Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:07:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 27389 times)
Motorcity

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2021, 11:06:35 PM »

Good. Normally I disagree with Kristi Noem but she’s in the right here

Lil Nas X is going Hell and so is anyone who wears these shoes or even purchases them. I’d like to warn other people too

Clown sh**t. Wearing meme sneakers is apparently worth of eternal damnation.
Yes, I think buying/wearing/promoting these shoes can lead to eternal damnation
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2021, 11:07:00 PM »

Dumb shoe + Dumb Governor = Dumb
Motorcity

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2021, 11:07:18 PM »

Good. Normally I disagree with Kristi Noem but she’s in the right here

Lil Nas X is going Hell and so is anyone who wears these shoes or even purchases them. I’d like to warn other people too

Clown sh**t. Wearing meme sneakers is apparently worth of eternal damnation.
Yeah, it does.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2021, 11:08:19 PM »

Motorcity

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2021, 11:09:27 PM »

Lil Nas X

He’s going to burn in Hell and I’m not ashamed to say it.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2021, 11:11:08 PM »

I can’t tell what’s sadder; people in this thread thinking 'Hell' and 'Satan' are actually real things that people should be concerned about, or BRTD - a 37 year old man - being eager to join a Christian mosh pit.
Yes, I believe that Hell and Satan are real and frightens me very much. I’d never associate with anyone who purchased these shoes.

There are other reasons why I cannot bring myself to be religious, but this sort of rhetoric is probably the primary one. The idea that wearing a pair of shoes can outweigh any substantive good that someone has done in their life and singlehandedly make them deserving of eternal damnation is... beyond my understanding, I'll just say that. Even if I'm not spiritual, I can see the appeal of a belief system where the good are rewarded and the bad are damned, but then to ascribe such weight to something as petty as wearing some shoes, instead of believing that someone's true character is what's most important, completely ruins it for me.
Motorcity

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2021, 11:14:11 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2021, 11:20:30 PM by Motorcity »

I can’t tell what’s sadder; people in this thread thinking 'Hell' and 'Satan' are actually real things that people should be concerned about, or BRTD - a 37 year old man - being eager to join a Christian mosh pit.
Yes, I believe that Hell and Satan are real and frightens me very much. I’d never associate with anyone who purchased these shoes.

There are other reasons why I cannot bring myself to be religious, but this sort of rhetoric is probably the primary one. The idea that wearing a pair of shoes can outweigh any substantive good that someone has done in their life and singlehandedly make them deserving of eternal damnation is... beyond my understanding, I'll just say that. Even if I'm not spiritual, I can see the appeal of a belief system where the good are rewarded and the bad are damned, but then to ascribe such weight to something as petty as wearing some shoes, instead of believing that someone's true character is what's most important, completely ruins it for me.
Imagine Jack is a employee at Walmart. He’s shows up early and stays late. Comes in on his day offs. Always does his job right. Helps customers. Friendly to everyone. Management loves him. Overall awesome employee.

Comes in one day with shoes that say “ F*** Walmart”.

He gets fired. Would anyone defend him?

Wearing these shoes are insult to God
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2021, 11:14:30 PM »

Lil Nas X

If that's true, then God is an idiot. Guess I'm headed that way myself. Cheers!
Motorcity

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2021, 11:15:54 PM »

Lil Nas X

Don’t you dare say that
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2021, 11:17:05 PM »

Lil Nas X

Don’t you dare say that

Watch me.
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2021, 11:17:09 PM »

Imagine Jack is a employee at Walmart. He’s shows up early and stays late. Comes in on his day offs. Always does his job right. Helps customers. Friendly to everyone. Management loves him. Overall awesome employee.

Comes in one day with shoes that say “ Walmart”.

Comparing eternal damnation to being fired from Walmart is too big of a stretch even for me, someone who doesn't even believe in eternal damnation.

Also, your scenario makes absolutely no sense. Why the hell is he getting fired for wearing shoes that say the name of the company he works for?
Motorcity

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2021, 11:18:54 PM »

Comparing eternal damnation to being fired from Walmart is too big of a stretch even for me, someone who doesn't even believe in eternal damnation.

Also, your scenario makes absolutely no sense. Why the hell is he getting fired for wearing shoes that say the name of the company he works for?
I wrote he wore shoes that said “f*** Walmart”.
Motorcity

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2021, 11:19:27 PM »

Lil Nas X

Don’t you dare say that

Watch me.
Burn in Hell, see if I care
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2021, 11:20:27 PM »

Lil Nas X

Don’t you dare say that

Watch me.

If such an implausible scenario ever occurs, I don't think you'll register on my list of concerns.
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2021, 11:23:15 PM »

Okay, you're still comparing a company's profit motive and their defensiveness over their brand name to God's decisionmaking regarding eternal damnation.

Although I'm not religious, you could convince me that there is a god. But if I really wanted to defend the virtues of said god, I would not make him seem so petty and vindictive. I like to think that if I was a god, I wouldn't doom a person to eternal damnation just because they wore some shoes that I didn't like if they were otherwise a good person.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2021, 11:29:15 PM »

Gov. Noem is just looking for a distraction from her failed handling of Covid and her blatant violation of the will of the people of her state on marijuana legalization. She doesn’t have any solid policy proposals to offer her state, so she wants to pander to tribalistic instincts. Like Lil Nas said, she needs to do her job.
Motorcity

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2021, 11:30:38 PM »

Gov. Noem is just looking for a distraction from her failed handling of Covid and her blatant violation of the will of the people of her state on marijuana legalization. She doesn’t have any solid policy proposals to offer her state, so she wants to pander to tribalistic instincts. Like Lil Nas said, she needs to do her job.
She can walk and chew gum at the same time. Rather she is or not her job, she can still criticize a artist
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2021, 11:31:22 PM »

You might grow out of such silliness in time.  (Though you may have to leave Tennessee to do so.)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2021, 11:32:39 PM »

OK now THAT is hysterical. The "My Pleasure" part in particular is a stroke of genius!
Motorcity

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2021, 11:32:44 PM »

Okay, you're still comparing a company's profit motive and their defensiveness over their brand name to God's decisionmaking regarding eternal damnation.

Although I'm not religious, you could convince me that there is a god. But if I really wanted to defend the virtues of said god, I would not make him seem so petty and vindictive. I like to think that if I was a god, I wouldn't doom a person to eternal damnation just because they wore some shoes that I didn't like if they were otherwise a good person.
The lord is very virtuous, more than any human could imagine. I don’t need to defend that. I believe there is one god. And I believe God will punish those who wear such disrespectful and blatant imagery. I am defending Kristi’s right to criticize Lil Nas X and adding my own criticism  
Motorcity

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2021, 11:33:47 PM »

You might grow out of such silliness in time.  (Though you may have to leave Tennessee to do so.)
Nope. I’m a proud Muslim. Nothing can affect my faith
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2021, 11:38:42 PM »

She can walk and chew gum at the same time. Rather she is or not her job, she can still criticize a artist

In theory she should be able to do that, unfortunately reality has shown that she can’t. She’s looking for a distraction, an easy way to pander to her party’s base without doing anything of substance. If she was actually doing her job *and* criticizing Lil Nas, then fine - but she’s not.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2021, 11:42:34 PM »

I'd just like to say that if God exists and is petty enough to send someone to hell over a music video and some shoes then he doesn't deserve my worship. I can burn in hell for all I care, I'll spend eternity knowing that I am morally better than a God who would even create such a place.
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2021, 11:47:44 PM »

The lord is very virtuous, more than any human could imagine. I don’t need to defend that. I believe there is one god. And I believe God will punish those who wear such disrespectful and blatant imagery. I am defending Kristi’s right to criticize Lil Nas X and adding my own criticism  

No one thinks that she doesn't have a right to criticize him, we just think it's ridiculous.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2021, 12:23:10 AM »

Lil Nas X

Don’t you dare say that

Watch me.

"See if I care!", says the person who has posted in the thread 10 times...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies