Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:43:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 363392 times)
Duke of York

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: May 29, 2020, 02:43:50 PM »

I hope its Demings.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1951 on: May 29, 2020, 02:54:16 PM »

Kamala is disqualified based on her refusal to investigate the shootings of Ezell Ford and Mario woods. She has lots of other bag is in my opinion but this is the stuff that’s relevant now. His best bet is to take Warren or Presley to reach out, or Susan Rice or Tammy Duckworth to double down on his brand. I wish Stacey Abrams was still in contention stacey Abrams was still in contention But because of our dumb notion’s of what it means to be a “qualified“ candidate, she’s not
Well, tough luck buddy. Kamala is most likely going to be Biden's running mate. What are you going to do then?
SJ84
Rookie
« Reply #1952 on: May 29, 2020, 03:07:28 PM »

Val Demings is definitely the dark horse in the VP race but I'll be shocked if Kamala Harris isn't selected.

A Biden/Harris ticket would be a powerful force. 
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #1953 on: May 29, 2020, 03:08:50 PM »

Kamala is disqualified based on her refusal to investigate the shootings of Ezell Ford and Mario woods. She has lots of other bag is in my opinion but this is the stuff that’s relevant now. His best bet is to take Warren or Presley to reach out, or Susan Rice or Tammy Duckworth to double down on his brand. I wish Stacey Abrams was still in contention stacey Abrams was still in contention But because of our dumb notion’s of what it means to be a “qualified“ candidate, she’s not
Well, tough luck buddy. Kamala is most likely going to be Biden's running mate. What are you going to do then?
What are people basing that off of? Just hope that the team isn’t going to actually look at her record?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1954 on: May 29, 2020, 03:15:22 PM »

I definitely believe her chances have rocketed after this week... probably in the top three at the moment.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #1955 on: May 29, 2020, 04:18:03 PM »

This it’s hard to manage for me because of my disability, so I apologize for her quoting incorrectly
2. To answer your question I think her record speaks for it self. If the vet gets even 1/3 of what it supposed to do there should be a greater chance of a snowball in hell then her being perfect. Also much is made of bushes voodoo economics comment, but there is never been anything like presidential candidate telling a debate audience to google they’re running mates name along with the phrase “1000 prisoners freed“ They’re not going to walk into that trap. So to answer your question, I just believe the Biden team is going to be thorough enough to not take her. There are plenty of other qualified black woman.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1956 on: May 29, 2020, 04:19:58 PM »

The CA media ripped Kamala to shreds and called her a social worker when she was DA and AG. This narrative that she ran as a Tough on crime Democrat throwing Black and other people of color in prison with impunity only popped up when she became a threat for the Democratic nomination. It’s BS.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1957 on: May 29, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »

I definitely believe her chances have rocketed after this week... probably in the top three at the moment.

Her chances have done the opposite... he’s not picking a literal cop for VP after what happened this week. Not even a black one.

White police aren’t unpopular among the Democratic base. Cops as a whole are, and Demings is one. If the Biden campaign cared about the left and voters under 40, Demings would be done. Presley is an infinitely better pick.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1958 on: May 29, 2020, 04:24:13 PM »

It can't not be Kamala Harris at this point. If there's a skeleton in her closet or she doesn't want it, Val Demings is next in line.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #1959 on: May 29, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »

Even before events of the last 10 days I thought Sen. Harris was the most likely pick.  Her chances are even higher now.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1960 on: May 29, 2020, 04:37:10 PM »

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1961 on: May 29, 2020, 04:55:11 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 05:02:38 PM by Storr »

Harris just seems like such a cold oatmeal kind of choice. I'd almost rather Cory Booker. Out of the two on the "short list", I'd prefer Val Demmings. She hits on so many levels: great underdog/coming up from poverty story, successful law enforcement experience, unifies/balances the ticket being member of a very important minority group for any Democratic Presidential ticket, plus she's from a large perennial swing state.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1962 on: May 29, 2020, 04:58:49 PM »

Harris just seems like such a cold oatmeal kind of choice. I'd almost rather Cory Booker.

Sadly not possible (as a Booker fan) because it would represent a massive u-turn from the 'woman VP' stance.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1963 on: May 29, 2020, 05:07:33 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1964 on: May 29, 2020, 05:40:01 PM »

Y I K E S
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #1965 on: May 29, 2020, 08:11:30 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 08:17:07 PM by DisneyDem »

Why is the list of black women so short? Why not look at someone like Tish James, Who has won a state wide election, and is a former public defender? There are plenty of black women Who were not corrupt prosecutors . And don’t give me that “nobody knows them“ Argument. This election is a referendum between decency and chaos. The majority of voters don’t even watch the primary anyway. They’re not gonna be overly familiar with whoever he selects, and that will not make a difference. Well will make amThis selection is a referendum between decency and chaos. Good majority of voters don’t even watch the primary anyway. They’re not going to be overly familiar with whoever he pigs in the beginning. And that confusion is not going to matter. What is going to matter is what the media digs up on the record a month, two months into the Campaign. And that’s where Harris will unravel. Why settle for her?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1966 on: May 29, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »

Why is the list of black women so short? Why not look at someone like Tish James, Who has won a state wide election, and is a former public defender? There are plenty of black women Who were not corrupt prosecutors . And don’t give me that “nobody knows them“ Argument. This election is a referendum between decency and chaos. The majority of voters don’t even watch the primary anyway. They’re not gonna be overly familiar with whoever he selects, and that will not make a difference. Well will make amThis selection is a referendum between decency and chaos. Good majority of voters don’t even watch the primary anyway. They’re not going to be overly familiar with whoever he pigs in the beginning. And that confusion is not going to matter. What is going to matter is what the media digs up on the record a month, two months into the Campaign. And that’s where Harris will unravel. Why settle for her?

State-level elected officials below Governor are simply never considered for VP, ever.

Given that Biden clearly wants a Veep with at least some experience, he's only looking at candidates who are in the House, Senate or have held a cabinet position
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1967 on: May 29, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »

State-level elected officials below Governor are simply never considered for VP, ever.

Given that Biden clearly wants a Veep with at least some experience, he's only looking at candidates who are in the House, Senate or have held a cabinet position

There are still plenty of black women within that category who we've never or rarely heard touted.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1968 on: May 29, 2020, 09:05:06 PM »

There are still plenty of black women within that category who we've never or rarely heard touted.
Which ones?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1969 on: May 29, 2020, 09:18:21 PM »

This Daily Beast report on Klobuchar's plummeting standing in Biden world is pretty yikes for her:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/team-biden-on-klobuchar-we-need-to-avoid-her?ref=scroll

“Vertiginous,” a campaign adviser said in a one-word text, describing Klobuchar’s fall in the rankings of potential running mates.

The three-term senator’s drop has been so swift that a planned Minnesota digital event with Dr. Jill Biden and coronavirus first-responders scheduled for Friday was pulled, according to a source familiar with the campaign’s deliberations, “partly because we need to avoid her.”

According to a Biden campaign official, all of Dr. Biden’s virtual events on Friday were canceled “because of George Floyd’s tragic killing and the events that followed” and the “decision had nothing to do with the fundraiser Dr. Biden was scheduled to participate in with Sen. Klobuchar.”
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1970 on: May 29, 2020, 09:23:09 PM »

Which ones?

Sticking to candidates younger than Biden and not counting House members: Carol Moseley-Braun, Alexis Herman, Loretta Lynch and Lisa Jackson don't seem to have been mentioned at all.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1971 on: May 29, 2020, 09:28:57 PM »

Mayor of Atlanta looking strong tonight.  Folks generally don't consider mayoral experience to be as qualifying as congressman/senator/governor, but we live in interesting times. 
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1972 on: May 29, 2020, 09:34:57 PM »

Mayor of Atlanta looking strong tonight.  Folks generally don't consider mayoral experience to be as qualifying as congressman/senator/governor, but we live in interesting times. 
A++ speech.
God bless her.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1973 on: May 29, 2020, 09:35:25 PM »

Awesome.

Would prefer she run for Gov of GA though. Tongue
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1974 on: May 29, 2020, 11:04:54 PM »

Mayor Bottoms appears to be getting the attention of the Biden team.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies