KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:17:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 39
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 60169 times)
kph14
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: June 23, 2020, 06:49:35 PM »

The Associated Press expects a delay in vote tabulation and race calls because a large number of voters cast absentee ballots. These ballots will be tabulated on June 30. Precincts reporting figures do not include these ballots.

I just read this on one NYT results page. Apparently absentee ballots wont be counted until next week! What a disgrace!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #576 on: June 23, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »

Disgraceful! We need more polling stations and faster tabulation!
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #577 on: June 23, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2020, 06:57:12 PM by Oryxslayer »

Reminder. Obviously some of these votes are republicans, and not all expected ballots will be returned. Some counties will count absentees tonight. Others, most notably the Big ones, will not.
n1240

« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »

Any county that isn't close 100% of their 2016 primary total should be assumed to be election day vote only.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #579 on: June 23, 2020, 07:00:10 PM »

I will say this, the eastern Kentucky returns look quite bad for McGrath. She will need to do better in Jefferson county to make up some of these losses.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #580 on: June 23, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »

And this must be said

This is not a liberal vs moderate contest. This is a candidate propped up by out of state suburbanites and a candidate supported by local longtime (and I will say #populist Purple heart ) democrats. Let's go Charles.
n1240

« Reply #581 on: June 23, 2020, 07:06:54 PM »

I will say this, the eastern Kentucky returns look quite bad for McGrath. She will need to do better in Jefferson county to make up some of these losses.

She's doing fine in the counties that have absentees included in their totals. Problem is we don't really know the absentee/eday split in those counties to determine how much better McGrath is doing in absentees over eday.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #582 on: June 23, 2020, 07:07:43 PM »

Booker ahead in critical suburbs for now

That Kenton number stunned me. Even though it will eventually narrow, that should be right in McGrath’s wheelhouse
You can't draw to too many conclusions tonight! I expect Booker potentially ahead at the end of this Night because of the In-Person Vote. Will that hold up when the Absentee Votes are counted later this week. I seriously doubt it!

NBC has only 15 % of Kenton in while AP has 100 %.

Completely agree. I’ll be watching Boone closely to see how legitimate that number might be. Kenton in particular caught my eye because I’d expect McGrath to clean up there. I’m sure she’ll take the lead with absentee ballots, the question is just is it nearly enough to compensate for Louisville.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #583 on: June 23, 2020, 07:08:36 PM »

Jefferson/Fayette will not release any votes tonight.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #584 on: June 23, 2020, 07:12:55 PM »

For anyone frustrated by what will likely be an uncertain results tonight for the KY-DEM-PRIM, and possibly even longer as a result of a dramatic growth in Vote-By-Mail combined with much smaller # of precincts in the largest counties (although apparently efficiently run).

We are looking at potentially record total turnout for a KY PRIM, where neither national party has a competitive Presidential Race....

As an Oregonian used to Vote-by-Mail, I tend to prefer my elections like a smooth "creeper wine", or possibly a good Canadian "sipping Bourbon", or possibly even like a really good intense and intimate romantic physical encounter....

Let the results build up slowly, hit a mid point of dramatic tension with a final peak, and then gradually the blood pressure slows down and the euphoric high kicks in, and then the gradual downhill climb from the Mountain, with still potential suspense and uncertainty hovering in the air....

This will be the new norm in America, and although we might not always get our immediate gratification, I would rather go with a long and slow roll versus the final "Firework Finale" getting shot off 5 Minutes into the experience....
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #585 on: June 23, 2020, 07:16:14 PM »

Booker ahead in critical suburbs for now

That Kenton number stunned me. Even though it will eventually narrow, that should be right in McGrath’s wheelhouse
You can't draw to too many conclusions tonight! I expect Booker potentially ahead at the end of this Night because of the In-Person Vote. Will that hold up when the Absentee Votes are counted later this week. I seriously doubt it!

NBC has only 15 % of Kenton in while AP has 100 %.

Read you dolt
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #586 on: June 23, 2020, 07:22:39 PM »

Any bets on same-day out of Campbell County?

Boone
was narrow McGrath, but Kenton heavily Booker....

All three counties are roughly 89-92% Anglo....

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #587 on: June 23, 2020, 07:26:37 PM »

Any bets on same-day out of Campbell County?

Boone
was narrow McGrath, but Kenton heavily Booker....

All three counties are roughly 89-92% Anglo....

Probably Booker for that precise reason.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #588 on: June 23, 2020, 07:28:33 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #589 on: June 23, 2020, 07:31:05 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2020, 07:46:28 PM by Alben Barkley »

If McGrath is still leading at the end of the night, she'll almost certainly win due to an advantage in mail-in ballots (Booker's surge didn't come until pretty late). Even if she's losing narrowly, she'll probably win after all the ballots come in.

Booker would probably want to be closer than within 12 points by now. Because while he will likely win Jessamine Jefferson* County, it probably isn't gonna be a blowout there big enough to make up for losing the rest of the state.

*Clearly I've had too much bourbon tonight...
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #590 on: June 23, 2020, 07:32:43 PM »

...Based on the same day voting only. Doubt that will hold in the end.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #591 on: June 23, 2020, 07:40:03 PM »

If McGrath is still leading at the end of the night, she'll almost certainly win due to an advantage in mail-in ballots (Booker's surge didn't come until pretty late). Even if she's losing narrowly, she'll probably win after all the ballots come in.

Booker would probably want to be closer than within 12 points by now. Because while he will likely win Jessamine County, it probably isn't gonna be a blowout there big enough to make up for losing the rest of the state.

Do we have any idea of how many ballots were cast by day by county?

Reason I ask, is that for example when I was covering some elections in AZ, it was really easy to pull up how many ballot were received each day, partisan breakdown etc, by county...

We have something similar in OR.

So the concept of early VbM vs late VbM could obviously make a difference with the composition of the electorate, as well as individuals who might have voted through VbM during a period where Booker was surging....
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #592 on: June 23, 2020, 07:42:33 PM »

And this must be said

This is not a liberal vs moderate contest. This is a candidate propped up by out of state suburbanites and a candidate supported by local longtime (and I will say #populist Purple heart ) democrats. Let's go Charles.

I don't really like either of them. McGrath is clearly a weak candidate. If that wasn't clear before (it was to this KY-06 Jim Gray voter, who was indeed kind of pissed that in 2018 she came out of nowhere and spoiled the race for a great mayor), it certainly should be if she barely beats a guy no one had heard of a week ago despite having all the money and DSCC support on her side.

But Booker is even more DOA in this state than she is. The kind of "populism" supported by the Sunrise Movement does not play well in most of Kentucky. It's really just a matter of who will lose to McConnell and by how much.

I don't know, at this point I'm kind of hoping both will somehow lose. I voted for McGrath weeks ago, reluctantly. But I'm not even sure I still would today. I will have some schadenfreude if she ends up losing to an upstart in a similar fashion to what she did to Jim Gray. And yeah, Booker is at least a real Kentuckian.

All I know for sure is I REALLY wish Rocky Adkins or even Matt Jones had run, and I'm pissed at Schumer for apparently picking McGrath over Jones. If he had bothered to ask me or anyone else who lives in her district, we would have told him how bad a candidate she was. Her flashy Marine fighter ads couldn't make up for that. She totally blew that very winnable seat.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2020, 07:42:38 PM »

Booker would probably want to be closer than within 12 points by now. Because while he will likely win Jessamine County, it probably isn't gonna be a blowout there big enough to make up for losing the rest of the state.

Not necessarily. Some counties may not even report their election day votes today.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2020, 07:44:37 PM »

And this must be said

I don't really like either of them. McGrath is clearly a weak candidate. If that wasn't clear before (it was to this KY-06 Jim Gray voter, who was indeed kind of pissed that in 2018 she came out of nowhere and spoiled the race for a great mayor), it certainly should be if she barely beats a guy no one had heard of a week ago despite having all the money and DSCC support on her side.

But Booker is even more DOA in this state than she is. The kind of "populism" supported by the Sunrise Movement does not play well in most of Kentucky. It's really just a matter of who will lose to McConnell and by how much.

I don't know, at this point I'm kind of hoping both will somehow lose. I voted for McGrath weeks ago, reluctantly. But I'm not even sure I still would today. I will have some schadenfreude if she ends up losing to an upstart in a similar fashion to what she did to Jim Gray. And yeah, Booker is at least a real Kentuckian.

All I know for sure is I REALLY wish Rocky Adkins or even Matt Jones had run, and I'm pissed at Schumer for apparently picking McGrath over Jones. If he had bothered to ask me or anyone else who lives in her district, we would have told him how bad a candidate she was. Her flashy Marine fighter ads couldn't make up for that. She totally blew that very winnable seat.

I agree that both are unelectable, and I agree completely that Rocky Adkins would be an amazing candidate. And when I meant populist, I didn't mean Sunrise so much as Grimes (although her populist cred is eh).

Yeah, Dems whiffed on this racer by no getting Adkins.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #595 on: June 23, 2020, 07:49:00 PM »

So we still have some big looking Counties out there in terms of RAW Votes:

Christian County (41 Precincts)
Henderson County (45 Precincts)
Warren County   (88 Precincts)
Hardin County   (59 Precincts)
Campbell County (67 Precincts)
Franklin County (44 Precincts)

etc....

We also have some significant precincts in SE and NE KY, which don't necessarily show tons of DEM-SEN PRIM Votes yet....

Any ideas about these Counties?
n1240

« Reply #596 on: June 23, 2020, 07:49:12 PM »

fairly small eday vote in Fayette but Booker dominates.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #597 on: June 23, 2020, 07:51:03 PM »

If Kentucky is a PREVIEW what's to come in November we may not know the answer who will be the next POTUS for Days, even weeks UNLESS Biden wins by 6-10 Points nationally and his Poll-lead, he has right now holds up until Nov 3rd.

Well, Democrats wanted this Absentee Nonsense and they have to live by it.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #598 on: June 23, 2020, 07:53:56 PM »

If Kentucky is a PREVIEW what's to come in November we may not know the answer who will be the next POTUS for Days, even weeks UNLESS Biden wins by 6-10 Points nationally and his Poll-lead, he has right now holds up until Nov 3rd.

Well, Democrats wanted this Absentee Nonsense and they have to live by it.

For anyone frustrated by what will likely be an uncertain results tonight for the KY-DEM-PRIM, and possibly even longer as a result of a dramatic growth in Vote-By-Mail combined with much smaller # of precincts in the largest counties (although apparently efficiently run).

We are looking at potentially record total turnout for a KY PRIM, where neither national party has a competitive Presidential Race....

As an Oregonian used to Vote-by-Mail, I tend to prefer my elections like a smooth "creeper wine", or possibly a good Canadian "sipping Bourbon", or possibly even like a really good intense and intimate romantic physical encounter....

Let the results build up slowly, hit a mid point of dramatic tension with a final peak, and then gradually the blood pressure slows down and the euphoric high kicks in, and then the gradual downhill climb from the Mountain, with still potential suspense and uncertainty hovering in the air....

This will be the new norm in America, and although we might not always get our immediate gratification, I would rather go with a long and slow roll versus the final "Firework Finale" getting shot off 5 Minutes into the experience....
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #599 on: June 23, 2020, 07:56:54 PM »

While I expect McGrath to do better among early votes, Booker really has a chance if he dominates in Jefferson. Obviously either have no chance against McConnell, but it’s hard to argue that Booker isn’t the better candidate.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies