Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:53:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289646 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2725 on: October 20, 2021, 07:44:03 PM »

We can now firmly put to bed any narrative that he is bouncing back

LOL ITS 400 DAYS TIL THE ELECTION HOW MANY VOTES Trump got 74 to Biden 80M How many votes did Hillary get 65 to Trump 62 M Lol you keep posting online polls a yr away it's annoying

RS only won 50 percent in a Prez once since 1992 it was 2004 you lost 2000/2008/12/16/20

You only won the H PVI since 1992 the Senate has been dead even and we have won the Prez 92/96/08/12/20
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2726 on: October 20, 2021, 07:47:40 PM »

Insert "America loves uncle Joe"
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2727 on: October 20, 2021, 07:53:13 PM »

That’s about what I would expect that output to find him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2728 on: October 20, 2021, 08:48:14 PM »

You are posting R Favored polls if Biden approval were so bad you guys would be ahead in VA and would have won Cali stop posting bad polls a yr before an election
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2729 on: October 21, 2021, 03:35:20 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 06:13:29 AM by Vaccinated Russian Bear »

(A)-rated Fox News confirms the trend giving Biden All-time Low.

https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2021/10/Fox_October-16-19_National_Topline_October-20-Release.pdf

OCT 16-19, 2021
1,003 RV

46 (-4 since Sep)
53 (+4)

Strongly:
21 (-4)
39 (+3)

Favs:
45 (-6 since Aug)
55 (+7)

Covid - 51/46
National Security - 44/53
Uniting the country - 41/56
Taxes - 40/56
Foreign policy - 40/57
Economy - 39/59
Border Security - 35/61
Immigration 34/62

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2730 on: October 21, 2021, 03:48:41 AM »

We can now firmly put to bed any narrative that he is bouncing back

I see you are conveniently ignoring the YouGov/Economist weekly tracker.

I'm pretty sure, you're the one who is ignoring things. On average.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2731 on: October 21, 2021, 05:25:12 AM »

(A)-rated Fox News confirms the trend.
https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2021/10/Fox_October-16-19_National_Topline_October-20-Release.pdf

OCT 16-19, 2021
1,003   RV   

46 (-4 since Sep)
53 (+4)

Strongly:
21 (-4)
39 (+3)

Favs:
45 (-6 since Aug)
55 (+7)

Covid - 51/46
National Security - 44/53
Uniting the country - 41/56
Taxes - 40/56
Foreign policy - 40/57
Economy - 39/59
Border Security - 35/61
Immigration 34/62

The trend is real, but should also be noted that this poll is more R-leaning than their last poll, and had a literal 10% drop in who identified as 'strong democrat'.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2732 on: October 21, 2021, 05:54:51 AM »

Trend

47 (-3 since Sep)
51 (+3)

All-time low for Biden even in this poll.
Hollywood
« Reply #2733 on: October 21, 2021, 06:11:08 AM »

-4 since last month in Fox News, which has been left-leaning. Yikes!

Actually, this Fox poll was a bit more R-leaning than the last in Identification.

That's not unusual from other polls taken this year, because Fox and other pollsters are also measuring the generic congressional ballot (which party voters support).  There's been a trend towards voters identifying as Republican and away from the Democrat Party.  

The trend from Democrat to Republican is pretty obvious when one looks at independent voters in the Fox News Poll.  Biden's approval is 36-62% among independents in the Fox News Poll.  Biden does not really have strong support among Independents (9%), and only 45% among Democrats.   This tells me the numbers could get worse.  

It's a brutal poll.  
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2734 on: October 21, 2021, 06:25:58 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 06:31:08 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Actually, this Fox poll was a bit more R-leaning than the last in Identification.

That's not unusual from other polls taken this year, because Fox and other pollsters are also measuring the generic congressional ballot (which party voters support).  There's been a trend towards voters identifying as Republican and away from the Democrat Party.  

The trend from Democrat to Republican is pretty obvious when one looks at independent voters in the Fox News Poll.  Biden's approval is 36-62% among independents in the Fox News Poll.  Biden does not really have strong support among Independents (9%), and only 45% among Democrats.   This tells me the numbers could get worse.  

It's a brutal poll.  

Lol, you are really looking at polls a yr before Election day, where we're all these R pollsters when Pollster and Sir Muhommed put in 61 percent approvals

RS only come on here when Biden is supbar we are 400 days out from Midterms and 1500 days out,RS haven't  lead in a single swing state Sen poll except NH

Lost Cali by a Landslide and is tied in VA, if there was a Red wave we would have isn't Cali recall which we didnt

It's the same pollsters all the time rehashing same pols a yr before an election

We certainly don't want Trump back he had Bush W Approvals when he left office
Hollywood
« Reply #2735 on: October 21, 2021, 08:45:15 AM »

It's a brutal poll.  

Lol, you are really looking at polls a yr before Election day, where we're all these R pollsters when Pollster and Sir Muhommed put in 61 percent approvals

RS only come on here when Biden is supbar we are 400 days out from Midterms and 1500 days out,RS haven't  lead in a single swing state Sen poll except NH

Lost Cali by a Landslide and is tied in VA, if there was a Red wave we would have isn't Cali recall which we didnt

It's the same pollsters all the time rehashing same pols a yr before an election

It's pretty silly for you to attack me or anyone for posting in a +100 page thread about Joe Biden's approval ratings. 

If you're tired of a thread where the same pollsters and polls are repeatedly posted, then don't post in the thread.  Some people like to examine the numbers and look for trends.  You don't have to start a political dogfight every time a poll is posted. 

So you're saying there would have been a California recall if there was a red wave?  No.  What you're describing is Reagan. 

I have no idea why you started gobbling about Trump and Bush.  I feel like you contorted yourself into a pretzel just so you could make some point about Trump.  We get it.  You don't like Trump.  A lot of posters feel the same way.  We can always swing back to him when someone makes a relevant point or comparison about his approvals ratings.  Can we move on?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2736 on: October 21, 2021, 09:17:34 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 09:21:16 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

It's a brutal poll.  

It's pretty silly for you to attack me or anyone for posting in a +100 page thread about Joe Biden's approval ratings.  

If you're tired of a thread where the same pollsters and polls are repeatedly posted, then don't post in the thread.  Some people like to examine the numbers and look for trends.  You don't have to start a political dogfight every time a poll is posted.  

So you're saying there would have been a California recall if there was a red wave?  No.  What you're describing is Reagan.  

I have no idea why you started gobbling about Trump and Bush.  I feel like you contorted yourself into a pretzel just so you could make some point about Trump.  We get it.  You don't like Trump.  A lot of posters feel the same way.  We can always swing back to him when someone makes a relevant point or comparison about his approvals ratings.  Can we move on?

I can.post anywhere I please, The Da cut all the UBI payments and hopes that the Labor shortages go away and they're asking for still Avt blue which O will no longer be s part of

But if you are gonna go off poll a yr before the Election Hillary would still be Prez, we are giving out opinions not facts just like the 304 blue wall is hogwah especially in NH and MI Hassan and Whitmer Haven't load in a single poll, Chris Christie and Andy Beshear and Rainer all won in a Midterms

Just like they can post silly online polls a yr before an Election, are you a politician that gets paid, are you a midtator that's helps out Virginia, no you're not, you have your opinion that's not favt
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2737 on: October 21, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »

Kinda surprised they only had him up +3 in July, that was still close to honeymoon territory (~+10 average on 538)

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2738 on: October 21, 2021, 09:40:04 AM »

Main driver of Biden's decline in approvals seem Independents. It would be nice to see more data on said group where they stand politically and why they're disapproving of him. That for sure goes beyond the Afghanistan debacle. Some could be progressives disappointed at the lack of progress. That's not the whole picture though.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2739 on: October 21, 2021, 09:45:47 AM »

All-time low from (B+)-rated CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/21/bidens-support-fading-fast-as-cnbc-survey-finds-concerns-on-the-economy-covid-and-inflation.html

OCT 14-17, 2021
800 A

41 (-7 vs Aug)
52 (+7)

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2740 on: October 21, 2021, 09:47:51 AM »

Poor Wbrocks  ;(
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2741 on: October 21, 2021, 09:54:30 AM »

I already posted the poll above and it was from July, not August
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2742 on: October 21, 2021, 10:41:20 AM »

If you want to see why I have not responded...

I pay attention largely to statewide polling  The states elect the President, and the people do not. That explains why Dubya won in 2000 and Trump won in 2016. Indeed, Trump came close to winning the Presidency in 2020 despite being down nearly 7 million in the popular vote and Biden winning an absolute majority of the vote.

The Founding Fathers established a federal system for determining who became President. It was wise then because comparatively few people voted. The slave-owning interests wanted their two-legged property to be represented even if that property could never vote to put slavery at risk of abolition by law. 

In our time we pay attention to swing states and not so much the margin in California or Texas unless some trend is obvious. With the Electoral College it does not matter whether a Democrat wins California or New York by 55-43 or 77-20. What matters more is that someone gets or does not get an edge in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin.

That is why I use a map. I have seen few statewide polls recently. The statewide polls that I have on my most recent map show a near-landslide for the GOP. My statewide map always lags the dynamic reality; such is its nature. It shows a generic Republican winning Minnesota.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2743 on: October 21, 2021, 10:42:34 AM »

Biden Has Lost Support Across All Groups Of Americans — But Especially Independents And Hispanics
Over his first nine months in office, President Biden has lost support among Americans of all stripes — men and women, Black voters and white voters, Zoomers and Baby Boomers. Even Democrats writ large are more disenchanted. But two groups with whom Biden has lost support stand out: independents and Hispanics. Independents have soured on Biden to the extent that his approval ratings among this group approach the strongly negative ratings they gave then-President Donald Trump at the same point in his presidency, while increased disapproval of Biden among Hispanics could signal they are moving further away from Democrats after they shifted somewhat toward Trump and the GOP last November.
But our hyperpolarized political environment could make it challenging for Biden to regain the support he’s lost since taking office. In fact, while Biden’s approval rating has seemingly stabilized in the mid-to-low 40s, there’s also no indication that his approval rating is about to bounce back. And part of that comes down to Biden’s rough numbers among independents and Hispanics, in addition to his standing on important issues like COVID-19 and the economy.
Huh? But YouGov poll!!!

Biden has lost ground among almost every single demographic group over the past few months, but independents and Hispanics stick out as two key groups where Biden’s standing has especially faltered. For Democrats looking ahead to the 2022 midterms, Biden’s overall approval rating is concerning enough, but if Biden is struggling to win independents and Hispanics, that could snuff out any hope Democrats have of holding either chamber of Congress. After all, independents backed Democrats in the 2018 midterms and Biden last November, and even though Republicans made gains with Hispanics in places like Texas’s Rio Grande Valley, Hispanics still largely backed Biden and helped him win in key swing states, like Arizona. But if Republicans can capitalize on Biden’s weakness among these groups, that could be their ticket back to controlling Congress next year.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2744 on: October 21, 2021, 11:09:38 AM »

Biden needs to make his presence known and do something for the people. I'm sure there are some executive orders he could sign, why is he not taking advantage of that power like Trump and Obama?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2745 on: October 21, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »

Biden needs to make his presence known and do something for the people. I'm sure there are some executive orders he could sign, why is he not taking advantage of that power like Trump and Obama?

I'm surprised he hasn't done a primetime address.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2746 on: October 21, 2021, 01:11:30 PM »

ARG economic survey (monthly), Oct. 17-20, 1100 adults including 992 RV

Adults:

Approve 47 (-3)
Disapprove 47 (+1)

RV:

Approve 47 (-4)
Disapprove 48 (+2)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #2747 on: October 21, 2021, 01:34:12 PM »

Not bad…. Seems he is hovering around 44-47
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2748 on: October 21, 2021, 01:48:37 PM »

Some bad news for Biden in the recent polling

His standing with educated white voters is starting to crack

He’s underwater with them by 6 in the fox poll, and in other polls it’s about even.

If he drops with them, that eliminates won 2022 dem advantage
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2749 on: October 21, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »

ARG economic survey (monthly), Oct. 17-20, 1100 adults including 992 RV

Adults:

Approve 47 (-3)
Disapprove 47 (+1)

RV:

Approve 47 (-4)
Disapprove 48 (+2)

FWIW, it's also all-time low for Biden in ARG.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies