FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:47:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120914 times)
Earthling
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: August 11, 2022, 07:58:31 AM »

They brought back the sh**t the Trump supporters left on the Capitol walls?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #576 on: August 11, 2022, 08:38:16 AM »

Fox really does pander the lowest common denominator. "Obama loving judge". Even just taking that at face value - the implication that given how someone voted, there is no way that they could coherently do their job properly.

So given that because this man voted for Obama, there's no way he could possibly act impartial whatsoever in his job. Incredible.

Meanwhile, the fact that they are airing his photos, defaming him, and berating him constantly on air is so disgusting because it could severely end up getting someone hurt, and they just *don't* care.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #577 on: August 11, 2022, 08:48:31 AM »

Release the video then.

And reveal what the warrant says.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #578 on: August 11, 2022, 08:50:41 AM »

If there were any actual misconduct by the FBI involved in the search, Trump's lawyers would be going to court about it.  Unsubstantiated claims on cable networks or social media mean exactly nothing.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #579 on: August 11, 2022, 09:00:48 AM »

Tbh, looks more like hitjob, imho. Maybe they just plan to release individual shots of their faces to rile up their supporters. This is how low the Trumps are going, the leader of the so-called "law & order party".
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #580 on: August 11, 2022, 10:00:55 AM »

To no one's surprise this is what they accuse the left of being - because they are so mentally degenerate that they lack creative imagination, self-awareness or empathy.

I think it's just a matter of time before the GOP turns to nationwide violence. Either because they face consequences for their behavior, or because they have successfully avoided such consequences.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #581 on: August 11, 2022, 10:08:43 AM »

Imagine actually believing this
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #582 on: August 11, 2022, 10:49:22 AM »

DT: Not relevant!

Eric Swalwell tweeting about what's on his voicemail is still irrelevant, yes.

Have you ever heard of "cause and effect"?

What is the cause and what is the effect?  The VM left for Rep. Swalwell doesn't reference the FBI raid, so why are we assuming that's what motivated the caller?  Swalwell putting this up and trying to link it to the FBI raid is just him trying to throw his name into the national drama
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #583 on: August 11, 2022, 10:51:55 AM »

DT: Not relevant!

Eric Swalwell tweeting about what's on his voicemail is still irrelevant, yes.

Wait DT, I'm lost.  Why is this a bad thing?

Swalwell can self-servingly tweet whatever he wants, I guess.  But I'd say it's irrelevant to this thread because there's nothing in the VM that alludes to the FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago.  The crank could have just as easily been motivated by something else.  Swalwell is choosing to inject himself into the national drama as a way to score cheap political points   
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #584 on: August 11, 2022, 10:57:29 AM »

To be fair, it's not at all difficult for me to believe that an FBI agent would behave "improperly" while conducting a search. It's not uncommon for cops to deliberately trash people's homes, take evidence that was not listed on the warrant, vandalize cars, or even abuse or kill pets during the search. And of course there is almost never any accountability.

I find it hard to believe that any agent would be bold enough to behave this way when searching a political figure's property, let alone the president's house, and given the source I suspect that this is BS. But still I'll be consistent, if one of the agents mistreated Trump, his property, or anyone else at Mar-a-lago then that agent should be sent to prison for many years.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #585 on: August 11, 2022, 10:58:41 AM »

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but I find it amusing:

https://www.wabi.tv/2022/08/10/collins-responds-search-trumps-home/
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #586 on: August 11, 2022, 11:01:30 AM »

Trump and family complaining about law enforcement misbehavior is rich. This is a guy who told a room of police this:

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #587 on: August 11, 2022, 11:12:17 AM »

To be fair, it's not at all difficult for me to believe that an FBI agent would behave "improperly" while conducting a search. It's not uncommon for cops to deliberately trash people's homes, take evidence that was not listed on the warrant, vandalize cars, or even abuse or kill pets during the search. And of course there is almost never any accountability.

I find it hard to believe that any agent would be bold enough to behave this way when searching a political figure's property, let alone the president's house, and given the source I suspect that this is BS. But still I'll be consistent, if one of the agents mistreated Trump, his property, or anyone else at Mar-a-lago then that agent should be sent to prison for many years.

If such a video existed, it would have already been released by the Trump folks.  This is just another desperate, slapdash, BS attempt to distract the public.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #588 on: August 11, 2022, 11:13:15 AM »

If Trump was mishandling classified information, then yes, the FBI should go retrieve that information.

If Trump was in possession of classified information, there's no reason that couldn't have been resolved cooperatively (or at most with a subpoena.)  Trump voluntarily surrended 15 boxes of documents to the National Archives back in January. 

Sure. No one knows yet what the warrant was for, but I highly doubt the FBI raids a former president's house if there was not something serious to it. I do not believe the conspiracies that somehow Biden is pushing the FBI to take out Trump before the next election. Biden probably wants to run against Trump again.

This is why we need immediate oversight and answers from the Justice Department on why the raid was conducted.  The DOJ seems to be downplaying the raid, which is not a very smart political calculation.   
Why can't Trump just tell us?

Tell us what?  That the FBI is on a fishing expedition and showed up to Mar-a-Lago to collect every piece of paper they could get their hands on?  He's already said that
He has a copy of the warrant and can release it.
As multiple posters have already said, it's unlikely the warrant contains any information as to why the search was conducted.

Georgia "the nice mod" Moderate, provided a link to an article that tells you all you need to know and more. I copied and pasted it below for your convenience. If true, it was the antithesis of a fishing expedition. That of course brings up the question of just why Trump was so intent on keeping records that it was a felony for him to keep. Feel free to speculate away on that one.

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-informer-told-fbi-what-docs-trump-was-hiding-where-1732283

This reporting does not indicate that Trump was, as you say, "intent" on keeping classified information at Mar-A-Lago.  Quite the opposite, actually!  He had already voluntarily returned 15 boxes of documents to the National Archives in January.  If the FBI had reason to suspect that there were additional documents at Mar-a-Lago that still needed to be surrendered, it is not apparent why they needed to be seized in a raid instead of collected cooperatively (as before) or through the use of a subpoena. 

And yet They seized 15 boxes worth of documents. So if somebody steals $100,000 but returns 50,000 they should be above the law? This is literally the level of your so-called argument.

1) No, 15 boxes were already returned by Trump back in January.  We have no confirmation of what/how many documents were taken from Mar-A-Lago during the raid (because the FBI isn't talking!)

2) Not all presidential records are covered under the PRA.  There are categories of correspondence from Trump's time in office that he is entitled to keep for his private records.  Trump left the White House with a lot of documents, then voluntarily surrendered some of them to NARA when he was notified they were covered under the PRA.  That alone doesn't establish cause to search the remainder of his private records (unless the FBI has other evidence, but they aren't talking!)   

No one is saying Trump is above the law.  If he was in possession of documents covered by the PRA, then NARA could have sought to have these documents returned cooperatively (as they did before.)  Barring that, a judge could have ordered a subpoena for the documents.  A search of a former president's private residence for a possible violation of the PRA is prosecutorial overkill and a politcal witch hunt. 
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #589 on: August 11, 2022, 11:17:40 AM »

The FBI almost never talks publicly about ongoing investigations. IDK why conservatives are pretending that this is outrageous behavior.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #590 on: August 11, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #591 on: August 11, 2022, 11:20:49 AM »

Where is the evidence this happened? Until there's some type of proof (which there is not), there's no reason for us to be even entertaining that thought. What point is there to think of all hypotheticals here that have no evidence? That just gives more credence to them.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #592 on: August 11, 2022, 11:22:05 AM »

By Eric Trump's standards, executing a search warrant is "improper".
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #593 on: August 11, 2022, 11:24:35 AM »

Oh my understanding is that a raid by law enforcement can be an extremely traumatic event, particularly for those who are not the direct target of the search.  
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #594 on: August 11, 2022, 11:34:07 AM »

So Trump was purposely withholding and mishandling classified information, seemingly multiple times. Oh, the irony
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #595 on: August 11, 2022, 11:50:44 AM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #596 on: August 11, 2022, 12:17:19 PM »

A, so trump knew of the subpoena and refused to fully comply with it? Shocking. Of course, he will call this report fake and his supporters will eat it up
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #597 on: August 11, 2022, 12:20:08 PM »

It looks like Trump was withholding and concealing incredibly sensitive documents from the FBI. But sure, let's defund them instead!

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #598 on: August 11, 2022, 12:20:52 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #599 on: August 11, 2022, 12:29:23 PM »

1) No, 15 boxes were already returned by Trump back in January.  We have no confirmation of what/how many documents were taken from Mar-A-Lago during the raid (because the FBI isn't talking!)

Why does the FBI need "to talk"?
Eric trump's numerous security cameras captured exactly what was taken, and how many new boxes were wheeled-out of Mar-a-Lago.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies