Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:25:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 26798 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2021, 05:30:22 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 05:33:42 PM »

This is a very very rare occasion where Noem is correct.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 05:39:14 PM »

You're kidding, right? She's having a moral panic about satanic shoes. She needs to get a grip.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 05:45:17 PM »

You're kidding, right? She's having a moral panic about satanic shoes. She needs to get a grip.
Quote from: Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 05:45:57 PM »

So she's not gonna cop these shoes for her positive pants fit?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »

Look at some of the comments on his page, right wing cancel culture at it yet again. Lil Nas X isn't a great musician imo but he sure is a fun troll and seems like a good person too.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 05:53:26 PM »

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Who is this supposed to convince? There's nothing wrong with the shoes, and you and your ilk have no right to judge what other people choose to spend their money on.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 05:54:54 PM »

Who is this supposed to convince? There's nothing wrong with the shoes, and you and your ilk have no right to judge what other people choose to spend their money on.

I dunno, I'm going to say that if you spend $1018 on a pair of shoes you're either quite gullible or lacking in common sense and good decision making skills.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 05:55:02 PM »

This is the same person who told Penn Quaker Girl to abandon Hinduism a few months back. His proselytizing is pretty sub par.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 05:59:33 PM »

Imagine unironically being offended by that music video. Zealots lives must be so f***ing boring.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 06:10:06 PM »

Remind me again how Democrats are the ones who are obsessed with identity politics? Not to mention that she supports Trump who pretty much is the devil incarnate.

Racist Noem is picking a fight with a black person to bolster her "I hate blacks" card to perform better in the primary. Read between the lines.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 06:14:09 PM »

Imagine unironically being offended by that music video. Zealots lives must be so f***ing boring.

You think this is boring?

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 06:18:50 PM »

Your schtick gets boring when you use it to defend Kristi Noem blatantly pandering to some of the worst elements of the US political spectrum.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 06:26:04 PM »

Your schtick gets boring when you use it to defend Kristi Noem blatantly pandering to some of the worst elements of the US political spectrum.

I mean I agree with her in the sense that I'm not ever spending $1,018 on a pair of shoes, Satanic or not.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2021, 06:26:18 PM »

This is the same person who told Penn Quaker Girl to abandon Hinduism a few months back. His proselytizing is pretty sub par.

I'm sorry, what!?

Yeah, everything else aside (& there's a lot of it, but needless thread spamming to up his post count pales in comparison to this), BRTD just earned permanent Mega-HP status in my book. You have no moral right whatsoever to use your enamoration with your own religion to tell somebody else's religion/core values/beliefs off. There's a difference between merely exercising one's religious beliefs & just being a straight-up asshole, & the described incident unquestionably falls on the latter end of that spectrum.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 06:36:53 PM »

The joys of the party of the free market panicking that the free market is allowing the marketing of imagery that it finds distasteful.

If I were to skewer the product in question, it would be much more from a Situationist lens than evangelical fearmongering.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 06:38:17 PM »

The video made me bust ngl
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 06:41:19 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2021, 06:50:42 PM by emotional hardcore »

I'm sorry, what!?

Yeah, everything else aside (& there's a lot of it, but needless thread spamming to up his post count pales in comparison to this), BRTD just earned permanent Mega-HP status in my book. You have no moral right whatsoever to use your enamoration with your own religion to tell somebody else's religion/core values/beliefs off. There's a difference between merely exercising one's religious beliefs & just being a straight-up asshole, & the described incident unquestionably falls on the latter end of that spectrum.

What you're hearing is actually an extreme distortion of what I said, all I did was say that many Indian Christians are the descendants of lower castes and "untouchables" who converted to escape the caste system. The people I referred to as "needing Christ" was not a poster but a demographic who had been polled at heavily voting for Trump.
rhg2052

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 06:50:25 PM »

I don't know what those videos have to do with Lil Nas X or the people offended by his music video, but genuinely yes, just because Hardcore music is loud doesn't make it interesting (to me, you are free to like whatever you want).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2021, 06:53:43 PM »

I don't know what those videos have to do with Lil Nas X or the people offended by his music video, but genuinely yes, just because Hardcore music is loud doesn't make it interesting.

I literally did not know who Lil Nas X was before this thread.

But I'm referring to the claim that zealots are "boring", look at those pits and how crazy those people are going for Jesus Christ! And those videos make me so eager to get back into such pits, so glad I'll be getting the second vaccine dose soon.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 06:55:32 PM »

Well, I guess if she's doing this it keeps her busy instead of mismanaging her state.
rhg2052

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2021, 06:59:12 PM »

I don't know what those videos have to do with Lil Nas X or the people offended by his music video, but genuinely yes, just because Hardcore music is loud doesn't make it interesting.

I literally did not know who Lil Nas X was before this thread.

But I'm referring to the claim that zealots are "boring", look at those pits and how crazy those people are going for Jesus Christ! And those videos make me so eager to get back into such pits, so glad I'll be getting the second vaccine dose soon.

Good for you. I'm getting sleepy just looking at it, I'm so bored by their zealotry.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2021, 07:07:32 PM »

Buying demonic shoes is a really stupid idea. Even if you don’t believe in God or anything like that, it’s still standing out for the sake of standing out which is stupid. Picking a fight over that it’s like saying “911 is bad”. It’s stupid but rubes eat it up.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 07:09:43 PM »

The shoes are dumb, people who buy them are dumber, but BRTD is dumbest.
Pink Panther

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2021, 07:14:58 PM »

I'm sorry, but wasn't the height of the Satanic Scare in the 80's and 90's? Look, I understand Noem is trying to get a base for 2024, and personally, I wouldn't get those shoes(too expensive and design sucks, imo), but that doesn't mean you should rally against some shoes because it "showcases" the how Satan is destroying America. I'm religious, but I don't go after things that has/"may have" Satanic Imagery, since people that like to showcase Satanic Imagery generally either aren't Satanists and just like the imagery, or are just minding their own business(I'm aware there are Satanists who are sick human beings, but from what I've experienced, they're a small minority). It also isn't my right to demeanor people based on religion. Sorry for the paragraph.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies