Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 01:59:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 27585 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2021, 03:32:33 PM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people. I know many who given a choice between Jesus Christ and Lil Nas X would choose Jesus time and time again in a nanosecond.

The choice presented before you isn't Jesus or Lil Nas X. It's Kristi Noem or Lil Nas X. It's a question about freedom of religion, which includes freedom FROM religion.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2021, 03:36:28 PM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people. I know many who given a choice between Jesus Christ and Lil Nas X would choose Jesus time and time again in a nanosecond.

The choice presented before you isn't Jesus or Lil Nas X. It's Kristi Noem or Lil Nas X. It's a question about freedom of religion, which includes freedom FROM religion.

No it's not. I can reject both, in that I would never vote for Kristi Noem, and also reject Lil Nas X in that I'll never listen to him or support anything he creates. And I wouldn't buy these stupid sneakers regardless because I'm not ever spending $1018 on shoes.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2021, 03:42:07 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2021, 03:45:29 PM »

No one is endangering Lil Nas' freedom to profit off of ambiguously-ironic Satanic fashion statements.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2021, 03:58:30 PM »

Also this guy had a much better reply than Noem, that's for sure:

Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2021, 04:00:29 PM »

You mean, like the video in which Lil Nas X defeats Satan?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2021, 04:03:36 PM »

I think I know why BRTD hates South Park so much now. Not only did they mock Family Guy, they also perfectly ridiculed his music tastes:

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2021, 04:04:27 PM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people.

Probably true, but the rest of us are yaaaas kweeeeen. You can reject Lil Nas X if you like. Don't listen to his music, block him on Twitter. It's fine. It won't be hard. I'm old enough to remember Satanic Panic round 1 and when Madonna humped Satan for straight sex, so this is all entertainment now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2021, 04:07:16 PM »

I think I know why BRTD hates South Park so much now. Not only did they mock Family Guy, they also perfectly ridiculed his music tastes:

Uh, no? This sounds awful and like nothing I listen to. And as usual South Park is ridiculous and off the mark if they think all Christian music is like that.

THIS is real Christian music:

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2021, 04:07:59 PM »

I haven't seen his video. I know I'll hate his music anyway so why bother.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2021, 04:12:44 PM »

No it's not. I can reject both, in that I would never vote for Kristi Noem, and also reject Lil Nas X in that I'll never listen to him or support anything he creates. And I wouldn't buy these stupid sneakers regardless because I'm not ever spending $1018 on shoes.

You don't have to like his music and you definitely don't have to buy these shoes (I myself wouldn't pay 100$ for sneakers, let alone 1000$). But Noem is clearly not expressing an opinion of personal taste- "We are in a fight for the soul of our nation. We need to fight hard. And we need to fight smart. We have to win". It's a war for them- and one of the targets is the exercise of the freedom from religion. They want to stamp out any and all expressions of this freedom.

And let me tell you, if you don't fight for the freedom from religion as hard as you fight for the freedom of religion, then you can throw the whole thing in the trash and burn it. It's worthless.

Man.... you made a whole thread and wrote 14 comments in it WITHOUT seeing the video. And you excuse this by "I'll hate the music anyway"? This is some childish behavior.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2021, 04:13:44 PM »

Classic evangelicalism.
“I hate X”
“Have you any idea what X even is”
“No and I don’t want to”
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2021, 04:14:18 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2021, 04:18:05 PM by HisGrace »

Yes, this is silly, but it isn't any less silly than being offended by 50+ year old movies or illustrations in children's books. The lefties acting like it's so ridiculous and inconceivable that anyone would be offended by this need to get some self awareness.

The expectation has been created that there's a right to never be offended. If it exists it has to apply to everyone equally. If these were shoes with a picture of Muhammad on the box (as I said in another thread) or something that offended virtually any other group the left would be the ones leading the charge here.

In my ideal world there's no right to not be offended and people would grow up and move on when something hurt their feelings. But there's no reason evangelical Christians should be the only ones ever expected to do that.

Edit- Also, didn't we have a whole thread of people on here a while ago defending Colin Kaepernick when he got offended by shoes one time? I reiterate, get some self awareness. How dumb you think this looks is how dumb you look to everyone outside your bubble when you go on one of your little pop culture crusades.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2021, 04:14:40 PM »

Anyway, this has probably been said before, but the point Lil Nas is making isn't that he's joining forces with Satan and they're going to go fight for evil, it's that some gays have literally been taught since childhood that being gay was embracing Satan and fighting for evil, that's Inksing self-serving b.s. dished out by people who celebrate their own sexuality while crushing ours, and he's owning his own sexuality and his own story by sliding down to hell and dominating Satan.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2021, 04:15:04 PM »

You don't have to like his music and you definitely don't have to buy these shoes (I myself wouldn't pay 100$ for sneakers, let alone 1000$). But Noem is clearly not expressing an opinion of personal taste- "We are in a fight for the soul of our nation. We need to fight hard. And we need to fight smart. We have to win". It's a war for them- and one of the targets is the exercise of the freedom from religion. They want to stamp out any and all expressions of this freedom.

And let me tell you, if you don't fight for the freedom from religion as hard as you fight for the freedom of religion, then you can throw the whole thing in the trash and burn it. It's worthless.

Man.... you made a whole thread and wrote 14 comments in it WITHOUT seeing the video. And you excuse this by "I'll hate the music anyway"? This is some childish behavior.

Because the thread is about the shoes, not his video.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2021, 04:16:19 PM »

Because the thread is about the shoes, not his video.

Oh. I honestly hadn't considered that.

Well, he's marketing them both together and it's impossible to separate one from the other in people's minds.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2021, 04:16:31 PM »

Classic evangelicalism.
“I hate X”
“Have you any idea what X even is”
“No and I don’t want to”

I know that he's a musician with "Lil" in his name. I have never heard such a musician I actually like, because that indicates rap, and as I've well established I do not like rap music. Now if like Machine Gun Kelly he releases an album in a genre I actually do like then maybe I'll listen to it.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2021, 04:16:41 PM »

Yes, this is silly, but it isn't any less silly than being offended by 50+ year old movies or illustrations in children's books. The lefties acting like it's so ridiculous and inconceivable that anyone would be offended by this need to get some self awareness.

Ah yes all those leftists wishing eternal torture on the readers of Dr Seuss
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2021, 04:18:50 PM »

Shut up. Everybody shut up. This is the only good Christian music.

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2021, 04:35:02 PM »

If you don’t like things, just don’t give them attention.
F. Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »

Nah that’s nothing like the Christian music he listens to. I think this is a much better own:

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2021, 07:44:57 PM »

Does this "Satanic Panic" nonsense exist in other western countries or are American Evangelicals just a special brand of stupid?

It’s illegal in Poland, which is really stupid. People who complain about Cancel Culture haven’t been to Eastern Europe.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2021, 07:53:59 PM »

The expectation has been created that there's a right to never be offended. If it exists it has to apply to everyone equally. If these were shoes with a picture of Muhammad on the box (as I said in another thread) or something that offended virtually any other group the left would be the ones leading the charge here.

In my ideal world there's no right to not be offended and people would grow up and move on when something hurt their feelings. But there's no reason evangelical Christians should be the only ones ever expected to do that.

Edit- Also, didn't we have a whole thread of people on here a while ago defending Colin Kaepernick when he got offended by shoes one time? I reiterate, get some self awareness. How dumb you think this looks is how dumb you look to everyone outside your bubble when you go on one of your little pop culture crusades.

Evangelicals growing up and moving on? Are we talking about the same evangelicals? The ones who cancelled D&D, Pokemon, gay people, and Harry Potter for being satanic influences on our children, a whole 30 years before "cancel culture" even became a thing? Gimme a break.
Motorcity

« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2021, 07:57:10 PM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people.

Probably true, but the rest of us are yaaaas kweeeeen. You can reject Lil Nas X if you like. Don't listen to his music, block him on Twitter. It's fine. It won't be hard. I'm old enough to remember Satanic Panic round 1 and when Madonna humped Satan for straight sex, so this is all entertainment now.
"Kween"? Why are you describing a man as a queen? He's not trans
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2021, 07:58:52 PM »

Shut up. Everybody shut up. This is the only good Christian music.

Oh no, mam. That is not good Christian music. Now listen to this.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies