FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 12:32:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 122084 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: August 11, 2022, 07:37:19 PM »

What I don't understand is what exactly did Trump expect to do with these documents.
This is why I don't buy this. Why would Trump want to help our advisaries? Doesn't make sense.
Remember, Trump still thinks he legitimately won the 2020 election and surrounds himself with sycophants who whisper things in his ear about how any day now SCOTUS will overturn the election and he'll be reinstated as President. It doesn't even have to come down to what he was planning to do with these docs as a private citizen, but whether he just wanted to ease the transition back to being President when the time comes or even to keep them from illegitimate usurper Biden.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #776 on: August 11, 2022, 07:37:51 PM »

Why would Trump purposefully steal Nuclear Documents? This is just a gambit by the WaPo/FBI/DoJ!!!
You would watch it in front of your eyes and justify it…saying “wait no Trump wouldn’t [bleep] a [bleep], my eyes are lying to me, wait it’s deepfakes from the media! But even if it was him it’s not the worst thing in the World I mean it’s not like he [bleep] two [bleep]
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #777 on: August 11, 2022, 07:39:35 PM »

!!!

If this is true and they found those docs then I’d absolutely support charging him
It's the Washington Post, be careful!

Sure why I said if this is true , not at the current moment . This is why though the search warrant needs to be unsealed
I think it will be unsealed and then it will reveal they found nothing.

gurl you need to open your eyes because you are being delusional at this point
No, you have to open your eyes. If Trump has no problem of unsealing the search warrant & the items they took the ball is back at Garland.

Why I waited till the 50th post you've repeated this rather than the first 49 in this thread before putting you on ignore is beyond me. Bye Felicia.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #778 on: August 11, 2022, 07:39:43 PM »

Stealing nuclear docs could be considered treason, right?

Depends what he did with them and what the documents are. But the Rosenbergs were of course executed for sharing "nuclear docs" with the Soviets.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #779 on: August 11, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »

What I don't understand is what exactly did Trump expect to do with these documents.

Either he was going to sell them, or he was just going to show them to visitors like "look how cool and powerful I am I even have these nuclear documents!!"

Both are bad, with the former being an order of magnitude worse.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #780 on: August 11, 2022, 07:41:51 PM »

Anyways as usual let’s wait and see. While I have no doubts Trump would do something like what others have speculated, we need more information before making conclusions. Either way stealing classified documents is itself a serious issue, but we don’t know exactly whether this is “bad” or “oh s**t” yet.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #781 on: August 11, 2022, 07:43:58 PM »

Kudos to Garland for offering the transparency Americans deserve for such a high-profile case.

If Trump isn't cooperative in unsealing the warrant, it will indeed be a very bad look for him. 

How will you feel if he objects? I'd be shocked if he doesn't object. I am just curious what his explanation will be.

I will feel that he is either being uncooperative for the sake of it or has something to hide.

God damn it dt. Here I was looking forward to posting something crowing about how Garland's announcement was totally going to shut you up and hear you respond being all.. reasonable and s***. How the hell am I supposed to gloat if you start acting all level-headed and even handed?? Stay in your lane, boy! Wink

DT and I have shown we can have our minds change , just not by certain posters though. You probably know who one of those posters is lol

To be honest, at the risk of ruining this love fast, this is literally perhaps the first time I ever remember DT changing his mind on anything anywhere. And to be frank, you are a close second in that regard.

Still, I'll give you both kudos for acknowledging that the FBI at least tentatively appears to have had some really really good reasons to conduct this search and Trump may have really violated the law. Even opening that is a possibility and not writing this off to politics or persecution sadly putz the two of you head and shoulders above most Republicans.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #782 on: August 11, 2022, 07:45:07 PM »

If yall don't have the troll muted yet that's on you
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #783 on: August 11, 2022, 07:46:13 PM »

For perhaps the first time on this website, Nuclear Elmo is truly appropriate.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #784 on: August 11, 2022, 07:49:05 PM »

Depends what he did with them and what the documents are. But the Rosenbergs were of course executed for sharing "nuclear docs" with the Soviets.

The definition of treason is neccessarily narrow.

I would advise everyone to calm down slightly. I'm always a bit leery of stories like this because they're too unbelievable to be true. That said, this sort of thing would absolutely be in keeping with Trump's past.

Why would he do it? Simple: he believes he can't be touched. Like many autocrats, he believes he is above the law; he pushes the envelope as far as he can. It's now hitting him that he's not Pinochet and that rule of law still applies, and he hates it. He despises the fact that the law applies to him. A quote from my favourite videogame of all time applies well here: "Once a man has grasped the scepter, it is hard to let go of it."

Again, this hasn't been confirmed by official sources, so I would advise everyone to calm down slightly.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #785 on: August 11, 2022, 07:49:24 PM »

Donald Trump is an enemy of the United States. He should be in prison.
EJ24
United States

« Reply #786 on: August 11, 2022, 07:51:44 PM »

Conservatives are going to go 100% in on the “FBI planted evidence” conspiracy theories now. It’s the only option left for them.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #787 on: August 11, 2022, 07:52:43 PM »

If Trump took nuclear weapons documents he needs to spend the rest of his life in federal supermax prison, The Rosenbergs found out too.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #788 on: August 11, 2022, 07:53:00 PM »

The definition of treason is neccessarily narrow.

I would advise everyone to calm down slightly. I'm always a bit leery of stories like this because they're too unbelievable to be true. That said, this sort of thing would absolutely be in keeping with Trump's past.

Why would he do it? Simple: he believes he can't be touched. Like many autocrats, he believes he is above the law; he pushes the envelope as far as he can. It's now hitting him that he's not Pinochet and that rule of law still applies, and he hates it. He despises the fact that the law applies to him. A quote from my favourite videogame of all time applies well here: "Once a man has grasped the scepter, it is hard to let go of it."

Again, this hasn't been confirmed by official sources, so I would advise everyone to calm down slightly.

I agree that even this may not meet the Constitutional definition of treason.  However, *if* he caused/allowed such information to pass to any foreign power (and that is entirely speculative at this point), I think espionage would be a slam dunk.

For some reason, Kushner's $2 billion deal from the Saudis just crossed my mind.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #789 on: August 11, 2022, 07:54:48 PM »

You gotta be sh**tting me, they're called Q documents...

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #790 on: August 11, 2022, 07:56:42 PM »

The original Q called himself that because he claimed to have one of these clearances.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #791 on: August 11, 2022, 08:07:15 PM »

Conservatives are going to go 100% in on the “FBI planted evidence” conspiracy theories now. It’s the only option left for them.

Either way, you will have 60-80 million Americans on his side.

You can't hang someone for treason that 1/4 of the American population worships like a God. It's playing with fire, especially considering we're likely to be out of control of the House in a few short months.

In short, you believe that popular people are above the law.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #792 on: August 11, 2022, 08:08:55 PM »

This is why I don't buy this. Why would Trump want to help our advisaries? Doesn't make sense.

They are worth an incredible amount of money to any country who wants to develop nuclear weapons or counter ours. Which includes Saudi Arabia.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #793 on: August 11, 2022, 08:09:45 PM »

Either way, you will have 20-30 million Germans on his side.

You can't hang someone for genocide that 1/4 of the German population worships like a God. It's playing with fire, especially considering we're likely to be out of control of the Reichstag in a few short months.

Also: “We.”

LOL you are such a blatantly obvious concern troll, Citizen “Q.” You’re not even trying, it’s pathetic.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #794 on: August 11, 2022, 08:11:35 PM »

Either way, you will have 20-30 million Germans on his side.

You can't hang someone for genocide that 1/4 of the German population worships like a God. It's playing with fire, especially considering we're likely to be out of control of the Reichstag in a few short months.

Also: “We.”

LOL you are such a blatantly obvious concern troll, Citizen “Q.” You’re not even trying, it’s pathetic.

Not to give him to much credit, but there are legitimate concerns about how far some of these people are willing to go. I mean, one of them just shot up an FBI building.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #795 on: August 11, 2022, 08:13:09 PM »

!!!

Fox literally earlier today said that they better have found the nuclear football at Mar a Lago. Whoops!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #796 on: August 11, 2022, 08:14:16 PM »

Fox is showing a video of a fire in Portland during the 2020 protests right now, if anyone was wondering.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #797 on: August 11, 2022, 08:18:13 PM »

Fox is showing a video of a fire in Portland during the 2020 protests right now, if anyone was wondering.

Has anyone checked on Rupert yet? Between this, ScoMo losing and Boris resigning, he's gotta be having a bad time.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #798 on: August 11, 2022, 08:21:09 PM »

Has anyone checked on Rupert yet? Between this, ScoMo losing and Boris resigning, he's gotta be having a bad time.

By all accounts, Murdoch is done with Trump and would much rather DeSantis be the nominee.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #799 on: August 11, 2022, 08:22:07 PM »

Just thinking out loud about why he would want nuke info.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies