PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:37:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290103 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5450 on: October 26, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »

Would not be surprised though if Trafalgar uses the debate as an excuse to push out an Oz lead, finally.

Tbh, that's what I expected all along, regardless of the debate. Same with other competitive senate races. Consequently, 538's Deluxe Model will probabkly have an R-lead on the morning of November 8.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5451 on: October 26, 2022, 09:03:48 AM »

Local coverage this morning (CBS3, 6ABC, FOX29) taking a pretty middle-of-the-road stance on the debate.

Saw a clip of Fetterman struggling through an answer on fracking, but also the clip of Oz claiming that "local political leaders" should have a say in abortion rights.

Also somebody strangle me before I have to see any more of these Citizens for Sanity ads.  "John Fetterman, helping killers kill again." 

Give me a break. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5452 on: October 26, 2022, 09:04:41 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2022, 09:08:54 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Would not be surprised though if Trafalgar uses the debate as an excuse to push out an Oz lead, finally.

Tbh, that's what I expected all along, regardless of the debate. Same with other competitive senate races. Consequently, 538's Deluxe Model will probabkly have an R-lead on the morning of November 8.

Lol do you know whom swing voters are in PA Females guess what the Gender gap in GA is since Walker fiasco 51/42, females vote 52/49 more D than men and blks in Philly and Pittsburgh it's not a white men Eday, we as Minority and Ds and Females aren't gonna hold stroke symptoms as like gaffe prone Fetterman wins because the Early voting has already started as I have said many times

Fox news has the power rankings S 51/49 D PA as a net pickup and GA or WI going D
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5453 on: October 26, 2022, 09:10:15 AM »

Local coverage this morning (CBS3, 6ABC, FOX29) taking a pretty middle-of-the-road stance on the debate.

Saw a clip of Fetterman struggling through an answer on fracking, but also the clip of Oz claiming that "local political leaders" should have a say in abortion rights.

Also somebody strangle me before I have to see any more of these Citizens for Sanity ads.  "John Fetterman, helping killers kill again." 

Give me a break. 

the fracking debate is always so interesting to me as a SEPA-er. I assume it's a bigger deal in the West and Central, but over here, it's never been something that I've ever cared about, or anyone that I know seemingly cares about (whether you're pro OR anti fracking), it's just not even brought up as an issue.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5454 on: October 26, 2022, 09:18:33 AM »

Here's how 6ABC (biggest station in Philly) covered it. A fair package.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5455 on: October 26, 2022, 09:23:57 AM »

If someone here made fun of my stutter.. I would be told to grow thicker skin.

I think the A word should be allowed.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5456 on: October 26, 2022, 09:25:20 AM »

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5457 on: October 26, 2022, 09:38:20 AM »

Interesting...

Wow, shocking. The MAGA guy saying he felt Oz was out of touch and didn't live in PA really stuck out to me, and the bar owner saying he was voting for Fetterman and Shapiro despite being a Republican was also interesting. This was a great piece, thanks for posting.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5458 on: October 26, 2022, 09:42:40 AM »

I may invite my boyfriend to this site to help fight against the Republicans here who hate immigrants and people with disabilities.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5459 on: October 26, 2022, 09:45:02 AM »

Interesting...

Wow, shocking. The MAGA guy saying he felt Oz was out of touch and didn't live in PA really stuck out to me, and the bar owner saying he was voting for Fetterman and Shapiro despite being a Republican was also interesting. This was a great piece, thanks for posting.

Yeah, I was struck by the "he's not from here" being a big part of his opinion. People want to say the "crudite" and "muh new jersey" stuff doesn't matter, but I truly believe that Oz not being from PA is still something that sticks with people now. It might not be the "biggest" issue, but it still certainly is a factor.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #5460 on: October 26, 2022, 10:07:22 AM »

Well that didn't make my choice any easier like I hoped it would...

Are you being anti stuttering as well? You should know better

Voters are allowed to judge on anything they want.

And we're allowed to call them <deleted by mod> for making certain judgements.

I know he had a rough time and this race isn't going your way, so I'll let you guys have your coping moments.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #5461 on: October 26, 2022, 10:08:50 AM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5462 on: October 26, 2022, 10:12:38 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how the national media handles this moving forward.  You don't want to act as though Fetterman was at his best, but you also need to remember that he's recovering from a stroke lest you come off as being insensitive. (You as in the media, not citizenZ Tongue)  

Ditto for Team Oz.  I'm sure they'll seize on Fetterman's performance, but IMHO they need to be tactful. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5463 on: October 26, 2022, 10:18:37 AM »

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7016/Which-party-will-win-the-US-Senate-election-in-Pennsylvania-in-2022
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5464 on: October 26, 2022, 10:27:25 AM »

PredictIt also thought Susan Rice would be Biden's VP the day of the announcement.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #5465 on: October 26, 2022, 10:29:49 AM »

Ever since they announced the closure of the site it's been populated more frequently by terminally online right-wingers.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5466 on: October 26, 2022, 10:30:47 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how the national media handles this moving forward.  You don't want to act as though Fetterman was at his best, but you also need to remember that he's recovering from a stroke lest you come off as being insensitive. (You as in the media, not citizenZ Tongue)  

Ditto for Team Oz.  I'm sure they'll seize on Fetterman's performance, but IMHO they need to be tactful. 

Yeah, the thing is, clips of Fetterman's speech have already been cycled around in the right wing atmosphere for months now. The thing with these debates is getting viral moments you can then turn into ads. Oz/GOP can't really do that without looking insensitive.

Also, the tweet above is wrong IMO. Burns whole thing was talking to him without closed captioning, first of all. Secondly, Fetterman clearly understood the conversation last night. He understood what Oz said and what the questions were. It's crazy to me that people still can't seem to understand that this is a *speech* issue and not a *cognitive/understanding* issue. If Fetterman couldn't understand, he wouldn't even understand what the questions were to answer them. Not being able to verbalize something correctly is no sign of cognitive impairment. Again, Susan Collins has a pretty tough time talking with a major speech impediment. Is anyone ever concerned it's about her mental ability? Not at all, nor should they. This shouldn't be hard to figure out, but I understand the GOP wants to throw everything they can at him.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5467 on: October 26, 2022, 10:31:25 AM »

They also have Walker winning the GA race, and Bolduc at like ~35% in NH, so yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock into it.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5468 on: October 26, 2022, 10:35:07 AM »

Thing with Fetterman is..  he can still talk and it would be easy to make minor accommodations for him on the Senate floor during debate that would not be permanent either !

So no.. it's not the same as a blind pilot

Or an autistic doing air traffic controller

Or someone who can't speak English doing customer service
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5469 on: October 26, 2022, 10:42:46 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2022, 10:49:49 AM by Person Man »

Thing with Fetterman is..  he can still talk and it would be easy to make minor accommodations for him on the Senate floor during debate that would not be permanent either !

Heh. Explains why my stepdad failed his ATC certification. He had ADHD but in this instance I’m guessing that being an autist would affect you the same way as having a related yet less divergent status. That is, not being able prioritize in the way you are expected to.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #5470 on: October 26, 2022, 10:44:03 AM »

Thing with Fetterman is..  he can still talk and it would be easy to make minor accommodations for him on the Senate floor during debate that would not be permanent either !

I haven't seen anyone making fun of the fact he had a stroke. But that is a factor for voters to consider, and that doesn't make them bad people for doing so.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5471 on: October 26, 2022, 10:50:13 AM »

Should have been Lamb.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5472 on: October 26, 2022, 10:51:35 AM »

EXCUSE ME...

EVERY ONE ALWAYS USES THAT EXCUSE

Show me your proven abilities to prove hypotheticals
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5473 on: October 26, 2022, 10:54:58 AM »

EXCUSE ME...

EVERY ONE ALWAYS USES THAT EXCUSE

Show me your proven abilities to prove hypotheticals

Well we know Lamb wouldn’t have had a stroke, we knew even at the time he didn’t have the baggage with the black guy and the gun, he had a proven ability to win over moderates and rural voters in PA, etc. May not be able to “prove” he would be doing better but it seems quite likely. Also compare to Shapiro, who the GOP is literally using as an example of a moderate in comparison to Fetterman. That wouldn’t have worked with Lamb.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5474 on: October 26, 2022, 10:57:45 AM »

So...senate seat fifty is looking good, now the GOP should focus on 51, 52, and maybe 53.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies