The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:19:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173112 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: December 12, 2020, 02:37:40 PM »

No men are attractive.

And I’m not saying that as some kind of “toxic masculinity” thing. I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think “Yeah, that’s hot!”

Reminds me of this Seinfeld quote:

“The female body is a work of art. The male body is utilitarian, it’s for gettin’ around, like a Jeep.“

This is an incredibly "straight guy" thing to say.

You can think what you want, but I honest to god believe this and always have. I just don’t get it. Not complaining that like half the population finds men attractive, but I fundamentally do not understand why.

Not that bad but I still remember that drunken rant so naming it after that. Also Elliot going possibly blue is the worst prediction from this election Tongue

I guess I deserve it after that drunken rant but I’ll defend this post.

All I’m saying is I don’t personally see the appeal. I don’t even doubt some straight guys can recognize when a guy is supposed to be attractive. But I’m not one of them. It generally has to be pointed out to me when a man is supposed to be attractive. I have no natural inclination for it whatsoever. Like, I had no idea people found Josh Hawley attractive until that thread. That’s surprising to me.

Also I didn’t predict Elliot going blue again, didn’t even predict it as close as some people did. You can look at the thread asking people to predict the exact result before the election.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #626 on: December 12, 2020, 02:37:47 PM »

No men are attractive.

And I’m not saying that as some kind of “toxic masculinity” thing. I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think “Yeah, that’s hot!”

“The female body is a work of art. The male body is utilitarian, it’s for gettin’ around, like a Jeep.“

You can think what you want, but I honest to god believe this and always have. I just don’t get it. Not complaining that like half the population finds men attractive, but I fundamentally do not understand why.
What is possibly wrong with this? I don’t like dick either. I am not attracted to men or women with dicks.
The post isn't about "dicks" it's about not understanding how someone can find something attractive that you personally don't. Do you think cats without dicks are cuter than male cats?
I don’t have to understand something to tolerate it. I don’t understand the attraction to men at all. Never will, never want to do either. But it’s cool if other people are into that, it doesn’t detract in any way.

What’s so hard about that to understand? I’m no fan of the ex-VP or his posting style, but this seems like a desperate excuse for you to look down your nose and wag your finger at someone.

Have to side with Sanchez and Alben Barkley here. He just expressed his personal opinion and didn't disregard those of others. At least I don't view it this way.

I personally don't feel attracted to men either, though I find some men better looking than others. Obviously gay men or transexuals feel differently, and that's perfectly fine.

He did disregard others when he said 'I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think "Yeah, that’s hot!"' - it makes him sound ignorant of how straight women/gays have entirely different concepts of attractiveness than straight men.
But who cares? I mean really, who actually cares? I don’t have to get in the homosexual mindset to be ok with homosexuality. It doesn’t offend me, it’s a natural sexuality, and there should be no stigmas surrounding it. Why can’t we just leave it at that?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #627 on: December 12, 2020, 02:39:23 PM »

Obviously gay men or transexuals feel differently, and that's perfectly fine.
Not sure what "transexuals" have to do with the price of tea in China--If you were simply referring to straight women (well, women who are attracted to men) at-large, I'd understand, but not every trans woman likes men (vice-versa is also true, but not relevant). Like it says in my sig...
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #628 on: December 12, 2020, 02:39:27 PM »

No men are attractive.

What is possibly wrong with this? I don’t like dick either. I am not attracted to men or women with dicks.
The post isn't about "dicks" it's about not understanding how someone can find something attractive that you personally don't. Do you think cats without dicks are cuter than male cats?
I don’t have to understand something to tolerate it. I don’t understand the attraction to men at all. Never will, never want to do either. But it’s cool if other people are into that, it doesn’t detract in any way.

What’s so hard about that to understand? I’m no fan of the ex-VP or his posting style, but this seems like a desperate excuse for you to look down your nose and wag your finger at someone.

Understanding what makes a man attractive and why would do a lot for some of you guys on here.
You’re missing out on a key point: I understand that women might find me/men in general attractive, but I lack those kind of sensibilities and don’t particularly care to understand it. I’ve been interested in plenty of girls, and plenty of girls have been interested in me. One does not have to get into the nitty gritty of why a girl might find them attached until one meets someone particularly special, in which case such things become obvious.
This is fundamentally ignorant of the pivotal role physical non-sexual attraction plays in heterosexual male/male relationships.
I’m attracted to people in a non-sexual way, but not based on physical appearance. I’ve known my best friend since preschool. I’ll be a groomsmen in his wedding next May. I was drawn to him because he was one of the few kids who were nice to me in my early early childhood years. I don’t see anything pivotal about that.
I'd be almost certain that are physical subtleties that make a difference in how you interact with other men. You're in South Florida, right? Aside from my residence in Hollywood and DC, the most physically appearance focused region of the county. As a bartender, I can see my tips go up the day of or after a haircut, even from men, compared to say, the couple days before I get a haircut and shave. Or if I dress I certain way.

Literally no one is "asking you to get in a homosexual mindset". And the suggestion of that seems like soft bigotry at best.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #629 on: December 12, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »

No men are attractive.

Have to side with Sanchez and Alben Barkley here. He just expressed his personal opinion and didn't disregard those of others. At least I don't view it this way.

I personally don't feel attracted to men either, though I find some men better looking than others. Obviously gay men or transexuals feel differently, and that's perfectly fine.

He did disregard others when he said 'I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think "Yeah, that’s hot!"' - it makes him sound ignorant of how straight women/gays have entirely different concepts of attractiveness than straight men.

That’s not true. Just because I don’t personally understand it doesn’t mean I don’t tolerate it. Hell, I’m glad for it, as I even said.

You are deliberately stretching this to read it the worst way possible when it wasn’t intended that way at all.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #630 on: December 12, 2020, 02:44:17 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 02:47:19 PM by Good time Sanchez has the 2020 blues. »

No men are attractive.

Understanding what makes a man attractive and why would do a lot for some of you guys on here.
You’re missing out on a key point: I understand that women might find me/men in general attractive, but I lack those kind of sensibilities and don’t particularly care to understand it. I’ve been interested in plenty of girls, and plenty of girls have been interested in me. One does not have to get into the nitty gritty of why a girl might find them attached until one meets someone particularly special, in which case such things become obvious.
This is fundamentally ignorant of the pivotal role physical non-sexual attraction plays in heterosexual male/male relationships.
I’m attracted to people in a non-sexual way, but not based on physical appearance. I’ve known my best friend since preschool. I’ll be a groomsmen in his wedding next May. I was drawn to him because he was one of the few kids who were nice to me in my early early childhood years. I don’t see anything pivotal about that.
I'd be almost certain that are physical subtleties that make a difference in how you interact with other men. You're in South Florida, right? Aside from my residence in Hollywood and DC, the most physically appearance focused region of the county. As a bartender, I can see my tips go up the day of or after a haircut, even from men, compared to say, the couple days before I get a haircut and shave. Or if I dress I certain way.

Literally no one is "asking you to get in a homosexual mindset". And the suggestion of that seems like soft bigotry at best.
Ok, Mr. Frond.

I still don’t see the subtleties you’re talking about. I might be less weary of a guy in a suit than I would a guy in ripped clothes who smells of urine, but those aren’t physical characteristics but rather just signals of social position.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #631 on: December 12, 2020, 02:50:46 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 03:04:37 PM by gracile »

No men are attractive.

That’s not true. Just because I don’t personally understand it doesn’t mean I don’t tolerate it. Hell, I’m glad for it, as I even said.

You are deliberately stretching this to read it the worst way possible when it wasn’t intended that way at all.

I wasn't stretching. Honestly, I didn't even interpret your original post as being malicious in any way toward people who are attracted to men (and I wasn't even trying to argue - my comments in those threads were kind of throwaway thoughts). It just seemed like your original post was an overgeneralization of the many types of attractions people can have based on your own attractions.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #632 on: December 12, 2020, 03:05:32 PM »

No men are attractive.

Ok, Mr. Frond.

I still don’t see the subtleties you’re talking about. I might be less weary of a guy in a suit than I would a guy in ripped clothes who smells of urine, but those aren’t physical characteristics but rather just signals of social position.
We've gone from you talking about dicks to acknowledging that you do judge men by physical characteristics so I'd say we've made progress.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #633 on: December 12, 2020, 03:27:41 PM »

No men are attractive.

Your own wording didn't help. You make a universally declarative statement "no men are attractive" rather than positing an opinion or a personal truth such as "I don't find myself attracted to any man". I'm a man and I'm a fine human specimen.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #634 on: December 12, 2020, 03:49:28 PM »

KYWildman is a good poster and honestly one bad post shouldn't get this named after you, so I propose a rename, check thread for context

I bet you would’ve said the same thing about Zapata in 2016.

New annoying hack
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #635 on: December 12, 2020, 03:59:35 PM »

KYWildman is a good poster and honestly one bad post shouldn't get this named after you, so I propose a rename, check thread for context

He is not a good poster.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #636 on: December 12, 2020, 04:14:58 PM »

You don't get to rename the thread about a guy who only has 50 posts — especially if the post motivating the renaming is actually just a funny own of you. The honor of the thread name has to go to a poster with a lengthy track record of absurd and/or ignorant posts, like this.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #637 on: December 12, 2020, 04:34:31 PM »

Forumlurker or Horus sound like top contenders?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #638 on: December 12, 2020, 04:41:05 PM »

Why may I ask?

And as for Alben's comment, it wasn't offensive. As a gay man I don't understand how anyone could find women attractive. That was literally the tamest comment ever.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #639 on: December 12, 2020, 05:07:55 PM »

Covid was a deliberate out-of-the-lab attack by Jeff Bezos (Amazon) and/or China, to catch 2 flies with one swat: the defeat of Trump and the destruction of the US local economy (Chinas interest) and the destruction of small, local retailers (Bezosˋ interest) which resulted in a massive boost of online sales, increasing Bezosˋ wealth even more.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: December 12, 2020, 05:09:49 PM »

Why may I ask?

And as for Alben's comment, it wasn't offensive. As a gay man I don't understand how anyone could find women attractive. That was literally the tamest comment ever.
It's just woke-ism taken to its logical conclusion. Ultimately one finger must get the last wag.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #641 on: December 12, 2020, 05:16:01 PM »

Covid was a deliberate out-of-the-lab attack by Jeff Bezos (Amazon) and/or China, to catch 2 flies with one swat: the defeat of Trump and the destruction of the US local economy (Chinas interest) and the destruction of small, local retailers (Bezosˋ interest) which resulted in a massive boost of online sales, increasing Bezosˋ wealth even more.
He's correct except about Bezos and China.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #642 on: December 12, 2020, 05:26:55 PM »

Why may I ask?

It's just woke-ism taken to its logical conclusion. Ultimately one finger must get the last wag.

Nah didn't care about that comment

Named it because I remembered his rant about being the smartest man ever.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #643 on: December 12, 2020, 05:47:53 PM »

I bet you would’ve said the same thing about Zapata in 2016.

New annoying hack
[/quote]

Do you actually have a rebuttal?

In all seriousness, I made that post just to show how trollish this forum has become.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #644 on: December 12, 2020, 05:58:04 PM »

A lot going on in this thread. All I can conclude is that the straights are not okay.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #645 on: December 12, 2020, 06:01:24 PM »

No men are attractive.

Yeah, Dick is kind of an asshole. I never understood the fascination with him or his inclination to send unsolicited selfies to unsuspecting women.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #646 on: December 12, 2020, 06:04:16 PM »

You know who's an attractive man? George Will.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #647 on: December 12, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2020, 02:06:33 PM by AGA »

In all seriousness, I made that post just to show how trollish this forum has become.
[/quote]

"Has become"? You've been here for less than a month, lol.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #648 on: December 12, 2020, 07:34:41 PM »

"Has become"? You've been here for less than a month, lol.
[/quote]

You’re telling me it’s always been this trollish?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #649 on: December 12, 2020, 07:45:22 PM »

Good day peasants, what is thou doing thy thread?
*sees 3 page long arguments on finding men attractive*
.......By the Pope
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies