Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:50:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 364994 times)
Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: May 29, 2020, 09:30:57 AM »

Good news for Trump. Biden is weak with hispanics.
What isn't good news for Trump?
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1926 on: May 29, 2020, 09:45:10 AM »

At this point I would think if he wants a black VP, Demings might be his best option. Her personal life is a much better story than Harris' and she has less of a media entourage. If he wants the midwestern moderate, Whitmer (other than protestors who are not representative of the state) is a better option than Klobuchar after this.

The least experienced might be the least risky.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1927 on: May 29, 2020, 10:25:16 AM »

Yeah, SOLIDARITY with police is the right angle to take right now. Unbelievable.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1928 on: May 29, 2020, 10:30:56 AM »

If Biden picks Warren Democrats are basically throwing the 2024 Election away.

There is ZERO Chance Warren would win a POTUS Race against the likes of Haley, Rubio, Pence, DeSantis, Scott, Hawley with her Progressive Agenda & Views.

Warren would even lose to Mike Pence.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1929 on: May 29, 2020, 11:04:57 AM »

There is ZERO Chance Warren would win a POTUS Race against the likes of Haley, Rubio, Pence, DeSantis, Scott, Hawley with her Progressive Agenda & Views.

Can you let me know what the weather will be like on August 12th 2022?
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1930 on: May 29, 2020, 11:09:32 AM »

I thought it was going to be Klobachour. Not anymore, she’s done.

It’s now all Harris. I can’t stand that woman, terrible veep....
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1931 on: May 29, 2020, 11:27:09 AM »

Are people just blindly repeating the conclusions of that absolute garbage story about Klobuchar being tied to the cop?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1932 on: May 29, 2020, 11:28:15 AM »

A Progressive Democrat like Warren, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders, etc. will never ever win the Democratic Nomination and if they do by some accident they would lose to Republicans in a massive landslide.

Republicans had the same thoughts like the liberal left wing of the Democratic Party has right now in 2008 and 2012 by trying a Mike Huckabee or Rick Santorum. It did not work and it will not work.

Get used to it! Both Parties Nominees will always be in some form a Moderate.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1933 on: May 29, 2020, 11:29:23 AM »

Because her candidacy is attached to a live political scandal. Whether that's fair or not, picking her would be a free hit for the Republicans, and I think it's overwhelmingly likely the Biden campaign would want to avoid this.
Barack Oganja

« Reply #1934 on: May 29, 2020, 11:33:01 AM »

Are people just blindly repeating the conclusions of that absolute garbage story about Klobuchar being tied to the cop?
Politics are all about optics, and the optics for her are bad right now between her lukewarm reception among African-Americans, and whatever role, real or imagined, people think she had in letting bad cops off the hook in MN. She won't be the VP.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1935 on: May 29, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »

A Progressive Democrat like Warren, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders, etc. will never ever win the Democratic Nomination and if they do by some accident they would lose to Republicans in a massive landslide.

Republicans had the same thoughts like the liberal left wing of the Democratic Party has right now in 2008 and 2012 by trying a Mike Huckabee or Rick Santorum. It did not work and it will not work.

Trump is not a moderate. Pence is not a moderate. Haley, Rubio, DeSantis, Scott, and Hawley are not moderates. The GOP will not nominate a moderate for the foreseeable future.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1936 on: May 29, 2020, 11:38:56 AM »

Trump is not a moderate. Pence is not a moderate. Haley, Rubio, DeSantis, Scott, and Hawley are not moderates. The GOP will not nominate a moderate for the foreseeable future.
Haley, Rubio, Scott are Reform Conservatives with Moderate Views. Trump is a lot more moderate compared to his VP Pence.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1937 on: May 29, 2020, 11:48:12 AM »

Haley, Rubio, Scott are Reform Conservatives with Moderate Views. Trump is a lot more moderate compared to his VP Pence.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1938 on: May 29, 2020, 11:48:57 AM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1939 on: May 29, 2020, 11:51:19 AM »

Politics are all about optics, and the optics for her are bad right now between her lukewarm reception among African-Americans, and whatever role, real or imagined, people think she had in letting bad cops off the hook in MN. She won't be the VP.

Oh god, it's 2016 again.  "Yes it's a lie but the truth doesn't matter, optics matter."

It's a f***ing lie and you people are blindly believing it and repeating it.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1940 on: May 29, 2020, 11:55:08 AM »

Oh god, it's 2016 again.  "Yes it's a lie but the truth doesn't matter, optics matter."

Even if it isn't true, Klobuchar is still a terrible pick. She motivates nobody.She doesn't help turn out progressives, African-Americans, or Hispanics, which are all crucial parts of the Democratic coalition. Progressives and Hispanics are especially important given Biden's weakness with them. Klobuchar is also from a state Biden is almost certainly going to win and doesn't help in other swing states. She's one fo the worst choices Biden could make.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1941 on: May 29, 2020, 11:58:54 AM »

For a VP decision though, as unfair as it may be, Biden isn't going to want to introduce any unnecessary potential for controversy.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1942 on: May 29, 2020, 12:01:18 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 01:38:26 PM by TJ in Oregon »

Oh god, it's 2016 again.  "Yes it's a lie but the truth doesn't matter, optics matter."

Even if it isn't true, Klobuchar is still a terrible pick. She motivates nobody.She doesn't help turn out progressives, African-Americans, or Hispanics, which are all crucial parts of the Democratic coalition. Progressives and Hispanics are especially important given Biden's weakness with them. Klobuchar is also from a state Biden is almost certainly going to win and doesn't help in other swing states. She's one fo the worst choices Biden could make.
We don't need Progressives in the United States of America! If some people want a Progressive Agenda move over to Europe and make a career there if your can.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1943 on: May 29, 2020, 12:05:09 PM »

Cheri Bustos is a poor woman's Amy Klobuchar...centrist, Midwestern woman, without the baggage.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1944 on: May 29, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »

It's Harris vs Warren now.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1945 on: May 29, 2020, 01:18:39 PM »

Meh, too bad CCM is out. Means I'll change my signature in favor of Kamala. Hope she's being picked now as the best possible ticket balancer.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1946 on: May 29, 2020, 01:21:16 PM »

Zero chance Biden picks a white woman now.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #1947 on: May 29, 2020, 02:15:40 PM »

Kamala is disqualified based on her refusal to investigate the shootings of Ezell Ford and Mario woods. She has lots of other bag is in my opinion but this is the stuff that’s relevant now. His best bet is to take Warren or Presley to reach out, or Susan Rice or Tammy Duckworth to double down on his brand. I wish Stacey Abrams was still in contention stacey Abrams was still in contention But because of our dumb notion’s of what it means to be a “qualified“ candidate, she’s not
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1948 on: May 29, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »

85% chance it's Harris at this point.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #1949 on: May 29, 2020, 02:40:40 PM »

Dear God no.
Kamala is disqualified based on her refusal to investigate the shootings of Ezell Ford and Mario woods. She has lots of other bag is in my opinion but this is the stuff that’s relevant now. His best bet is to take Warren or Presley to reach out, or Susan Rice or Tammy Duckworth to double down on his brand. I wish Stacey Abrams was still in contention stacey Abrams was still in contention But because of our dumb notion’s of what it means to be a “qualified“ candidate, she’s not
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies