Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:25:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267107 times)
forsythvoter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: December 31, 2020, 04:25:23 PM »

Random question how much better would Johney Isakson be doing against Warnock compared to Loeffler?

Isakson would have been easily reelected (in 2022, that is, when his term would have expired).

I agree with this. Isakson would be a shoo-in. I still have good memories of him as a Congressman back in the early 2000s - he's conservative but sensible and pragmatic. I wish we had more senators with his mindset around, independent of political leaning.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1826 on: December 31, 2020, 04:36:56 PM »

Loeffler is heavily campaigning for her seat, while Perdue's strategy is run down the clock. Ossoff seems to have the most energy on the Dem side compared to Warnock. I wonder how a Perdue vs Warnock/ Loeffler vs Ossoff scenario would go down though.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1827 on: December 31, 2020, 04:37:53 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 04:44:25 PM by ProgressiveModerate »

If the e-day vote broke as it did in the GE, Perdue and Loeffler would need a turnout of about 1.4 million on e-day according to my model, up about a million from yesterday.

I would say at this point, I would rather be Ossoff and Warnock based on the raw statistics, though history makes me think twice.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1828 on: December 31, 2020, 04:56:45 PM »

Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

« Reply #1829 on: December 31, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »

Not a hot take, but you are completely right about Ossoff doing (slightly) better than Warnock.. Although both will still lose.
Cyrusman
« Reply #1830 on: December 31, 2020, 05:21:18 PM »

Random question how much better would Johney Isakson be doing against Warnock compared to Loeffler?

Isakson would have been easily reelected (in 2022, that is, when his term would have expired).

I agree with this. Isakson would be a shoo-in. I still have good memories of him as a Congressman back in the early 2000s - he's conservative but sensible and pragmatic. I wish we had more senators with his mindset around, independent of political leaning.

What made him such a strong candidate? He overperformed Trump by 8 points in 2016
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #1831 on: December 31, 2020, 06:22:13 PM »

What made him such a strong candidate? He overperformed Trump by 8 points in 2016

Incumbency, weak opponents in all three of his Senate races, and the fact that he got along well with the other side.  I voted for him two out of the three times.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1832 on: December 31, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 06:42:45 PM by roxas11 »

To be fair- I think she took a photo with a khan guy (without knowing he was).  But considering her unfounded attacks against Warnock- I'm good with everyone thinking she is a Klan sympathizer!

Chester Doles was not just some unknown nobody. He was the former leader of the Ku Klux Klan who was sentenced to prison for the 1993 beating of a black man. He also recently marched at the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville in 2017. “

he has been involed with the KKK for decades and has done everything except keep a low profile

I dont believe for 1 second that her enitre campaign and security team had no idea who this guy was......

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1833 on: December 31, 2020, 07:07:49 PM »

Incumbency, weak opponents in all three of his Senate races, and the fact that he got along well with the other side.  I voted for him two out of the three times.

Isakson was relatively moderate and someone who was liked and respected by both sides of the aisle.  But if he was running for the first time now, I doubt that he'd win a Republican primary unless he changed some of his positions (the big one being that he was pro-choice).
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1834 on: December 31, 2020, 07:33:11 PM »

Funfact: More voters who didn't vote in the 2020 GE have voted in these runoffs thus far than people who voted on e-day in the GE.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1835 on: December 31, 2020, 07:40:44 PM »

Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1836 on: December 31, 2020, 07:41:34 PM »

I love the fact that Ossoff brought this up, it's much better than whatever the Dems were doing before, gotta say that he's running an A+ campaign so far
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1837 on: December 31, 2020, 07:53:25 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 08:14:54 PM by UWS »

Warnock and Ossoff also campaigned with Joe Biden, a man who said that any African-American voting Republican is not African-American, who said in 1977 that certain de-segregation policies would cause his children to grow up 'in a racial jungle', opposed busing, who worked with Dixiecrats and segregationists who imposed Jim Crow laws, who authored the 1994 crime bill that increased mass incarceration and racial disparities in the criminal justice system. As far as I know, we never heard them calling out that record.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1838 on: December 31, 2020, 07:55:32 PM »

If loeffler being pictured with kkk folks is fair game, why isn’t Warnock’s association with Jeremiah wright and Louis Farrakhan.

This is the problem with this board. You guys let your personal bias affect your analysis of the race

I try to come here for objective input, and it’s a dem circle jerk at times
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1839 on: December 31, 2020, 08:02:30 PM »

If loeffler being pictured with kkk folks is fair game, why isn’t Warnock’s association with Jeremiah wright and Louis Farrakhan.

This is the problem with this board. You guys let your personal bias affect your analysis of the race

I try to come here for objective input, and it’s a dem circle jerk at times

Loeffler has an ad hammering Warnock for his association with Jeremiah Wright.  I get that ad on my phone at least 10 times a day.  I'm sure you can find it on YouTube.

As for your second complaint, I'm sure some people here post analysis that's influenced by their partisanship.  However, you give the impression that you're rejecting analysis by all Democrats here, even though there are a number of us who do our best to be objective regardless of our political leanings.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #1840 on: December 31, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »

Warnock and Ossoff also campaigned with Joe Biden, a man who said that any African-American voting Republican is not African-American, who said in 1977 that certain de-segregation policies would cause his children to grow up 'in a racial jungle', opposed busing, who worked with Dixiecrats like Storm Thurmond who imposed Jim Crow laws, who authored the 1994 crime bill that increased mass incarceration and racial disparities in the criminal justice system. As far as I know, we never heard them calling out that record.

for one of many things, Strom Thurmond was a longtime Republican
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1841 on: December 31, 2020, 08:54:39 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 08:58:35 PM by roxas11 »

Warnock and Ossoff also campaigned with Joe Biden, a man who said that any African-American voting Republican is not African-American, who said in 1977 that certain de-segregation policies would cause his children to grow up 'in a racial jungle', opposed busing, who worked with Dixiecrats and segregationists who imposed Jim Crow laws, who authored the 1994 crime bill that increased mass incarceration and racial disparities in the criminal justice system. As far as I know, we never heard them calling out that record.

This is hands down one of the most ridiculous comparisons I have ever seen since I been on this site

Im sorry be there is huge difference between Biden saying things that you may not agree with vs Chester Doles being a longtime white supremacist who spent decades in the Ku Klux Klan and the neo-Nazi National Alliance.

We are talking about a man who went to prison in 1993 for serious charges of assault with intent to murder of a black man. No biden gaffe will ever comes close to something like that and it is silly that you would even attempt to compare these 2
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1842 on: December 31, 2020, 08:59:25 PM »

so which one is the white supremacist, middle or right?

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1843 on: December 31, 2020, 09:12:49 PM »

To me, it seems like Perdue and Ossoff are both the less offensive canidates with less dirt compared to Warnock and Loeffler, who have been more heavily attacked.

So basically Nelson/Scott [yes, even with Medicare defrauding, he was still less controversial] vs Gillum/DeSantis then.

Could even be 2.0 in result too if the E-Day vote is lopsided enough and big enough.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1844 on: December 31, 2020, 09:20:39 PM »

If Warnock wins, Me Too is officially dead, right?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1845 on: December 31, 2020, 09:26:31 PM »

This is the silliest thing I have ever heard
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1846 on: December 31, 2020, 09:51:43 PM »

No, all it means is that Kelly Loeffler's political career is over.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1847 on: December 31, 2020, 09:57:11 PM »

Have Ossoff and Warnock put out a schedule of where they will be campaigning between now and Tuesday?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1848 on: December 31, 2020, 09:58:40 PM »

so which one is the white supremacist, middle or right?

It’s a trick question.
The answer is all three.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1849 on: December 31, 2020, 09:59:26 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 10:04:44 PM by roxas11 »

Because the right wing myth that Biden was this evil racist who went of his way to pass the 1994 crime bill just to lock up black people for no reason is nonsense and simply does not accurately portray what actually happened back then

Here is the reality
Many black Americans and Black leaders supported the 1994 crime bill
The majority of Congressional Black Caucus voted for it

People these days forget that it was not just white America that wanted action
Many black Americans also wanted to get violent criminals and gang members off the streets

black leaders were simply desperate to rid communities of the gang violence terrorizing their communities. The crime wave was real with rapes, assaults, and murders at never before seen levels, especially in inner-cities. to be blunt the Bloods vs Crips gang war scared the hell out of everybody and they were willing to do whatever they needed to do in order to stop violence

Its easy for younger generations with the benefit of hindsight to look back and say that Biden and everybody else should have responded differently but if they had lived though that time period in the 90s I guarantee you they would not be so quick to judge how people responded to gang violence at the time...
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies