Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:07:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 363554 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: May 28, 2020, 06:19:33 PM »

Quinn
Warren
Bottoms
Bustos

That should be the final shortlist. Nothing else.

STOP PUSHING THESE PEOPLE 95% OF AMERICANS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF

Bustos is a poor woman's Amy Klobuchar. She has no baggage.

Bottoms is not going to upstage Biden, something Abrams would do.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1876 on: May 28, 2020, 06:23:30 PM »

Quinn
Warren
Bottoms
Bustos

No one has ever heard of these people the last time someone so irrelevant was picked as VP was like, Charles Dawes in 1924.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1877 on: May 28, 2020, 06:25:34 PM »

Just pick Kamala Harris lol
Proud Independent
Rookie
« Reply #1878 on: May 28, 2020, 06:33:28 PM »

It will probably be Harris, was originally gonna say Demmings but than I realized Harris is a younger version of Demming's by 7 years. And has charisma & a more fleshed out political career than Demmings who's only been in Congress for three years. Klob is done.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1879 on: May 28, 2020, 06:37:59 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1880 on: May 28, 2020, 06:42:24 PM »

Exactly. She actually has a relationship with and will galvanize the votes of those who 8 or 9 times out of 10 will support Democrats. Folks forget that the primary reason Black primary voters went with Biden was because HE was supposed to be the white whisperer. Like... let’s stop the charade.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #1881 on: May 28, 2020, 07:03:30 PM »

Help me out here. It’s got to be between Harris, Warren, and a third person at this point,  probably Duckworth. So why wait all the way till August?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1882 on: May 28, 2020, 07:15:17 PM »

Help me out here. It’s got to be between Harris, Warren, and a third person at this point,  probably Duckworth. So why wait all the way till August?

Better to do as much possible vetting and make the announcement when more people are tuned into the race. IIRC Obama did not reveal his choice until around the same time in 2008, if not later.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1883 on: May 28, 2020, 07:17:06 PM »

Wow, Liz Warren is relentless! Two contenders in one day—a breakneck pace. At this rate, she’ll be announced as the pick next week!
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1884 on: May 28, 2020, 07:20:33 PM »

I wonder what skeletons CCM has in her closet...

(Granted, she may just genuinely not want to be president/VP)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1885 on: May 28, 2020, 07:22:44 PM »

Just pick Kamala Harris Elizabeth Warren lol

Smiley
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1886 on: May 28, 2020, 07:30:31 PM »

I wonder how far Hilda Solis' stock has risen since CCM's exit and the de facto departure of Grisham.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #1887 on: May 28, 2020, 07:35:44 PM »

Catherine Cortez Masto was the candidate I preferred, because I think Biden needs to gain more support with Hispanics than he does with the African American community, with whom he already has deep ties. Anyway, if it can't be her, I'm supporting Kamala Harris over Warren.
Proud Independent
Rookie
« Reply #1888 on: May 28, 2020, 07:48:21 PM »

I mean technically CCM could still become VP. I remember in 08 I read Biden had to tell Obama camp to rule him out for VP numerous times.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1889 on: May 28, 2020, 07:58:59 PM »

I mean technically CCM could still become VP. I remember in 08 I read Biden had to tell Obama camp to rule him out for VP numerous times.

But he still participated in the vetting process.  If CCM is actually not participating in the vetting process, then she's out.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1890 on: May 28, 2020, 08:00:55 PM »

Quinn
Warren
Bottoms
Bustos

Biden-Bottoms is never going to happen for fairly obvious reasons.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #1891 on: May 28, 2020, 08:27:30 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 12:01:54 AM by Ogre Mage »

But he still participated in the vetting process.  If CCM is actually not participating in the vetting process, then she's out.

Earlier reports suggested CCM was ambivalent about the running mate slot.  She also had not yet been thoroughly vetted.  So the reasons for her withdrawal are unclear.  Perhaps she just decided she didn't want it.  Or maybe the preliminary vetting uncovered a problem she did not want to deal with.  Or maybe she and Biden had strong disagreements about her possible role as VP.  Or some mix of the above.  

rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #1892 on: May 28, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »

I think it's clearly going to be either Warren or Harris, depending on which candidate's strengths the Biden campaign is valuing more a month or so from now (this may depend heavily on how the course of the pandemic, the economy, and the current police brutality/race relations crisis go). There are very strong arguments for either of them, but I don't really see how the arguments for most of the other candidates outweigh them.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1893 on: May 28, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/499936-top-democratic-pollster-advised-biden-campaign-to-pick-warren-as-vp

One of the Democratic Party’s top pollsters gave a presentation to senior members of former Vice President Joe Biden’s presidential campaign earlier this month making the case that Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) would provide the most upside as Biden’s running mate.

Stanley Greenberg, who advised the presidential campaigns of both former President Clinton and former Vice President Al Gore, presented a 14-deck slide to the Biden campaign detailing how the likely Democratic nominee needs to grow his support among young people and Democrats who did not support him during the primary.

I think Warren's unlikely in the sense that she'd overshadow Biden, but maybe Massachusetts is the place to go. How would you feel about putting Ed Markey on the ticket?
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1894 on: May 28, 2020, 09:07:28 PM »

And with that it looks like we're not getting a Latina veep.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1895 on: May 28, 2020, 09:08:48 PM »

Noooooooooooo!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1896 on: May 28, 2020, 09:25:34 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/499936-top-democratic-pollster-advised-biden-campaign-to-pick-warren-as-vp

One of the Democratic Party’s top pollsters gave a presentation to senior members of former Vice President Joe Biden’s presidential campaign earlier this month making the case that Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) would provide the most upside as Biden’s running mate.

Stanley Greenberg, who advised the presidential campaigns of both former President Clinton and former Vice President Al Gore, presented a 14-deck slide to the Biden campaign detailing how the likely Democratic nominee needs to grow his support among young people and Democrats who did not support him during the primary.

I think Warren's unlikely in the sense that she'd overshadow Biden, but maybe Massachusetts is the place to go. How would you feel about putting Ed Markey on the ticket?

Um, being from Massachusetts isn't the reason Warren is a good pick. so Markey as a compromise pick makes no sense.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1897 on: May 28, 2020, 09:28:20 PM »

Boooooo
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1898 on: May 28, 2020, 10:42:09 PM »

Um, being from Massachusetts isn't the reason Warren is a good pick. so Markey as a compromise pick makes no sense.

Markey is boring old and white and a man
walleye26

« Reply #1899 on: May 28, 2020, 11:04:24 PM »

Tammy Duckworth anybody? Michelle Lujan Grisham?
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies