2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:07:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 635325 times)
BudgieForce
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9600 on: November 05, 2020, 10:00:03 AM »

So what do we actually think the Trump campaign announces in half an hour? It can't just be "stealing the election", they've already declared victory and it hasn't stopped any of the counts. I doubt it's a concession either.
They already said.  Its a lawsuit saying that 10k people voted in Nevada who dont' live in the state/moved out.

Biden should sue Florida for the same reason then. So many snowbirds are registered to vote here and no-one does a damn thing about it.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9601 on: November 05, 2020, 10:00:06 AM »

Duh, I wake up and we still don't have a result. But I'm feeling better and better about Biden being elected prez. Hope these PA prediction of 100k margin hold true, because this should finish Trump. Still unsure about AZ, though I'm optimistic after Fox News called it. They wouldn't have done so if it wasn't certain.

But it's kind of laughable it takes this long. What signals does that send to the world? We're supposed to be the oldest democracy, but this is a farce. That said, I don't blame the poll workers at all. They're hard working people who likely had very little sleep last night and are under enormous pressure. But maybe, just maybe, we should take lessons from Canada, most of Europe or Australia, because they don't have these delays.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9602 on: November 05, 2020, 10:00:28 AM »

So what do we actually think the Trump campaign announces in half an hour? It can't just be "stealing the election", they've already declared victory and it hasn't stopped any of the counts. I doubt it's a concession either.
They already said.  Its a lawsuit saying that 10k people voted in Nevada who dont' live in the state/moved out.
Sounds like russian propaganda BS.
Malarkey Decider
United States

« Reply #9603 on: November 05, 2020, 10:01:14 AM »

Oh dear, what is this sh*t now.

I think this is the same guy who lied about the SC ruling a few days ago, so don't panic yet.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9604 on: November 05, 2020, 10:01:54 AM »

I’m disgusted that along with the stress of who gets the most votes we have to worry about scumbags trying to ruin the country. Jason Miller is such a repugnant human being it’s not even funny
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9605 on: November 05, 2020, 10:02:00 AM »

Oh dear, what is this sh*t now.

Probably nothing, a ruling would be known by both sides at the same time.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #9606 on: November 05, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »

I think a defeated President like Trump should immediately lose access to the nuclear codes in such a situation.

He could run amok if GA or PA hand Biden the presidency soon ...

This is basically the biggest difference between UK and US elections. Our government is dissolved before the election and the winning party take over as soon as the result is known, usually the very next morning. Its clean and simple and prevents these lane stuck shenanigans. I'm sure it's the same in austria
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #9607 on: November 05, 2020, 10:02:18 AM »

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #9608 on: November 05, 2020, 10:02:36 AM »

So, did Trump ask the Supreme Court to stop the counts and they said No ?

Will the mentally ill, defeated POTUS concede ?
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #9609 on: November 05, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »

It really angers me that all the pundits on the likes of CNN make a solid salary - they are completely wrong, I am completely right. And my expert analysis is completely free.

It also really angers me that CNN exists in the first place.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #9610 on: November 05, 2020, 10:04:13 AM »

It really angers me that all the pundits on the likes of CNN make a solid salary - they are completely wrong, I am completely right. And my expert analysis is completely free.

It also really angers me that CNN exists in the first place.

What about CNN's existence angers you?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9611 on: November 05, 2020, 10:04:27 AM »

This is why the states needed to ramp up their vote counting.  Even in the closest of elections, and even with VBM, there is no reason EVER for the election results to take more than a day to count.

Trump may steal the election now because of state’s inability to count their votes.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9612 on: November 05, 2020, 10:04:34 AM »

So, did Trump ask the Supreme Court to stop the counts and they said No ?

Will the mentally ill, defeated POTUS concede ?

I think Trump's hope of having the might of the Republican Party behind him as he tried to illegally stay in power ended the second McConnell came out and said that the elections are state things and none of the federal government's business.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #9613 on: November 05, 2020, 10:04:46 AM »

Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #9614 on: November 05, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »

Duh, I wake up and we still don't have a result. But I'm feeling better and better about Biden being elected prez. Hope these PA prediction of 100k margin hold true, because this should finish Trump. Still unsure about AZ, though I'm optimistic after Fox News called it. They wouldn't have done so if it wasn't certain.

But it's kind of laughable it takes this long. What signals does that send to the world? We're supposed to be the oldest democracy, but this is a farce. That said, I don't blame the poll workers at all. They're hard working people who likely had very little sleep last night and are under enormous pressure. But maybe, just maybe, we should take lessons from Canada, most of Europe or Australia, because they don't have these delays.

You’re lying to yourself.

Numbers look promising in both NV and AZ if he wins either one, and PA Trump is reelected. He’s still very much in the game.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9615 on: November 05, 2020, 10:05:10 AM »

I think a defeated President like Trump should immediately lose access to the nuclear codes in such a situation.

He could run amok if GA or PA hand Biden the presidency soon ...

This is basically the biggest difference between UK and US elections. Our government is dissolved before the election and the winning party take over as soon as the result is known, usually the very next morning. Its clean and simple and prevents these lane stuck shenanigans. I'm sure it's the same in austria

Our government gets dissolved ahead of an election and gets asked by the President to solve as caretaker until after the election.

But we have no nukes, so ...
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #9616 on: November 05, 2020, 10:05:20 AM »

I know I shouldn’t necessarily panic, but this makes me nervous.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9617 on: November 05, 2020, 10:05:24 AM »

Real all-star team here!
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9618 on: November 05, 2020, 10:05:35 AM »

This is why the states needed to ramp o their vote counting.  Even in the closest of elections, and even with VBM, there is no reason EVER for the election results to take more than a day to count.

Trump may steal the election now because of state’s inability to count their votes.

I always said if all votes were counted Biden would win. But I never had much faith in that happening.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #9619 on: November 05, 2020, 10:05:53 AM »

There's no way he got an injunction to stop the count right?
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #9620 on: November 05, 2020, 10:05:57 AM »

But maybe, just maybe, we should take lessons from Canada, most of Europe or Australia, because they don't have these delays.
Don't forget that in most European countries way less elections have to be counted at once. German federal elections just have 2 votes for instance, while the US elect every single office from President, Representative, Senator, State Legislator, County Official, City Councillor to Garbage Commissioner at the same time.

In 2013, in the state of Hesse (~Missouri in terms of population) there were state legislature elections taking place simultaneously with federal elections and it took them until next morning to have the results for the state legislature elections. Now imagine how much time would be needed if every other statewide and local office were elected additionally.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9621 on: November 05, 2020, 10:06:19 AM »

Corey and Pam is the best they've got? Also what a f**king reality show style bullsh!t to have some "show" press conference literally right next to where people are counting
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9622 on: November 05, 2020, 10:06:24 AM »

There's no way he got an injunction to stop the count right?

It's quite possible he did if they got the right judge.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9623 on: November 05, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »

What's funny is, if we stop counting all votes now, then Trump loses. Either all states count their votes or all states stop. Did we not learn anything from Bush v. Gore in 2000?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9624 on: November 05, 2020, 10:07:04 AM »

Reminds me of Hitlers final hours in his bunker ...
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies