Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:35:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 27370 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2021, 08:01:18 PM »

Shut up. Everybody shut up. This is the only good Christian music.

Oh no, mam. That is not good Christian music. Now listen to this.

Here's a compromise.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2021, 08:22:21 PM »

Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2021, 08:33:53 PM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people.

Probably true, but the rest of us are yaaaas kweeeeen. You can reject Lil Nas X if you like. Don't listen to his music, block him on Twitter. It's fine. It won't be hard. I'm old enough to remember Satanic Panic round 1 and when Madonna humped Satan for straight sex, so this is all entertainment now.
"Kween"? Why are you describing a man as a queen? He's not trans

Oh, honey.
Motorcity

« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2021, 08:43:16 PM »

Nike sueing? This is awesome!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2021, 08:48:16 PM »

I usually don't root for Nike, but I'm hoping they take this piece of sh!t to the cleaners. Absolutely f[inks]ing ruin him.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2021, 08:53:27 PM »

I usually don't root for Nike, but I'm hoping they take this piece of sh!t to the cleaners. Absolutely f[inks]ing ruin him.

Right, root for the mega corporation that uses child labor. So progressive.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2021, 08:56:49 PM »

What is this terrible woman’s obsession with blood and death?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2021, 09:01:11 PM »

Wow, another thread devoted to BRTD’s hatred for black musicians?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2021, 09:05:44 PM »

Yes, this is silly, but it isn't any less silly than being offended by 50+ year old movies or illustrations in children's books. The lefties acting like it's so ridiculous and inconceivable that anyone would be offended by this need to get some self awareness.

The expectation has been created that there's a right to never be offended. If it exists it has to apply to everyone equally. If these were shoes with a picture of Muhammad on the box (as I said in another thread) or something that offended virtually any other group the left would be the ones leading the charge here.

In my ideal world there's no right to not be offended and people would grow up and move on when something hurt their feelings. But there's no reason evangelical Christians should be the only ones ever expected to do that.

Edit- Also, didn't we have a whole thread of people on here a while ago defending Colin Kaepernick when he got offended by shoes one time? I reiterate, get some self awareness. How dumb you think this looks is how dumb you look to everyone outside your bubble when you go on one of your little pop culture crusades.

Evangelicals growing up and moving on? Are we talking about the same evangelicals? The ones who cancelled D&D, Pokemon, gay people, and Harry Potter for being satanic influences on our children, a whole 30 years before "cancel culture" even became a thing? Gimme a break.

None of these things were cancelled because
A) they were all outrageously successful and virtually unchallenged by anyone in mainstream society
B) people who have no power have no ability to cancel. You understand these power arguments from racism discourse.
C) these things can't be cancelled because they are random "things" that can't just be banned. You are inventing a straw man about what cancel culture is to try to invent hypocrisy of your opponent when the movement is concerned with current people continuing to exist first and foremost (freedom to communicate on the internet without interference and ability to not lose their lifestyle for wrong think) and secondly concerned with historical figures and their works continuing to be freely available and/or prominently displayed. Such fallacious strawmen (much like the stupid spongebob episode thread) would be deleted for trolling if anyone cared about moderating USGD.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2021, 09:31:11 PM »

Are you at all familiar with the band who did the "My King is alive!" song?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2021, 09:34:38 PM »

NGL, I’d love to watch him listen to Yeezus.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2021, 09:36:20 PM »

Why?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2021, 09:40:18 PM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people.

Probably true, but the rest of us are yaaaas kweeeeen. You can reject Lil Nas X if you like. Don't listen to his music, block him on Twitter. It's fine. It won't be hard. I'm old enough to remember Satanic Panic round 1 and when Madonna humped Satan for straight sex, so this is all entertainment now.

Oh, honey.

I can’t wait til this guy learns about RuPaul's Drag Race!

(Which I’ve just realized the Mrs and I need to catch up on.  We’re two episodes behind!)
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2021, 10:03:06 PM »

Yes, this is silly, but it isn't any less silly than being offended by 50+ year old movies or illustrations in children's books. The lefties acting like it's so ridiculous and inconceivable that anyone would be offended by this need to get some self awareness.

The expectation has been created that there's a right to never be offended. If it exists it has to apply to everyone equally. If these were shoes with a picture of Muhammad on the box (as I said in another thread) or something that offended virtually any other group the left would be the ones leading the charge here.

In my ideal world there's no right to not be offended and people would grow up and move on when something hurt their feelings. But there's no reason evangelical Christians should be the only ones ever expected to do that.

Edit- Also, didn't we have a whole thread of people on here a while ago defending Colin Kaepernick when he got offended by shoes one time? I reiterate, get some self awareness. How dumb you think this looks is how dumb you look to everyone outside your bubble when you go on one of your little pop culture crusades.

Evangelicals growing up and moving on? Are we talking about the same evangelicals? The ones who cancelled D&D, Pokemon, gay people, and Harry Potter for being satanic influences on our children, a whole 30 years before "cancel culture" even became a thing? Gimme a break.

None of these things were cancelled because
A) they were all outrageously successful and virtually unchallenged by anyone in mainstream society
B) people who have no power have no ability to cancel. You understand these power arguments from racism discourse.
C) these things can't be cancelled because they are random "things" that can't just be banned. You are inventing a straw man about what cancel culture is to try to invent hypocrisy of your opponent when the movement is concerned with current people continuing to exist first and foremost (freedom to communicate on the internet without interference and ability to not lose their lifestyle for wrong think) and secondly concerned with historical figures and their works continuing to be freely available and/or prominently displayed. Such fallacious strawmen (much like the stupid spongebob episode thread) would be deleted for trolling if anyone cared about moderating USGD.

ok boomer
AtorBoltox

« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2021, 10:16:17 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2021, 10:19:40 PM by AtorBoltox »

This thread having more pages than the voting rights bill thread is further evidence of America's decline
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2021, 10:18:31 PM »

Why?

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2021, 10:36:23 PM »

Motorcity

« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2021, 10:37:52 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2021, 10:42:38 PM by Motorcity »

This thread having more pages than the voting rights bill thread is further evidence of America's decline
No? America has serious issue but there’s a reason that this thread has more pages

Just about every user on this forum agrees with the H.R 1 Bill in its entirety and thinks it should be passed immediately. The few who don’t have kept quite about it. There really isn’t much to debate. No one here thinks that Lil Nas is more important than voting rights
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2021, 10:40:00 PM »

No? America has serious issue but there’s a reason that this thread has more pages

Just about every user on this forum agrees with the H.R 1 Bill in its entirety and thinks it should be passed immediately. The few who don’t have kept quite about it. There really isn’t much to debate. No one here thinks that little  pixie Lil Nas is more important than voting rights

Pixie? Jesus Christ man, what is this, the 40s?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2021, 10:55:41 PM »

Hardly surprising a guy with such a massive ego would write a song called that.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2021, 11:37:36 PM »

THIS is what the whole thing reminded me of too!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2021, 12:06:21 AM »

This is a very very rare occasion where Noem is correct.

You're kidding, right? She's having a moral panic about satanic shoes. She needs to get a grip.
Quote from: Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Brtd is officially forbidden from ever listen to Emo music other than from Christian bands ever again.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2021, 12:08:27 AM »

are you like 12 or something? serious question
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2021, 12:09:43 AM »

I immediately regret checking this thread. Why do I do this to myself?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2021, 12:11:14 AM »

This is a very very rare occasion where Noem is correct.

You're kidding, right? She's having a moral panic about satanic shoes. She needs to get a grip.
Quote from: Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Brtd is officially forbidden from ever listen to Emo music other than from Christian bands ever again.
Lots of the greatest non-Christian emo bands of all time had Christian members. Like Chris from Mineral, Jeremy from Sunny Day Real Estate, etc. Even if they weren't explicitly Christian the members were still acting through Christ and glorifying Christ with the sheer amazing music they created. Also a lot of members of my church's band play in non-Christian bands as their main bands. However this is not the case if the music is against Christ (like black metal.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies