The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:16:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173435 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: June 06, 2021, 03:19:42 PM »

The fact you guys thought you could pass your entire agenda with only 50 votes is hilarious. A 222-213 house majority and 50-50 senate majority by definition means you have to water down much of your agenda to get it passed

It's pretty heartbreaking that even you are so far gone that you write off protecting the integrity of elections as merely "our agenda" rather than the last chance to save American democracy.

Like I said oppose it for these reasons :

- I oppose same day registration(Even Oregon doesn’t have this )

- I don’t think vote by mail should be expanded anymore than it already has as one of the biggest problem with vote by mail is it violates secret ballot principle

- I don’t think donations should be matched at a 6:1 ratio

-  candidates shouldn’t be required to release 10 years of tax returns . Mitt Romney only released  two and that is good enough

- I don’t trust independent commissions at all . Any commission should rather have equal amount of democrats and republicans only with no independents(other parties can get on the commission if they averaged 5% of the vote in presidential vote in the past decade ) . If they cannot come to an agreement then you would have an algorithm draw the lines

This bill isn’t anywhere near as good as you guys make it out to be

Girlfriend, just save us the time and say you don't want people that don't look like you to vote. We all know that's what you're trying to say. 
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1076 on: June 06, 2021, 08:10:46 PM »

He doesn't have to participate, he could boycott it to make it look like Biden's administration is even more illegitimate. Either that or give him the finger when the speech is finished.. LOL
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1077 on: June 06, 2021, 08:11:24 PM »

Pretty much every post by OC belongs in this thread, especially the ones in which he talks about religion and human evolution.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1078 on: June 06, 2021, 08:48:56 PM »

Pretty much every post by OC belongs in this thread, especially the ones in which he talks about religion and human evolution.

His theological views are no less valid than any others.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1079 on: June 06, 2021, 08:53:34 PM »

Thanks for posting directly in the thread!
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1080 on: June 06, 2021, 09:37:20 PM »

His views are valid, but he expresses them in an unintelligible way and doesn’t like being challenged on them.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1081 on: June 07, 2021, 02:37:29 PM »

His views are valid, but he expresses them in an unintelligible way and doesn’t like being challenged on them.

That applies to half of the Christians on this site.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1082 on: June 07, 2021, 09:47:29 PM »

An underrated reason why the Western Peruvian diaspora vote for KF is due to the past few years scaring them against the left. The likes of people like Jeremy Corbyn keeps the wounds of communism on their back, refreshened with the draconian lockdowns imposed by people like Joe Biden. Remember the huge swings Trump made with Latino voters, it’s clear that the international left gets them agitated to prevent their country from falling further to the lefts clutches.

Please list the draconian lockdowns imposed by Joe Biden.
You can’t even go too far from your home without a vaccine passport anymore. The fact that they’re implementing similar systems for procuring work and food is terrifying for a demographic against Covid restrictions by antisocial leftists.

Latin Americans value freedom of travel and getting up close to people. How else do you explain the #trendz

This is hogwash. Where and for what purposes are vaccine passports, in the unlikely event that any actually exist, required? Provide specifics or withdraw this ludicrous claim.

It’s right outside your door, you just need to remove the wool from your ears.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1083 on: June 08, 2021, 02:30:42 AM »

The fact you guys thought you could pass your entire agenda with only 50 votes is hilarious. A 222-213 house majority and 50-50 senate majority by definition means you have to water down much of your agenda to get it passed

It's pretty heartbreaking that even you are so far gone that you write off protecting the integrity of elections as merely "our agenda" rather than the last chance to save American democracy.

- I don’t think vote by mail should be expanded anymore than it already has as one of the biggest problem with vote by mail is it violates secret ballot principle

-  candidates shouldn’t be required to release 10 years of tax returns . Mitt Romney only released  two and that is good enough

- I don’t trust independent commissions at all . Any commission should rather have equal amount of democrats and republicans only with no independents(other parties can get on the commission if they averaged 5% of the vote in presidential vote in the past decade ) . If they cannot come to an agreement then you would have an algorithm draw the lines

Girlfriend, just save us the time and say you don't want people that don't look like you to vote. We all know that's what you're trying to say. 

Truth hurts, huh?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1084 on: June 08, 2021, 06:46:13 AM »

Truth hurts, huh?

This is the first I've heard of OSR pushing for only Indian-Americans to be able to vote.
Pro-Israel, anti-Bibi
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1085 on: June 08, 2021, 07:51:01 AM »

POW/MIA flag designed to promote a radical far-right conspiracy theory after the Vietnam War = okay for every f***ing Post Office in America

Huh

This is correct actually. This was a 1970s and grew into 1980s BS conspiracy theory made Popular by Rambo movies among others oh, that the sneaky sneaky inscrutable Asian North Vietnamese were still holding some of our brave boys captive because... Well, because they are bad guys and communist you see.

It did, however, demonstrate solidarity with families of POWs and MIAs whose whereabouts have never been confirmed.  It was a source of comfort to many of these families.  And the difference between this issue and others is that it was our Government for whom they fought and were captured and/or died.

Our POWs that came back DID suffer torture.  I suspect you care not one whit about that. They weren't liberals.  They were brave, they were held captive, and the North Vietnamese DID ignore all standards set by the Geneva Convention as to how to treat Prisoners of War.  Perhaps you could recognize that. 

How do you know this? Not everyone who fought in the war was conservative. Stop making such absurd statements.

The bulk of those fighting the Vietnam War were working class kids from conservative families who weren't college-bound and could not avoid the draft.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1086 on: June 08, 2021, 10:12:31 AM »

POW/MIA flag designed to promote a radical far-right conspiracy theory after the Vietnam War = okay for every f***ing Post Office in America

Huh

This is correct actually. This was a 1970s and grew into 1980s BS conspiracy theory made Popular by Rambo movies among others oh, that the sneaky sneaky inscrutable Asian North Vietnamese were still holding some of our brave boys captive because... Well, because they are bad guys and communist you see.

It did, however, demonstrate solidarity with families of POWs and MIAs whose whereabouts have never been confirmed.  It was a source of comfort to many of these families.  And the difference between this issue and others is that it was our Government for whom they fought and were captured and/or died.

Our POWs that came back DID suffer torture.  I suspect you care not one whit about that. They weren't liberals.  They were brave, they were held captive, and the North Vietnamese DID ignore all standards set by the Geneva Convention as to how to treat Prisoners of War.  Perhaps you could recognize that. 

How do you know this? Not everyone who fought in the war was conservative. Stop making such absurd statements.

The bulk of those fighting the Vietnam War were working class kids from conservative families who weren't college-bound and could not avoid the draft.

Beat me to it, though I came here to post his previous post. Someone really outdid themselves in $hit posting.
Pro-Israel, anti-Bibi
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1087 on: June 08, 2021, 10:24:43 AM »

Huh

Beat me to it, though I came here to post his previous post. Someone really outdid themselves in $hit posting.

Haven't you heard? Only liberals can afford to go to college. The 64 graduates of Thomas Edison High School in Philadelphia (80% black) who died in Vietnam were all from patriotic, conservative families.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1088 on: June 08, 2021, 12:54:30 PM »

No. Although the end of the ROC would be good, it's not worth giving the USA and its corporate satellites free reign to imperialize the entire Korean peninsula. The humanitarian consequences would be incalculable and represent an unacceptable stab-in-the-back against the Korean civilization. It would probably represent the most despicable act ever made in Chinese history.

Especially because barring a black swan event, Taiwan is not a healthy society and will cease to be a distinct one from the Mainland in 50 years, while the DPRK is still going strong after seven decades of an American-led siege.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1089 on: June 09, 2021, 12:30:12 AM »

No. Although the end of the ROC would be good, it's not worth giving the USA and its corporate satellites free reign to imperialize the entire Korean peninsula. The humanitarian consequences would be incalculable and represent an unacceptable stab-in-the-back against the Korean civilization. It would probably represent the most despicable act ever made in Chinese history.

Especially because barring a black swan event, Taiwan is not a healthy society and will cease to be a distinct one from the Mainland in 50 years, while the DPRK is still going strong after seven decades of an American-led siege.

There is Tanki cosplay oh, but this takes it too frightening levels. Written by someone who will never have to face living a week in the most totalitarian state in the world
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1090 on: June 09, 2021, 09:44:18 AM »

Sucks that T-Mac is going to run away with this nomination because JCF seems like one of the best gubernatorial candidates anywhere. She could've been a real model for black women to win statewide in 2022 (Abrams, Beasley, etc.) but old white men just can't give up their power.

Imagine opposing BIG F[INKS]ING TMAC because WHITE MEN BAD.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1091 on: June 09, 2021, 12:20:35 PM »

Sucks that T-Mac is going to run away with this nomination because JCF seems like one of the best gubernatorial candidates anywhere. She could've been a real model for black women to win statewide in 2022 (Abrams, Beasley, etc.) but old white men just can't give up their power.

I supprted TMac, but you’re getting it wrong here, increased minority representation in elected office should be a goal for the Democratic Party. Comments like these honestly make me question your loyalty to your self proclaimed “all liberal, all the time” ideology. You sound no different than a Republican here, that’s the simple truth.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1092 on: June 09, 2021, 12:34:56 PM »

I wonder what jaichind thinks.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1093 on: June 09, 2021, 12:46:40 PM »

I supprted TMac, but you’re getting it wrong here, increased minority representation in elected office should be a goal for the Democratic Party. Comments like these honestly make me question your loyalty to your self proclaimed “all liberal, all the time” ideology. You sound no different than a Republican here, that’s the simple truth.

I think Birdturd is trolling, see his comment in the NYC Mayor thread about not supporting Maya Wiley because Elizabeth Warren endorsed her. He's just being inflammatory.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1094 on: June 09, 2021, 01:03:21 PM »

Getting good people in office should be the goal of the Democratic Party and BIG TMAC is definitely such. JCF actually seems good too but she never really had a chance against BIG TMAC to begin with and would've been better off running for a different office first.

Also I've never voted for a Republican in my life.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1095 on: June 09, 2021, 08:53:42 PM »

On this Forum, I not only can imagine it; I can expect it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1096 on: June 09, 2021, 10:36:32 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2021, 12:22:17 PM by 🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸 »

$15 an hour is not even that much money, yet conservatives act as if it requires a Master's and a PHd.

Ummmm......maybe in your expensive urban area, but in at least 30% of all states, a full time worker making 15 dollars/hour is earning the MEDIAN income of that state.

There is a reason a $15 dollar minimum wage is a non starter in congress.
You do realize that inflation occurs at a constant, slow rate, which also compounds over time - right? The value of currency and volume of currency in circulation always changes.

At 2% real inflation per year, $10 becomes $10.20, then $10.40, then $10.61, then $10.82, then $11.04. $11.04 in Year Six dollars is the same as $10 in Year One dollars.

If you aren’t getting an annual raise that compensates for inflation of the currency, you are actually losing income every year. That’s not a moral indictment, that is just a fact. Facts don’t care about your feelings, snowflake.

just a bizarre post. nothing in it is factually wrong or even controversial, but Matty didn't mention inflation or anything that it could be considered a response to.  and to top it off, some gratuitous stock troll phrases.
Pro-Israel, anti-Bibi
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1097 on: June 09, 2021, 10:42:07 PM »

$15 an hour is not even that much money, yet conservatives act as if it requires a Master's and a PHd.

Ummmm......maybe in your expensive urban area, but in at least 30% of all states, a full time worker making 15 dollars/hour is earning the MEDIAN income of that state.

There is a reason a $15 dollar minimum wage is a non starter in congress.
You do realize that inflation occurs at a constant, slow rate, which also compounds over time - right? The value of currency and volume of currency in circulation always changes.

At 2% real inflation per year, $10 becomes $10.20, then $10.40, then $10.61, then $10.82, then $11.04. $11.04 in Year Six dollars is the same as $10 in Year One dollars.

If you aren’t getting an annual raise that compensates for inflation of the currency, you are actually losing income every year. That’s not a moral indictment, that is just a fact. Facts don’t care about your feelings, snowflake.

just a bizarre post. nothing in it is factually wrong or even controversial, but Matty didn't mention inflation anything that it could be considered a response to.  and to top it off, some gratuitous stock troll phrases.

He treated that post with the respect and patience it deserved, which is none.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1098 on: June 10, 2021, 09:44:58 AM »

I do love how everytime someone wants to lecture me on the simple folkways of the interior where they don't need your big city wages because everything costs a nickle it's a California or Washington Av.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1099 on: June 10, 2021, 12:59:00 PM »

How can you vote 100 % of the time with Nancy Pelosi [...] and not be a socialist?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies