FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:40:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 121206 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: August 11, 2022, 03:36:09 PM »
« edited: August 11, 2022, 03:39:18 PM by 7,052,770 »

No they just think both sides don’t care about it and believe me I know many Trump supporters and that is what they believe .

OSR, all these people you know believe that every Democrat is corrupt and thus they can end democracy with clean consciences because they've been lied to by Fox and Republican media for years if not decades. A lot of supporters of evil causes throughout history have genuinely bought into lies. Your buddies are less culpable than the Republican corporate-political-media cartel, sure. Brainwashed ISIS fighters are a tier less culpable than the leaders and the hate preachers. Still evil.

Being a rube doesn't make a person immune to accusations of low character. Believing in bullsh**t isn't a get out of jail free card for being called a poisonous traitor to democracy.

They don’t watch cable news though

Facebook is primarily responsible for the radicalization and stupidification of the Right over the last 10-15. FoxNews is just following what the people want (see January 2021 for an example - they started to abandon Trump until they understood how against that their audience was)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #701 on: August 11, 2022, 03:42:10 PM »

You have to admire the balls on Garland here. He calls Trump's bluff by moving to unseal the warrant and putting the ball in Trump's court as to whether to object or not. If he objects, the GOP looks like even bigger fools than they already are after crying for more transparency. F**king legend.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #702 on: August 11, 2022, 03:49:47 PM »

What do you think is in it that would be damning enough for people to bail on him? The 74 million voters he got in 2020 when he lost?
There are at least 74 million terrible adult citizens in the US, yes.

#ARAB #AllRepublicansAreBad #All74Million #SorryNotSorry

Gee I wonder why you guys are unable to appeal to people who don’t vote for you guys .

What the hell "compromise " are we supposed to make with voters unapologetically opposing applying the rule of law to their partisan leaders? Such persons are not only 99% unlikely to ever vote for a Democrat anyway, but also largely anti-democracy assholes not warranting being catered to.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #703 on: August 11, 2022, 03:52:00 PM »

What do you think is in it that would be damning enough for people to bail on him? The 74 million voters he got in 2020 when he lost?

Gee I wonder why you guys are unable to appeal to people who don’t vote for you guys .

What the hell "compromise " are we supposed to make with voters unapologetically opposing applying the rule of law to their partisan leaders? Such persons are not only 99% unlikely to ever vote for a Democrat anyway, but also largely anti-democracy assholes not warranting being catered to.

Then why did many of them vote democratic Pre 2016 or heck even Pre 2020
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #704 on: August 11, 2022, 04:01:15 PM »

Please don't derail the thread with partisan bickering. 
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #705 on: August 11, 2022, 04:04:21 PM »

Then why did many of them vote democratic Pre 2016 or heck even Pre 2020
People don’t change party based on policy…they change their policy beliefs based on party they identify with. You’re not the only one who can’t get over this simple concept, but it’s annoying having to explain this simple concept over and over again.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #706 on: August 11, 2022, 04:14:58 PM »

Kudos to Garland for offering the transparency Americans deserve for such a high-profile case.

If Trump isn't cooperative in unsealing the warrant, it will indeed be a very bad look for him. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #707 on: August 11, 2022, 04:29:34 PM »

Kudos to Garland for offering the transparency Americans deserve for such a high-profile case.

If Trump isn't cooperative in unsealing the warrant, it will indeed be a very bad look for him. 

How will you feel if he objects? I'd be shocked if he doesn't object. I am just curious what his explanation will be.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #708 on: August 11, 2022, 04:31:34 PM »

How will you feel if he objects? I'd be shocked if he doesn't object. I am just curious what his explanation will be.

I will feel that he is either being uncooperative for the sake of it or has something to hide.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #709 on: August 11, 2022, 04:32:34 PM »

If he objects, it will probably be some allegation that FBI/DOJ isn't disclosing enough and that releasing the warrant alone would somehow be misleading. Make a demand that he knows they can't legally go along with.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #710 on: August 11, 2022, 04:38:17 PM »

I'm sure they will find a reason to defend him, but there is literally *no* defense of him objecting to it. He was moaning all week about it and then Garland calls his bluff and then if he says no, then clearly he has something to hide, and the entire 'transparency' thing falls again entirely on him.

I mean rationally he looks terrible either way but even the MAGA crowd I'd imagine will find it hard to defend legitimately
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #711 on: August 11, 2022, 04:53:01 PM »

Yah Trump really can’t object to this
Junior Chimp

« Reply #712 on: August 11, 2022, 04:58:42 PM »

I don't believe this for a second.

Nothing damaging will come out.

The search warrant will prove nothing.

Far more important is the AFFADAVIT!!!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #713 on: August 11, 2022, 05:02:38 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #714 on: August 11, 2022, 05:08:15 PM »

Well, if this is right, he may want to keep that inventory hidden:

The Top Secret classification applies to information "the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security." For more information:

Examples of Top Secret information are currently given in National Security Council (NSC) regulations concerning FOIA requests for classified documents. Those examples are "armed hostilities against the United States or its allies," "disruption of foreign relations vitally affecting the national security," "the compromise of vital national defense plans or complex cryptologic and communications intelligence systems," "the revelation of sensitive intelligence operations," and "the disclosure of scientific or technological developments vital to the national security."7 Those examples in NSC regulations are the same those used in EO 11652 and are also found in the DoD Information Security Program Regulations.8 A 1964 DoD instruction provided more-detailed examples of information that might require Top Secret classification. Some of those examples are as follows:

https://sgp.fas.org/library/quist2/chap_7.html

Click the link in the quote to see the actual examples, which are exceptionally serious stuff.

If Trump had Top Secret documents in his possession, he's cooked.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #715 on: August 11, 2022, 05:08:51 PM »

Don't worry.  It will come out with the indictment.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #716 on: August 11, 2022, 05:14:14 PM »

I'm sure they will find a reason to defend him, but there is literally *no* defense of him objecting to it. He was moaning all week about it and then Garland calls his bluff and then if he says no, then clearly he has something to hide, and the entire 'transparency' thing falls again entirely on him.

I mean rationally he looks terrible either way but even the MAGA crowd I'd imagine will find it hard to defend legitimately

I think the MAGA crowd will die on whatever hill they need to when defending their leader. After all, they are conditioned to think anything said in the media is fake news. Trump could say he is objecting because this is a witchhunt and his base will fall in line.

However, it will ensure he has almost no chance in 2024 with the general electorate even if he is re-nominated.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #717 on: August 11, 2022, 05:21:49 PM »

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #718 on: August 11, 2022, 05:24:08 PM »

I think the MAGA crowd will die on whatever hill they need to when defending their leader. After all, they are conditioned to think anything said in the media is fake news. Trump could say he is objecting because this is a witchhunt and his base will fall in line.

However, it will ensure he has almost no chance in 2024 with the general electorate even if he is re-nominated.

Agree with *most* of this. Not sure I buy that he would have almost no chance in 2024, however. If the last seven years have taught me anything, it's that the general public has an astonishing ability to overlook what should be completely disqualifying issues with Trump.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #719 on: August 11, 2022, 05:32:37 PM »

This is all great, but I don't expect any of this to slow down Trumps march to the '24 nomination in the slightest.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #720 on: August 11, 2022, 05:34:58 PM »

Well, if this is right, he may want to keep that inventory hidden:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1557839391141289986

The Top Secret classification applies to information "the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security." For more information:

Examples of Top Secret information are currently given in National Security Council (NSC) regulations concerning FOIA requests for classified documents. Those examples are "armed hostilities against the United States or its allies," "disruption of foreign relations vitally affecting the national security," "the compromise of vital national defense plans or complex cryptologic and communications intelligence systems," "the revelation of sensitive intelligence operations," and "the disclosure of scientific or technological developments vital to the national security."7 Those examples in NSC regulations are the same those used in EO 11652 and are also found in the DoD Information Security Program Regulations.8 A 1964 DoD instruction provided more-detailed examples of information that might require Top Secret classification. Some of those examples are as follows:

https://sgp.fas.org/library/quist2/chap_7.html

Click the link in the quote to see the actual examples, which are exceptionally serious stuff.

If Trump had Top Secret documents in his possession, he's cooked.

Off-topic, but remember when Dick Cheney made up a new level of "classification" specifically for unclassified documents he didn't want other people to read by just stamping them "Treated as Secret/SCI" even though that was meaningless?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #721 on: August 11, 2022, 05:35:57 PM »

Maggie Hagemann is a fraud, we all know that.

And so is that Benner girl.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #722 on: August 11, 2022, 05:36:35 PM »

Maggie Hagemann is a fraud, we all know that.

And so is that Benner girl.

This must be a difficult time for you.  Perhaps you should take a break.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #723 on: August 11, 2022, 05:42:05 PM »

Ding Dong will say “deep state men in black” planted the documents and it’s all a set up. His cult will eat up the victim complex.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #724 on: August 11, 2022, 05:49:51 PM »

Aren't these the same people who were whining that the DoJ wasn't being open about what the search was about? And now, if I'm understanding this, they're suing to stop them from doing so?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies