Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:49:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 27578 times)
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2021, 12:15:18 AM »
« edited: March 30, 2021, 12:26:26 AM by wants to resurrect the bull moose party »

Where is Lil NasBol? Very disappointed to see no content from him lately

Obligatory

Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2021, 12:17:22 AM »

Hank Williams III often uses satanic imagery. He calls his fans "hellbillies" and "hellbetties" (his greatest album is called "Straight to Hell.") Since I'm not a Christian or Muslim and therefore don't really believe in hell or Satan, it doesn't offend me, but I'm pretty sure the point isn't to worship evil beings. It's to be contrarian against the forces in society that use the Christian bible and Quran and other religious imagery to pass judgement upon people for being LGBT, addicts, mentally ill, from broken homes, etc. So basically the left behind.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2021, 12:18:34 AM »

I immediately regret checking this thread. Why do I do this to myself?

Small world....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2021, 12:20:36 AM »

This is a very very rare occasion where Noem is correct.

You're kidding, right? She's having a moral panic about satanic shoes. She needs to get a grip.
Quote from: Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Brtd is officially forbidden from ever listen to Emo music other than from Christian bands ever again.
Lots of the greatest non-Christian emo bands of all time had Christian members. Like Chris from Mineral, Jeremy from Sunny Day Real Estate, etc. Even if they weren't explicitly Christian the members were still acting through Christ and glorifying Christ with the sheer amazing music they created. Also a lot of members of my church's band play in non-Christian bands as their main bands. However this is not the case if the music is against Christ (like black metal.)

No cop outs, Zach. Per your own interpretation of the biblical passage you quoted, if it's not all Christian all the time, you can't listen to it without being a hypocrite
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2021, 12:23:09 AM »

I think I know why BRTD hates South Park so much now. Not only did they mock Family Guy, they also perfectly ridiculed his music tastes:

Nah that’s nothing like the Christian music he listens to. I think this is a much better own:

Uh, how are they making hardcore music worse? Like lots of Christian hardcore bands have actually been some of the most innovative and influential, like Zao, Strongarm, No Innocent Victim, Stretch Arm Strong, mewithoutYou, Hopesfall and Underoath. Like those are even respected and listened by non-Christians.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2021, 12:24:17 AM »

This is a very very rare occasion where Noem is correct.

You're kidding, right? She's having a moral panic about satanic shoes. She needs to get a grip.
Quote from: Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Brtd is officially forbidden from ever listen to Emo music other than from Christian bands ever again.
Lots of the greatest non-Christian emo bands of all time had Christian members. Like Chris from Mineral, Jeremy from Sunny Day Real Estate, etc. Even if they weren't explicitly Christian the members were still acting through Christ and glorifying Christ with the sheer amazing music they created. Also a lot of members of my church's band play in non-Christian bands as their main bands. However this is not the case if the music is against Christ (like black metal.)

No cop outs, Zach. Per your own interpretation of the biblical passage you quoted, if it's not all Christian all the time, you can't listen to it without being a hypocrite

This is not just not "all Christian all the time". It's explicitly anti-Christian. That's the huge difference.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2021, 12:28:41 AM »

Hank Williams III often uses satanic imagery. He calls his fans "hellbillies" and "hellbetties" (his greatest album is called "Straight to Hell.") Since I'm not a Christian or Muslim and therefore don't really believe in hell or Satan, it doesn't offend me, but I'm pretty sure the point isn't to worship evil beings. It's to be contrarian against the forces in society that use the Christian bible and Quran and other religious imagery to pass judgement upon people for being LGBT, addicts, mentally ill, from broken homes, etc. So basically the left behind.
Dude, did you hear this song I posted earlier? Do you seriously think these guys pass judgement?

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2021, 12:31:36 AM »

I immediately regret checking this thread. Why do I do this to myself?

BTW fun fact everyone:

Last night I was high as a kite on Delta 8 and reading this thread during that and I laughed so hard. I found it hilarious. Then the next morning I was like "uh, what?" reading it and remember finding it funny.

Well I took a bunch of Delta 8 again and am reading it now and am laughing and finding it funny. So if you aren't finding this thread fun, you know what you have to do...
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2021, 12:44:47 AM »

I think I know why BRTD hates South Park so much now. Not only did they mock Family Guy, they also perfectly ridiculed his music tastes:

Nah that’s nothing like the Christian music he listens to. I think this is a much better own:

Uh, how are they making hardcore music worse? Like lots of Christian hardcore bands have actually been some of the most innovative and influential, like Zao, Strongarm, No Innocent Victim, Stretch Arm Strong, mewithoutYou, Hopesfall and Underoath. Like those are even respected and listened by non-Christians.

I seriously doubt many non-Christians have ever heard of those bands, or even many Christians for that matter.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2021, 12:47:42 AM »

I seriously doubt many non-Christians have ever heard of those bands, or even many Christians for that matter.

Almost everyone in the hardcore scene has heard of those bands dude, LOL. Like seriously try finding anyone at any hardcore show ever once they start up again who has never heard of Underoath. Many in the scene who aren't Christian but still listen to them.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2021, 03:50:41 AM »

BRTD making the whole thread about himself, his feelings and his f-cking music.
Motorcity

« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2021, 06:49:09 AM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people.

Probably true, but the rest of us are yaaaas kweeeeen. You can reject Lil Nas X if you like. Don't listen to his music, block him on Twitter. It's fine. It won't be hard. I'm old enough to remember Satanic Panic round 1 and when Madonna humped Satan for straight sex, so this is all entertainment now.
"Kween"? Why are you describing a man as a queen? He's not trans
are you like 12 or something? serious question
Nope. I am a 22 year old. Actually, I teach 6th grade Social Studies in Tennessee. I graduated college (UTM) May 2020. I'm finishing my first year teaching 11-12 year olds.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2021, 09:01:51 AM »

Eight pages about a Twitter feud between the worst governor in America and the "Old Town Road" guy? Seriously?
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2021, 09:03:25 AM »

Eight pages about a Twitter feud between the worst governor in America and the "Old Town Road" guy? Seriously?

Guy Debord has never resonated quite like he does now.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2021, 09:09:40 AM »

Meanwhile, the thread about the deaths of ten people in Colorado barely got over six pages.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2021, 09:17:39 AM »

Dude, did you hear this song I posted earlier? Do you seriously think these guys pass judgement?

That music is atrociously bad.
And many churches say things like that. It doesn't mean they are actually tolerant in practice.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2021, 09:27:11 AM »

Things lefties think conservatives are talking about:

Lil Nas X is a Satan worshipper, Elliot Page is a woman because he has lady parts, etc.

Things conservatives are actually talking about:

Unconstitutional lockdowns and their impacts on society, the migrant crisis at the southern border, etc.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2021, 09:32:07 AM »

Lil Nas X is a Satan worshipper, Elliot Page is a woman because he has lady parts, etc.

Unconstitutional lockdowns and their impacts on society, the migrant crisis at the southern border, etc.

Right to kill granny because you're tired of a "lockdown" that never actually happened, yet another manufactured migrant border "crisis" to inflame room temperature IQ Fox News viewers against a Dem president, etc. Yes, conservatives are certainly engaged in deep intellectual discussion about the pressing issues of our day.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2021, 09:50:26 AM »

Right to kill granny because you're tired of a "lockdown" that never actually happened, yet another manufactured migrant border "crisis" to inflame room temperature IQ Fox News viewers against a Dem president, etc. Yes, conservatives are certainly engaged in deep intellectual discussion about the pressing issues of our day.

The harsher lockdowns in Europe have not worked, either.  I discuss this further in the COVID-19 thread.  It's obvious that lefties have to resort to personal attacks and other fallacies when arguing because they have nothing to stand on.  This whole Lil Nas X thing is a distraction from the more important issues we are facing.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2021, 10:00:49 AM »

Gov. Noem is just looking for a distraction from her failed handling of Covid and her blatant violation of the will of the people of her state on marijuana legalization. She doesn’t have any solid policy proposals to offer her state, so she wants to pander to tribalistic instincts. Like Lil Nas said, she needs to do her job.

Noem, ironically enough, is now under attack by certain elements of the right (i.e. Breitbart and The Federalist), for having made revisions to a bill which would have barred transgender female students from participating in women's sports, similar to the law which was implemented in Arkansas and the bills which have been proposed in other states. Apparently, she did so out of concerns of "extensive" litigation that the state could face.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2021, 10:05:19 AM »

If you really are a libertarian, you would be for 'open borders.'
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2021, 10:09:04 AM »

The harsher lockdowns in Europe have not worked, either.  I discuss this further in the COVID-19 thread.  It's obvious that lefties have to resort to personal attacks and other fallacies when arguing because they have nothing to stand on.  This whole Lil Nas X thing is a distraction from the more important issues we are facing.

Except they have.

Stick to the pearl-clutching stuff and the gun fetish. Conservatives are in over their heads when they try to debate actual policy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2021, 10:09:51 AM »

I think Noem should be more worried about the large blazes that are happening in her state due to her insistence on not raking the forests. No federal funds to SD due to this!
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2021, 10:11:25 AM »

Not all libertarians have gotten the Koch memo that they need to support the free movement of peoples to supply cheap labor for their chicken plants.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2021, 10:15:54 AM »

Except they have.

Stick to the pearl-clutching stuff and the gun fetish. Conservatives are in over their heads when they try to debate actual policy.

Cases in France, Germany, and Italy are near record highs.

Nice appeal to purity.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies