FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:31:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 121285 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: August 11, 2022, 12:30:12 PM »

Given the latest news, it unsurprisingly looks like the GOP and their acolytes are going to have serious eggs on their faces when this is all said and done, and made themselves out to look like fools, and for what?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #601 on: August 11, 2022, 12:32:55 PM »

Given the latest news, it unsurprisingly looks like the GOP and their acolytes are going to have serious eggs on their faces when this is all said and done, and made themselves out to look like fools, and for what?
You can’t have egg on your face if you just argue in bad faith and have no shame
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #602 on: August 11, 2022, 12:39:09 PM »

Not sure if connected, but probably.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #603 on: August 11, 2022, 12:42:41 PM »

Not sure if connected, but probably.

really having flashbacks from 2016 with the same exact headlines for Comey
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #604 on: August 11, 2022, 12:43:06 PM »

OSR? Ready to retract your statements on here?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #605 on: August 11, 2022, 12:45:19 PM »

Could also be about the shooting in Cincinnati.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #606 on: August 11, 2022, 12:47:29 PM »

Could also be about the shooting in Cincinnati.

Or both.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #607 on: August 11, 2022, 01:02:27 PM »

Sure Jan....
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #608 on: August 11, 2022, 01:05:34 PM »

But but I read on TalkElections that all the feds had to do was ask Trump for the documents and he would have gladly given them back! There was no need for the raid!!!1
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #609 on: August 11, 2022, 01:06:57 PM »

Imagine actually believing this

To be fair, it's not at all difficult for me to believe that an FBI agent would behave "improperly" while conducting a search. It's not uncommon for cops to deliberately trash people's homes, take evidence that was not listed on the warrant, vandalize cars, or even abuse or kill pets during the search. And of course there is almost never any accountability.

I find it hard to believe that any agent would be bold enough to behave this way when searching a political figure's property, let alone the president's house, and given the source I suspect that this is BS. But still I'll be consistent, if one of the agents mistreated Trump, his property, or anyone else at Mar-a-lago then that agent should be sent to prison for many years.

Oh my understanding is that a raid by law enforcement can be an extremely traumatic event, particularly for those who are not the direct target of the search.  

A lot of them are excessively rough. Even if the crime itself is serious or heinous, there is rarely a need to go in with the SWAT teams like they usually do. I understand that it's important to go in at the crack of dawn and get the drop on people so that evidence doesn't get destroyed, but unless there's reason to believe the guy they're after is armed or dangerous (something that can easily be determined with a little surveillance) then there's no reason for the theatrics in my opinion.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #610 on: August 11, 2022, 01:09:23 PM »

1) No, 15 boxes were already returned by Trump back in January.  We have no confirmation of what/how many documents were taken from Mar-A-Lago during the raid (because the FBI isn't talking!)

Why does the FBI need "to talk"?
Eric trump's numerous security cameras captured exactly what was taken, and how many new boxes were wheeled-out of Mar-a-Lago.

The FBI should be interested in being stewards of their own credibility.  After actively interfering in the past two presidential elections, their reputation is pretty shot.  Taking the opportunity to explain to the American people the facts that led to this raid should be a no-brainer.  Otherwise, the slow drip of leaks and innuendo will only feed the perception that the FBI is acting with impropriety.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2022, 01:32:09 PM »

I think we are expecting LIVE SPECIAL REPORT NEWS, from Washington DC any minute now.
Turn-on your TV and be prepared.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2022, 01:32:54 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #613 on: August 11, 2022, 01:36:05 PM »

I'm glad Biden (the White House) is staying-out of the DOJ/FBI investigation (as they should).
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2022, 01:40:23 PM »

I'm glad Biden (the White House) is staying-out of the DOJ/FBI investigation (as they should).

Yes, that is literally what the bare minimum level of political competence in this situation would require LOL
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #615 on: August 11, 2022, 01:40:45 PM »

1) No, 15 boxes were already returned by Trump back in January.  We have no confirmation of what/how many documents were taken from Mar-A-Lago during the raid (because the FBI isn't talking!)

Why does the FBI need "to talk"?
Eric trump's numerous security cameras captured exactly what was taken, and how many new boxes were wheeled-out of Mar-a-Lago.

The FBI should be interested in being stewards of their own credibility.  After actively interfering in the past two presidential elections, their reputation is pretty shot.  Taking the opportunity to explain to the American people the facts that led to this raid should be a no-brainer.  Otherwise, the slow drip of leaks and innuendo will only feed the perception that the FBI is acting with impropriety.

How did the FBI interfere in the 2020 election?

Typically, all of the facts behind an investigation are not given to the public before an indictment and/or trial occurs. I think you can read well enough to understand why this raid took place. It sounds like Trump failed to comply with a subpoena to turn over all the classified documents he possessed, and someone in his camp flipped and told the FBI where to find the remaining documents.

Why is that so hard to understand? Do you believe Trump should be immune from the law?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #616 on: August 11, 2022, 01:45:21 PM »

Yes, that is literally what the bare minimum level of political competence in this situation would require LOL

And also the complete opposite of the last administration.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #617 on: August 11, 2022, 01:47:10 PM »

That's the irony of "DT's" statement. Trump treated the DOJ as his own personal law enforcement group and Barr as his own personal attorney.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #618 on: August 11, 2022, 01:48:08 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #619 on: August 11, 2022, 01:48:27 PM »

It's even hilarious to blame Biden or the Democrats in the first place for the entire situation. Trump brought this upon himself because it wouldn't have happened if he simply played by the rules.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #620 on: August 11, 2022, 01:49:57 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2022, 02:04:14 PM by Santander »

Don't get your hopes up too high, guys. For almost 6 years, Democrats have been on the edge of their seats waiting to see Trump in cuffs, only to be disappointed.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #621 on: August 11, 2022, 01:50:05 PM »

Too bad your Orange Buffon does not have the professionalism and "political competence" to do exactly what was expected when he was in office.
He would inject his obese ass in everything the DOJ and AG was doing. LOL.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #622 on: August 11, 2022, 01:52:07 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2022, 01:52:29 PM »

Still waiting on Garland, correct? (Just trying to stay up-to-date on my break hehe)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #624 on: August 11, 2022, 01:53:19 PM »

Hello!
This may get interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies