SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 07:48:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts  (Read 39893 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: October 11, 2020, 11:52:08 PM »
« edited: October 12, 2020, 12:00:18 AM by UWS »

That's a brilliant strategy by the Harrison campaign.  Lindsey Graham has flip flopped so many times on so many issues, Harrison could just use different quotes and videos of Graham in different targeted advertising.

1) Use right wing quotes from Lindsey to drive up liberal base voters and black voters in certain areas

2) Use video footage of Graham attacking Trump in conservative areas of the state

3) Use videos that highlight Graham's flip flopping and total lack of self-dignity in educated parts of the state and suburbs like Charleston.

I can think of a lot of words to describe Jaime Harrison; « consistent » is not one of them. When it comes to police defunding, he once said earlier this year that he's opposed to any effort to defund the police, but he accepted funds from groups that promote defunding the police. On transparency, he said, back in 2017, quote « Why the hell did it have to prompt @PressSec to get that damn tax return out of his file cabinet?! » And now he refuses to match the 11 years of state and federal tax returns that Graham released. He's just one to talk on flip-flop.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #401 on: October 12, 2020, 01:03:38 AM »

That's a brilliant strategy by the Harrison campaign.  Lindsey Graham has flip flopped so many times on so many issues, Harrison could just use different quotes and videos of Graham in different targeted advertising.

1) Use right wing quotes from Lindsey to drive up liberal base voters and black voters in certain areas

2) Use video footage of Graham attacking Trump in conservative areas of the state

3) Use videos that highlight Graham's flip flopping and total lack of self-dignity in educated parts of the state and suburbs like Charleston.

I can think of a lot of words to describe Jaime Harrison; « consistent » is not one of them. When it comes to police defunding, he once said earlier this year that he's opposed to any effort to defund the police, but he accepted funds from groups that promote defunding the police. On transparency, he said, back in 2017, quote « Why the hell did it have to prompt @PressSec to get that damn tax return out of his file cabinet?! » And now he refuses to match the 11 years of state and federal tax returns that Graham released. He's just one to talk on flip-flop.

Joe Biden wants to double the capital-gains tax rate, but he accepted funds from GeneralMacArthur, who opposes that tax increase.  What's your real position, Joe?  Typical politician, he'll probably sell out to his donors first chance he gets.

Also, I will pay you $100 if you can find one single real, genuine South Carolina voter who gives a damn that Jaime Harrison, who has released his tax returns, hasn't released whatever specific subset of his returns Lindsey is now demanding after the latest goalpost-shifting.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2020, 02:16:24 AM »

Very glad to see my "stop donating to meme candidates who don't have a chance in hell" speech aged poorly here.

If Harrison donated half of that $57M to Al Gross and the other half to Steve Bullock we'd be all-but-guaranteed to flip those two seats.

Not to hate on Jaime, who is awesome, or his fantastic campaign.  Just that the sudden competitiveness of this race doesn't justify massive donations to Jaime at the expense of other candidates.

Gross and Bullock have more than enough money to compete in their dirt cheap states. To repeat myself, if anyone could use this kind of cash is Hegar because Texas is by far the most expensive battleground state.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2020, 05:14:09 AM »

Didn't Harrison release all of his tax returns? Embarrassing Graham?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #404 on: October 12, 2020, 06:02:31 AM »

help me Lindsay Graham dot com help me I’m getting killed Lindsay Graham dot com five dollars ten dollars Lindsay Graham dot com won’t you please help me Benghazi
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2020, 01:58:32 PM »

help me Lindsay Graham dot com help me I’m getting killed Lindsay Graham dot com five dollars ten dollars Lindsay Graham dot com won’t you please help me Benghazi

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2020, 02:59:30 PM »

Lol it's obvious you've copy and pasted this from twitter.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2020, 03:24:14 PM »

Is this a joke? If so, great ad, otherwise, Lindsey Graham truly is desperate.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2020, 03:25:01 PM »

Check the source.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2020, 03:25:49 PM »

Check the source.

Oh it's by the Lincoln Project. Great satirical ad!
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2020, 03:29:50 PM »

We are reaching sh*tposting levels that shouldn't be possible
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2020, 03:39:09 PM »

Probably the best ad they've done. Only changes I would make would be to take out the political audio commentary from him: "HELP ME THEY'RE KILLING ME HELP ME", "I'M BEING KILLED" and "call right now and you'll be given this picture of Lindsey Graham gulping down a hotdog" (maybe change the hotline to 1-800-LIL-MISS on top of that): basically a Vic Berger charity-style ad.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2020, 03:49:09 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't think that ad is playing anywhere, and it's not even publicly listed on YouTube.  You have to directly navigate to it.

Lincoln Project has been making a lot of money writing really good ads that they only run on the internet and the choir is their only audience.  I don't know how many Republicans in South Carolina will actually see this ad.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #413 on: October 12, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't think that ad is playing anywhere, and it's not even publicly listed on YouTube.  You have to directly navigate to it.

Lincoln Project has been making a lot of money writing really good ads that they only run on the internet and the choir is their only audience.  I don't know how many Republicans in South Carolina will actually see this ad.

Grifters gonna grift
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2020, 09:07:09 PM »

Don’t they run some of them in DC? Or maybe not many?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2020, 09:41:33 PM »

Don’t they run some of them in DC? Or maybe not many?

Yeah, they run ads in DC just to mess with Trump's head and throw him off his game.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2020, 09:48:42 PM »

No more farmers market fundraising for Jaime. He's got enough. If I personally send any money out, it will be to Peters, Gross, or Bullock.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #417 on: October 12, 2020, 10:03:54 PM »

Graham is begging for money again lmao

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2020, 10:07:56 PM »

Between Lindsey, McSally and Ernst, who has embarrassed themself the most this cycle?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2020, 10:12:23 PM »

Between Lindsey, McSally and Ernst, who has embarrassed themself the most this cycle?

Yes.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2020, 10:16:30 PM »

Graham is begging for money again lmao

I burst out laughing when seeing this. Old Miss Lindsay has found herself in a funk. And I have no sympathy for her whatsoever.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2020, 10:21:11 PM »

He must have taken a Trump makeup tutorial because he looks ridiculously tan in that clip.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2020, 08:34:30 AM »

I fail to see how this is helpful, even in SC

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2020, 10:09:32 AM »

Republicans need to get their talking points straight.

Half of the party is saying "lol hysterical libtards think ACB wants to repeal Obamacare -- nobody is gonna repeal Obamacare."

The other half is saying "Obamacare is a DISASTER and we must get ACB to the court so it can be repealed!"

which is it, you evil clowns?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »

Insane these fundraising numbers from Harrison. He's a Beto-like candidate, but hopefully he can actually win this thing. This would give me even more joy than Ted Cruz losing would have. Heck, even more joy than Mitch losing. Graham is the biggest hypocrite in Washington and has zero credibility after his 180 degree turn on Trump. This guy deserves to lose more than anyone else running this year except for Trump himself.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies