Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:05:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267991 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4700 on: January 06, 2021, 12:43:45 AM »

Ugh hopefully Manchin uses his power to stop the left wing agenda and force a more centrist agenda to pass

Biden's agenda is already fairly centrist. It's like some Republicans forget who won the primaries.

Yah centrist compared to how far left the Democratic Party has become but it’s still much to the left of the Democratic Party circa 2015

2015? I really don't get the sense the party has moved all that left since then. Bernie lost twice, "The Squad" doesn't have any power within the party. The leftists may be loud but they are hardly pulling the strings of the party.

Look at how far left the democrats have moved on social issues since then , as well as the fact many in the party are for Court packing .

Even on other issues such as healthcare , the centrist position now is the public option while in 2015 that was the position of the progressive wing of the party . Even things like the green new deal which would have been nuts in 2015 are being entertained now

Yes, how far left-wing we've gone supporting gay marriage and anti-discrimination against gays. Positively communistic social policy! Oh wait...

Whereas Republicans movement on social policy has been more on the front of rejecting the results of free and fair elections and a functioning democracy in favor of a literally fascist authoritarian Cult of Personality. Not at all radical!

Boy, you sure have a good point though about the public option being the middle of the road option, and the green new deal , the real version, not the BS Fox News version suckers like you actually believe exist, is a bit radical. If only Democrats had perhaps nominated a candidate that supported the public option over Medicaid for all and wouldn't endorse the green New Deal, over a candidate that supported both. Oh, wait again....

Seriously beep boop, do you ever once even think about what you're saying before you post? Even slightly? Serious questions.

I repeat, silence Republican!
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4701 on: January 06, 2021, 12:43:51 AM »

So it sounds like you guys think the Dems are taking both of these? I'm still seeing people say Perdue/Ossoff is a dead heat. I'm assuming the remaining ballots favor the Dems?

Really hoping the Dems win for a full repudiation of Trump. If the Republicans want to do better run with a non-insane candidate at the top of the ticket next time.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #4702 on: January 06, 2021, 12:44:01 AM »

I know Garland is considered a favorite for AG, though I'm skeptical. Wonder if he finally gets his SCOTUS seat if Breyer retires.
No, Biden has pledged to pick a Black woman and Garland was a compromise pick that Obama made. If Biden doesn't pick a Black woman, most Black voters and probably most Democratic voters will be outraged.

He did? Source?
有爭議嘅領土 of The Figgis Agency
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4703 on: January 06, 2021, 12:44:13 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 12:54:19 AM by khuzifenq »

Ugh hopefully Manchin uses his power to stop the left wing agenda and force a more centrist agenda to pass

Biden's agenda is already fairly centrist. It's like some Republicans forget who won the primaries.

Yah centrist compared to how far left the Democratic Party has become but it’s still much to the left of the Democratic Party circa 2015

2015? I really don't get the sense the party has moved all that left since then. Bernie lost twice, "The Squad" doesn't have any power within the party. The leftists may be loud but they are hardly pulling the strings of the party.

Look at how far left the democrats have moved on social issues since then , as well as the fact many in the party are for Court packing .

Even on other issues such as healthcare , the centrist position now is the public option while in 2015 that was the position of the progressive wing of the party . Even things like the green new deal which would have been nuts in 2015 are being entertained now

Bro the Green New Deal (or something similar in terms of green energy infrastructure development) should've been passed 20 years ago.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4704 on: January 06, 2021, 12:44:41 AM »

I suddenly have a craving for some peach flavored MAGA tears.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4705 on: January 06, 2021, 12:44:51 AM »

PERRY BACON JR.
JAN. 6, 12:39 AM
Warnock mentions Morehouse College, John Lewis and Martin Luther King Jr. at the top of his speech. “Georgia, I am honored,” he says, basically declaring victory.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4706 on: January 06, 2021, 12:45:08 AM »

Yeah OSR doesn't have to worry. The policies of supporting the genocide in Yemen and letting people die because they can't afford insulin are safe with you.

On the night we win the Senate you really want to talk about how a Democrat Senate is just as bad as a Republican Senate.

Absolutely not. Alben Barkley was saying s***t that deserved a response.

He might just be an asshole and make me feel bad I ever defended him.
Alben Barkley is right about the true significance of the squad and the Left of the party. Sorry to say it, but it's true. If anything, I admire his brutal honesty.

But it's not brutal honesty. It was a photo that right wing media played up. No different then if Ossoff and Warnock get called "the brothers" since they referenced that and it gets manipulated in a racist way because of one comment made off hand.

Wait WTF? How did I become the asshole here? What photo? What are you talking about? You just said the "Squad" was some right-wing term when as far as I can tell, the term directly originates from AOC labeling a photo she took of the four of them "Squad" HERSELF on Instagram! How does that make me the bad guy? What did I say that was wrong? Is there some misunderstanding here?

Now you can disagree with my analysis of the party's left wing all you want, that's fine. But I wasn't even in this context trying to say it in a disparaging manner, "brutally honest" or otherwise, wasn't even talking to left-wingers here at all. I was just trying to say to OSR that Bernie and the Squad's influence in the party is overblown in media, including right-wing media as you even seemed to allude to. As of now at least, their wing is very much the minority of the party. Not saying it's impossible that will ever change, not even trying to start a debate as to whether it's good or bad, but as of now I just disagree with OSR's assertion that the Democratic Party as a whole is way to the left of where it was in 2015. That's all I'm saying.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #4707 on: January 06, 2021, 12:45:15 AM »

I know Garland is considered a favorite for AG, though I'm skeptical. Wonder if he finally gets his SCOTUS seat if Breyer retires.
No, Biden has pledged to pick a Black woman and Garland was a compromise pick that Obama made. If Biden doesn't pick a Black woman, most Black voters and probably most Democratic voters will be outraged.

He did? Source?
He did it on stage at one of the debates.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/problem-biden-s-pledge-black-woman-justice-n1200826
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #4708 on: January 06, 2021, 12:45:23 AM »

So it sounds like you guys think the Dems are taking both of these? I'm still seeing people say Perdue/Ossoff is a dead heat. I'm assuming the remaining ballots favor the Dems?

Really hoping the Dems win for a full repudiation of Trump. If the Republicans want to do better run with a non-insane candidate at the top of the ticket next time.

Nate Cohn's estimates on whats left:

Flo 2.0
Soje
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4709 on: January 06, 2021, 12:45:27 AM »

where is griffins gif when we need it the most?
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #4710 on: January 06, 2021, 12:45:54 AM »

He did? Source?
He did it on stage at one of the debates.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/problem-biden-s-pledge-black-woman-justice-n1200826

My apologies, I was thinking of Attorney General for some reason. I remember that moment.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4711 on: January 06, 2021, 12:46:03 AM »

Yeah OSR doesn't have to worry. The policies of supporting the genocide in Yemen and letting people die because they can't afford insulin are safe with you.

On the night we win the Senate you really want to talk about how a Democrat Senate is just as bad as a Republican Senate.

Absolutely not. Alben Barkley was saying s***t that deserved a response.

He might just be an asshole and make me feel bad I ever defended him.
Alben Barkley is right about the true significance of the squad and the Left of the party. Sorry to say it, but it's true. If anything, I admire his brutal honesty.

But it's not brutal honesty. It was a photo that right wing media played up. No different then if Ossoff and Warnock get called "the brothers" since they referenced that and it gets manipulated in a racist way because of one comment made off hand.
I don't have a horse in this besides the "how much power does the left have" question. It's fair to say that the actual influence that folks like AOC have is indeed exagerrated and the perception that they have this level of power is due to the media giving them a huge megaphone.

Sorry, your dinosaur ideology is on the way out. There's a reason Biden's platform was the "most progressive" in history, anything else would have lost him the election. Americans have realized how much of a failure the current paradigm is for any aspect of a functional society, and we're just in the first cycle of it beginning to be replaced.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #4712 on: January 06, 2021, 12:46:09 AM »

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #4713 on: January 06, 2021, 12:46:18 AM »

Loeffler be like
n1240

« Reply #4714 on: January 06, 2021, 12:46:24 AM »

mail votes from Coffee 669-561 Ossoff
e-day votes from Fulton 261-80 Ossoff

statewide lead down to 1100
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4715 on: January 06, 2021, 12:46:48 AM »

PERRY BACON JR.
JAN. 6, 12:39 AM
Warnock mentions Morehouse College, John Lewis and Martin Luther King Jr. at the top of his speech. “Georgia, I am honored,” he says, basically declaring victory.

I firmly believe that the outcome of the presidential and Senatorial races in Georgia is John Lewis' final revenge. Trump reaped what he sowed by insulting Lewis while he lived.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4716 on: January 06, 2021, 12:47:04 AM »

Warnock could be defeated in 2022, so GA will be watched for a while.

Also, Ossoff could be a Senate lifer, or future presidential ticket member.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4717 on: January 06, 2021, 12:47:05 AM »

Silence Republican! Lake all members of your party, you have Giro moral Authority, as in none whatsoever, to complain about how the opposing party has supposedly embraced extremism.

The 2017 tax reform , deregulation were clealry good things and not far right

Your extremism AND privilege are both showing.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #4718 on: January 06, 2021, 12:47:22 AM »

I suddenly have a craving for some peach flavored MAGA tears.
Talk to Buzz about shipping you some.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4719 on: January 06, 2021, 12:47:22 AM »

where is griffins gif when we need it the most?
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #4720 on: January 06, 2021, 12:47:28 AM »

I had ZERO faith in Georgia on all levels leading up to election night. I put no faith in Georgia for this runoff. And Georgia had proven me wrong at every turn. I am so thrilled and thankful for Georgia helping save this country!! These wins are as sweet as it gets!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4721 on: January 06, 2021, 12:47:44 AM »

It feels good that with such a divided Congress, Biden and Pelosi rather than some inexperienced newbies will be the ones in charge of corralling the votes. I don’t know much about Chuck Schumer, he hasn’t had a chance to shine yet but now does-he better not let us down.
Catalyst138
United States

« Reply #4722 on: January 06, 2021, 12:48:17 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 12:52:34 AM by Catalyst138 »

I firmly believe that the outcome of the presidential and Senatorial races in Georgia is John Lewis' final revenge. Trump reaped what he sowed by insulting Lewis while he lived.

Replace the word "Lewis" with "McCain" and this post also applies to Arizona.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4723 on: January 06, 2021, 12:48:48 AM »

It feels good that with such a divided Congress, Biden and Pelosi rather than some inexperienced newbies will be the ones in charge of corralling the votes. I don’t know much about Chuck Schumer, he hasn’t had a chance to shine yet but now does-he better not let us down.

I wouldn't mind some back stabbing to replace him. He's been an utter disappointment.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4724 on: January 06, 2021, 12:49:23 AM »

Right now Perdue and Ossoff are basically tied in total votes but this is basically a similar situation to when Trump and Biden were virtually tied in PA; the outstanding vote is extremely D

IMO, the most likely chance of a Perdue comeback is some tabulation error
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies