The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:41:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 130
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 177718 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: May 25, 2021, 03:08:16 PM »

Abolishment of the nucleur family? That's insanem Now I can see why their support will drop continuosly.
I would agree with them.
If anything, kids from a young age should be sent to a large centralized childcare center where large groups of children are provided for and later educated.

This would reduce inequality of opportunity to near zero, and would allow us to teach every child important values that many are missing today.

How is this ridiculous?
It makes perfect sense, what is the logical reason against it?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1051 on: May 25, 2021, 03:11:12 PM »

Abolishment of the nucleur family? That's insanem Now I can see why their support will drop continuosly.
I would agree with them.
If anything, kids from a young age should be sent to a large centralized childcare center where large groups of children are provided for and later educated.

This would reduce inequality of opportunity to near zero, and would allow us to teach every child important values that many are missing today.

How is this ridiculous?

You want kids to be taken from their parents at a young age
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1052 on: May 25, 2021, 03:14:11 PM »

I would agree with them.

How is this ridiculous?

Ideally yes, it would be nice to eliminate inequality from opportunity, and this would be the way to do it. However, you are ignoring the psychological impact this would have on everyone involved. Children need role models who aren't teachers or faceless bureaucrats, and parents would resist any effort to take their children away-- sometimes with deadly force.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1053 on: May 25, 2021, 03:43:57 PM »

I would agree with them.

How is this ridiculous?

Ideally yes, it would be nice to eliminate inequality from opportunity, and this would be the way to do it. However, you are ignoring the psychological impact this would have on everyone involved. Children need role models who aren't teachers or faceless bureaucrats, and parents would resist any effort to take their children away-- sometimes with deadly force.
My Orwellian system would create group supervisors who are watched to ensure they are doing their job, but also act as parental roles of sorts for smaller groups of kids.
I know that parents wouldn’t be happy and would fight, I know this would be near impossible to implement, this is a hypothetical (a should)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1054 on: May 25, 2021, 03:44:47 PM »

I would agree with them.

How is this ridiculous?

You want kids to be taken from their parents at a young age
Oh, so now the Republican is worried about kids being separated from parents.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1055 on: May 26, 2021, 02:11:40 PM »

Ohio is becoming bluer and FL and TX becoming redder
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1056 on: May 26, 2021, 03:12:34 PM »

Atlas colors, you turnip.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1057 on: May 26, 2021, 03:29:23 PM »

If its atlas colors, the post is still 1/3rd wrong due to FL.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1058 on: May 28, 2021, 02:31:25 PM »

There might be a scientific reason to not do certain things like this but from the Republicans it's coming from a place of biblical fantasy so clear, easy shoot down for that.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1059 on: May 29, 2021, 10:34:34 AM »

Yes, as should Wales and NI. They can rejoin the EU and a hard border can be instituted and the English can be punished for their mistake with tariffs and sanctions.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #1060 on: May 29, 2021, 11:22:48 AM »

There might be a scientific reason to not do certain things like this but from the Republicans it's coming from a place of biblical fantasy so clear, easy shoot down for that.

I don’t see what’s wrong with this
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1061 on: June 01, 2021, 10:53:01 AM »

The UK would be way better if England seceded.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1062 on: June 01, 2021, 12:59:50 PM »

Lol, doing ANYTHING for a religious reason for the country as a whole is an absurd/ignorant thing to do.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #1063 on: June 01, 2021, 02:16:01 PM »

I still stand by this statement.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1064 on: June 01, 2021, 02:22:42 PM »

I’ll stand by my putting it here...
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1065 on: June 01, 2021, 05:59:29 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1066 on: June 01, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »

Denounce BlueAnon, immediately.  Do it now - or prepare to be included in the bipartisan commission report that will be issued at a date TBD.

Because spraying paint on a sidewalk is the same as a violent coup attempt by people openly seeking to murder members of congress.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1067 on: June 01, 2021, 08:22:49 PM »

Denounce BlueAnon, immediately.  Do it now - or prepare to be included in the bipartisan commission report that will be issued at a date TBD.

Because spraying paint on a sidewalk is the same as a violent coup attempt by people openly seeking to murder members of congress.

No, you misunderstand.  Lying about the spraying of the paint - not the act of paint spraying.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1068 on: June 01, 2021, 09:38:26 PM »

Lol, doing ANYTHING for a religious reason for the country as a whole is an absurd/ignorant thing to do.

Would you oppose MLK on civil rights because he based his ethic on religion and not just "scientific reason"?
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1069 on: June 03, 2021, 03:33:39 AM »

The point of the Bill of Rights is to prevent government overreach. The point of the Senate is to prevent government overreach. You can disagree with either or both or none. But you can’t scream “democracy” against the Senate and support the Bill of Rights. You might as well say “why do
  • get a veto over speech prohibitions” or “why do criminals get a veto over cruel punishment.”

They should have sent a poet, I have no words to describe the ignorance.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1070 on: June 03, 2021, 09:25:15 AM »

Hassan is not more vulnerable than Warnock, Kelly, or Cortez-Masto, even if Sununu runs.

Do users really think we are gonna lose AZ, NV, NH, PA, or WI, these are the Northern 291 EC blue wall states, we are more likely to lose Southern red wall states in GA, OH, FL and NC, but with Rs -9 on Generic ballot they will be won too

Ohio is in the South now apparently..... I just can't
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1071 on: June 03, 2021, 02:36:01 PM »

You have the robots (Corporations & Oligarchs) who are the slave masters making sure the Matrix goes as planned (Media & MSM). Then you got the agents with the sunglasses (feds & abusive law enforcement), who are there to enforce that everything goes as planned, and to elimate anything that threatens the system. Then we get to the matrix (Mass surveillance state, morally corrupt bureaucracy), and you got the ones who choose to ignore it (blue pilled), choose to be willfully ignorant (Cypher), or you got the red pilled ones (Neo and co.)

Contender for worst post of the year
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1072 on: June 04, 2021, 11:37:45 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2021, 12:35:12 AM by DINGO Joe »

You have the robots (Corporations & Oligarchs) who are the slave masters making sure the Matrix goes as planned (Media & MSM). Then you got the agents with the sunglasses (feds & abusive law enforcement), who are there to enforce that everything goes as planned, and to elimate anything that threatens the system. Then we get to the matrix (Mass surveillance state, morally corrupt bureaucracy), and you got the ones who choose to ignore it (blue pilled), choose to be willfully ignorant (Cypher), or you got the red pilled ones (Neo and co.)

Contender for worst post of the year

Sure, along with the other 500 or so posts he's made this year.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1073 on: June 05, 2021, 10:14:12 AM »

Dr. Suess is bad, and you ought to avoid posting his content onto your signature.

Imagine hating on the OG Dr. Suess
I can't think of a single reason to dislike him and his books are dope
Something I'm missing?

Who is Dr. Suess?

(Dr. Seuss I've known about from childhood.)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1074 on: June 05, 2021, 09:23:55 PM »

Japan and South Korea are not really useful allies though, since they're largely demilitarized.  The U.S. uses their strategic locations to project power in the Indo-Pacific, but they aren't really stand-alone powers like the U.K. or Germany.

I voted for the UK, but there's actually a decent argument for Germany.  Its power comes from being at the center of Europe and the EU, and thus is America's most critical ally in buttressing Western trade and diplomatic conventions.     
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies