January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:35:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 ... 151
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 141827 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2450 on: August 01, 2023, 04:45:28 PM »

he's indicted now and there's more discussion of that in J6 pinned megathread.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2451 on: August 01, 2023, 04:45:29 PM »

Tremendous news, thank you President Biden!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2452 on: August 01, 2023, 04:46:43 PM »

If he gets convicted on these counts I think he’s barred from running correct?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2453 on: August 01, 2023, 04:47:22 PM »

Happy quarterly indictment day everyone!!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2454 on: August 01, 2023, 04:48:32 PM »

U.S. President felony indictment count:

1-44,46: 0

45: 34 71 74 78
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2455 on: August 01, 2023, 04:49:57 PM »

You are only barred from holding Office again if the Criminal Charge is "Inciting an Insurrection".

I did not read that. So Trump can still run for President.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2456 on: August 01, 2023, 04:50:15 PM »

Doubtful.  I think it would require a conviction for insurrection, which is not one of the charges.  At least so far.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2457 on: August 01, 2023, 04:52:57 PM »

Doubtful.  I think it would require a conviction for insurrection, which is not one of the charges.  At least so far.
I think you're correct here so Trump can still run for President!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2458 on: August 01, 2023, 04:54:23 PM »

SIX UNNAMED CO-CONSPIRATORS:

a. Co-Conspirator 1, an attorney who was willing to spread knowingly false claims and pursue strategies that the Defendant's 2020 re-election campaign attorneys would not

b. Co-Conspirator 2, an attorney who devised and attempted to implement a strategy to leverage the Vice President’s ceremonial role overseeing certification proceeding to obstruct the certification of the presidential election.

c. Co-Conspirator 3, an attorney whose unfounded claims of election fraud the Defendant privately acknowledged to others sounded "crazy." Nonetheless, the Defendant embraced and publicly amplified Co-Conspirator 3's disinformation.

d. Co-Conspirator 4, a Justice Department official who worked on civil matters and who, with the Defendant, attempted to use the Justice Department to open sham election crime investigations and influence state legislatures with knowingly false claims of election fraud.

e. Co-Conspirator 5, an attorney who assisted in devising and attempting to implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.

f. Co-Conspirator 6, a political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2459 on: August 01, 2023, 04:54:42 PM »

Looks like the GOP needs to rally around whoever is the leading anti Trump candidate after IA/NH and do everything possible to help them get them nomination . DeSantis Scott Haley Pence Christe all should make a deal with each other behind the scenes to ensure this happens
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2460 on: August 01, 2023, 04:55:34 PM »

The DOJ official co-conspirator has to be Jeff Clark.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2461 on: August 01, 2023, 04:57:04 PM »

Looks like the GOP needs to rally around whoever is the leading anti Trump candidate after IA/NH and do everything possible to help them get them nomination . DeSantis Scott Haley Pence Christe all should make a deal with each other behind the scenes to ensure this happens

This is objectively the correct strategy, but the problem is that all the participants think they should be the surviving candidate.  This creates a Prisoner's Dilemma situation in which their failure to cooperate means they will all lose.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2462 on: August 01, 2023, 04:57:09 PM »

The DOJ official co-conspirator has to be Jeff Clark.

My guess is the lawyers are Giuliani, Eastman, and Powell. Roger Stone is probably the consultant. Not sure who the 4th lawyer would be.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #2463 on: August 01, 2023, 04:57:17 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2464 on: August 01, 2023, 05:02:44 PM »

Trump got indicted on page 100 of the Mar-A-Lago thread, but he managed to cut it down to 98 for the January 6th thread.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2465 on: August 01, 2023, 05:03:17 PM »

This is objectively the correct strategy, but the problem is that all the participants think they should be the surviving candidate.  This creates a Prisoner's Dilemma situation in which their failure to cooperate means they will all lose.

This is why they all should offer an actually good deal :

One of them gets to be VP
One of them Sec of State/Defense
Others get other roles in the admin

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2466 on: August 01, 2023, 05:05:17 PM »

It’s not happening OSR, Trump leading over 50% of the primary vote. Even if everyone else drops out and it’s a 1 vs 1 Trump still wins it
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2467 on: August 01, 2023, 05:10:19 PM »

Lock him up!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2468 on: August 01, 2023, 05:14:28 PM »

Will make no difference! Trump is still likely to win the Republican Nomination.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2469 on: August 01, 2023, 05:14:39 PM »

SIX UNNAMED CO-CONSPIRATORS:

a. Co-Conspirator 1, an attorney who was willing to spread knowingly false claims and pursue strategies that the Defendant's 2020 re-election campaign attorneys would not

b. Co-Conspirator 2, an attorney who devised and attempted to implement a strategy to leverage the Vice President’s ceremonial role overseeing certification proceeding to obstruct the certification of the presidential election.

c. Co-Conspirator 3, an attorney whose unfounded claims of election fraud the Defendant privately acknowledged to others sounded "crazy." Nonetheless, the Defendant embraced and publicly amplified Co-Conspirator 3's disinformation.

d. Co-Conspirator 4, a Justice Department official who worked on civil matters and who, with the Defendant, attempted to use the Justice Department to open sham election crime investigations and influence state legislatures with knowingly false claims of election fraud.

e. Co-Conspirator 5, an attorney who assisted in devising and attempting to implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.

f. Co-Conspirator 6, a political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.

2 is probably Eastman. I think 5 may be Kenneth Chesebro. 1 and 3 are almost certainly Rudy and Powell, but it's a bit hard to tell which one is which.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2470 on: August 01, 2023, 05:15:25 PM »

DOJ explanation of what the "conspiracy to deprive rights" charges mean: https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/civil-rights/federal-civil-rights-statutes#:~:text=Title%2018%2C%20U.S.C.%2C%20Section%20241%20%2D%20Conspiracy%20Against%20Rights

Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241 - Conspiracy Against Rights
This statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

It further makes it unlawful for two or more persons to go in disguise on the highway or on the premises of another with the intent to prevent or hinder his/her free exercise or enjoyment of any rights so secured.

Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to ten years, or both; and if death results, or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years, or for life, or may be sentenced to death.

This kind of sounds like he's being charged with conspiring to intimidate the Congress via the riot, but I'm not quite sure if I'm reading that right.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2471 on: August 01, 2023, 05:18:48 PM »

If you lock him up, forget 1/6, it'll be 1776.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #2472 on: August 01, 2023, 05:20:15 PM »

Doubtful.  I think it would require a conviction for insurrection, which is not one of the charges.  At least so far.

This is objectively the correct strategy, but the problem is that all the participants think they should be the surviving candidate.  This creates a Prisoner's Dilemma situation in which their failure to cooperate means they will all lose.

This is why they all should offer an actually good deal :

One of them gets to be VP
One of them Sec of State/Defense
Others get other roles in the admin

"Sad! Ron DeSanctus and his CORRUPT BARGAIN CRONIES are trying to do to me what little John Quincy Adams and crazy Henry Clay did to great American Patriot Andrew Jackson! Believe me, when this primary is over, there won't be any tears left on his trail, that I can tell you."
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2473 on: August 01, 2023, 05:20:56 PM »

Try it.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2474 on: August 01, 2023, 05:21:42 PM »

I for one would like to test that theory in practice to confirm its validity.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 ... 151  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies