FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:39:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114646 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 08, 2022, 06:06:06 PM »

trump says ...

FBI agents conducting a "siege" = LOL. What an Orange Buffoon. A "siege"? Really?

"Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States" = WRONG! Sounds familiar and similar to Richard Nixon. Hmmmm. Strange coincidence ? .... Nope.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 06:34:50 PM »

What former President brings classified papers with him back to his personal residence ??

None.
I don't think this is proper or allowed. (Thus the raid.)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 06:36:52 PM »

What the Hell does the Orange Buffoon mean about "Hillary taking antique furniture from the White House"?
What is that?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 06:46:55 PM »

What the Hell does the Orange Buffoon mean about "Hillary taking antique furniture from the White House"?
What is that?

It's just projection.

He doesn’t know how to NOT deflect to Hillary!

It's just so comical.
The entire nation is hearing about a serious FBI raid of his home, and he decides it's a good idea to talk about "antique furniture."
Who does that?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 06:49:55 PM »

Where are the blue avatars?
This is major news.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 07:25:40 PM »

Where are the blue avatars?
This is major news.

Why do you post this in almost every thread. Is it cause you want to shame blue avatars

Because I like to point-out that they are cowards, and wear huge horse-blinders to Earth reality.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 07:37:47 PM »

Hmmmmm.
Very interesting.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 08:58:56 PM »

Drama Queen, feeding the FL trumpist morons what they want to hear.
(Regardless of any of it is actually possible/lawful.)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 02:31:00 PM »

If you want to go criminally after him , just focus on Jan 6th imo and nothing else

We all saw the photos of clear plastic boxes full of documents being packed up from the White House on Jan 19-20, 2021.  Why not try to find out whether or not he was illegally absconding with papers that were subject to the Presidential Records Act?

It'd be nice to hold Trump accountable for literally any of his crimes, but why focus on one specific avenue and ignore all others?

Cause of the precedent you would set . Like I said should Bush have been prosecuted for Guantanamo Bay or Obama for drones

Why on Earth are you trying to compare "Guantanamo Bay and drones," to the taking of classified documents?
It's not even apples and oranges. It's more like apples and toothbrushes.
Your argument is silly.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 03:27:24 PM »

No the reason why we are unable to deal with Trump is cause nobody has found a way to break his popularity with right of center voters in this nation . Do that and he is finished

It probably says a lot about the moral character of right-of-center voters that they still support Trump in spite of/because of everything he's done, no?

Not really , as the people I know who support him are extremely nice and kind people .

Every single remotely "nice and kind" Republican I know turned against Trump after 1/6, if not 2016. The only ones that still support him are scumbags.

I can't tell if your joking (typical Santander trolling) or not.
But it sounds true.
Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 03:56:29 PM »

No the reason why we are unable to deal with Trump is cause nobody has found a way to break his popularity with right of center voters in this nation . Do that and he is finished

It probably says a lot about the moral character of right-of-center voters that they still support Trump in spite of/because of everything he's done, no?

Not really , as the people I know who support him are extremely nice and kind people .

If they were kind, they would see their countrymen afraid of their party and try to lower the temperature through literally any conciliatory gesture. Kind people don’t make decisions to distress others or threaten their right to self governance.

I’m sure they’re very nice, to the right sorts.

Many were lifelong democrats who voted democratic even in 2016 . They became republicans cause they liked the Trump Presidency

It is hilarious and telling of what a partisan you are that you think that’s remotely persuasive. Plenty of former and current Democrats are trash people. Trump supporters today are universally  foul and abusive people, regardless of where they came from.

I simply do not care 98%-99% of the time what someone’s politics are when judging whether they are a good person or not .

Having appreciation for others who "likes the trump presidency" after January 6th is more than just "someone's politics," but tells you much about their overall moral and ethical standards.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 06:50:15 PM »

I do not necessarily believe someone holding an evil belief on a particular issue makes them evil or supporting an evil person necessarily makes them evil .

Why?

Cause what matters more is whether you would act on it or not imo .

Is voting not an example of acting on it?

No cause people can have many reasons to vote for someone .

But you can not (should not) overlook the "evil" policy positions that politician holds.
Because if he wins, and his policy is enacted, it will hurt/destroy certain segments of our population.
You may also get the "many other reasons you voted for" this politician (policy positions you liked), but to just overlook the pain/hurt others experience, is selfish and disgraceful.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2022, 07:43:28 PM »

I want to go back to the main point of the topic, while I actually agree with OSR that purity tests are ridiculous when it comes to politics, that’s not what this thread is about. I am once again going to ask if you are aware of both DOJ procedure and the fact Trump himself has the warrant and is legally able to release it at any time?

You are absolutely correct.
The FBI must conduct themselves properly and professionally. Regardless if the perpetrator is you, me ("little people") or trump, they must maintain and follow procedures and protocol, to protect their ability to convince others to file charges and prosecute the case.
Users here demanding that the DOJ/FBI release exact details of what they did, and why, is not kool. And as indicated, trump has the ability to release some details, so the ball is in his court.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 09:16:25 PM »

LOL.
What is the item between the roll of toilet paper and the Diet Coke?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 01:43:59 AM »

Trump could release the warrant publically.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2022, 12:29:23 PM »

1) No, 15 boxes were already returned by Trump back in January.  We have no confirmation of what/how many documents were taken from Mar-A-Lago during the raid (because the FBI isn't talking!)

Why does the FBI need "to talk"?
Eric trump's numerous security cameras captured exactly what was taken, and how many new boxes were wheeled-out of Mar-a-Lago.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2022, 01:32:09 PM »

I think we are expecting LIVE SPECIAL REPORT NEWS, from Washington DC any minute now.
Turn-on your TV and be prepared.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2022, 01:36:05 PM »

I'm glad Biden (the White House) is staying-out of the DOJ/FBI investigation (as they should).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2022, 01:50:05 PM »

I'm glad Biden (the White House) is staying-out of the DOJ/FBI investigation (as they should).

Yes, that is literally what the bare minimum level of political competence in this situation would require LOL

Too bad your Orange Buffon does not have the professionalism and "political competence" to do exactly what was expected when he was in office.
He would inject his obese ass in everything the DOJ and AG was doing. LOL.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2022, 01:53:19 PM »

Hello!
This may get interesting.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2022, 01:54:08 PM »

Still waiting on Garland, correct? (Just trying to stay up-to-date on my break hehe)

Yes.
I have not seen/heard anything yet. I guess they are running a little late.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2022, 02:04:26 PM »

Still waiting on Garland, correct? (Just trying to stay up-to-date on my break hehe)

Yes.
I have not seen/heard anything yet. I guess they are running a little late.

Yep, CNN confirms though that Garland is definitely talking about the FBI search.

Most channels are now preparing for it.
TURN ON YOUR TV's.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2022, 02:12:46 PM »

Short & to the point.  Basically: Garland calls Trump's bluff by moving to unseal the warrant and receipt for items taken.

I knew he was not going to say much, and it was proper for him not to.
Agree it was good he threw in that trump has warrant info and can divulge it's contents as he sees fit.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2022, 02:17:17 PM »

I was actually hoping he'd say that the Department would seek an indictment now.

It's a little early for that; it's only been one day.
TBC.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2022, 06:19:26 PM »

Kudos to Garland for offering the transparency Americans deserve for such a high-profile case.
If Trump isn't cooperative in unsealing the warrant, it will indeed be a very bad look for him. 

How will you feel if he objects? I'd be shocked if he doesn't object. I am just curious what his explanation will be.

I will feel that he is either being uncooperative for the sake of it or has something to hide.

DT now feels like ...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies