2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:33:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 647504 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7750 on: November 04, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »

Fox Decision Desk has once again re-affirmed their AZ call. They still seem extremely confident.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #7751 on: November 04, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »

The California results are astounding, Republicans really need to work out how to be more appealing.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7752 on: November 04, 2020, 06:41:58 PM »

Democrats just didn't do well on their own--which is why the Senate races were underwhelming and House seats were lost.  

Biden did stitch a coalition to pick up independents plus a few Republicans--which is why he is running ahead of the dpwnstream tickets nationwide.   There was just enough ticket splitting to make a difference.
To be fair lots of the House losses were surprise wins in 2018  (SC-1, OK-5, NM-2, NY-11) or were districts long past being favorable for Democrats (MN-07).  IA-01 is definitely disappointing to lose, but it was always going to be a tossup seat. The inexcusable losses are the South Florida seats.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #7753 on: November 04, 2020, 06:42:05 PM »

Trump's going to try and run again in 4 years, isn't he? Ugh

Yeah I think so, he just needs to complain that the election was stolen for four years and energize his base and he’s pretty much set for a 2024 primary win at least.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #7754 on: November 04, 2020, 06:42:17 PM »

Let him, but I think the GOP could run a couple different people that could do quite well like Doug Ducey & Brian Sandoval.

Hopefully Donald Trump runs a third-party bid. Then the vote would be split and Joe Biden or Kamala Harris could win the fabled 413 Authoritarian NUT map due to vote splitting.

It would not shock me if Donald Trump ran 3rd Party, I could see the Libertarian Party or Constitution Party supporting his bid. Probably the Libertarian Party because they'd finally crack that 5% to get federal funding.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7755 on: November 04, 2020, 06:43:20 PM »

I hate to say this but I feel like how close this election ended up being plus how things went downballot probably ensures Biden doesn’t run for re-election if he comes out on top.

This.

The election should not have been close.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7756 on: November 04, 2020, 06:43:43 PM »

I mean, personally I really don't see Trump being in any state in 2024 to mount a presidential campaign. He might hint at it for grift reasons, but he's not especially healthy and if I were him, I'd just take the retirement at Mar-a-Lago, maybe make myself a nice media company, build my presidential library and lob proverbial spitballs at Biden on Twitter.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7757 on: November 04, 2020, 06:44:32 PM »

I mean, personally I really don't see Trump being in any state in 2024 to mount a presidential campaign. He might hint at it for grift reasons, but he's not especially healthy and if I were him, I'd just take the retirement at Mar-a-Lago, maybe make myself a nice media company, build my presidential library and lob proverbial spitballs at Biden on Twitter.

Ah, yes the gilded gold presidential library is going to be wonderful.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #7758 on: November 04, 2020, 06:44:41 PM »

I fully expect Trump to team up with Sinclair Broadcasting Group and buying One America News Network.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7759 on: November 04, 2020, 06:44:56 PM »

Let him, but I think the GOP could run a couple different people that could do quite well like Doug Ducey & Brian Sandoval.

Hopefully Donald Trump runs a third-party bid. Then the vote would be split and Joe Biden or Kamala Harris could win the fabled 413 Authoritarian NUT map due to vote splitting.

It would not shock me if Donald Trump ran 3rd Party, I could see the Libertarian Party or Constitution Party supporting his bid. Probably the Libertarian Party because they'd finally crack that 5% to get federal funding.

MOST Libertarians are relatively "principled" though, they seem to care less about getting votes and more about sticking to their guns. Gary Johnson was probably about as far as they'd go toward compromising their ideology somewhat for the sake of gaining more votes. I find it really hard to see them nominating Trump. Hell Amash could have been nominated this year.

Constitution Party is another story.

I find it more likely he'd run independent/set up his own party though.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7760 on: November 04, 2020, 06:45:14 PM »

I hate to say this but I feel like how close this election ended up being plus how things went downballot probably ensures Biden doesn’t run for re-election if he comes out on top.

This.

The election should not have been close.
You do realize defeating an incumbent US President, especially in the era of polarization, is incredibly difficult, right?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7761 on: November 04, 2020, 06:45:33 PM »

Sandoval would never win a primary, he's too moderate.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #7762 on: November 04, 2020, 06:45:50 PM »

lmao
politics_king
United States

« Reply #7763 on: November 04, 2020, 06:46:59 PM »

MOST Libertarians are relatively "principled" though, they seem to care less about getting votes and more about sticking to their guns. Gary Johnson was probably about as far as they'd go toward compromising their ideology somewhat for the sake of gaining more votes. I find it really hard to see them nominating Trump. Hell Amash could have been nominated this year.

The same Libertarian Party that nominated Bob Barr/Wayne Allyn Root. Trust me, they can go into the LP convention and run gangbusters on them. Constitution Party would probably nominate him too. I can see Trump going nuts and try to take down the GOP, blaming them for his failures.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7764 on: November 04, 2020, 06:47:13 PM »

lmao

Murdoch showing Trump who wears the pants in that relationship.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7765 on: November 04, 2020, 06:47:17 PM »

Yeah the GOP is ready to cut him loose.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #7766 on: November 04, 2020, 06:47:31 PM »

It seems like as more votes come through in California they're more Republican than the early results though. It seems like they're counting mail ins first and election day last for whatever reason.
philly09

« Reply #7767 on: November 04, 2020, 06:47:39 PM »

politics_king
United States

« Reply #7768 on: November 04, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »

lmao

Those sweet, sweet, cheesy cheeto tears.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7769 on: November 04, 2020, 06:47:50 PM »

The same Libertarian Party that nominated Bob Barr/Wayne Allyn Root. Trust me, they can go into the LP convention and run gangbusters on them. Constitution Party would probably nominate him too. I can see Trump going nuts and try to take down the GOP, blaming them for his failures.
Yes do it!
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #7770 on: November 04, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »

neeeeeed Georgia to come thruuuu
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7771 on: November 04, 2020, 06:48:01 PM »

lmao

Even Fox News has limits and Trump has reached them.
MplsDem
Rookie

« Reply #7772 on: November 04, 2020, 06:48:08 PM »

PA just turned dark blue on predictit.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7773 on: November 04, 2020, 06:48:12 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7774 on: November 04, 2020, 06:49:20 PM »

So I guess the 6 PM Georgia drop was fake news and we're not getting anything until AZ and GA both drop at 9?
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies