those. A dem internal having Oz up would certainly be a total 180 from the public polling. If you hear anything else, please let us know!

The public polling on this race sort of came to a giant halt, though Monmouth and Suffolk both Fetterman +5/6 as the last two.

The Trafalgar poll this week will likely have Oz leading. That’s kind of an internal. It’s bizarre how little public polling we’ve had in this race. Maybe pollsters like the shiny object in GA, but this has become the critical Senate race since Warnock is looking relatively comfortable now.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4573 on: October 12, 2022, 11:04:23 AM »

The Trafalgar poll this week will likely have Oz leading. That’s kind of an internal. It’s bizarre how little public polling we’ve had in this race. Maybe pollsters like the shiny object in GA, but this has become the critical Senate race since Warnock is looking relatively comfortable now.

Yeah, I was hoping Fabrizio/Impact would return, since the last we have of them is June and they've waded it on most other competitive races by now somewhat recently.

Could use another Muhlenberg, Fox, hell even Civiqs at this point.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4574 on: October 12, 2022, 11:04:56 AM »

f@ck.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies