FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:54:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114161 times)
Junior Chimp

« on: August 09, 2022, 11:23:29 AM »

Clearly, this is all about keeping Trump & January 6th in the News. Democrats think Trump is a winning Issue for them this November.

I say to all of them: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR see the McAuliffe/Youngkin Race last year where McAuliffe made this all about Trump and it did not prove to be successful.

Democrats shooting themselves in the foot here.

If Trump is convicted Ron DeSantis instantly becomes Trumps Successor of the MAGA Movement and DeSantis is harder to beat for Democrats than Trump is.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 11:33:09 AM »

Even Andrew Cuomo tweeted this and the Cuomo’s are pretty anti Trump :

Behind a Paywall mate but the National Review says it's not about Classified Information, it's about the Jan 6th thing
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/the-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid-its-about-the-capitol-riot-not-the-mishandling-of-classified-information/?itm_campaign=headline-testing-the-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid-its-about-the-capitol-riot-not-the-mishandling-of-classified-information&itm_medium=headline&itm_source=nationalreview&itm_content=What%20the%20FBI’s%20‘Raid’%20on%20Mar-a-Lago%20Is%20Really%20About&itm_term=What%20the%20FBI’s%20‘Raid’%20on%20Mar-a-Lago%20Is%20Really%20About
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 11:44:35 AM »

OSR,
Full Article (Non Paywall)
https://archive.ph/5Do9g

Merrick Garland is going prosecute & indict Trump! He doesn't have a lot of time because if the House changes hands he will be subpoenad and will have to answer a lot of Questions.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 12:03:10 PM »

It's so crazy that none of these Republicans have stopped for one second to think... maybe, just maybe, Trump is actually guilty of wrongdoing and there's a reason he's seeing consequences for those actions.

It's almost like a make-believe world where there's just *no way* that Trump could be guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever. Like it's not even possible in their mind.
They do not care and neither do I. The Optics of the FBI & DOJ look very bad. They need to tell the Country soon what this is about otherwise it will be seen as a "Political Witch Hunt".
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 12:16:36 PM »

It's so crazy that none of these Republicans have stopped for one second to think... maybe, just maybe, Trump is actually guilty of wrongdoing and there's a reason he's seeing consequences for those actions.

It's almost like a make-believe world where there's just *no way* that Trump could be guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever. Like it's not even possible in their mind.
They do not care and neither do I. The Optics of the FBI & DOJ look very bad. They need to tell the Country soon what this is about otherwise it will be seen as a "Political Witch Hunt".

What you and other Trump supporters think is irrelevant because you are obsessed with the man and think his is incapable of wrong. A Trump appointee signed off on the warrant so that says everything.
Has nothing to do with being obsessed. This has everything to do with Democrats trying to win future Elections. Democrats/Biden know as long as Trump can go around the Country exite the GOP Base they could lose Elections but if they lock him up they win.

I can guarantee you if Garland doesn't manage to indict Trump before the House changes hands in January his case will go up in smoke.

McCarthy, Stefanik have already indictated with strong Statements that they would protect Trump/stall the case and McCarthy already threatened to subpoena Garland and get his Records.

Garland will be impeached and so will Biden if Republicans take back the House.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 02:00:21 PM »

Oh my lord, this meme is beyond awesome! Especially "Jack", what Biden actually said during the 2020 campaign.

This news actually made my day, the first headline I read and is still one of the top stories even in Europe right now. Definitely caught me by surprise.

Quite telling how his cult and the entire Republican Party is triggered and how they're now attacking law enforcement which they pretend to support. Just stupid hypocrites. They launched a years-long smear campaign against Hillary Clinton for her handling of classified information that turned out meritless. But perfectly fine when Trump essentially steals classified info before leaving office. So will he have the stamina to testify for 11 hours before the House?

I know we had a similar debate to this a couple years back but if Trump didn’t give that info to anyone else is going after him worth risking further unrest and also opening up the precedent for future presidents to be investigated. These are questions I believe are important to take into account

Obama didn’t go after anyone in the Bush admin cause he didn’t want to open up that precedent . This is more than just Trump imo .

If you want to go criminally after him , just focus on Jan 6th imo and nothing else

No, the Justice Department and FBI should follow anything where is evidence of criminal behavior. Apparently this is the case here, why a judge approved the search warrant. Nobody should be above the law, not even former presidents.

Just because the Obama Administration should have prosecuted some bankers doesn't mean Trump should be left alone now. This was totally approriate, and blaming Biden is bizarre because it's unlikely he has even informed in advance. Unlike Trump, he doesn't interfere in the department's day-today-business because he believes independent law enforcement and the rule of law.

I don’t blame Biden here , I’m just asking whether consequences were considered when taking this action. I do not think prosecuting this crime is worth potential unrest as the sentence isn’t even that long for this to stop him from becoming president again . This actually could potentially even help Trump’s 2024 bid if it makes him look like a Martyr .

The best and really only way to hold Trump accountable is to find a way to politically destroy his popularity as otherwise making him look like a Martyr helps him not hurts him .
OSR, do you actually really think deep inside your heart that Trumps Popularity can be destroyed?

I don't think it can. Trumps Popularity particularly among Republican Base Voters is so high it's like the Coronavirus. It will never go away. Maybe it would go away if he dies but not before.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 02:13:51 PM »

Oh my lord, this meme is beyond awesome! Especially "Jack", what Biden actually said during the 2020 campaign.

This news actually made my day, the first headline I read and is still one of the top stories even in Europe right now. Definitely caught me by surprise.

Quite telling how his cult and the entire Republican Party is triggered and how they're now attacking law enforcement which they pretend to support. Just stupid hypocrites. They launched a years-long smear campaign against Hillary Clinton for her handling of classified information that turned out meritless. But perfectly fine when Trump essentially steals classified info before leaving office. So will he have the stamina to testify for 11 hours before the House?

I know we had a similar debate to this a couple years back but if Trump didn’t give that info to anyone else is going after him worth risking further unrest and also opening up the precedent for future presidents to be investigated. These are questions I believe are important to take into account

Obama didn’t go after anyone in the Bush admin cause he didn’t want to open up that precedent . This is more than just Trump imo .

If you want to go criminally after him , just focus on Jan 6th imo and nothing else

No, the Justice Department and FBI should follow anything where is evidence of criminal behavior. Apparently this is the case here, why a judge approved the search warrant. Nobody should be above the law, not even former presidents.

Just because the Obama Administration should have prosecuted some bankers doesn't mean Trump should be left alone now. This was totally approriate, and blaming Biden is bizarre because it's unlikely he has even informed in advance. Unlike Trump, he doesn't interfere in the department's day-today-business because he believes independent law enforcement and the rule of law.

I don’t blame Biden here , I’m just asking whether consequences were considered when taking this action. I do not think prosecuting this crime is worth potential unrest as the sentence isn’t even that long for this to stop him from becoming president again . This actually could potentially even help Trump’s 2024 bid if it makes him look like a Martyr .

The best and really only way to hold Trump accountable is to find a way to politically destroy his popularity as otherwise making him look like a Martyr helps him not hurts him .
OSR, do you actually really think deep inside your heart that Trumps Popularity can be destroyed?

I don't think it can. Trumps Popularity particularly among Republican Base Voters is so high it's like the Coronavirus. It will never go away. Maybe it would go away if he dies but not before.
At least you admit Trump can do anything and it wouldn’t change your opinion of him.
What's the Point? In my uttomost Opinion indicting or convicting Trump would do absolutely nothing to diminish his Popularity.

You would need to convict his entire Family to have the neccessary side effect. If Trump is convicted that doesn't automatically mean that Trumpism or Trump Culture dies. He gained too much influence.

His Son Donald Trump Jr., his Daughter Ivanka Trump, they are both National Material.

I am absolutely certain Ivanka is going to run for Political Office, maybe for Florida Governor in 2026.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 02:16:49 PM »

We all saw the photos of clear plastic boxes full of documents being packed up from the White House on Jan 19-20, 2021.  Why not try to find out whether or not he was illegally absconding with papers that were subject to the Presidential Records Act?

It'd be nice to hold Trump accountable for literally any of his crimes, but why focus on one specific avenue and ignore all others?

Cause of the precedent you would set . Like I said should Bush have been prosecuted for Guantanamo Bay or Obama for drones

Why not?  If crimes have been committed, they should be impartially investigated and prosecuted if necessary.  Anything else is a deeply troubling excuse for abuse of power.

Maybe this can actually set a precedent that as president you can't just do illegal stuff and let off the hook. Prosecuters should follow facts and the evidence. If a future Democratic president does something unlawful, he or she should be equally investigated.

Do you feel Bill Clinton was guilty of obstruction of Justice during the Lewinsky scandal and should’ve been removed from office? I’m not talking about the lying under oath charge in that case - I am specifically asking about the obstruction charge.

If he was guilty then, should he be prosecuted now?

You’re setting the precedent after all that Presidents can be charged with crimes after they leave office, for things done in office. If we set that precedent, it must be applied retroactively to Clinton and Bush Jr (IE Bush’s lies for the Iraq War).

Well, part of the rationale for the DOJ's opinion that sitting Presidents should not be charged while in office is that they could then be charged after leaving office, even for crimes committed in office.  If you can't charge them while in office or after they're out of office, it means they have carte blance to commit any crimes they want during their terms without fear of consequence.  Is that really what you want?  It would be a complete affront to the rule of law; NOBODY is above the law.  In the case of a sitting President, justice may be delayed to avoid disrupting the functioning of government, but it cannot be denied entirely.

If the DOJ thinks they can make a case against Clinton for obstruction, or Bush for the Iraq War, then by all means they should bring it.  It's worth noting that the DOJ had a draft indictment of Nixon for conspiracy to defraud the United States (the same crime the other Watergate conspirators were convicted of) ready to go after his resignation, but it was mooted by Ford's pardon.

And Ford was right to pardon Nixon

I like Gerald Ford, but no, pardoning Nixon was a terrible idea. The lack of accountability that occurred with Nixon is part of why we're dealing with all of Trump's s***.

No the reason why we are unable to deal with Trump is cause nobody has found a way to break his popularity with right of center voters in this nation . Do that and he is finished
You are disillusional and so are other "NeverTrumpers" to even think about of that Trumps Popularity can be broken.

IT CAN'T AND IT WON'T!

People have to deal with it!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 02:41:56 PM »

We all saw the photos of clear plastic boxes full of documents being packed up from the White House on Jan 19-20, 2021.  Why not try to find out whether or not he was illegally absconding with papers that were subject to the Presidential Records Act?

It'd be nice to hold Trump accountable for literally any of his crimes, but why focus on one specific avenue and ignore all others?

Cause of the precedent you would set . Like I said should Bush have been prosecuted for Guantanamo Bay or Obama for drones

Why not?  If crimes have been committed, they should be impartially investigated and prosecuted if necessary.  Anything else is a deeply troubling excuse for abuse of power.

Maybe this can actually set a precedent that as president you can't just do illegal stuff and let off the hook. Prosecuters should follow facts and the evidence. If a future Democratic president does something unlawful, he or she should be equally investigated.

Do you feel Bill Clinton was guilty of obstruction of Justice during the Lewinsky scandal and should’ve been removed from office? I’m not talking about the lying under oath charge in that case - I am specifically asking about the obstruction charge.

If he was guilty then, should he be prosecuted now?

You’re setting the precedent after all that Presidents can be charged with crimes after they leave office, for things done in office. If we set that precedent, it must be applied retroactively to Clinton and Bush Jr (IE Bush’s lies for the Iraq War).

Well, part of the rationale for the DOJ's opinion that sitting Presidents should not be charged while in office is that they could then be charged after leaving office, even for crimes committed in office.  If you can't charge them while in office or after they're out of office, it means they have carte blance to commit any crimes they want during their terms without fear of consequence.  Is that really what you want?  It would be a complete affront to the rule of law; NOBODY is above the law.  In the case of a sitting President, justice may be delayed to avoid disrupting the functioning of government, but it cannot be denied entirely.

If the DOJ thinks they can make a case against Clinton for obstruction, or Bush for the Iraq War, then by all means they should bring it.  It's worth noting that the DOJ had a draft indictment of Nixon for conspiracy to defraud the United States (the same crime the other Watergate conspirators were convicted of) ready to go after his resignation, but it was mooted by Ford's pardon.

And Ford was right to pardon Nixon

I like Gerald Ford, but no, pardoning Nixon was a terrible idea. The lack of accountability that occurred with Nixon is part of why we're dealing with all of Trump's s***.

No the reason why we are unable to deal with Trump is cause nobody has found a way to break his popularity with right of center voters in this nation . Do that and he is finished
You are disillusional and so are other "NeverTrumpers" to even think about of that Trumps Popularity can be broken.

IT CAN'T AND IT WON'T!

People have to deal with it!

Don’t you think DeSantis can beat Trump in a primary too , as that’s what I am talking about
As much as I like Ron DeSantis (and I like him a lot, a lot Smiley ) I just don't think Trump can be beaten for the Republican Nomination if he runs.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 02:53:06 PM »

It probably says a lot about the moral character of right-of-center voters that they still support Trump in spite of/because of everything he's done, no?
Well, when it comes to Popularity it's not as easy to diminish it as ya'll think it is.

Take Serbian Tennis Superstar NOVAK DJOKOVIC. The Australian Govtm tried to diminish his Popularity by deporting him from the Country in an unprecendented move because the then Immigration Minister Alex Hawke thought he would stir up the Anti-Vax Movement. ONE MAN. Laughable from my Point of View.

Djokovic is now more popular than ever before.

He stood his Ground. Everyone assumed he would take the Vaccine by now. Guess what: He didn't. He is even sacrificing not taking part in Tournaments in order so that doesn't have to take the vaccine.

Trumps Voters have a similar mindset. They would go over broken glass to support him if they have to no matter what he does.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 04:58:42 PM »

I don't believe this for a second.

Nothing damaging will come out.

The search warrant will prove nothing.

Far more important is the AFFADAVIT!!!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 05:35:57 PM »

Maggie Hagemann is a fraud, we all know that.

And so is that Benner girl.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »

Democrats lose here no matter what they do. Indict? Payback at the Ballot Box in November and beyond.

Not indict him and they lose their base.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2022, 07:11:28 PM »

BREAKING

Trump Team not worried to unseal search warrant per FOX.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2022, 07:13:48 PM »

!!!

If this is true and they found those docs then I’d absolutely support charging him
It's the Washington Post, be careful!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2022, 07:19:18 PM »

!!!

If this is true and they found those docs then I’d absolutely support charging him

Sure why I said if this is true , not at the current moment . This is why though the search warrant needs to be unsealed
I think it will be unsealed and then it will reveal they found nothing.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2022, 07:28:45 PM »

!!!

Sure why I said if this is true , not at the current moment . This is why though the search warrant needs to be unsealed
I think it will be unsealed and then it will reveal they found nothing.

gurl you need to open your eyes because you are being delusional at this point
No, you have to open your eyes. If Trump has no problem of unsealing the search warrant & the items they took the ball is back at Garland.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2022, 07:34:15 PM »

What I don't understand is what exactly did Trump expect to do with these documents.
This is why I don't buy this. Why would Trump want to help our advisaries? Doesn't make sense.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2022, 07:36:19 PM »

Why would Trump purposefully steal Nuclear Documents? This is just a gambit by the WaPo/FBI/DoJ!!!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2022, 09:58:43 PM »

Garland moving to unseal the search warrant is bonaheaded stupid. I guess he wants the whole world to see US Nuclear Documents? That can't be real.

Trump can only be convicted & indicted if these Docs were there and the Feds have it now. I've seen no evidence of that.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2022, 10:05:15 PM »

So on face value if this was true, the FBI just allowed nuclear documents to sit in the Mar a Lago for 18 months..

Or no one noticed they were gone.

Do you support unsealing the warrant as that’s the only way we will know
I support it.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2022, 10:08:57 PM »

This all is a Political Witch Hunt to prevent Trump from running again.

But I am not surprised since Trump ordered Zelenskyy to go after Biden in 2019.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2022, 06:06:15 AM »

Trump supporting the release of the search warrant AND even the release of these Documents tells me two things:

# 1 He & his lawyers are confident that whatever the FBI/DoJ found will not be harmful to him.

# 2 He thinks Garland overplayed his hand.

If the ladder proves to be correct Garland/Biden/Congressional Democrats will be in full damage control mode and this whole stunt by Garland will do more harm then good.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2022, 09:39:25 AM »

FORMER PRESIDENT TRUMP HAD A GENERAL DECLASSIFICATION ORDER, particularly related to the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane Investigation....

Now we know why they went in. Instead of asking for it when they were there in June they raided the thing two months later.

MEMORANDUM FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE
THE DIRECTOR OF THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

SUBJECT:    Declassification of Certain Materials Related to the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct the following:

Section 1.  Declassification and Release.    At my request, on December 30, 2020, the Department of Justice provided the White House with a binder of materials related to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation.  Portions of the documents in the binder have remained classified and have not been released to the Congress or the public.  I requested the documents so that a declassification review could be performed and so I could determine to what extent materials in the binder should be released in unclassified form.

I determined that the materials in that binder should be declassified to the maximum extent possible.  In response, and as part of the iterative process of the declassification review, under a cover letter dated January 17, 2021, the Federal Bureau of Investigation noted its continuing objection to any further declassification of the materials in the binder and also, on the basis of a review that included Intelligence Community equities, identified the passages that it believed it was most crucial to keep from public disclosure.  I have determined to accept the redactions proposed for continued classification by the FBI in that January 17 submission.

I hereby declassify the remaining materials in the binder.  This is my final determination under the declassification review and I have directed the Attorney General to implement the redactions proposed in the FBI’s January 17 submission and return to the White House an appropriately redacted copy.

My decision to declassify materials within the binder is subject to the limits identified above and does not extend to materials that must be protected from disclosure pursuant to orders of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court and does not require the disclosure of certain personally identifiable information or any other materials that must be protected from disclosure under applicable law.  Accordingly, at my direction, the Attorney General has conducted an appropriate review to ensure that materials provided in the binder may be disclosed by the White House in accordance with applicable law.

Sec. 2.  General Provisions.   (a)  Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i)   the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii)  the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b)  This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c)  This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

(d)  The Attorney General is authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

The Memorandum was issued January 19th 2021.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2022, 04:59:37 PM »

What happened to Scott Perry should scare everyone IMO!

Imagine you are travelling with your family and a bunch of FBI Agents show up and take your personal cell phone just because you are opposing the current Political Party in Power?

That's not the reason is was confiscated.
But nice fairy tale. What child's story book did you find that one in?
That is exactly why it was confiscated! He opposes the current Political Party and is a Trump Supporter.

Why wasn't Elise Stefaniks Cell Phone confiscated for example? Tell us.

To think that Perry would have something to do with a National Archives Investigation is totally obscure.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies