FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:59:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120180 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: August 11, 2022, 09:43:04 PM »

So on face value if this was true, the FBI just allowed nuclear documents to sit in the Mar a Lago for 18 months..

Or no one noticed they were gone.

Do you ever get tired of working as a Trump spin doctor for free? Garland literally just said today that they had exhausted every other option to get the documents back before finally seeking a warrant.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #826 on: August 11, 2022, 09:44:56 PM »

So on face value if this was true, the FBI just allowed nuclear documents to sit in the Mar a Lago for 18 months..

Do you ever get tired of working as a Trump spin doctor for free? Garland literally just said today that they had exhausted every other option to get the documents back before finally seeking a warrant.
Ah, so you just let nuclear secrets just remain in a basement of a property.. periodically requesting for someone to return them for over a year.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #827 on: August 11, 2022, 09:47:29 PM »

Ah, so you just let nuclear secrets just remain in a basement of a property.. periodically requesting for someone to return them.

Remember that according to some reports, it was only recently that an informant tipped off the FBI/DOJ that there were more documents still at MAL.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #828 on: August 11, 2022, 09:48:19 PM »

Ah, so you just let nuclear secrets just remain in a basement of a property.. periodically requesting for someone to return them.

Maybe the FBI agents didn't know that these specific documents were part of what they were looking for, but only stumbled upon them when doing the overall search. But upon seeing them, they had the right to confiscate them from the Orange Buffoon.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #829 on: August 11, 2022, 09:51:59 PM »

Ah, so you just let nuclear secrets just remain in a basement of a property.. periodically requesting for someone to return them for over a year.

"Why are you mad at me for robbing that bank? Get mad at the police for letting me do it for a few minutes before they got there!"
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #830 on: August 11, 2022, 09:53:58 PM »

Maybe the FBI agents didn't know that these specific documents were part of what they were looking for, but only stumbled upon them when doing the overall search. But upon seeing them, they had the right to confiscate them from the Orange Buffoon.
The report suggested that they were specifically there to look for nuclear documents, amongst others things.. so if true, it's not a matter of "stumbling upon".

They would be aware of what was present at the Mara a Lago.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #831 on: August 11, 2022, 09:58:43 PM »

Garland moving to unseal the search warrant is bonaheaded stupid. I guess he wants the whole world to see US Nuclear Documents? That can't be real.

Trump can only be convicted & indicted if these Docs were there and the Feds have it now. I've seen no evidence of that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #832 on: August 11, 2022, 09:59:01 PM »

Remember that according to some reports, it was only recently that an informant tipped off the FBI/DOJ that there were more documents still at MAL.

Bumping this post for ancestral Democrats edification.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #833 on: August 11, 2022, 10:00:18 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2022, 09:11:07 AM by The Dowager Mod »

Garland moving to unseal the search warrant is bonaheaded stupid. I guess he wants the whole world to see US Nuclear Documents? That can't be real.

Trump can only be convicted & indicted if these Docs were there and the Feds have it now. I've seen no evidence of that.

Are you The warrant wouldn’t have the nuclear info in the warrant itself
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #834 on: August 11, 2022, 10:02:12 PM »

Duh. Nobody has seen the evidence yet except those who collected it today. What a dumb talking point.

Also, the documents themselves won’t be in the warrant! Even their titles could be redacted from the publicly released version if they’re sensitive enough.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #835 on: August 11, 2022, 10:05:15 PM »

Do you support unsealing the warrant as that’s the only way we will know
I support it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #836 on: August 11, 2022, 10:06:58 PM »

Same poster, 7 minutes apart.

Garland moving to unseal the search warrant is bonaheaded stupid.

Do you support unsealing the warrant as that’s the only way we will know
I support it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #837 on: August 11, 2022, 10:08:32 PM »

It came to my mind yesterday that the documents had to have some sort of value because they weren't destroyed. If this were a case of Trump taking documents that were incriminating he would have just destroyed them as he allegedly did other documents. He kept those to sell or to use as a bargaining tool to flee to another country to avoid prosecution for something else. My guess is it was for money.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #838 on: August 11, 2022, 10:08:57 PM »

This all is a Political Witch Hunt to prevent Trump from running again.

But I am not surprised since Trump ordered Zelenskyy to go after Biden in 2019.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #839 on: August 11, 2022, 10:10:07 PM »

Final thought before I go to bed: everyone (both sides) remember that we are far from knowing the details on this. Most of these reports are leaks and/or speculation, which may or may not be informed speculation.

However, no matter how much the Trump defenders spin, *IF* Trump did have Top Secret and/or nuclear documents in his possession, it’s all over for him. There are no excuses or mitigating factors that would save him.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #840 on: August 11, 2022, 10:10:18 PM »

It is pretty funny that the line of defense Trump apologists seem to have settled on is "The crime that Trump committed was so heinous and dangerous that the FBI should have taken action against him far sooner." Good work selecting a President for the world's sole remaining superpower, guys. Perfect choice.

I suspect this will eventually spiral off into a bizarre QAnon-tier conspiracy theory about how the FBI planted the documents and intentionally waited until midterm season to get them back. I hope that most Americans have enough brain cells to deduce how absurd it is that a Trump appointee would hatch this plan, but honestly I don't even know anymore. Very possible that Larry Hogan gets eviscerated in Iowa in 2024 for refusing to pledge to hang Christopher Wray for treason.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #841 on: August 11, 2022, 10:11:23 PM »

I have to say I don't like this nuclear stuff. Seems like it's just begging to be something smaller so we can have weeks of pundits saying "They thought he wanted to steal the nuclear football!" as though it's idiocy.

Agreed.  The last 8 hours or so has been a build up of "omg this tweet from Belinda Bluecheckmark from the NYT is now saying that the FBI found an authenticated bill of sale of $100 million for blueprints and specifications to build a nuclear weapon, with a handwritten note signed by Muhammad bin-Salman, which said, "Thanks for the nuclear weapon details, Donald John Trump!  Saudi Arabia appreciates this transaction!""

I don't want to get blue-balled again.  We've been here before.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #842 on: August 11, 2022, 10:13:21 PM »

It came to my mind yesterday that the documents had to have some sort of value because they weren't destroyed. If this were a case of Trump taking documents that were incriminating he would have just destroyed them as he allegedly did other documents. He kept those to sell or to use as a bargaining tool to flee to another country to avoid prosecution for something else. My guess is it was for money.

I honestly am betting on the far stupider and thus more likely explanation: He thought it would be cool to have nuclear weapons documents to show off to guests at his club.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #843 on: August 11, 2022, 10:15:40 PM »

Republicans seem very... quiet over this. They were stampeding over one another to defend Trump as soon as the news of the raid had broke, but they've largely been silent now that we know what the FBI was looking for.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #844 on: August 11, 2022, 10:27:17 PM »

Maybe Putin was playing the long game when he installed Trump in 2016, and he was ordered by Putin to bring nuclear codes back to Russia after he failed in his mission to take America for Mother Russia on January 6th?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #845 on: August 11, 2022, 10:29:39 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2022, 10:32:58 PM by Only you can prevent Bidenpox! »

Republicans seem very... quiet over this. They were stampeding over one another to defend Trump as soon as the news of the raid had broke, but they've largely been silent now that we know what the FBI was looking for.
Tbf OSR and Del Tachi have said stuff here since that news...and I guess so has 2016…but that guy is just really on a different level, and not a good one.

Republican politicians on the other hand..
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #846 on: August 11, 2022, 10:36:54 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2022, 10:43:52 PM by Joe Republic »

We're 35 pages into this thread, and Fuzzy Bear still hasn't posted anything in it yet.  He briefly posted in some other thread two days ago that the FBI is politicized and corrupt, but otherwise… *crickets*
MiddleRoad
« Reply #847 on: August 11, 2022, 10:42:10 PM »

Here is a question: why is everyone assuming that the papers are the nuclear codes?

Could they be documents related to either a nuclear deal, or something?

Also, would think that nuclear “secrets” in the sense of “These are the codes to the nuclear football” or how to build a nuclear bomb”, or “We have X amount of nuclear missiles and they are stationed HERE” wouldn’t be written down in the first place, much less at the direct reach of the President.

Meaning, if Trump actually has such papers, wouldn’t he have had to get them from someone in the cabinet or such initially?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #848 on: August 11, 2022, 10:43:41 PM »

Here is a question: why is everyone assuming that the papers are the nuclear codes?

Also, would think that nuclear “secrets” in the sense of “These are the codes to the nuclear football” or how to build a nuclear bomb”, or “We have X amount of nuclear missiles and they are stationed HERE” wouldn’t be written down in the first place, much less at the direct reach of the President.

Meaning, if Trump actually has such papers, wouldn’t he have had to get them from someone in the cabinet or such initially?

Could be related to the rockets or the subs, rather than the warheads themselves.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #849 on: August 11, 2022, 10:47:56 PM »

Probably, but that doesn’t make it much better. Nuclear secrets are nuclear secrets.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies