FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:27:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120205 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: August 11, 2022, 06:04:43 PM »

Kudos to Garland for offering the transparency Americans deserve for such a high-profile case.

If Trump isn't cooperative in unsealing the warrant, it will indeed be a very bad look for him. 

How will you feel if he objects? I'd be shocked if he doesn't object. I am just curious what his explanation will be.

I'm sure they will find a reason to defend him, but there is literally *no* defense of him objecting to it. He was moaning all week about it and then Garland calls his bluff and then if he says no, then clearly he has something to hide, and the entire 'transparency' thing falls again entirely on him.

I mean rationally he looks terrible either way but even the MAGA crowd I'd imagine will find it hard to defend legitimately

I think the MAGA crowd will die on whatever hill they need to when defending their leader. After all, they are conditioned to think anything said in the media is fake news. Trump could say he is objecting because this is a witchhunt and his base will fall in line.

However, it will ensure he has almost no chance in 2024 with the general electorate even if he is re-nominated.

Agree with *most* of this. Not sure I buy that he would have almost no chance in 2024, however. If the last seven years have taught me anything, it's that the general public has an astonishing ability to overlook what should be completely disqualifying issues with Trump.

Maybe not no chance, but Trump lost by 7 million votes in 2020, and that was before January 6, the Big Lie, and now the FBI raid. Perhaps I have more faith in America than I should, but I cannot fathom him winning an election in 2024 unless we are in some sort of depression which I don't think is going to be the case.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #726 on: August 11, 2022, 06:06:27 PM »

Maggie Hagemann is a fraud, we all know that.

And so is that Benner girl.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #727 on: August 11, 2022, 06:19:26 PM »

Kudos to Garland for offering the transparency Americans deserve for such a high-profile case.
If Trump isn't cooperative in unsealing the warrant, it will indeed be a very bad look for him. 

How will you feel if he objects? I'd be shocked if he doesn't object. I am just curious what his explanation will be.

I will feel that he is either being uncooperative for the sake of it or has something to hide.

DT now feels like ...

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #728 on: August 11, 2022, 06:22:06 PM »

I'm sure they will find a reason to defend him, but there is literally *no* defense of him objecting to it. He was moaning all week about it and then Garland calls his bluff and then if he says no, then clearly he has something to hide, and the entire 'transparency' thing falls again entirely on him.

I mean rationally he looks terrible either way but even the MAGA crowd I'd imagine will find it hard to defend legitimately

I think the MAGA crowd will die on whatever hill they need to when defending their leader. After all, they are conditioned to think anything said in the media is fake news. Trump could say he is objecting because this is a witchhunt and his base will fall in line.

However, it will ensure he has almost no chance in 2024 with the general electorate even if he is re-nominated.

Agree with *most* of this. Not sure I buy that he would have almost no chance in 2024, however. If the last seven years have taught me anything, it's that the general public has an astonishing ability to overlook what should be completely disqualifying issues with Trump.

Maybe not no chance, but Trump lost by 7 million votes in 2020, and that was before January 6, the Big Lie, and now the FBI raid. Perhaps I have more faith in America than I should, but I cannot fathom him winning an election in 2024 unless we are in some sort of depression which I don't think is going to be the case.

Trump lost the tipping point state by 0.63 points which is extremely narrow .
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #729 on: August 11, 2022, 06:25:25 PM »

I have respect for this. Your opinion changed as the facts changed and that is refreshing to see.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #730 on: August 11, 2022, 06:30:58 PM »

I will feel that he is either being uncooperative for the sake of it or has something to hide.

DT now feels like ...

Hey now, at least Del Tachi is willing to be somewhat malleable, something that is refreshing in today's political climate.  . 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #731 on: August 11, 2022, 06:37:41 PM »

DT these past 5 or so pages
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #732 on: August 11, 2022, 06:38:46 PM »

What do you think is in it that would be damning enough for people to bail on him? The 74 million voters he got in 2020 when he lost?
There are at least 74 million terrible adult citizens in the US, yes.

#ARAB #AllRepublicansAreBad #All74Million #SorryNotSorry

Gee I wonder why you guys are unable to appeal to people who don’t vote for you guys .

The other top thread on USGD right now is a deranged right winger trying to take down the Cincinnati FBI with lethal force and here you are complaining that a Santander post is excessively alienating. OK 👍

Yes that guy is horrible and should be locked up but to say 74 million people are horrible is extremely condescending and hackish .

I think it's extreme to say the 74 million Trump voters are all horrible people, but anyone who supports Trump after all that has happened since the 2020 election simply does not care about this country nor do they care about the rule of law.

No they just think both sides don’t care about it and believe me I know many Trump supporters and that is what they believe .

They might believe certain things or not, it's their right to do so. People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

That is different then calling them horrible people cause I can 100% attest to the fact they are not .

Not all of them are horrible people. Many are simply delusional and/or have been overwhelmed by propaganda.

Still good grounds for viewing their voting decisions as dangerous!

This. The most technically accurate description are the sadly overwhelming portion of 74 million Trump voters who still don't oppose him after January 6th . And they aren't bad people per se, but most certainly are bad Americans and absolutely enabling literal treason.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #733 on: August 11, 2022, 06:41:29 PM »

Dumb this down for us morons, Crumpets Tongue

Bratt is the top prosecutor in charge of cases related to foreign relations, national security, spying, and military tech. Could just be DoJ crossing their Ts and dotting their Is by getting all the top folks to sign off or it could give us some idea of the direction the DoJ suspects this case could be heading. Impossible to say which until we get more info.
I suspect it being merely a choice of some guy at the top much much less likely than the cases subject matter being under bratt's jurisdiction at DoJ
Junior Chimp

« Reply #734 on: August 11, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »

Democrats lose here no matter what they do. Indict? Payback at the Ballot Box in November and beyond.

Not indict him and they lose their base.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #735 on: August 11, 2022, 06:53:04 PM »

Democrats lose here no matter what they do. Indict? Payback at the Ballot Box in November and beyond.

It's the DOJ doing this, not Democrats. People forget but before Trump, it wasn't a politicized org, and Garland is taking us back to the old standard.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #736 on: August 11, 2022, 06:53:10 PM »

What do you think is in it that would be damning enough for people to bail on him? The 74 million voters he got in 2020 when he lost?
There are at least 74 million terrible adult citizens in the US, yes.

#ARAB #AllRepublicansAreBad #All74Million #SorryNotSorry

Gee I wonder why you guys are unable to appeal to people who don’t vote for you guys .

What the hell "compromise " are we supposed to make with voters unapologetically opposing applying the rule of law to their partisan leaders? Such persons are not only 99% unlikely to ever vote for a Democrat anyway, but also largely anti-democracy assholes not warranting being catered to.

Then why did many of them vote democratic Pre 2016 or heck even Pre 2020

Simple. A tangible number of Obama voters just could not bring themselves to support or trust Hillary Clinton after literally a quarter century of a vast amount of mud slinging from right wing media on talk radio, fox, facebook, etc. But please notice that the actual popular vote differential between Obama and McCain was only slightly greater than Biden versus Trump, and the former election of course was held in the middle of the biggest economic downturn since the Great Depression. Biden be Trump by a slightly larger margin than Obama beat romney. So in short, you had people shifting Democratic due to incredibly rough economic Times in 2008, shifting back towards the norm in 2012, a tangible number of Democrats shifting to voting third party out of Hillary phobia and allowing Trump to pull an inside straight at the Electoral college, and then reverting back to the mean again in 2020 when enough voters saw what happened the previous four years and said f*** this s***.

The Common Thread throughout all this? Just over 45% of Americans willing to support someone who by any objective measure, so much so that even you as as hardcore Republican as it comes couldn't support him, a completely unfit scumbag for the office of president.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #737 on: August 11, 2022, 06:54:00 PM »

This, though more likely the latter.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #738 on: August 11, 2022, 06:55:04 PM »

This is definitely a brilliant move from Garland. People we're asking why Trump doesn't just release the warrant. Now Trump is the only one who can prevent the warrant from being released.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #739 on: August 11, 2022, 06:58:37 PM »

Yeah, while the mega crowd have been screeching ridiculously and baselessly about this search warrant being all politics and persecution blah blah blah blah blah, I will indulge myself at least momentarily in political analysis by saying that is the one dark lining to a Silver Cloud here. Before this Trump was still a favorite despite the sentences growing strength to win the nomination, and at minimum would have bled to santis horribly in a protracted primary fight and, Trump being trump, been unlikely to gracefully concede defeat let alone get behind desantis, thereby weakening Republicans in the general election. This obviously strengthens DeSantis immeasurably. It's a little early to call him the front runner till we see how this shakes out, but the ugly truth is this actually hurts Democrats Imo
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #740 on: August 11, 2022, 06:59:43 PM »

Aren't these the same people who were whining that the DoJ wasn't being open about what the search was about? And now, if I'm understanding this, they're suing to stop them from doing so?

Donald Trump has nothing... really NOTHING
... to hide.

(https://tvtropes.org/Main/SuspiciouslySpecificDenial)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #741 on: August 11, 2022, 07:02:36 PM »

I am not worried anymore about the insurrection because it was an attack against Politicians but it still needs to be investigated, but as far as I am concerned the D's are gonna be fine even if Trump isn't indicted or convicted he won't be Prez his Approval are the same as Biden he isn't hitting 50% and D's are OVERPERFORMING in red states in 22 than 2020, similar to 2018/ because Trump isn't in the ballot and the outparty winning a landslide in the Midterms aren't happening anymore, the worse case scenario is Divided Govt not an RCongress
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #742 on: August 11, 2022, 07:07:36 PM »

!!!

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #743 on: August 11, 2022, 07:08:39 PM »

!!!

IM SORRY WAT
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #744 on: August 11, 2022, 07:09:37 PM »

Republicans lose here no matter what they do. Defend Trump? Payback at the Ballot Box in November and beyond.Don’t support him and they lose their base.”

See, both sides can be hyperbolic about the potential electoral ramifications of this.

In truth, it’s impossible to even guess what the outcome will be before we get the details of the case. And besides - “we want the DOJ to be independent, and carry out its work according to the law” feels like a perfectly bland, inoffensive way for Democratic politicians to address this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #745 on: August 11, 2022, 07:10:30 PM »

!!!

If this is true and they found those docs then I’d absolutely support charging him
Junior Chimp

« Reply #746 on: August 11, 2022, 07:11:28 PM »

BREAKING

Trump Team not worried to unseal search warrant per FOX.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #747 on: August 11, 2022, 07:11:40 PM »

Lol
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States