The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:24:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168260 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: June 26, 2020, 12:23:56 AM »

Svensson is a great high-energy poster.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »

We could just link to his entire post history.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 08:59:20 PM »

I know lots of people have a fetish for him, but as an Italian who knows the actual knowledge level of English in my country, this put me off completely:

Rome would be my other place to live, English is a universal language in Italy due to Vatican. Australia would be nice. If I hit the jackpot

vocal minority
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »

“Listen to the Scientists” has to be the most naive belief. Conventional Scientists once thought the earth was flat. It took brave men to stand up and prove otherwise.

Believe the Social Scientists. Listen to the Political Scientists. Dr. Fauci has been consistently wrong - he has zero credibility.

Probably thinks no one thought the world was round until Christopher Columbus.

Spreading complete misinformation should be against the rules here. People spouting nonsense like Donald Trump's Toupee should not have equal access to posting.
Who made you the arbitrator of what is and what isn't "misinformation." If you don't like the forum, you're free to join Alternate History.com or some other forum.

Come on, man, what he said was objectively false and ridiculous. Difference of opinion is one thing but saying "don't trust the scientists because they have no credibility" is not only wrong, it's dangerously wrong.

That is not what he said. He said "listen to the scientists" is a dangerous mentality and that Fauci lacks credibility, both of which are true to an extent. His post is bad, but you are misrepresenting what he said.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 05:44:36 PM »

Does France have laws about this (I imagine things like libel laws might apply, as might any anti-racism laws France might have)? Forcibly shutting down the magazine or forcing the sacking of person involved would probably be the right outcome here.
What kind of American thinks magazines should be shut down for being racist?

The kind of American who thinks hate speech shouldn't be covered by the First Amendment?

Authoritarianism is a growing ideology on Atlas.

Hate speech being covered by the first amendment is absolutely unacceptable. Authoritarian is good, if libertarians had their way people would be running amok and there'd be mass riots and violence, due to there being no rules.
By your ideas, we wouldn't advance in society and be ruled by authoritarian warlords.
Finally, something I can agree with S019 on.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 07:18:10 PM »

For Trump: as there are likely to be female TV production staff present, for once please restrain yourself and don't sexually assault them. Or at least not on camera. Doing so could potentially result in a 1% drop of support among your base.

For Biden: be prepared to call 911 when Trump began sexually assaulting a female production staffer.

The only absurd/ignorant part of that post is that Trump will sexually assault a production staffer/moderator on camera. Every thing else is accurate.

The 1% part is absurd too

True, I doubt Trump would lose any support amongst his base at all.
Some, I assume, are good people.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 05:02:10 PM »

I didn't even realize ljube was still here.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 12:35:14 AM »

There's not a single state in the country with a racist majority, anyone who says otherwise is a partisan hack.
without, you mean.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 05:53:20 PM »

It was bad when Mitch McConnell said he would cut funding to "blue" states, and it's bad to say you want to hurt "red" states. You people realize there are people of every political persuasion in every state, right? Even assuming it's okay to make your political opponents suffer, you're going to punish people for their neighbors' political beliefs?

When bigots and authoritarians are deprived of economic and political power, that's a good thing. Yes, I want Trump's supporters to suffer, as they've demonstrated themselves to be completely devoid of decency or civility. Sorry. I would suggest you direct your criticisms at them. Perhaps they can improve their judgement, climb out of the gutter, and make themselves worthy of respect. Otherwise, I think they're trash, and they'll get no sympathy from me.

Trump got nearly as many votes in California as he did in Texas. Punishing entire states because of how a plurality of their population voted for someone is beyond stupid. You would also hurt millions of Democrats who live in those states just to get one over the other side.

No, genius, that's how in works in the real world. Let's strike some chords on the world's tiniest violin for all of those non-bigoted Southerners and Germans who paid the price when the Confederacy and the Nazis lost their wars against civilized humanity. Should we have refrained from crushing them? Absolutely not. Maybe you should expend your energy convincing the rural white majority not to make deplorable decisions that may ultimately hurt innocent residents of their regions. I doubt they'll listen, but it's worth a shot.

Terrible person alert.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 07:21:57 PM »

Now I see why he is so widely disliked.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 07:04:07 PM »

Americans are inherently stupid and on top of that uneducated.
This whole practice of calling people who don’t support your preferred political candidates or policies some negative quality (generally either stupid, bigoted, or both) can go away anytime now.

And in case you think this is just limited to liberals:

Nazis were left-wing.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 03:50:58 AM »

Something is wrong with him.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2020, 03:59:35 PM »

KYWildman is a good poster and honestly one bad post shouldn't get this named after you, so I propose a rename, check thread for context

He is not a good poster.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 05:16:01 PM »

Covid was a deliberate out-of-the-lab attack by Jeff Bezos (Amazon) and/or China, to catch 2 flies with one swat: the defeat of Trump and the destruction of the US local economy (Chinas interest) and the destruction of small, local retailers (Bezosˋ interest) which resulted in a massive boost of online sales, increasing Bezosˋ wealth even more.
He's correct except about Bezos and China.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2020, 12:26:08 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2020, 01:09:30 PM by Ventuno »

LOL

House Slave tales.  

Trump is far more "communist dictator" than Winnie the Poo or Kim Jung Ooon.

This is why 999% of females don't like Asian dudes.  They're quite cuckish.

Sir, this is an arbys Atlas not r/China

Why the hell is this garbage even on Atlas? Seems like pure racism to me (referring to the original quote, not the joke)
Yeah! I don't need the competition!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:56 AM »

At the very minimum, we should all offer critical support to the upcoming Biden Administration against the putschists.

These terrorists need to be stopped by any means necessary.

No. If anything I side with the putschists because I always support the underdog perspective. You remind me of this group that actually admitted that most of the imperialist ruling class supports Biden but still endorsed him anyway because MUH NAZIS: http://www.lrp-cofi.org/statements/election2020.html

Biden is the most bourgeois and reactionary Democrat in decades (while Trump is the least "bad" Republican, compared to Reagan, Bush, McCain, Romney, etc.) yet has gotten unprecedented support from supposed "radical leftists" who used to oppose the Democratic Party. Even Obama never had this kind of support and it is pretty disappointing, to say the least. I guess I shouldn't have expected much better from Trots.

I can't really stand with the MAGA movement though because it is cringe. I can support querfronts with some far-right groups but not the kind that think Obama wasn't pro-Israel enough, which is what most of the MAGA crowd are. I do stand with the woman who was murdered by the pigs. Working-class lives of ANY color don't matter to the pigs.

Let the commies fight each other.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 10:58:38 PM »

Yikes. This is the first truly bad, godawful gaffe that he's made since winning the election. You don't want to say this because it'll depend on the situation at the time. Even if it's true, you don't want to say it, you need to give people time to accept it. Saying it right now will just plunge people into useless hopelessness and frustration.

It's not the idea of wearing masks that is the issue, it's the notion that the president is not trying to end the pandemic which is implied by the statement, and that he is merely aiming for it to continue forever. The president is supposed to project hope, ambition and confidence, and stick to the positive.

Meanwhile back in reality, if everybody wore a mask at all times in public, the pandemic would quickly end

Um, no.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 01:52:46 PM »

Mathematics is a pointless subject to study at the secondary and post-secondary levels, considering calculators and computers exist.

Just sayin'

How is it even possible to be this ignorant?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 12:12:17 PM »

I was nourished by canned formula, and turned out pretty fantastic.

Breasts are sexual objects, and should not be used to feed infants.  That's just weird. 
That reads as obvious sarcasm to me.

People on Atlas have a tough time picking up on that, that's why vitoNova gets a lot of undeserved hate.
Most of us have mild autism, so...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »

I was nourished by canned formula, and turned out pretty fantastic.

Breasts are sexual objects, and should not be used to feed infants.  That's just weird. 
That reads as obvious sarcasm to me.

People on Atlas have a tough time picking up on that, that's why vitoNova gets a lot of undeserved hate.
Most of us have mild autism, so...

Hey, you said it not me.

And in fairness sarcasm can be tricky when you're reading as opposed to hearing someone's voice, regardless of who you are.
Well, I arguably have a much worse condition than mild autism, so I'm allowed to say that.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 08:01:31 PM »

I don't like ice cream.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2021, 04:25:53 PM »

As the article makes clear, this kid's problems originate outside the classroom.  Schools are critical points for delivering kids help they often can't get anywhere else, but they can't assume sole responsibility for rearing the next generation.  At some point, we have to concede that our culture of individuality and dependence has ruined tens of millions of lives.  We need a return to the Victorian concept of poverty as a moral failing of those languishing in it and understand our collective responsibility not to provide for them but to instruct them in how to live more virtuous lives. 
Very disappointed in Del Taco.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2021, 09:19:52 PM »

LA county swung right by 5 points likely due to their large Asian and Latinx population shifting right. White voters in California shifted more left from 2016 and it balanced out almost evenly.

> Latinx

I'm always a bit bemused by the way that a huge majority of even left wing posters on here are so freaked out by that term.

I'm torn between thinking this is more a sheer obstinate refusal to even try and understand the sorts of issues that are  significant outside of the English speaking world (which works the other way round too - see the "how would Belgium vote if it was a US state" type threads, where people try to calque US issues onto a context where they aren't especially relevant); or that it is simply down to the US being much more conservative on issues related to gender and LGBT equality. Nevertheless, it's remarkably different to how I see the issue being discussed by left wingers in French or German.
This isn't really true though. The US got same-sex marriage before a ton of European countries including yours that doesn't even have it yet (though that'll almost certainly change in the fall.)

Not because of changing attitudes, though. America was still deeply divided on the issue when Anthony Koch-ennedy decided he wanted a legacy other than his lifetime of gift-wrapped corporate decisions before he retired to hand an appointment over to Trump.   

You are the best poster.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2021, 10:57:10 PM »

can't believe twitter would openly cancel a hispanic person of color like that smh
"Fuentes" is a Portuguese name, not a Spanish one, so it's not Hispanic. And Portugal is a country in Europe.
Ignorant, sure, but is it so offensively ignorant as to belong here?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2022, 02:33:34 PM »

TIL Canada is somehow equivalent to North Korea

I don't want anything to do with that failed state.  Its like how many South Koreans don't want to reunite with NK.

It's well down the path now. Justin is turning out just like his dad. (Fidel Castro, not Pierre Trudeau)
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies