2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 06:18:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 87688 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: June 01, 2022, 08:08:54 PM »

I don't care about labels or the idea of power. I care about the agenda and policy. I don't care what he calls himself - Henry Cuellar is not a Democrat.

Only far left radicals and those you Personaly recognize as "Democrats" deserve to be called this??? Interesting approach....

Well, yes. But if I were to romanticize about it, at least half the party wouldn't be "real Democrats". I'm talking about the actual priorities of the Democrats' agenda.

Build Back Better? He helped water it down.

Codify Roe? Against that.

Marijuana decrim? Nope.

PRO Act? Nah.

He's not as egregious as Schrader, but this guy sucks. The anti-leftists argue like he's Jared Golden! On an objective level, looking at his record, Cuellar is not a Democrat because he nearly uniquely does not support Democratic policies.

He doesn't support LIBERAL Democratic policies. He is a relatively conservative (only relatively - no comparison with really conservative Democrats of the past) Democrat. You equate "being Democrat" with "being very liberal" or even "radical". Probably - millions of Democrats will beg to differ...

Silence, Republican!

These radical Democrats are trying to not renominate Democrats that work against stated Democratic Party priorities.
How dare they engage in electoral politics!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1401 on: June 03, 2022, 06:05:47 PM »

DDNN will follow the lead of the AP and will not call PA-SEN R in advance of formal certification of the result.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1402 on: June 04, 2022, 11:22:29 AM »

Will the CAGOP be so incompetent that the primary vote is split enough to make Democrat Dan O’Dowd finish second in the primary?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1403 on: June 04, 2022, 03:26:06 PM »

CNN finally projects McLeod-Skinner in OR-5!

That Donkey Network still claims that they are the "Most Trusted News Leader".

I have my doubts though.

When it comes US Politics they sound like an leftwing Propaganda Network it the mould of MSDNC!

Those certainly are words
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1404 on: June 04, 2022, 07:28:15 PM »

One primary I'll be watching is NJ-08 which is the district in which my mom lives.

Robert Menendez, the son of a certain US senator is running in the Democratic primary to replace outgoing rep Albio sires. He faces 2 challengers: Ocampo Grajales and Roseborough-Eberhard.

Robert Menendez obviously has the name recognition and most of the national D support, but not necessarily for the better. Both of his challengers a bit more anti-establishment but not the AOC squad level.

The thing is neither of the other Ds has really run that strong of a campaign and neither is seen as the clear alternative to Menendez; they're likely to split the anti-Menendez vote.

My guess is Menendez could fall below 50% but the other 2 Ds split the vote causing Menendez to ultimately win pretty much no matter what. This will really be a test of how far endorsements by national leaders and various groups can actually go.

My mom who I've helped turn into a reliable voter will be voting against Menendez but hasn't decided which of the Dems she will vote for (and in all honestly may just check whatever box because it's not Menendez).

I could def see Menendez facing a more aggressive and organized primary threat later in the decade.

This really is a shame. NJ-08 seems like the kind of district that would be good for a rising star who'd represent a very diverse district but instead we're going to end up with a political legacy.

NJ-08 will obviously be Safe D in the GE though I am surprised the new config "only" went to Biden by 44%. This likely has to do with much of this district being pretty low turnout and Bayonne being somewhat close politically due to being White Working Class and more separate from NYC similar to Staten Island sorta.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1405 on: June 04, 2022, 08:21:22 PM »

Menendez is fairly safe and I'd be surprised if he fell under 65%. His challengers aren't seriously campaigning as far as I've seen and his father isn't unpopular in that particular district.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1406 on: June 04, 2022, 09:13:48 PM »

Menendez is fairly safe and I'd be surprised if he fell under 65%. His challengers aren't seriously campaigning as far as I've seen and his father isn't unpopular in that particular district.

Prolly wishful thinking on my part given I tend to not like political legacies and am not a fan of Menendez, but in the Jersey City/Hoboken area, Menendez seems like quite a notorious name. If any progressive challenger wants to knock off Menendez, their core of support likely needs to be out of this area, especially Hoboken. This issue is Menendez is likely to run up the margins everywhere else.

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1407 on: June 04, 2022, 09:19:58 PM »

NJ is REALLY unfriendly territory for primary challenges. Gottheimer's challenger was endorsed by Sanders last time and still didn't come close. Donald Payne Jr. has a hard-boiled left challenger this time, while Republican Chris Smith is being challenged by Trumpers, and neither one seems to be in any danger.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1408 on: June 04, 2022, 09:27:43 PM »

NJ is REALLY unfriendly territory for primary challenges. Gottheimer's challenger was endorsed by Sanders last time and still didn't come close. Donald Payne Jr. has a hard-boiled left challenger this time, while Republican Chris Smith is being challenged by Trumpers, and neither one seems to be in any danger.

Can confirm. It says a lot that even after the crap he pulled, Democrats still couldn't find anyone to take on Gottheimer this cycle.

Like not even a Squad-type who would get shellacked.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1409 on: June 05, 2022, 09:20:53 AM »

I think Menendez could have been beaten in 2018 tbh
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1410 on: June 05, 2022, 12:51:35 PM »

Prolly wishful thinking on my part given I tend to not like political legacies and am not a fan of Menendez, but in the Jersey City/Hoboken area, Menendez seems like quite a notorious name. If any progressive challenger wants to knock off Menendez, their core of support likely needs to be out of this area, especially Hoboken. This issue is Menendez is likely to run up the margins everywhere else.

If you mean relative to the rest of the district, sure, but the district as a whole is very favorable territory for the "Menendez name." His weaknesses in the rest of the state don't stick here. And I'll echo what has been said elsewhere regarding the difficulty of mounting a primary challenge in NJ.

I'd expect Menendez to stay in office for a couple decades if he wants.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1411 on: June 06, 2022, 07:02:51 PM »

http://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/06/jessica-cisneros-ruben-ramirez-henry-cuellar-texas-recount/amp/

TX-15 D is in a recount. DDNN will not issue a call until the recount is complete.

A recount has also been requested for TX-28 D. DDNN previously called this race for Cuellar and stands by that call based on the notable vote gap in this race.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1412 on: June 06, 2022, 07:05:26 PM »

Calling PA-SEN R for Oz.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1413 on: June 07, 2022, 01:39:29 AM »

CNN finally projects McLeod-Skinner in OR-5!

That Donkey Network still claims that they are the "Most Trusted News Leader".

I have my doubts though.

When it comes US Politics they sound like an leftwing Propaganda Network it the mould of MSDNC!

Those certainly are words

Yeah... no idea whatever the OP was referencing in his random rant, but it is interesting that basically the new OR CD-05 effectively has shown an overwhelming Progressive DEM vote within the handful of precincts within Multnomah County combined with the Deschutes County precincts around Bend to effectively create a Progressive Majority DEM-PRIM electorate.

Clackamas County PRIM numbers were underwhelming for Schrader, most likely from predominately working and middle-class "Inner PDX 'Burbs" such as Milwaukie, Gladstone, Oak Grove (Uninc), while meanwhile I suspect wealthier PDX 'burbs voted Schrader, combined with DEMs in rural and Exurban ClackCo.

Marion County effectively has a small number of precincts and RVs compared to the old district, with much fewer DEMs now that Metro Salem has been stripped out of the district.

Linn County in theory, since basically it all went from CD-04 to CD-05 after redistricting should be a more favorable place for a conservative DEM, but reality the vast majority of reg dems in the county live in swing cities such as Albany, and even in Lebanon, not to mention a pretty solid base of REG DEM voters in "East Corvallis" precinct across the river.

DEM-PRIM doesn't tell us what OR-05 GE will look like, but as I posted previously in the '20 OR-House-GE-Thread, DeFazio's 2020 numbers in OR-04 were tracking only 1-2% above Biden numbers in many places in Linn County, so doubtful Schrader would have been able to do much better in 2022 (Quite possibly worst bcs of depressed DEM TO #s).

Regardless TO will likely be very high in 2022 in CD-05 DEM strongholds in 2022, including College educated voters in places like Bend and NW ClackCo, where you also have tons of NPA's, registered through AVR and get a chance to vote easily through VBM.

If anything one might wonder if PUB TO will be depressed w/o Trump on the ticket, with a Q-Anon nut running for OR-SEN.

The "trying to seize our guns" argument only goes so far where there are a lot of gun owners who like to hunt and do the shooting range scene who also vote DEM regularly for FED elections....
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1414 on: June 07, 2022, 04:32:47 AM »

So I guess this is as good a time as any to say that my PA-ticket was Oz/Mastriano/DelRosso (etc. etc.).

There are no moderate Republicans, huh
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1415 on: June 07, 2022, 07:30:43 AM »

So I guess this is as good a time as any to say that my PA-ticket was Oz/Mastriano/DelRosso (etc. etc.).

He could like Mastriano and still disapprove of his election conspiracy theories.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1416 on: June 07, 2022, 07:45:51 AM »

He could like Mastriano and still disapprove of his election conspiracy theories.

I may not agree with Kahanist Itamar Ben Gvir on the whole ethnic cleansing of Arabs thing, but I'm gonna vote for him because he's such a good attorney!
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1417 on: June 07, 2022, 08:52:02 AM »

If anything one might wonder if PUB TO will be depressed w/o Trump on the ticket, with a Q-Anon nut running for OR-SEN.

This again? There is absolutely no reason to expect Republican turnout to be depressed "without Trump on the ticket."

This is also what many Democrats here thought/hoped was going to happen in VA and NJ in 2021 and - surprise - the massive drop-off in R turnout never materialized because GOP voters actually care about more than Trump.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1418 on: June 07, 2022, 11:14:56 AM »

lots of really important primaries today. Im gonna be keeping my eye the closest CA-32 CA-29 CA-34, and CA-37. Los Angeles Mayoral, Controller and Sheriff races will also be interesting along with DA!
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1419 on: June 07, 2022, 01:02:12 PM »

lots of really important primaries today. Im gonna be keeping my eye the closest CA-32 CA-29 CA-34, and CA-37. Los Angeles Mayoral, Controller and Sheriff races will also be interesting along with DA!
You mean city attorney?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1420 on: June 07, 2022, 01:04:04 PM »

You mean city attorney?
yeah lmao sorry the gascon recall has been on mind recently
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1421 on: June 07, 2022, 04:42:52 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/06/07/us/elections/results-california-iowa-montana-new-jersey-new-mexico-south-dakota-primaries.html?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-elections-2022&region=TOP_BANNER&context=election_recirc

For tonight^

DDNN calls will not be made until around 9:30 to 10:00 ET due to my offline obligations.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #1422 on: June 07, 2022, 05:12:44 PM »

Any word on who is most likely to take the D nomination in MT-01?
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1423 on: June 07, 2022, 05:16:56 PM »

Will Alex Padilla get a majority and avoid a runoff in the special election for CA-SEN?
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #1424 on: June 07, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »

Can confirm. It says a lot that even after the crap he pulled, Democrats still couldn't find anyone to take on Gottheimer this cycle.

Like not even a Squad-type who would get shellacked.
The county organization ballot line is a big part of it, but it's also really hard because to get on TV, you need to pay to be on the NYC media market, the Philly media market, or in the case of a statewide race, both.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies