Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:01:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 27387 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2021, 07:16:15 PM »

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/kristi-noems-disappointing-capitulation/

This nonsense is a "consolation prize" to social conservatives after bailing on her promise to veto a bill prohibiting transgender females in women's sports:

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem speaks at the CPAC conference in Orlando, Fla., February 27, 2021. (Octavio Jones/Reuters)

After the overwhelmingly conservative legislature in South Dakota passed a bill to protect female athletes from being forced to compete against transgender-identified males, Governor Kristi Noem inappropriately used her “style-and-form” veto (typically reserved for small matters of punctuation) to significantly diminish the bill’s ambit.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2021, 07:16:54 PM »

I'm sorry, but wasn't the height of the Satanic Scare in the 80's and 90's? Look, I understand Noem is trying to get a base for 2024, and personally, I wouldn't get those shoes(too expensive and design sucks, imo), but that doesn't mean you should rally against some shoes because it "showcases" the how Satan is destroying America. I'm religious, but I don't go after things that has/"may have" Satanic Imagery, since people that like to showcase Satanic Imagery generally either aren't Satanists and just like the imagery, or are just minding their own business(I'm aware there are Satanists who are sick human beings, but from what I've experienced, they're a small minority). It also isn't my right to demeanor people based on religion. Sorry for the paragraph.

QAnon, with its fixation on surrealist fantasy forms of child abuse, is in some ways a discount Extremely Online revival of the Satanic panic, so perhaps she's appealing to nostalgia among those who may have been around for both.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2021, 07:18:22 PM »

Noem is being so crazy!  Democrats should air ads on tv about how dumb she's being by criticizing Satan blood shoes and the "shoot a child in your mouth" guy.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2021, 07:20:06 PM »

Montero as a song sucks but the music video was hot. Lil Nas X can get it.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 07:23:43 PM »

People in this thread are literally defending "Satan shoes"?  Sure, it's within his First Amendment rights to promote these, but Christians must push back when it means the difference of where someone will spend eternity.

Quote from:  Matthew 12:30-32 (HCSB)
30 Anyone who is not with Me is against Me, and anyone who does not gather with Me scatters. 31 Because of this, I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy, but the blasphemy against[a] the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him. But whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the one to come.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2021, 07:30:47 PM »

Don’t give this homicidal maniac the attention she seeks.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2021, 07:32:07 PM »

I can tell this thread will be very civil and productive
Motorcity

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2021, 07:40:47 PM »

Good. Normally I disagree with Kristi Noem but she’s in the right here

Lil Nas X is going Hell and so is anyone who wears these shoes or even purchases them. I’d like to warn other people too
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2021, 07:43:15 PM »

Noem is being so crazy!  Democrats should air ads on tv about how dumb she's being by criticizing Satan blood shoes and the "shoot a child in your mouth" guy.

Or maybe politicians can just stay in their lane and stop picking fights with artists over non-political things? That aside, where was Noem when Morgan Wallen went on a racist rant? If a politician is going to criticize a celebrity it should be over something like that.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2021, 08:03:55 PM »

I assume Noem is trying to appeal to the evangelical pillar of the Republican party base for 2024, but fortunately I think most voters aren't that enticed by this sort of dumb twitter kayfabe.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2021, 08:27:05 PM »

People in this thread are literally defending "Satan shoes"?  Sure, it's within his First Amendment rights to promote these, but Christians must push back when it means the difference of where someone will spend eternity.

30 Anyone who is not with Me is against Me, and anyone who does not gather with Me scatters. 31 Because of this, I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy, but the blasphemy against[a] the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him. But whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the one to come.
As much as you want it I ain't going there BITCH
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2021, 09:01:08 PM »

My thoughts on this:

1) I dislike both the video and the song by Lil Nas X. Way too demonic and being edgy just to be edgy.

2) The Satanic shoes are extremely dumb and unnecessary.

3) Kristi Noem and any other Trump supporter can go kick rocks. They are hypocrites.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2021, 09:09:09 PM »

Lil Nas X is going Hell and so is anyone who wears these shoes or even purchases them. I’d like to warn other people too

F—king Tennessee LOL
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2021, 09:23:49 PM »

$1,000 for this corny sh**? I hope no one buys it. But given the pull of celebrity culture, it'll probably get enough sales to make a profit
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2021, 09:30:26 PM »

LilNasX appears to be pretty depraved, but you suggest that he committed blasphemy.  Scripturally, committing blasphemy means that there is no further purpose for your life, as you have committed the unpardonable sin.  

LilNasX is still breathing.  He was not struck dead in an instant.  There are a number of Biblical figures that cannot say the same.  Lot's Wife was turned into a Pillar of Salt when she looked back longingly at Sodom.  Judas Iscariot hung himself promptly.  Ananias and Sapphira were struck dead in the congregation after lying about their gift to the Church (introducing a "Poser Spirit" into the Church).  These acts aggrieved the Holy Spirit (the third person of the Godhead) to where their lives had no more meaining.

Scripturally, you can aggrieve God the Father.  You can aggrieve God the Son.  But you cannot aggrieve God the Holy Spirit without committing blasphemy.  LilNasX isn't there yet.

Noem came up with this AFTER failing to veto a bill blocking transgender females (who are biologically male) from competing in women's scholastic sports.  She states that she's against the idea, but she has essentially caved to a number of business and scholastic interests that oppose this bill (even as the citizens of South Dakota support it overwhelmingly).  It's a distraction move to get social conservatives to overlook a significant cave by Noem.  

One can only imagine which other social issues Kristi Noem would cave on should she ever become President.  Especially when Woke Corporations disagree with her professed stance.

Perhaps this episode can be instructive to the rest of the forum here as to why social conservatives and religious conservatives supported Donald Trump.  Whatever Trump's past personal behavior and whatever his personal beliefs, he didn't cave on issues relevant to social and religious conservatives while President.  

The Parable of the Two Sons

28But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. 29He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. 30And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. 31Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. 32For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

Kristi Noem, who has logged more time in Church than Donald Trump, said she would do the Will of the Father, but did not so so after saying she would.  Donald Trump, a man who, to be sure, has partaken of harlots, DID do the Will of the Father while in office, and in more ways than one.  This is my answer to the "mystery" of why Evangelical Christians think highly of Trump, the President, and why they are correct in doing so.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2021, 10:05:48 PM »

This is a very very rare occasion where Noem is correct.

How is this not an obvious example of right wing cancel culture?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2021, 10:31:52 PM »

I can’t tell what’s sadder; people in this thread thinking 'Hell' and 'Satan' are actually real things that people should be concerned about, or BRTD - a 37 year old man - being eager to join a Christian mosh pit.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2021, 10:45:03 PM »

Clown sh**t. Wearing meme sneakers is apparently worth of eternal damnation.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2021, 10:45:52 PM »

Lil Nas X is a king and the new leader of the gay rights movement
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2021, 10:51:12 PM »

Anyways, for ER and MotorCity who do seem to have the right intentions, please don’t give this story more fuel. I hope you both can understand that Noem is trying to fan the flames of this for her own political career, and that by turning these shoes into a culture war, she is only making people more likely to buy these than before.

Heck, maybe Lilnas is even working with her Tongue.

Yes these shoes are a bit much...but don’t encourage it. Like a YouTube troll, this story and this product will only grow with attention. It’s tough because you want to speak out against something like this...but think.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2021, 10:54:00 PM »

I can’t tell what’s sadder; people in this thread thinking 'Hell' and 'Satan' are actually real things that people should be concerned about, or BRTD - a 37 year old man - being eager to join a Christian mosh pit.

Write-in third option: Thinking shoes are uniquely immoral and ungodly while being a frequent customer at various strip clubs while not being self aware enough about one's self and one's own religion to see the irony.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2021, 10:55:40 PM »

This is the most important tweet about this whole thing. Lil Nas X is a king for all this
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2021, 10:59:12 PM »

I prefer Lil NasBol
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2021, 11:02:15 PM »

Write-in third option: Thinking shoes are uniquely immoral and ungodly while being a frequent customer at various strip clubs while not being self aware enough about one's self and one's own religion to see the irony.

Well put. BRTD, not to be taken seriously!
Motorcity

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2021, 11:05:28 PM »

Yes, I believe that Hell and Satan are real and frightens me very much. I’d never associate with anyone who purchased these shoes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies