Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:01:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267464 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4625 on: January 06, 2021, 12:25:42 AM »

Ugh hopefully Manchin uses his power to stop the left wing agenda and force a more centrist agenda to pass

Biden's agenda is already fairly centrist. It's like some Republicans forget who won the primaries.

Yah centrist compared to how far left the Democratic Party has become but it’s still much to the left of the Democratic Party circa 2015

2015? I really don't get the sense the party has moved all that left since then. Bernie lost twice, "The Squad" doesn't have any power within the party. The leftists may be loud but they are hardly pulling the strings of the party.

Look at how far left the democrats have moved on social issues since then , as well as the fact many in the party are for Court packing .

Even on other issues such as healthcare , the centrist position now is the public option while in 2015 that was the position of the progressive wing of the party . Even things like the green new deal which would have been nuts in 2015 are being entertained now
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4626 on: January 06, 2021, 12:25:46 AM »

CNN says there's 50k votes left in the Atlanta metro. No way Perdue's lead withstands that.

So can MM please shut up now?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4627 on: January 06, 2021, 12:26:02 AM »

Ugh hopefully Manchin uses his power to stop the left wing agenda and force a more centrist agenda to pass

Biden's agenda is already fairly centrist. It's like some Republicans forget who won the primaries.

Yah centrist compared to how far left the Democratic Party has become but it’s still much to the left of the Democratic Party circa 2015

2015? I really don't get the sense the party has moved all that left since then. Bernie lost twice, "The Squad" doesn't have any power within the party. The leftists may be loud but they are hardly pulling the strings of the party.

I want to rec this but using right wing terms like "squad" means I can't in good faith.

LOL what? They refer to themselves as the Squad!

Ok but horseshoe theory renders that point moot. Don't let Republicans define Democrats, even if some Democrats are stupid.

But they even coined the term? I'm confused as to why you think the right came up with it.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #4628 on: January 06, 2021, 12:26:09 AM »

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #4629 on: January 06, 2021, 12:26:13 AM »

Just got off the phone with my comrades in the Soros Squad down in Atlanta. They're currently sitting on an emergency 50K Warnock/Ossoff "votes" to dump just in case. Smile
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #4630 on: January 06, 2021, 12:26:22 AM »

I’d like to point out that Ossoff is Jewish. So a state with a notorious history of lynching Jews and blacks has just elected them to the senate for the first time at the same time

To be fair, I think there was only one high-profile Jewish victim of lynching, Leo Frank, and you can't really compare that to what African-Americans experienced over time. 

Now we’re going to have a Jewish majority leader as well. And Secretary of State, secretary of the treasury, secretary of homeland security, chief of staff, and second gentleman.

True, but we kind of have that now with Jared Kushner.

Biden’s son in laws are both Jewish actually too I think
Catalyst138
United States

« Reply #4631 on: January 06, 2021, 12:27:03 AM »

How long until Ossoff runs for President?

16 years, but a plagiarism scandal might force him to drop out. 20 years later, he'll run again & end up getting the VP slot. 12 years after that, he'll be elected President.

You know I was actually just thinking this is kinda similar to Joe's first win. Really close win against an incumbent by a really young guy who will probably stick around for a while.

And in a Democratic trending state.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4632 on: January 06, 2021, 12:27:29 AM »

Yeah OSR doesn't have to worry. The policies of supporting the genocide in Yemen and letting people die because they can't afford insulin are safe with you.

Aw come on, can we not just have one night without the in-fighting that I'm sure will get real intense soon enough?

Oh yeah, let's do that. *Scrolls up*

🤔
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4633 on: January 06, 2021, 12:27:32 AM »

When does Ossoff take the statewide lead?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4634 on: January 06, 2021, 12:27:42 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 12:32:00 AM by We Made PA Blue Again! »

Winning these runoffs is really nice, but it still doesn't take away the fact that the 2020 election was still a disappointing event for down ballot Dems.

We failed to take the Senate even though we were favored, and we lost a ton of amazing people in the House.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4635 on: January 06, 2021, 12:28:12 AM »

I want to rec this but using right wing terms like "squad" means I can't in good faith.

LOL what? They refer to themselves as the Squad!

Ok but horseshoe theory renders that point moot. Don't let Republicans define Democrats, even if some Democrats are stupid.

But they even coined the term? I'm confused as to why you think the right came up with it.

They didn't, right wing media coined the term. Don't be obtuse.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4636 on: January 06, 2021, 12:28:39 AM »

Yeah OSR doesn't have to worry. The policies of supporting the genocide in Yemen and letting people die because they can't afford insulin are safe with you.

On the night we win the Senate you really want to talk about how a Democrat Senate is just as bad as a Republican Senate.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4637 on: January 06, 2021, 12:28:44 AM »

I do think Rs start off as favorites for GA-SEN and GOV in 2022 but I suspect those will be the last statewide R wins (if they win at all) for a long time in Georgia. Weird to think that Ossoff may well be starting a lifer senate career.

Really curious to see how Kemp does
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #4638 on: January 06, 2021, 12:28:49 AM »

Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4639 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:02 AM »

Tonight I'm praising the god I pray to. I feel safer as an LGBT American now than I did when I woke up this morning. That $2,000 check is going to put a massive dent in a health insurance deductible I can't afford. Thank you thank you thank you to every Georgian who voted for Ossoff and Warnock.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4640 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:03 AM »

I do think Rs start off as favorites for GA-SEN and GOV in 2022 but I suspect those will be the last statewide R wins (if they win at all) for a long time in Georgia. Weird to think that Ossoff may well be starting a lifer senate career.

Why would you think that.
I mean...because it’s a Biden midterm lol? I get that GA is trending D but I suspect the national environment will be more of a shift than that over the next two years. Plus Trumpism probably sped up the trend to some extent. I’m not saying Ds can’t win but it’s hard to imagine they’ll be favored in a vacuum.

It was "a Bush midterm" when Max Cleland was defeated. Don't buy into nonsense.

2002 was the best election night for the GOP since 1994 though and a midterm like 2002 is extremely rare for a party to have .

Also Georgia in 2000 was clearly more republican than Georgia is democratic today
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4641 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:05 AM »

What a slobberknocker.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4642 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:10 AM »

It's astonishing how this double-barreled victory for Ossoff and Warnock constitute the first Democratic Senate victories in Georgia since 2000. And Ossoff and Warnock have achieved these victories with a radically different coalition than that which Zell Miller possessed against Mack Mattingly.
Omolloy
Rookie
« Reply #4643 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:16 AM »

I agree with the post in general, but the headline about Republican dominance on the state level is quite reasonable.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4644 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:21 AM »

Look at how far left the democrats have moved on social issues since then , as well as the fact many in the party are for Court packing .

Even on other issues such as healthcare , the centrist position now is the public option while in 2015 that was the position of the progressive wing of the party . Even things like the green new deal which would have been nuts in 2015 are being entertained now

The party's actual policies that get passed are still very much centrist or center-right. What "many" in the party are saying is meaningless when it's not what they do once elected.
n1240

« Reply #4645 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:25 AM »

probably whenever Henry/DeKalb post more mail votes (or in DeKalb's case, early in-person).
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #4646 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:39 AM »

Nancy Pelosi supported single-payer all the way back in 1994, so if she’s any indication the party leadership has moved to the left not right.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4647 on: January 06, 2021, 12:29:54 AM »

I'd argue it's still an underratedly Southern state even today.

The north half maybe. Southern FL is definitely not "Southern"

The northern third at most. As in a county or three south of Gainesville tops
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4648 on: January 06, 2021, 12:30:17 AM »

Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4649 on: January 06, 2021, 12:30:24 AM »

On the night we win the Senate you really want to talk about how a Democrat Senate is just as bad as a Republican Senate.

Absolutely not. Alben Barkley was saying s***t that deserved a response.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies