Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 01:24:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 248052 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: September 30, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »

I’m not even sure what I want the result of the vote to be

I want the progressives to have a lot of leverage but if we vote this down it’s possible that Manchinema blow up reconciliation
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1701 on: September 30, 2021, 05:55:32 PM »

I want the progressives to have a lot of leverage but if we vote this down it’s possible that Manchinema blow up reconciliation
If we don’t vote this down, it’s guaranteed Machinema will blow up reconciliation.
So we are where we are.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1702 on: September 30, 2021, 05:58:46 PM »

If we don’t vote this down, it’s guaranteed Machinema will blow up reconciliation.
So we are where we are.

That’s possible, but we can’t say for sure
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1703 on: September 30, 2021, 05:58:52 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1704 on: September 30, 2021, 05:59:16 PM »

It’s pretty clear it’s gonna pass
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1705 on: September 30, 2021, 06:02:05 PM »

I would vote Yes if I were in the House - this may be all we ever get. But Sinema's treachery should never be forgotten or forgiven.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1706 on: September 30, 2021, 06:03:19 PM »

It's a shame progressives lost here. Mark my words: there will be no reconciliation bill.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1707 on: September 30, 2021, 06:06:11 PM »

Are we just taking Gottheimer’s word here.

I mean, Pelosi’s position is maddening but I don’t see anyone flipping yet.

Also, I really don’t understand the ‘it’s all we can get position’. This can be tabled on a failed vote and passed later. Literally no reason to reward Republicans.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #1708 on: September 30, 2021, 06:06:37 PM »

I would vote Yes if I were in the House - this may be all we ever get. But Sinema's treachery should never be forgotten or forgiven.

This is a great accomplishment for the Biden administration. He finally gets a big package deal passed long in the works, so I don't know what's with all the gloom and doom. In fact, Sinema mentioned today using reconciliation to pass healthcare reform, if I'm not mistaken, so things are looking up.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1709 on: September 30, 2021, 06:08:47 PM »

This is a great accomplishment for the Biden administration. He finally gets a big package deal passed long in the works, so I don't know what's with all the gloom and doom. In fact, Sinema mentioned today using reconciliation to pass healthcare reform, if I'm not mistaken, so things are looking up.

That tweet was over a decade old. She would certainly not support it today
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1710 on: September 30, 2021, 06:12:05 PM »

You're mistaken.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1711 on: September 30, 2021, 06:13:19 PM »

He isn’t getting a deal, they’re agreeing to let Sinema and Mitt Romney run the government in exchange for a pinky promise to maybe reconsider his proposals at a latter date.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1712 on: September 30, 2021, 06:14:11 PM »

Bruh, I really love Sinema. She's the perfect girl
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1713 on: September 30, 2021, 06:20:28 PM »

Also, Pelosi’s maddening decision to throw-in with traitors aside, it’s looking to be like allot of panic on the ‘let’s blow Kyrsten Sinema’ caucus’s end. Lots of defensive statements and interviews declaring victory, nothing actually forthcoming.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1714 on: September 30, 2021, 06:20:53 PM »

The fact that yall think this will pass because Gottheimer said it would shows that many of you have zero idea of what you're talking about lmfao. it's not gonna pass. Also, this doesn't means reconciliation is dead if this vote tonight fails. it just means its gonna take a lot more time.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1715 on: September 30, 2021, 06:25:04 PM »

It's a shame progressives lost here. Mark my words: there will be no reconciliation bill.

I think there is going to be one I just don't think it will even be close to 3.5 trillion

At best it will be 1.5 trillion and if we are lucky maybe 2 trillion
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1716 on: September 30, 2021, 06:29:25 PM »

The fact that yall think this will pass because Gottheimer said it would shows that many of you have zero idea of what you're talking about lmfao. it's not gonna pass. Also, this doesn't means reconciliation is dead if this vote tonight fails. it just means its gonna take a lot more time.

I don’t see Gottheimer going on television to project this kind of confidence if the votes aren’t there
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1717 on: September 30, 2021, 06:29:47 PM »

I think there is going to be one I just don't think it will even be close to 3.5 trillion

At best it will be 1.5 trillion and if we are lucky maybe 2 trillion
What is everyone basing this on?

The groups paying off Senator Sinema and Rep Gottheimer have been pretty clear their goal is pass BIF and kill reconciliation.

Sinema has shown no inclination or ability to hold to any promise she makes to other Democrats.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1718 on: September 30, 2021, 06:32:04 PM »

I don’t see Gottheimer going on television to project this kind of confidence if the votes aren’t there

Oh, is he Pelosi? Is he Jayapal? Does he have access to knowing where the votes are? Of course he's confident because he's a Manchinite House Dem who is all in on BIF
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1719 on: September 30, 2021, 06:32:27 PM »

Why, because he’s honest?

He was aging the same thing earlier about it passing Monday. This has also been the line that No Labels has taken in internal semi-public memos, the BIF is guaranteed to pass and to hold strong on killing reconciliation.

The only thing that has changed from my end is that Nancy joined the turn-coats.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1720 on: September 30, 2021, 06:32:58 PM »

I mean I hope you are right and that it fails but that’s not what I think is going to happen
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1721 on: September 30, 2021, 06:34:58 PM »

I mean I hope you are right and that it fails but that’s not what I think is going to happen

Almost nobody who pays attention to politics professionally thinks its going to pass. the CPC will ensure its failure
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1722 on: September 30, 2021, 06:35:33 PM »

Almost nobody who pays attention to politics professionally thinks its going to pass. the CPC will ensure its failure

Good news
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1723 on: September 30, 2021, 06:50:13 PM »

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States