Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:19:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1172
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 930864 times)
Logical

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26750 on: November 11, 2023, 03:40:56 PM »

A brilliant operation and there is no better time to reveal it than now with world's attention elsewhere.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #26751 on: November 11, 2023, 03:42:15 PM »

What happened to being skeptical of what the Washington Post reports?
The Washington Post reported it.  I am happy for the "liar" to be the Washington Post who printed an article without digging into how authentic the story is.  Of course that would just mean that one should be skeptical of what Washington Post and other collective West MSM reports on the war which I think is the case anyway.

Oh, I am totally skeptical of the Washington Post.  It seems awfully convenient that when they have to throw Ukraine under the bus they pick a guy that is already under arrest on unrelated charges.

Also, the writer of the article has a track record of putting out bogus stories like

I am still pretty sure the USA did it but this article shows how the USA establishment is now more willing to throw Ukraine under the bus.
bilaps
« Reply #26752 on: November 11, 2023, 05:36:04 PM »

Nice to see Germany stepping up 😁

Good news. Germans lose every war.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26753 on: November 11, 2023, 06:56:24 PM »

Oh hey it’s the guy who tried to deny the amount of civilians Russia killed and ran away from the thread when the evidence was produced
○∙◄☻Ątπ[╪AV┼cVę└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26754 on: November 12, 2023, 03:21:34 AM »

Less Russian oil to Germany means more Russian oil to Bulgaria. And more Russian oil to Bulgaria means more Russian oil to Ukraine. Funny how that works.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/investigation-ukraine-buys-huge-amounts-of-russian-fuels-from-bulgaria/
bilaps
« Reply #26755 on: November 12, 2023, 04:50:10 AM »

Oh hey it’s the guy who tried to deny the amount of civilians Russia killed and ran away from the thread when the evidence was produced

Lol, i don't buy sh.. of your "evidence".

Germans still lose every war.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26756 on: November 12, 2023, 05:29:04 AM »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ties-fray-between-ukraine-and-western-spy-agencies-bhwfvmr2j

"Ties fray between Ukraine and western spy agencies"

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26757 on: November 12, 2023, 05:43:35 AM »

British intelligence says  Wagner Group is now mostly integrated into the structures of the Russian Guard under the command of Pavel Prigozhin, the son of the deceased Yevgeny Prigozhin.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26758 on: November 12, 2023, 07:55:14 AM »

“I’m a war crimes denier not a coward” ain’t the flex you think it is, also Russia has an worse track record then Germany when it comes it winning wars so…
bilaps
« Reply #26759 on: November 12, 2023, 09:43:43 AM »

“I’m a war crimes denier not a coward” ain’t the flex you think it is, also Russia has an worse track record then Germany when it comes it winning wars so…

Not if you count those really important ones, like world wars. Maybe rings a bell to you. And Germany winning wars isn't really a flex you think it is, it has like worst track record than Serbia.

FWIW, I'm not a war crimes denier, maybe you're explaining it on a wrong topic, Israel is pretty active right now. I just don't buy your sources, methods and anything really that comes out of you. Actually, for war of this magnitude civilian casualty rate isn't out of proportion though it's regrettable of course.

Also, latest big casualties among Ukrainians were caused by Ukrainians like in Konstantinovka which was proven by western media.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26760 on: November 12, 2023, 09:52:46 AM »

Not if you count those really important ones, like world wars. Maybe rings a bell to you. And Germany winning wars isn't really a flex you think it is, it has like worst track record than Serbia.

FWIW, I'm not a war crimes denier, maybe you're explaining it on a wrong topic, Israel is pretty active right now. I just don't buy your sources, methods and anything really that comes out of you. Actually, for war of this magnitude civilian casualty rate isn't out of proportion though it's regrettable of course.

Also, latest big casualties among Ukrainians were caused by Ukrainians like in Konstantinovka which was proven by western media.

Russia’s track record is so bad they lost WW1 despite their side eventually winning in the end lol. My source was a UN report I know for vatniks like you anything that makes Russia look bad is fake but normally a pretty legit if not conservative source lol
bilaps
« Reply #26761 on: November 12, 2023, 05:45:30 PM »

I mean Russia lost ww1 is on the same level like avdeevka hill is still holding.

And fwiw, if it weren't for Russians, you would probably be speaking Japanese at the moment. But keep disregarding MILLIONS of lives they gave
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26762 on: November 12, 2023, 05:58:49 PM »

I mean Russia lost ww1 is on the same level like avdeevka hill is still holding.

And fwiw, if it weren't for Russians, you would probably be speaking Japanese at the moment. But keep disregarding MILLIONS of lives they gave
Lol yes they lost WW1, failure to prosecute a war leading to a revolution at home that results in them having to pull out and surrender a huge chunk of territory to the enemy is a lose. Also if you want to go down the WW2 route the USSR is not the same thing as modern Russia case in point guess which modern country had millions of people fighting in the red army and in fact was the nationality of the soldiers who planted the hammer and sickle over the Reichstag? (Hint 🇺🇦). Also “speaking Japanese?” Japan was all but done when the USSR got involved in the pacific front lol talk about historical revisionism
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26763 on: November 12, 2023, 05:58:54 PM »

I don’t disregard the lives the Soviets “gave”, the vast majority of which weren’t Russian. The Russian misappropriation of that legacy is part of what makes the invasion so grotesque.
bilaps
« Reply #26764 on: November 12, 2023, 06:29:35 PM »

Lol yes they lost WW1, failure to prosecute a war leading to a revolution at home that results in them having to pull out and surrender a huge chunk of territory to the enemy is a lose. Also if you want to go down the WW2 route the USSR is not the same thing as modern Russia case in point guess which modern country had millions of people fighting in the red army and in fact was the nationality of the soldiers who planted the hammer and sickle over the Reichstag? (Hint 🇺🇦). Also “speaking Japanese?” Japan was all but done when the USSR got involved in the pacific front lol talk about historical revisionism

Lol, it has nothing to do with the pacific front. Even for you it's simple minded looking at things. Vast majority of Germans lost their lives on Eastern front. If Germany won that war, US would be under Japan's rule.

But, this has to be the biggest wtf in the history of this board. Russian modern state which celebrates May 9th as Victory day, which has established tradition and modern state on backs of remembering and celebrating WW2 has nothing to do with the WW2 but Ukraine who celebrates Nazis and people like Bandera has.  Where are the hammer and sickle in modern Ukrainian army? I don't see those flags. I see Nazis celebrated in Canadian parliament, I see Azov and Right sector, and red and black flags. ing Nazi cheerleaders talking about WW2.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #26765 on: November 12, 2023, 06:41:31 PM »

I don’t disregard the lives the Soviets “gave”, the vast majority of which weren’t Russian. The Russian misappropriation of that legacy is part of what makes the invasion so grotesque.

Where’s the evidence for this? Estimating the total number of Soviet war dead is not easy, but the credible estimates all put the military and civilian war dead from the Russian SSR at either a majority or near enough to one of the total Soviet war dead (with the Russian SSR suffering a disproportionately large share of the military combat deaths). Of course, estimating by SSR isn’t going to give you a true picture of the war dead by ethnicity, as not every one of the dead from the Russian SSR would’ve been an ethnic Russian (just as not every one of the dead from the Ukrainian SSR would have been an ethnic Ukrainian), but those figures clearly show that the Russians gave a lot of blood, which shouldn’t be a surprise given that a number of the bloodiest battles and sieges (Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Smolensk) took place on the soil of the Russian SSR.

The Byelorussian and Ukrainian SSRs, unsurprisingly, suffered disproportionately large civilian casualties due to the years of occupation and the genocidal policies of the Nazis and their local collaborators, but again, the Russian SSR also suffered very high civilian casualties (up to one million in Leningrad alone). Whatever you think about the current Russian government’s instrumentalisation of World War II, ‘misappropriation’ is certainly not the correct way to describe it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26766 on: November 12, 2023, 06:46:48 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2023, 09:56:17 PM by Hindsight was 2020 »

Lol, it has nothing to do with the pacific front. Even for you it's simple minded looking at things. Vast majority of Germans lost their lives on Eastern front. If Germany won that war, US would be under Japan's rule.

But, this has to be the biggest wtf in the history of this board. Russian modern state which celebrates May 9th as Victory day, which has established tradition and modern state on backs of remembering and celebrating WW2 has nothing to do with the WW2 but Ukraine who celebrates Nazis and people like Bandera has.  Where are the hammer and sickle in modern Ukrainian army? I don't see those flags. I see Nazis celebrated in Canadian parliament, I see Azov and Right sector, and red and black flags. ing Nazi cheerleaders talking about WW2.
First off Germany would have taken us over not Japan, Hitler going back to Mein Kampf wanted the US as part of the 3rd Reich and Japan wanted control of the Pacific so at most they’d take over the west coast (also the USSR doesn’t beat the Nazis without the US giving them a sh*t ton of equipment from 41-43). To your second point, I didn’t say Russia has nothing to do with USSR but that they don’t deserve sole credit like you’re trying to do. The reason Ukraine doesn’t celebrate their USSR history is due to the horrible way Russians treated them during this era the same way why people from places like the Baltics feel the same way about that history. Also to your trolling Nazis stuff I got two words Wagner group
CanadianDemocrat
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #26767 on: November 12, 2023, 09:43:45 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2023, 09:48:40 PM by CanadianDemocrat »

Russia’s track record is so bad they lost WW1 despite their side eventually winning in the end lol. My source was a UN report I know for vatniks like you anything that makes Russia look bad is fake but normally a pretty legit if not conservative source lol

Russo also lost the Russo-Japanese War, they also lost the Polish–Soviet War and lost the First Chechen War. Russia lost to a tiny country like Chechnya and a smaller country like Poland.
bilaps
« Reply #26768 on: November 13, 2023, 04:59:31 AM »

But, this has to be the biggest wtf in the history of this board. Russian modern state which celebrates May 9th as Victory day, which has established tradition and modern state on backs of remembering and celebrating WW2 has nothing to do with the WW2 but Ukraine who celebrates Nazis and people like Bandera has.  Where are the hammer and sickle in modern Ukrainian army? I don't see those flags. I see Nazis celebrated in Canadian parliament, I see Azov and Right sector, and red and black flags. ing Nazi cheerleaders talking about WW2.
First off Germany would have taken us over not Japan, Hitler going back to Mein Kampf wanted the US as part of the 3rd Reich and Japan wanted control of the Pacific so at most they’d take over the west coast (also the USSR doesn’t beat the Nazis without the US giving them a sh*t ton of equipment from 41-43). To your second point, I didn’t say Russia has nothing to do with USSR but that they don’t deserve sole credit like you’re trying to do. The reason Ukraine doesn’t celebrate their USSR history is due to the horrible way Russians treated them during this era the same way why people from places like the Baltics feel the same way about that history. Also to your trolling Nazis stuff I got two words Wagner group

Trolling? Did I invent Bandera and red and black flags, did I invent Azov and Right Sector, did I invent all those who want to ban churches and destroy any remembrance on WW2, did I invent all those who tear down monuments to Russians who lived 200 yrs ago, forbidding Russian language etc? But hey Utkin was a Nazi simp so there's that's the same. When you see Russian state propaganding Nazis then you talk to me. Why would they, they lost 27 millions to Nazis. But those are irrevelant, US was sending them some weapons lol.
bilaps
« Reply #26769 on: November 13, 2023, 05:04:09 AM »

You "learn" something on the internet every day I guess. What a bunch of bs alternating history. In 20 years we are probably going to hear about evil Soviets invading Berlin.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26770 on: November 13, 2023, 05:07:12 AM »

I can look it up but I am pretty sure an absolute majority of USSR KIA were ethnic Russians
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26771 on: November 13, 2023, 07:54:20 AM »

I can look it up but I am pretty sure an absolute majority of USSR KIA were ethnic Russians
The problem is like Cassius brought up that trying to get an accurate of which ethnicity suffered the most causalities is hard as people who lived in a respective SSR isn’t necessarily that persons ethnicity. Which is made worse by the fact that moving ethnicity around to different areas was a favorite tactic of Stalin during his early rule
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26772 on: November 13, 2023, 08:01:21 AM »

Trolling? Did I invent Bandera and red and black flags, did I invent Azov and Right Sector, did I invent all those who want to ban churches and destroy any remembrance on WW2, did I invent all those who tear down monuments to Russians who lived 200 yrs ago, forbidding Russian language etc? But hey Utkin was a Nazi simp so there's that's the same. When you see Russian state propaganding Nazis then you talk to me. Why would they, they lost 27 millions to Nazis. But those are irrevelant, US was sending them some weapons lol.
Dismissing Wagner as just “Utkin was a Nazi simp” is so massively disingenuous but really one brand for some trying to paint the country lead by a Jewish president, having the lowest rates of antisemitism/hate crimes in Eastern Europe, having more Jewish people fighting on their military vs their opponent to be a “Nazi” state
bilaps
« Reply #26773 on: November 13, 2023, 08:55:52 AM »

Dismissing Wagner as just “Utkin was a Nazi simp” is so massively disingenuous but really one brand for some trying to paint the country lead by a Jewish president, having the lowest rates of antisemitism/hate crimes in Eastern Europe, having more Jewish people fighting on their military vs their opponent to be a “Nazi” state

Making stuff up out of your ass now. Where did you get those jewish numbers, deepstate?

Ukrainian units have so much Nazi insignia they could shoot some ww2 blockbuster remake.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26774 on: November 13, 2023, 09:08:36 AM »

Yeah Ukraine is so filled with Nazis that they recently stormed an airport to mass lynch Jewish people coming from Israel….oh wait.
Pages: 1 ... 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1172  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies