FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:44:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114142 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: August 08, 2022, 06:40:28 PM »

Soon...

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 06:47:35 PM »

He'll never see one second in a cell. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

I've always fantasized about him seeing something similar to the scene in 'The Wolf of Wall Street' when the office gets raided in slow motion by FBI agents, but until I see it happen in real-time it's only going to be part of my (pathetic) dreams.

Maybe, maybe not. Did you ever think that Mar-a-Lago would be raided at all? This is huge.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 07:12:38 PM »

He'll never see one second in a cell. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

Perhaps, but at least his passport could be confiscated in the meantime given he is a flight risk.  So if he has plans on fleeing to Dubai or someplace else that has no extradition treaty with the United States, he might want to consider doing so in the not-too-distant future...  

This reminds me...what do we make of the revelation that Giuliani purchased plane tickets in cash last month to Switzerland? He is currently under subpoena to come testify to the grand jury in Georgia investigating trump's voter fraud in 2020. Is Giuliani a flight risk?

since when can you buy plane tickets with cash in this day and age?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 07:15:49 PM »

Republicans don't seem to be taking it well...
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 07:25:19 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »

... Yes, of course.

Have you paid attention to literally anything I've ever said?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 08:12:39 PM »

Republicans vow retaliation against Garland for following the rule of law.

He doesn't know what they've found. He doesn't know what charges, if any, the FBI will bring.

All he knows is that someone dared to go after the God King, and they'll pay for it.

The Republican Party is pathetic.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 08:16:14 PM »

For the first time, I believe we will see large-scale political violence in this country in my lifetime.

You're only 18 months old?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 08:35:01 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 08:56:41 PM »

lol

lmao
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 10:46:30 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 06:48:41 AM »

Clintons send their regards to the abortion crowd. Trump will see no jail time, and frankly if he sees it, it was worth it. She'll never be president though and his 4 years at office was consequental to every major policy which Supreme Court can impact.

But you have the memes lol

Cope, and might I add, seethe.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2022, 10:59:03 AM »

If this is not related to the January 6th investigation then yes this is bad . Otherwise this opens up other presidents for prosecution given pretty much every president probably could be convicted under abuse of power statues and they would every time the other side takes the White House .

Jan 6th was the exception because of how bad it is , but this does not come to meeting that level. Otherwise abuse of power charges could pretty much lead to the prosecution of Bush , Obama and maybe even Clinton as well

If Trump stashed national security secrets in his home safe and hasn't complied with surrendering them resulting in the FBI bring involved, should be just be allowed to get away with it?

Of course not. And the same goes for Bush, Obama, and maybe even Clinton. Lock them all up if warranted.

He he gave those to others than yes I’d agree then he should be charged otherwise no . I think these crimes are the ones that presidents really should be charged with :

- Treason
- Trying to illegally overturn elections
- Trying to Physically harm political opponents

Other than that let the political arena and the public  deal the consequences out

"I could shoot someone on 5th avenue (as long as they weren't a political opponent) and I wouldn't lose OSR's vote."
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »

They do not care and neither do I. The Optics of the FBI & DOJ look very bad. They need to tell the Country soon what this is about otherwise it will be seen as a "Political Witch Hunt".

The only people who think this is a political witch hunt are brain-dead Trump supporters like you.

Clearly, this is all about keeping Trump & January 6th in the News. Democrats think Trump is a winning Issue for them this November.

I say to all of them: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR see the McAuliffe/Youngkin Race last year where McAuliffe made this all about Trump and it did not prove to be successful.

Democrats shooting themselves in the foot here.

"Democrats" are not doing anything. This was the FBI, which is run by a Republican Trump appointee.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 02:42:18 PM »

No the reason why we are unable to deal with Trump is cause nobody has found a way to break his popularity with right of center voters in this nation . Do that and he is finished

It probably says a lot about the moral character of right-of-center voters that they still support Trump in spite of/because of everything he's done, no?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2022, 05:59:53 PM »

I simply do not care 98%-99% of the time what someone’s politics are when judging whether they are a good person or not.

I fundamentally do not understand how you can think that someone's beliefs are irrelevant to their moral character.

Political beliefs aren't like preferring chocolate ice cream over vanilla ice cream, or liking Star Trek better than Star Wars. They are an inherent aspect of someone's character.

Unless you view ultimately view politics as a hobby or a pastime, and have absolutely zero emotional investment in anything that you're talking about, then you really should view politics as a reflection of one's moral character.

For example: deporting all immigrants, even those who came here legally, is an evil idea. So it would  follow that anyone who supports that idea is an evil person. Banning married same-sex couples from adopting children is an evil idea. So it would follow that anyone who supports that idea is an evil person.

Not trying to overturn elections and respecting the peaceful transition of power are the bare minimum from what we should expect from our elected officials. So if an elected official doesn't meet those expectations, as Donald Trump has, then he is an evil person. So it would follow that anyone who supports him is an evil person.

Like, I know that you're not an absolutist on this. KKK members believe that the white race is superior and that all other races are inferior. This is an evil belief. So it would follow that anyone who holds these beliefs. I would very much hope that you believe that KKK members are all evil, and that this falls under the 1-2% of exceptions that you implied!

So my question to you is, where do you draw the line? When are political beliefs sufficiently evil that you would be willing to call someone who holds those beliefs an evil person?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2022, 06:12:23 PM »

I do not necessarily believe someone holding an evil belief on a particular issue makes them evil or supporting an evil person necessarily makes them evil .

Why?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 06:18:47 PM »

I do not necessarily believe someone holding an evil belief on a particular issue makes them evil or supporting an evil person necessarily makes them evil .

Why?

Cause what matters more is whether you would act on it or not imo .

Is voting not an example of acting on it?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2022, 06:23:51 PM »

Why?

Cause what matters more is whether you would act on it or not imo .

Is voting not an example of acting on it?

No cause people can have many reasons to vote for someone .

Being willing to overlook evil is still endorsing evil.

"I just voted for Trump because of the tax cuts" is not a valid excuse.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2022, 07:06:06 PM »

No it is not :

They switched from Dems to GOP mainly cause they are pretty anti Woke and also were huge  fans of his foreign policy

Elaborate. What do they mean by "anti-woke"?

Also they said the political alignment here is resembling India now with GOP being like the BJP and Dems being like the INC and you can guess what they like more

The BJP is the bad party in India, so this doesn't help your argument.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2022, 10:43:23 AM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2022, 10:51:15 AM »

If Trump was mishandling classified information, then yes, the FBI should go retrieve that information.

If Trump was in possession of classified information, there's no reason that couldn't have been resolved cooperatively (or at most with a subpoena.)  Trump voluntarily surrended 15 boxes of documents to the National Archives back in January. 

So why didn't he turn over these boxes of classified information in the 19 months that have passed since he left office?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2022, 01:35:29 PM »

I really love how the current "defense" being offered by Republicans isn't even that Trump is innocent. They're just straight up admitting that they think the President should be above the law.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2022, 07:17:08 PM »

I really love how the current "defense" being offered by Republicans isn't even that Trump is innocent. They're just straight up admitting that they think the President should be above the law.

If you had your way , many members of the Bush admin would have been arrested and even many members of other admin and our foreign policy would be crippled .

Should John Bolton be arrested for admitting he was part of plans of regime change operations in other nations

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2022, 07:18:33 PM »

Look OSR, I'll ask you straight up, if Donald Trump shot someone in cold blood on Fifth Avenue, do you think that he should be immune from being prosecuted simply because he was the President?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies