WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 04:19:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 68840 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: August 12, 2022, 03:06:14 PM »

Furthermore do users know what a range is, no they don't it's called wave insurance it's a 50 we get Divided Govt, 40 Secular Trifecta and 10 R Congress 235/210RH 51/56 D Senate seats that means the median is 230RH and 52/48 D S WI and PA but Beasley, Ryan and Demings are OVERPERFORMING meaning we can get with LA a D S when if we lose the H with more than 52 votes, and can win the H back in 24
Spectator
United States

« Reply #701 on: August 12, 2022, 03:09:07 PM »

https://host2.adimpact.com/admo/viewer/2d7c9a36-8132-467d-8aab-77346e40ffc6

This ad of Barnes praising the squad and talking about driver license for illegal immigrants is why I always thought he was longshot against Johnson. This is a Bernie acolyte running in a state Biden barely won. Johnson will make this race a referendum on Barnes and he will win in the end.

Yes, Barnes was not the vehicle capable of taking advantage of Johnson’s weaknesses and extremism because he has his weaknesses of his own on that front. Maybe I’m wrong, but I expect Johnson to scare enough people to win again.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #702 on: August 12, 2022, 03:17:25 PM »

This ad of Barnes praising the squad and talking about driver license for illegal immigrants is why I always thought he was longshot against Johnson. This is a Bernie acolyte running in a state Biden barely won. Johnson will make this race a referendum on Barnes and he will win in the end.

Yes, Barnes was not the vehicle capable of taking advantage of Johnson’s weaknesses and extremism because he has his weaknesses of his own on that front. Maybe I’m wrong, but I expect Johnson to scare enough people to win again.

So voters are okay with Johnsons extremism but not a few of Barnes more liberal talking points? Come on now.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #703 on: August 12, 2022, 03:47:21 PM »

So voters are okay with Johnsons extremism but not a few of Barnes more liberal talking points? Come on now.
Unfortunately, the media has an insane double standard when it comes to how extreme Democrats are versus Republicans. That's what will allow Johnson to win a third term. That, and the national environment.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #704 on: August 12, 2022, 03:50:35 PM »

Unfortunately, the media has an insane double standard when it comes to how extreme Democrats are versus Republicans. That's what will allow Johnson to win a third term. That, and the national environment.

About that national environment thing...

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #705 on: August 12, 2022, 03:53:52 PM »

I don't think that this is a particularly potent line of attack, largely because the message on immigration is diluted by hitting Barnes for supporting free higher education, which is basically popular, and ties him to the Squad, who are pretty invisible these days.

As usual, I am baffled by Republicans deciding to tie Democrats to Bernie Sanders or "the Squad" instead of Joe Biden, who is far more unpopular.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #706 on: August 12, 2022, 03:56:48 PM »

If that indeed becomes true in November - and it's still a big if - Dobbs will just be one of three major reasons in my opinion. Equally important would be inflation cooling down with gas prices further dropping and Republicans pandering so much to the extreme that it scares off swing voters and energizes the Democratic base, including progressives uneasy with Biden not getting more stuff passed.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #707 on: August 12, 2022, 04:05:50 PM »

We're getting a MQK poll next weak is Johnson the Fav yes but is he the prohibited fav only Fetterman is the prohibited Fav bit we are the favs to hold the Senate and we can get anywhere between 51/56 seats but in Act blue they are conceding IA and MO to Rs they're not conceding anything else, I get emails all the time in what races there are poor Blks and Latinos and Muslims and single female moms in TX, FL, NC and OH, not just white men

Atlas thinks that females don't vote D they. Do, I was raised by a single mom
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #708 on: August 12, 2022, 07:01:34 PM »

If that indeed becomes true in November - and it's still a big if - Dobbs will just be one of three major reasons in my opinion. Equally important would be inflation cooling down with gas prices further dropping and Republicans pandering so much to the extreme that it scares off swing voters and energizes the Democratic base, including progressives uneasy with Biden not getting more stuff passed.

I would say that all of that fits into a theme of a weakened Republican message. Without the economy to run against as effectively all they're left with is pandering to the Trump base, which some were already doing when they didn't have to!
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #709 on: August 17, 2022, 10:28:27 AM »

A new Marquette poll is coming out later today. I think it will show Barnes leading, but that doesn't mean he's going to win.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #710 on: August 17, 2022, 10:31:37 AM »

Any guesses for the poll, since predicting polls is the most Atlas thing ever? I’m thinking Barnes +3. Doesn’t mean much, though the October poll is worth paying some attention to, even if it’s not necessarily going to nail the actual result.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #711 on: August 17, 2022, 10:32:13 AM »

Any guesses for the poll, since predicting polls is the most Atlas thing ever? I’m thinking Barnes +3. Doesn’t mean much, though the October poll is worth paying some attention to, even if it’s not necessarily going to nail the actual result.

Just hoping the undecideds aren't too high.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #712 on: August 17, 2022, 10:37:27 AM »

Barnes +3 makes sense if the end result is something like Johnson +6 (which is about what I expect.)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #713 on: August 17, 2022, 10:48:35 AM »

Barnes +3 makes sense if the end result is something like Johnson +6 (which is about what I expect.)

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #714 on: August 17, 2022, 10:53:16 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2022, 10:57:59 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Lol stop Dooming on Barnes Johnson won by 3 pts do you know there are 390 K provision ballots statewide and Johnson isn't gonna get every vote last time, did you know Biden only won in Provisional ballots in AZ,I, WO, PA Erie Cty, PA had provision ballots statewide 300K votes is Johnson plus 3 and equal to 300 K statewide Provisional ballots

We are competetive in AK AL and that is Safe R state Palin was supposed to win outright Mary Peltola is now the leader and have a chance to win that seat if we are competetive in AK AL it's a blue not red wave

You must not have heard Steve Konraki he said Palin was supposed to walk away with this race and she is struggling  and Ryan, Beasley are all overperform

Oh I forgot users that Doom on D's don't watch MSNBC they watch Fox but Fox news said Beasley can win NC
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #715 on: August 17, 2022, 12:26:27 PM »

Users are gonna have Crow, Barnes leads by 7 points😊😊😊😊
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #716 on: August 17, 2022, 07:59:53 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #717 on: August 17, 2022, 08:04:54 PM »

This was his strategy in 2016 as well. Barnes needs to define him as a wealthy Washington insider and frame himself as the one who is in touch with voters before Johnson can flip the script and argue that he’s the one who can “bring change to Washington”, despite being a two-term Senator who would love more “business as usual.”
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #718 on: August 18, 2022, 02:04:04 AM »

Has Businessman RonJon ever stated why he suddenly decided not to challenge WI's completely fraudulent electoral vote count?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #719 on: August 18, 2022, 11:09:50 AM »

Has Businessman RonJon ever stated why he suddenly decided not to challenge WI's completely fraudulent electoral vote count?

He's on tape saying the stuff re: "election integrity" is bull-hockey. He's tried to back-track it, but his heart isn't in the election conspiracy stuff.

Mr Johnson tells the woman that he disagreed, noting that there was "nothing obviously skewed about the results”.

“If all the Republicans voted for Trump the way they voted for the Assembly candidates, he would have won. He didn’t get 51,000 votes that other Republicans got, and that’s why he lost,” Mr Johnson said.

https://news.yahoo.com/senator-ron-johnson-recorded-saying-203704960.html
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #720 on: August 19, 2022, 04:03:36 PM »

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article on the Marquette Law poll

One difference is that Johnson is considerably more unpopular now than he was six years ago. His “negative rating” — the share of voters who view him unfavorably — is the highest it has ever been (47%) since Marquette began polling on Johnson almost a decade ago.

There has been no significant election-year improvement in Johnson’s numbers, no recovery into positive territory. His mix of “favorables” and “unfavorables” was 36/42 last October (a minus 6 rating), 33/45 this February (minus 12), 36/46 this April (minus 10), 37/46 this June (minus 9) and 38/47 (minus 9) in the new August poll. Johnson has had a net negative rating now for more than a year, easily his longest stretch “under water” in Marquette’s polling.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #721 on: August 20, 2022, 07:17:54 AM »

I don't know if that is just me but Barnes has something special. The way he speaks makes me want to Trust him. He's very good at it to portray himself as some very warm trustworthy man.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #722 on: August 20, 2022, 07:58:33 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2022, 08:03:22 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Any users forget Obama and Biden won WI, Tammy Baldwin was supposed to lose to Tommy Thompson and she beat him and Barnes and Evers best Scott Walker and Kleefisch in 2018 thats why Barnes is winning WI is a Divided state it votes sometimes for Rs and Johnson lucked out and beat Feingold by 3 not 10 pts MOE
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #723 on: August 20, 2022, 11:16:45 AM »

It would be interesting if Mandela Barnes pulls through. Do you think there will be a lot of Michels/Barnes split ticket voters or no? I still think Tim Michels is the favorite to win even if Mandela Barnes pills through, as Tony Evers is a very weak governor who didn’t accomplish much.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #724 on: August 20, 2022, 11:45:55 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies