Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:34:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 358098 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 25, 2019, 01:08:24 AM »

All in for Stacey and KLB (who's a MASSIVE part of why he's doing so well in GA)

how?  what are they doing for him?

I suspect what helps Biden most in GA is being Obama's VP.
They were talking about KLB only. She has endorsed him.

I do agree he’d be leading in GA regardless.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »

Harris had the most CBC endorsements. They will definitely put pressure on Joe to make Kamala his VP.

Abrams is running for Governor again. No other younger woman will get as much attention as Harris.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 12:17:25 AM »

Harris had the most CBC endorsements. They will definitely put pressure on Joe to make Kamala his VP.

Abrams is running for Governor again. No other younger woman will get as much attention as Harris.

Tammy Duckworth, Tammy Baldwin, Sally Yates (not young but still)?
Nope. Kamala was falling in the polls but she was still well liked people just liked Warren, Biden, and Pete more. Kamala will be the reverse of what Biden was for Obama. She will help with suburban white women and non-white voters in the Sun Belt while he works whatever magic he thinks he has with WWC in the Midwest.

Kamala had one of the highest proportions of female donors and in the latest Morning Consult she had the highest proportion of non-white supporters (47 percent of her supporters were non white compared to 35 for Biden and 20 for Warren).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 10:43:16 PM »

I really think this would be a killer ticket. Biden is arguably the strongest Dem already on his own, and Kamala has so much appeal. There's no way she's not at or near the top of his VP list. The most loyal Democratic voter group is African American women, so the party kind of "owes" it to black women at this point to have one on the ticket. I could also see Kamala the prosecutor destroying Mike Pence in the VP debate. There's also the added benefit of not having to worry about her safe Senate seat.

My only worry is that her prosecutor background combined with Biden's role in crafting the 1994 Crime Bill could cause Trump to outflank them on criminal justice reform. That possibly could diminish turnout among some black voters.
Biden’s involvement in the crime bill has not penetrated at all and don’t expect it to happen in the general. He is a man and will simply skate on things that Clinton could not.

Harris was not a tough on crime, War on Drugs Democrat. I believe she can articulate this to the general election electorate without obsessing over the Bernie Twitter Nazis.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 06:54:55 AM »

The Veepstakes isnt like it once was, most candidates,  ran for Prez and failed and show no interest in being Veep. Harris brings no electability to the ticket, she is from Cali and hasnt served longer than 2 yrs to bring anything like foreign policy to the table. She would bring experience to a cabinet position, but Biden or Bernie would be best to pick Yates, whom is from GA
Read the room. Harris’s exit has had major impact on this race. Biden needs to choose her. There is no one that balances the ticket AND brings major press, attention, and a fervent fan base to Biden like Harris.

And stop name dropping Yates. She has no interest in electoral politics and has said this a million times.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 02:29:34 PM »

The Veepstakes isnt like it once was, most candidates,  ran for Prez and failed and show no interest in being Veep. Harris brings no electability to the ticket, she is from Cali and hasnt served longer than 2 yrs to bring anything like foreign policy to the table. She would bring experience to a cabinet position, but Biden or Bernie would be best to pick Yates, whom is from GA
Read the room. Harris’s exit has had major impact on this race. Biden needs to choose her. There is no one that balances the ticket AND brings major press, attention, and a fervent fan base to Biden like Harris.

And stop name dropping Yates. She has no interest in electoral politics and has said this a million times.
She would win no voters for Biden that Duckworth or Yates would not. She has no real appeal Nationwide, and any she did have has been ruined by this run for president.
I don’t believe that at all.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 09:15:18 PM »

I think he's just virtue signaling and folks need to calm down.

I strongly believe his VP choice will be a solid woman who can run a vigorous primary for POTUS on her own in four years.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 09:35:46 PM »

Warren is out. Not that a 70 year old woman who would have a GOP replacement would be particularly appealing in the first place. We also forget that she constantly butted heads with the Obama administration. It’s not going to be her.

I think the 6 are all Senators/Governors: Amy/Kamala/Duckworth/Baldwin/CCM/Lujan Grisham
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 09:42:07 PM »

Warren is out. Not that a 70 year old woman who would have a GOP replacement would be particularly appealing in the first place. We also forget that she constantly butted heads with the Obama administration. It’s not going to be her.

I think the 6 are all Senators/Governors: Amy/Kamala/Duckworth/Baldwin/CCM/Lujan Grisham
no Whitmer?
I don’t think she wants it.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 11:38:45 PM »

Keisha Lance Bottoms is not qualified to be President. She is not on the short list. Lol.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 11:57:35 PM »

If the country remains on lockdown it's going to be Harris or Klobuchar. The VP nominee won't have the space to introduce herself to the public the normal way. Choosing someone who ran for POTUS would be a bonus in that case.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 06:38:51 AM »

Biden-Warren would be so off. She needs to stay in the Senate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »

Harris said on Sharpton show she isnt a candidate for Veep, she is staying in the Senate. I believe what she says.

Its probably Klobuchar, she is the only one that hasnt denied Veep speculation

Everyone says until being asked. Saying "yup, I'd like to VP" is not something candidates usually do.

I can see Biden nominating Harris for SCOTUS, too, since he promised to nominate a black woman.
Harris has no interest in this. Can we stop name dropping her for stuff she said she didn’t want? She’s not the only black woman on Earth. There are plenty of qualified black women federal judges that Biden can appoint. When I hear Kamala name dropped for lesser roles like AG or SCOTUS it feels very token-ish. She ran for PRESIDENT. And turned down Obama for AG twice.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 01:06:16 PM »

The criticism against black women that they are "cops" reminds me of 2007 when people were accusing Obama of not being "black enough".

And the criticism against Harris is every bit as stupid as the complaints against Obama were.

Whether you like the criticism or not, it stuck with young black voters. And Demings was quite literally a police chief... so yeah, a cop.

And it's not a criticism against "black women", its a criticism against Demings and Harris. No one calls Maxine Waters, Ayanna Pressley, or Stacey Abrams cops. Law enforcement officers, be they DA's or police officers, are overwhelmingly unpopular among black voters under 30.

So while Harris and Demings may shore up old black people (an age group that already loves Biden and gave him the nomination in the first place over the objections of everyone else), they'll push younger ones further away.

It's an unnecessary risk when other potential VP's offer the same things Harris does without the downsides.
Harris never appeared on the ballot. How do you know it “stuck with young black voters”? Because Black Bernie stans and blue checks on Twitter didn’t like her?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 04:36:50 PM »

Keisha Lance Bottoms is an awful orator and she's an Executive but not on the scope that I would be comfortable with her as President. That's an absolute hell no. LOL.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 09:37:45 PM »

She is so thirsty about it. I can’t.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 10:36:25 AM »

Biden has already pledged to name a black woman as his first Supreme Court nominee and a Supreme Court justice is more powerful and influential than a Vice President and their decisions can affect us for years or decades. 
Both can and should be black women.

I don't want to hear "It should be the person most qualified". A VP pick is always about pandering or doubling down on a message. And there are multiple qualified and capable black women who can be chosen as VP.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 03:34:58 PM »

Warren is over 70 and will be replaced by a Republican. IDK why people are itching for her to be on the ticket.

Whitmer needs to be focused on her state.

Klobuchar is exactly like Biden. She brings nothing new to the table.

Harris or Duckworth please.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 07:40:20 PM »

I don't get why people don't think Harris isn't progressive either. She's very progressive?
She made the mistake of not being born Bernie Sanders.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »

CC: Stacey Abrams

Her VP crusade has lowered my opinion of her.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2020, 06:24:07 PM »

Klobouchar is a much better candidate and person than Harris. But we know Joe will go with Harris bc Dem ID politics demands it.
FOH.

Kamala and her both had the same career path besides Kamala running the largest DOJ in the country besides the US DOJ. While Amy was locking innocent black teens up for murders they didn’t commit, Kamala was redirecting low level non-violent offenders away from prison sentences, driving down marijuana convictions every year she was AG, getting billions from big banks, and prosecuting people who victimized women and children.

Ignoring her impeccable resume and declaring her potential pick as identity politics is racist as hell. She is more than qualified.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2020, 06:35:40 PM »

Klobouchar is a much better candidate and person than Harris. But we know Joe will go with Harris bc Dem ID politics demands it.
FOH.

Kamala and her both had the same career path besides Kamala running the largest DOJ in the country besides the US DOJ. While Amy was locking innocent black teens up for murders they didn’t commit, Kamala was redirecting low level non-violent offenders away from prison sentences, driving down marijuana convictions every year she was AG, getting billions from big banks, and prosecuting people who victimized women and children.

Ignoring her impeccable resume and declaring her potential pick as identity politics is racist as hell. She is more than qualified.
Looks like Harris will be the pick regardless, but I still think Duckworth is the way to go. What does Harris have that she doesn't?
I’ve posted several times that if Duckworth was chosen I’d be equally satisfied as I would be with Kamala.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2020, 09:01:43 PM »

That this report is in the NY Post is a dead giveaway that it's inaccurate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2020, 03:55:16 AM »

I been expecting Klobuchar. My problem with her is she is too safe of a pick. To be honest she does not the charisma needed to lead a ticket. This matters more because there is a chance Biden won't serve a full term. Harris would be a better pick as she has the charisma Klobuchar lacks. Whitmer might work. Her handling of the coronavirus could show readiness. She is still a couple years in her term. Duckworth not sure about.

I think Klobuchar is more charismatic than Harris, she at least has Midwestern authenticity and did better in her presidential campaign while Harris seems inauthentic.
What the heck is Midwestern authenticity? Seems like another way to say inoffensive white woman. Kamala has more electoral benefits than Klobuchar. I would want the woman Dolores Huerta endorsed because of her strong background standing up for farm workers, someone who can go to Florida and relate to first generation Caribbean communities, who can talk to the burgeoning AAPI electorates in TX and GA, and double down on suburban white women. Klobuchar ain’t got it. Picking HER would be Tim Kaine tier.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies