The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:17:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 167011 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: January 22, 2021, 09:48:23 PM »

The darkest day in American history is this day, in fact, in 1973 - when the Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #726 on: January 23, 2021, 05:01:42 PM »

If Vladmir Putin existed in 1896, would he have supported William Bryan? That democratic candidate is the kind of leader Putin likes: some characteristics of far-right, some characteristics of far-left

I just can't
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #727 on: January 23, 2021, 09:13:05 PM »

Definitely absurd as is the entire premise of the thread:

BRTD, you are not the target audience for this Australian show. (They flew the cast and contestants to Australia as they could film there.)
There exists lots of Australian emo and hardcore.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #728 on: January 25, 2021, 04:33:41 PM »

lol

Tilt D, Midterms don't matter unless you have a 40 percent approval like Trump whom was going thru Impeachment and D's lost seats in MO, IN and ND and  Iin 2014 CO, AK, LA, M, SD, WVA and AR and Obama had 11 percent Unemployment in 2010

Biden is at 52 Percent
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #729 on: January 29, 2021, 11:10:58 PM »

It would be a tie between cori bush and Marjorie taylor greene. Greene is a repugnant crazy radical qanon type and Cori bush is literally a blm organizer. Putting a blm in congress is the equivalent of putting a serial killer in a changeroom

Because BLM and QAnon are remotely comparable.... Roll Eyes
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #730 on: January 30, 2021, 09:30:55 PM »

She is a raving lunatic and Massive HP, obviously

However, expelling her for comments she made before getting elected is a flagrant disregard for the will of the voters that elected her.  Now, if she breaks the law or violates the rules of the House while in office that is another matter, but retroactively punishing her for things that voters should/could have known about when they elected her should be an affornt to all of our democratic sensibilities. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #731 on: January 31, 2021, 10:36:12 PM »

She is a raving lunatic and Massive HP, obviously

However, expelling her for comments she made before getting elected is a flagrant disregard for the will of the voters that elected her.  Now, if she breaks the law or violates the rules of the House while in office that is another matter, but retroactively punishing her for things that voters should/could have known about when they elected her should be an affornt to all of our democratic sensibilities. 

Even if I'm not sure I agree with this post (not sure I don't either), I fail to see why it belongs in this thread.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #732 on: February 02, 2021, 10:02:27 PM »

In 2096 when a Democrat finally wins VA, the Democrats here will all say "I told you it was trending Democrat!".
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #733 on: February 03, 2021, 01:57:13 PM »

In 2096 when a Democrat finally wins VA, the Democrats here will all say "I told you it was trending Democrat!".

To be fair, in 2004 Virginia swung Democratic but trended Republican. I don't think anyone could reasonably expect the state would become as solidly (Atlas) red as it has so soon. The absurdity is simply from assuming it would remain solidly blue until the end of the century.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #734 on: February 06, 2021, 05:22:16 PM »

The most out of touch post of 2021 so far.

Donald Trump also did not put 11,000 workers on unemployment in his first week in office.  Joe Biden did, and most of those folks were from a union that endorsed Biden.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #735 on: February 06, 2021, 05:28:10 PM »

The most out of touch post of 2021 so far.

Donald Trump also did not put 11,000 workers on unemployment in his first week in office.  Joe Biden did, and most of those folks were from a union that endorsed Biden.

With one stroke of a pen, 11,000 Keystone Pipeline Workers found themselves unemployed.

Care to modify a bit?

AtorBoltox

« Reply #736 on: February 06, 2021, 10:23:38 PM »

Before COVID homicides had been gradually decreasing for decades. If they stay high after a general return to normalcy, that's cause for concern. I don't believe they will, we will likely see a reduction as we get back to normal life.

Normal life?  We have people hysterical about the fact that VACCINATED people might still be able to spread it, LMFAO.  COVID won’t be eradicated, and there is a depressingly large (and growing) group of nerds who will either never go back to normal or will completely betray their soap box about the virus.  The crimes were a symptom of society endorsing society as we knew it being over.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #737 on: February 07, 2021, 11:11:51 AM »

I generally agree with this.  The issue with BLM and Antifa is that NONE of its leaders ever stepped up and said, "Wait, wait, this isn't what we're about!"  Had THAT happened, I would view BLM and Antifa somewhat differently.  Trump Supporters are not violent supporters of insurrection, and Donald Trump did not at any time plan, direct, and/or condone the violence of a group of his supporters.  (These folks were already at the Capitol when Trump spoke and were a mile and a half away from him.)  know that people are vested in that narrative, but it wouldn't last five (5) minutes in an honest Court. 

For the record, I don't approve of the way Trump handled the situation of the election, but he had every right to contest results.  He had every right to legally challenge them.  The Senators that sought to challenge the EV on January 6 had every right to do so; Democrats had done so in past years (though, perhaps, with less drama) and that is how our system work.  To those who bemoan what Trump did to "our Democracy", recent events ought to have educated Americans to the fact that we are not a "Democracy"; we are a REPUBLIC, and I have a new and profound appreciation for the difference.

When did Patrice Cullors or Alicia Garza state something like, "No, people, this is NOT what we're about!".  To my knowledge, never; if they did, the MSM would have long ago made this point and there would be no argument.  Antifa are agitators by nature; they exist to bring violence, but at one time I was willing to give BLM some props had their leaders repudiated the violence in their ranks.  But that didn't happen, and BLM's supporters in Congress and in public life responded to their violence with a combination of lying and gaslighting.  So, yes, the entire BLM organization owns this.  No one in Trump's circle, including Trump, called for the riot or condoned it at any time.  BLM and Antifa, from top to bottom, cannot say the same.

As to BLM, I would also ask when any of the prominent jocks and entertainment personalities that embraced BLM step up to condone the violence (instead of lying and saying that the protests were "mostly peaceful")?  The reaction of BLM, top to bottom, was denial of the violence, then justification of the violence.  Vandalism and destruction of property were described as not violence because buildings could be replaced.  I'm sure some BLM folks found that a bit much, personally, but ranks were closed.

But, yes, I do appreciate your post.  You're more honest and consistent on this issue than 99% of the people here that I would normally not agree with, politically.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #738 on: February 08, 2021, 02:43:11 PM »

People of differing groups should not mingle with one another, especially so if they're poor, and especially so if they're children. Such an environment as that is basically the equivalent of lighting a match around a gas leak.

This isn't to say that the reason for these different groups being different groups is valid. Race is bullsh!t, and the only way for we to advance as a nation is to shed these identities and the conflicts associated with them. That ain't ever gonna happen though, unfortunate as that may be.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #739 on: February 13, 2021, 09:34:36 PM »

Yikes. This is the first truly bad, godawful gaffe that he's made since winning the election. You don't want to say this because it'll depend on the situation at the time. Even if it's true, you don't want to say it, you need to give people time to accept it. Saying it right now will just plunge people into useless hopelessness and frustration.

It's not the idea of wearing masks that is the issue, it's the notion that the president is not trying to end the pandemic which is implied by the statement, and that he is merely aiming for it to continue forever. The president is supposed to project hope, ambition and confidence, and stick to the positive.

Meanwhile back in reality, if everybody wore a mask at all times in public, the pandemic would quickly end
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #740 on: February 13, 2021, 10:58:38 PM »

Yikes. This is the first truly bad, godawful gaffe that he's made since winning the election. You don't want to say this because it'll depend on the situation at the time. Even if it's true, you don't want to say it, you need to give people time to accept it. Saying it right now will just plunge people into useless hopelessness and frustration.

It's not the idea of wearing masks that is the issue, it's the notion that the president is not trying to end the pandemic which is implied by the statement, and that he is merely aiming for it to continue forever. The president is supposed to project hope, ambition and confidence, and stick to the positive.

Meanwhile back in reality, if everybody wore a mask at all times in public, the pandemic would quickly end

Um, no.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #741 on: February 14, 2021, 12:05:04 AM »

You would need an actual effective lockdown and stay at home order as well, which America never had because it's a garbage barge of a country.
diptheriadan

« Reply #742 on: February 14, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2021, 05:41:40 AM by diptheriadan »

People of differing groups should not mingle with one another, especially so if they're poor, and especially so if they're children. Such an environment as that is basically the equivalent of lighting a match around a gas leak.

This isn't to say that the reason for these different groups being different groups is valid. Race is bullsh!t, and the only way for we to advance as a nation is to shed these identities and the conflicts associated with them. That ain't ever gonna happen though, unfortunate as that may be.

TL;DR What I said was tone-deaf and stupid and doesn't really represent my actual views. Sorry about that. Longer explanation below.

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #743 on: February 14, 2021, 08:11:21 PM »

Pure Tossup WVA pending Manchin retirement

Lean D MT Tester the only one that can beat his is Gianforte, not Rosendale, OH Brown

Safe PA Casey, MI Stabenow, AZ Sinema, NV Rosen, VA Kaine, WI Baldwin and Klobuchar MN

Lean R FL and TX

Time for a thread rename!
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #744 on: February 14, 2021, 08:18:20 PM »

Lean D MT Tester the only one that can beat his is Gianforte, not Rosendale, OH Brown

Safe PA Casey, MI Stabenow, AZ Sinema, NV Rosen, VA Kaine, WI Baldwin and Klobuchar MN

Lean R FL and TX

No.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #745 on: February 14, 2021, 10:13:00 PM »

Lean R FL and TX

Bad idea jao.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #746 on: February 15, 2021, 01:50:16 PM »

Mathematics is a pointless subject to study at the secondary and post-secondary levels, considering calculators and computers exist.

Just sayin'
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #747 on: February 15, 2021, 01:52:46 PM »

Mathematics is a pointless subject to study at the secondary and post-secondary levels, considering calculators and computers exist.

Just sayin'

How is it even possible to be this ignorant?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #748 on: February 15, 2021, 03:23:23 PM »

TL;DR What I said was tone-deaf and stupid and doesn't really represent my actual views. Sorry about that. Longer explanation below.

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Hey, we all say dumb stuff in the heat of the moment. You're usually a solid poster who I wish would post more which is why I was so surprised. If bronz had said that for example I wouldn't have batted an eye lol. Good on you for self reflecting, that's something many cannot or will not do.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #749 on: February 15, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length