The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:46:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 167883 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: January 01, 2021, 01:06:10 PM »

Sorry guys, I didn't realize how much this forum loves the Lincoln Project.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #701 on: January 01, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »

Ward, I think you were a little hard on DaBeav.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #702 on: January 05, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »

Andrew Cuomo is one of the worst Governors in America
He's harmed New York more than Osama bin Laden did.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #703 on: January 06, 2021, 05:08:10 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility. 

The true enemy of the people.  100%
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #704 on: January 07, 2021, 02:38:25 AM »

At the very minimum, we should all offer critical support to the upcoming Biden Administration against the putschists.

These terrorists need to be stopped by any means necessary.

No. If anything I side with the putschists because I always support the underdog perspective. You remind me of this group that actually admitted that most of the imperialist ruling class supports Biden but still endorsed him anyway because MUH NAZIS: http://www.lrp-cofi.org/statements/election2020.html

Biden is the most bourgeois and reactionary Democrat in decades (while Trump is the least "bad" Republican, compared to Reagan, Bush, McCain, Romney, etc.) yet has gotten unprecedented support from supposed "radical leftists" who used to oppose the Democratic Party. Even Obama never had this kind of support and it is pretty disappointing, to say the least. I guess I shouldn't have expected much better from Trots.

I can't really stand with the MAGA movement though because it is cringe. I can support querfronts with some far-right groups but not the kind that think Obama wasn't pro-Israel enough, which is what most of the MAGA crowd are. I do stand with the woman who was murdered by the pigs. Working-class lives of ANY color don't matter to the pigs.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #705 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:56 AM »

At the very minimum, we should all offer critical support to the upcoming Biden Administration against the putschists.

These terrorists need to be stopped by any means necessary.

No. If anything I side with the putschists because I always support the underdog perspective. You remind me of this group that actually admitted that most of the imperialist ruling class supports Biden but still endorsed him anyway because MUH NAZIS: http://www.lrp-cofi.org/statements/election2020.html

Biden is the most bourgeois and reactionary Democrat in decades (while Trump is the least "bad" Republican, compared to Reagan, Bush, McCain, Romney, etc.) yet has gotten unprecedented support from supposed "radical leftists" who used to oppose the Democratic Party. Even Obama never had this kind of support and it is pretty disappointing, to say the least. I guess I shouldn't have expected much better from Trots.

I can't really stand with the MAGA movement though because it is cringe. I can support querfronts with some far-right groups but not the kind that think Obama wasn't pro-Israel enough, which is what most of the MAGA crowd are. I do stand with the woman who was murdered by the pigs. Working-class lives of ANY color don't matter to the pigs.

Let the commies fight each other.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #706 on: January 07, 2021, 05:26:15 PM »

Federal Death Penalty for Trump AND all the rioters (charge all other registered Republican voters nationally with conspiracy to commit murder.)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #707 on: January 07, 2021, 05:27:31 PM »

Federal Death Penalty for Trump AND all the rioters (charge all other registered Republican voters nationally with conspiracy to commit murder.)

I thought we weren't allowed to post things that got moderated in this thread.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #708 on: January 07, 2021, 05:42:02 PM »

Like you just did?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #709 on: January 07, 2021, 05:43:57 PM »

Like you just did?

For the record, I quoted OSR's quote of me.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #710 on: January 07, 2021, 05:46:56 PM »

There were a bunch of absurd takes about the Georgia runoffs in hindsight, but one of my favorites was that an endorsement tweet by Bernie Sanders would doom Ossoff and Warnock-

Uhhh, I feel like this could end very badly for Ossoff and Warnock:

I know we make all the "king of the suburbs" memes about Perdue, but he actually did run slightly ahead of Trump in these areas.

Swing voters and ticket splitters do exist in this state. And guess what? They're not exactly on board with the far left.

Mike Siegel in TX-10 had the brilliant idea of touting this endorsement:

He lost by over 7 as Biden lost the district by less than 2. Kara Eastman? Wendy Davis? Candace Valenzuela? Dana Balter? Lather, rinse and repeat. Left wing candidates are toxic, and Mitch is probably popping champagne.

I'm sure "Mitch" is popping a bottle of something right now though...
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #711 on: January 07, 2021, 05:49:52 PM »

Well, I guess I was going to end up in this board sooner or later. But at least I wasn't nearly as bad about the runoffs as MillennialMAModerate.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #712 on: January 08, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »

I hope he switches parties at this point. I'm fed up with him. He is better than the alternatives in WV, but that makes our work in 2022 to get actual Democrats elected to rebuild the Senate majority even more important. We should consider him a no on just about every crucial piece of legislation for the next 2 years and work to bring Romney or Murkowski on board in his place.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #713 on: January 08, 2021, 03:55:42 PM »

LOL "evil". There were zero homeless people in Soviet Russia, while people were dying on the streets in Reagan's America, Thatcher's UK, and eventually Yeltsin's Russia.

He's technically wrong in that there were in fact unofficial homeless populations in the Soviet Union. However, one can say that the at least fundamental concerted effort of universal housing, even if it was Bare Bones, made homelessness far less of a problem than what we faced in the 1980s.

Still doesn't warrant Trading communism for capitalism, but there's more than enough truth in that post to question whether it justifies being in this thread.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #714 on: January 08, 2021, 04:24:03 PM »

Literally nobody who has accused the Lincoln Project of being “grifters” has ever been able to explain how or why. Are they misrepresenting who they are? Are they scamming people out of their money? Are they taking people’s money and using it for purposes other than what they clearly state they will do with it? Are they claiming that a donation to them will result in an outcome that doesn’t happen? Are they unethically compelling anybody to give them any money at all? No? They’re not doing ANY of that? Then they’re not grifters. Here they are clearly targeting Trump directly as they always had when they ran ads in DC. They also continue to support Democrats in Georgia, so even the fears that they would suddenly switch back to being GOP hacks after the election have not manfiested.

Krystal and Saagar tore them apart multiple times. Start there.  You're basically supporting neocons to "own" Trump.  Congrats.

I am like 10% neocon myself, and certainly sympathize with them more even when I disagree with them than I ever have with Trump or lunatics like the YouTubers you mentioned, because at least they are generally smart people with coherent and ideologically sound reasons for acting as they do.

Congratulations, you have been brainwashed by stupid morons on the internet yet for some reason you think that gives you any sort of moral or intellectual high ground whatsoever. You are talking to someone who has an advanced degree in political science; I don’t need YouTubers to tell me what and how to think about politics, and sure as hell don’t need their cult followers to do it.

No one is “grifting” me. I am well aware of exactly who the Lincoln Project people are, what they believe, who they have supported in the past. I know precisely where we agree and disagree and why. And I respect them for being intelligent, reasonable people who walk the walk, and for being the enemy of my enemy and thus my friend. Even if it was true that our only common ground was “owning” Trump (which again it is NOT), that would still be easily more than enough for me to gladly accept them as welcome allies as Trump is the worst president of all-time and the most dangerous authoritarian figure in American political history.

Sure as hell makes more sense for me to align with people opposed to that than it does for people to support politicians whose goals are completely opposed to their self-interest just to “own the libs” because someone made you mad and feel stupid (usually because you ARE) on Twitter, which at the end of the day seems to be what it comes down to for most Trump supporters. THAT sure as hell doesn’t come down to logic, reason, or facts, because it is literally impossible for people who understand and value those things to support Trump.

Yes, I am calling you a f—king idiot by the way. No, I don’t care if you are upset or if you report me for insulting you. Anyone who endorses a man who is about as nasty, vicious, insulting, confrontational, disagreeable and hostile as they come at all times needs to be prepared to reap what they sow. Sorry if that triggers you, snowflake. What you gonna do, “cancel” me because I hurt your pwecious feels?

I have zero patience for fascists and all their enablers. And even less patience for when they dare to challenge or insult me. Get f—ked! That goes for EVERYONE standing by this Nazi SOB who is STILL actively trying to destroy everything great about this democracy which people like my grandfather fought and died for. You sick bastards are siding with an ideology far more closely resembling that which they fought against. F—K YOU!!

LOL I totally missed this piece of ranting. Hilarious. U MAD BRO?
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #715 on: January 08, 2021, 04:36:31 PM »

Literally nobody who has accused the Lincoln Project of being “grifters” has ever been able to explain how or why. Are they misrepresenting who they are? Are they scamming people out of their money? Are they taking people’s money and using it for purposes other than what they clearly state they will do with it? Are they claiming that a donation to them will result in an outcome that doesn’t happen? Are they unethically compelling anybody to give them any money at all? No? They’re not doing ANY of that? Then they’re not grifters. Here they are clearly targeting Trump directly as they always had when they ran ads in DC. They also continue to support Democrats in Georgia, so even the fears that they would suddenly switch back to being GOP hacks after the election have not manfiested.

Krystal and Saagar tore them apart multiple times. Start there.  You're basically supporting neocons to "own" Trump.  Congrats.

I am like 10% neocon myself, and certainly sympathize with them more even when I disagree with them than I ever have with Trump or lunatics like the YouTubers you mentioned, because at least they are generally smart people with coherent and ideologically sound reasons for acting as they do.

Congratulations, you have been brainwashed by stupid morons on the internet yet for some reason you think that gives you any sort of moral or intellectual high ground whatsoever. You are talking to someone who has an advanced degree in political science; I don’t need YouTubers to tell me what and how to think about politics, and sure as hell don’t need their cult followers to do it.

No one is “grifting” me. I am well aware of exactly who the Lincoln Project people are, what they believe, who they have supported in the past. I know precisely where we agree and disagree and why. And I respect them for being intelligent, reasonable people who walk the walk, and for being the enemy of my enemy and thus my friend. Even if it was true that our only common ground was “owning” Trump (which again it is NOT), that would still be easily more than enough for me to gladly accept them as welcome allies as Trump is the worst president of all-time and the most dangerous authoritarian figure in American political history.

Sure as hell makes more sense for me to align with people opposed to that than it does for people to support politicians whose goals are completely opposed to their self-interest just to “own the libs” because someone made you mad and feel stupid (usually because you ARE) on Twitter, which at the end of the day seems to be what it comes down to for most Trump supporters. THAT sure as hell doesn’t come down to logic, reason, or facts, because it is literally impossible for people who understand and value those things to support Trump.

Yes, I am calling you a f—king idiot by the way. No, I don’t care if you are upset or if you report me for insulting you. Anyone who endorses a man who is about as nasty, vicious, insulting, confrontational, disagreeable and hostile as they come at all times needs to be prepared to reap what they sow. Sorry if that triggers you, snowflake. What you gonna do, “cancel” me because I hurt your pwecious feels?

I have zero patience for fascists and all their enablers. And even less patience for when they dare to challenge or insult me. Get f—ked! That goes for EVERYONE standing by this Nazi SOB who is STILL actively trying to destroy everything great about this democracy which people like my grandfather fought and died for. You sick bastards are siding with an ideology far more closely resembling that which they fought against. F—K YOU!!

LOL I totally missed this piece of ranting. Hilarious. U MAD BRO?
He sounds so scary and tough doesn't he
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #716 on: January 13, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »

No, and the five (thus far) people that voted yes, jokingly or unjokingly are just as bad as the terrorist insurrectionists that carried out these attacks.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #717 on: January 15, 2021, 02:41:04 AM »

please stop
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #718 on: January 15, 2021, 09:46:21 AM »

This is why Atlas can't have nice things.

I.E. A female membership of even 10%.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #719 on: January 15, 2021, 10:08:20 AM »

This is why Atlas can't have nice things.

I.E. A female membership of even 10%.

As a Female Atlasian (tm) it frankly is very alienating to see all of those threads.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #720 on: January 15, 2021, 09:23:18 PM »

Andrew Cuomo is one of the worst Governors in America
He's harmed New York more than Osama bin Laden did.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #721 on: January 19, 2021, 05:46:51 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #722 on: January 19, 2021, 08:26:55 PM »

Actually belongs in the X/Bagel thread of poorly aged content.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #723 on: January 19, 2021, 08:29:57 PM »

It was an utterly inane and absurd prediction at the time of that post too (not that long ago.)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #724 on: January 19, 2021, 08:35:48 PM »

It was an utterly inane and absurd prediction at the time of that post too (not that long ago.)

Good point.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies