The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168360 times)
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« on: July 13, 2020, 02:19:32 PM »

I know lots of people have a fetish for him, but as an Italian who knows the actual knowledge level of English in my country, this put me off completely:

Rome would be my other place to live, English is a universal language in Italy due to Vatican. Australia would be nice. If I hit the jackpot

Your first mistake is thinking that olawakandi's posts are actually intended to mean anything, much less something absurd or ignorant.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 02:34:08 PM »

No men are attractive.

And I’m not saying that as some kind of “toxic masculinity” thing. I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think “Yeah, that’s hot!”

Reminds me of this Seinfeld quote:

“The female body is a work of art. The male body is utilitarian, it’s for gettin’ around, like a Jeep.“

This is an incredibly "straight guy" thing to say.

You can think what you want, but I honest to god believe this and always have. I just don’t get it. Not complaining that like half the population finds men attractive, but I fundamentally do not understand why.
What is possibly wrong with this? I don’t like dick either. I am not attracted to men or women with dicks.
The post isn't about "dicks" it's about not understanding how someone can find something attractive that you personally don't. Do you think cats without dicks are cuter than male cats?
I don’t have to understand something to tolerate it. I don’t understand the attraction to men at all. Never will, never want to do either. But it’s cool if other people are into that, it doesn’t detract in any way.

What’s so hard about that to understand? I’m no fan of the ex-VP or his posting style, but this seems like a desperate excuse for you to look down your nose and wag your finger at someone.

Have to side with Sanchez and Alben Barkley here. He just expressed his personal opinion and didn't disregard those of others. At least I don't view it this way.

I personally don't feel attracted to men either, though I find some men better looking than others. Obviously gay men or transexuals feel differently, and that's perfectly fine.

He did disregard others when he said 'I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think "Yeah, that’s hot!"' - it makes him sound ignorant of how straight women/gays have entirely different concepts of attractiveness than straight men.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 02:50:46 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 03:04:37 PM by gracile »

No men are attractive.

And I’m not saying that as some kind of “toxic masculinity” thing. I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think “Yeah, that’s hot!”

Reminds me of this Seinfeld quote:

“The female body is a work of art. The male body is utilitarian, it’s for gettin’ around, like a Jeep.“

This is an incredibly "straight guy" thing to say.

You can think what you want, but I honest to god believe this and always have. I just don’t get it. Not complaining that like half the population finds men attractive, but I fundamentally do not understand why.
What is possibly wrong with this? I don’t like dick either. I am not attracted to men or women with dicks.
The post isn't about "dicks" it's about not understanding how someone can find something attractive that you personally don't. Do you think cats without dicks are cuter than male cats?
I don’t have to understand something to tolerate it. I don’t understand the attraction to men at all. Never will, never want to do either. But it’s cool if other people are into that, it doesn’t detract in any way.

What’s so hard about that to understand? I’m no fan of the ex-VP or his posting style, but this seems like a desperate excuse for you to look down your nose and wag your finger at someone.

Have to side with Sanchez and Alben Barkley here. He just expressed his personal opinion and didn't disregard those of others. At least I don't view it this way.

I personally don't feel attracted to men either, though I find some men better looking than others. Obviously gay men or transexuals feel differently, and that's perfectly fine.

He did disregard others when he said 'I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think "Yeah, that’s hot!"' - it makes him sound ignorant of how straight women/gays have entirely different concepts of attractiveness than straight men.

That’s not true. Just because I don’t personally understand it doesn’t mean I don’t tolerate it. Hell, I’m glad for it, as I even said.

You are deliberately stretching this to read it the worst way possible when it wasn’t intended that way at all.

I wasn't stretching. Honestly, I didn't even interpret your original post as being malicious in any way toward people who are attracted to men (and I wasn't even trying to argue - my comments in those threads were kind of throwaway thoughts). It just seemed like your original post was an overgeneralization of the many types of attractions people can have based on your own attractions.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 05:46:56 PM »

There were a bunch of absurd takes about the Georgia runoffs in hindsight, but one of my favorites was that an endorsement tweet by Bernie Sanders would doom Ossoff and Warnock-

Uhhh, I feel like this could end very badly for Ossoff and Warnock:

I know we make all the "king of the suburbs" memes about Perdue, but he actually did run slightly ahead of Trump in these areas.

Swing voters and ticket splitters do exist in this state. And guess what? They're not exactly on board with the far left.

Mike Siegel in TX-10 had the brilliant idea of touting this endorsement:

He lost by over 7 as Biden lost the district by less than 2. Kara Eastman? Wendy Davis? Candace Valenzuela? Dana Balter? Lather, rinse and repeat. Left wing candidates are toxic, and Mitch is probably popping champagne.

I'm sure "Mitch" is popping a bottle of something right now though...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies