SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:45:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts  (Read 38397 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« on: September 09, 2020, 09:37:40 PM »

For a long time, I've said this race would be Lean R. This only makes me more confident that this is a realistic senate pick up opportunity for Democrats
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:41:18 PM »

Also the Lincoln Project released a new ad yesterday attacking Graham. Warning: it is the single most revolting political ad I've ever seen. It actually made me want to throw up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrJsW3dZov0

Yeah I saw. Hopefully we can "accidentally" create Trump-Harrison voters or at least Trump-Abstain voters through Trump supporters not trusting Graham.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 09:33:34 AM »

I never thought it would get to the point where I feel more comfortable saying that an Arizona Senate seat would flip... in favor of Democrats than the GOP will hold onto a senate seat in SC.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:12:12 PM »

Hmm...I wonder who made a thread 2 months back making an argument that SC-Sen would be competative.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 11:07:00 AM »

If we win this, I'm going to be so happy. All hands on deck!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 09:50:24 AM »

I'm worried about the black belt shift to the right from 2016 to 2018. Is this reversible or not.

Most of it is just the black belt losing it's black population, and also the fact that black turnout in the South is terrible during midterm elections. It'll wing back in a full turnout election, but overall it prolly is trending to the right just due to population shifts, but that is canceled out by the gains Democrats are making in other parts of the state.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 12:24:22 PM »

Even if Harrison doesn't win, we ought to commend him for making inroads--even if Graham is just a particularly detestable person. This feels similar to Beto's run against Ted Cruz but even Cruz didn't flounder at every turn the way Lindsey has...

Every dollar the GOP has to invest in SC-SEN is a race they can't invest in NC-SEN
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 03:24:14 PM »

help me Lindsay Graham dot com help me I’m getting killed Lindsay Graham dot com five dollars ten dollars Lindsay Graham dot com won’t you please help me Benghazi

Is this a joke? If so, great ad, otherwise, Lindsey Graham truly is desperate.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 03:25:49 PM »

help me Lindsay Graham dot com help me I’m getting killed Lindsay Graham dot com five dollars ten dollars Lindsay Graham dot com won’t you please help me Benghazi

Is this a joke? If so, great ad, otherwise, Lindsey Graham truly is desperate.

Check the source.

Oh it's by the Lincoln Project. Great satirical ad!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »

Remember that South Carolina has some of the most stringent voter access laws in the country.  Absentee ballots must be signed by a witness, and there's no early voting.  Voter registration closed a month before election day.

Does that mean someone has to watch you fill out your ballot and sign it? What if you're not married and have no friends?

Isn't SC's absentee in-person voting essentially early voting?

Yes, people are voting in person right now. But you do need a witness when you sign your mail-in ballot.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »

Epic. I think Harrison could get to 47 or even 48% but cracking 50% will be near impossible, so splitting the R vote as much as possible is a very useful strategy. We’ll see how effective it ends up being.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies