Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:39:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150676 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2425 on: October 07, 2020, 11:07:26 PM »

No one told me when I signed up for an online class I'd have to download a 2 GB powerpoint every week.  I'm spending hours every day trying to make space on my computer.
2 GB?! Does it have embedded videos? Was the class designed for an online format, or was it just shoddily repackaged as an online course for COVID? There's really no excuse for someone designing a course that way.

It has embedded videos, and is the first time the professor has taught this course online.  He must not know of a better way to do it, and I'm not sure how much help the university's IT is in terms of direction on these things.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2426 on: October 07, 2020, 11:19:20 PM »

No one told me when I signed up for an online class I'd have to download a 2 GB powerpoint every week.  I'm spending hours every day trying to make space on my computer.
2 GB?! Does it have embedded videos? Was the class designed for an online format, or was it just shoddily repackaged as an online course for COVID? There's really no excuse for someone designing a course that way.

It has embedded videos, and is the first time the professor has taught this course online.  He must not know of a better way to do it, and I'm not sure how much help the university's IT is in terms of direction on these things.

Yeah, it's one of the challenges of the move to online instruction right now. Some professors are experienced in it, while others understandably find the move rather difficult, especially with the time constraints in redesigning the online elements of the course.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2427 on: October 09, 2020, 08:14:57 AM »

Today marks 9 months since I started losing weight.  I'm down 87.4 pounds, although it hasn't been as much of late (have only been very lightly dieting, combined with not having as much fat to lose):

First 3 Months: 55.6 pounds
Next 3 Months: 22.6 pounds
Last 3 Months: 9.2 pounds

I do want to hit 100 inside of a year, so I might have to pick up the pace a bit.  I have lost 6.2 pounds in the last 4 weeks after almost entirely stalling for a couple months (3 pounds in over 2 months), so that pace would have me at 100 pounds lost on December 5th.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #2428 on: October 09, 2020, 08:26:50 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2020, 08:37:09 AM by Virginiá »

Today marks 9 months since I started losing weight.  I'm down 87.4 pounds, although it hasn't been as much of late (have only been very lightly dieting, combined with not having as much fat to lose):

I do want to hit 100 inside of a year, so I might have to pick up the pace a bit.  I have lost 6.2 pounds in the last 4 weeks after almost entirely stalling for a couple months (3 pounds in over 2 months), so that pace would have me at 100 pounds lost on December 5th.

That is amazing progress ER! Glad to hear it. But I have to say, losing that much that fast is pretty hard on the kidneys. You should keep an eye on the side effects of such rapid weight loss.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2429 on: October 09, 2020, 08:35:58 AM »

That is amazing progress ER! Glad to hear it. But I have to say, losing that much that fast is pretty hard on the kidneys. You should keep on the side effects of such rapid weight loss.

A lot of it was just that, when you weigh 360 pounds like I did (I am 6'5", but it's still a lot), there is a lot of weight that it just looking to melt off.  I followed Nutrisystem pretty strictly from January through April, and 15 pounds of those were just my first week, weight that wasn't really cemented onto me.  Now, I'm only partway doing Nutrisystem, partway eating reasonably, and maybe twice a week eating whatever I want (I've been often doing that on Sundays to go out and watch football since I'm a fan of an out of market team).  That's how I've now gotten into the 1-2 pounds per week mode.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2430 on: October 09, 2020, 03:10:51 PM »

You know I’m really starting to view myself as sort of a figurative pig. Like don’t wrestle with the pig because you’ll both get dirty but the pig likes it. But only figuratively of course, since I am a total wuss when it comes to physical confrontation.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2431 on: October 09, 2020, 08:35:16 PM »

Steve Scully has put me on CSPAN’s airwaves three out of the four times I’ve gotten on.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2432 on: October 09, 2020, 09:54:39 PM »

Steve Scully has put me on CSPAN’s airwaves three out of the four times I’ve gotten on.
Do reformed white nationalists call into the Democrat or Republican line?
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #2433 on: October 09, 2020, 11:33:40 PM »

I'm sporting a Japan avatar because I'll be on my way to Japan in two months. Hopefully, COVID permitting, I'll get to visit Kyoto, Tokyo, Hiroshima, and my girlfriend's home city. Japan has been much better with COVID, however.

And before you say anything, no, I am not getting catfished lol. We met here in the United States and have been together for a while now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2434 on: October 09, 2020, 11:40:33 PM »

They didn’t have those specific options the day I spoke to Ron Paul Tongue
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2435 on: October 09, 2020, 11:42:54 PM »

They didn’t have those specific options the day I spoke to Ron Paul Tongue

Tbh from now on i’m just going to assume that every CSPAN FL caller is you.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2436 on: October 10, 2020, 08:17:47 PM »

I should call onto C-SPAN one day soon
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2437 on: October 11, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »

Just got polled for the first time. Cheesy

Unfortunately, because I'm still registered in NC and in the process of registering in VA, the poll might be slightly off but I was like "Hell yeah I've never done a poll before", so I took it anyway.

I gave mostly good marks to Biden and all negative marks to Trump, approve of Roy Cooper, said that both Thom Tillis and Cal Cunningham are personally scumbags but Cunningham's scandal doesn't disqualify him from office and Tillis has not been taking the pandemic seriously. I answered that I am not very confident that the election will be conducted fairly.

The lady surveying me was very pleasant and I could tell by her tone who she's voting for. Tongue
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2438 on: October 11, 2020, 01:29:15 PM »

Unfortunately, because I'm still registered in NC and in the process of registering in VA, the poll might be slightly off but I was like "Hell yeah I've never done a poll before", so I took it anyway.

I gave mostly good marks to Biden and all negative marks to Trump, approve of Roy Cooper, said that both Thom Tillis and Cal Cunningham are personally scumbags but Cunningham's scandal doesn't disqualify him from office and Tillis has not been taking the pandemic seriously. I answered that I am not very confident that the election will be conducted fairly.

Do you vote in North Carolina then, or Virginia? Your Biden vote would be worth more in North Carolina since he's obviously winning Virginia quite handily.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2439 on: October 11, 2020, 01:52:20 PM »

Do you vote in North Carolina then, or Virginia? Your Biden vote would be worth more in North Carolina since he's obviously winning Virginia quite handily.

It's complicated. An aid of Senator Warner's office is trying to get me an ID and register me to vote in this state, but that's only possible when I have permanent housing. Sadly there is a chance that I won't be able to vote at all in this election, which sucks. And in all honesty it was probably wrong of me to take the poll, but I explained the situation to the lady calling me and she went on with the questions.

I haven't stepped foot in NC in almost five years, anyway. I would rather vote in NC to help Biden and Cunningham, but that's probably not going to happen.

Don't ever get into poverty. It sucks.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #2440 on: October 14, 2020, 12:52:24 AM »

I just had a mental episode because I'm panicking over my upcoming Calculus Exam.

So that was fun. Not.

Luckily even though I only understand like 60% of the stuff that's gonna be on this, I'm reasonably sure that's better than most people in this class who barely show up. Exams are on a curve too.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2441 on: October 14, 2020, 05:08:37 AM »

I have realized in this exact moment that Del Tachi's name is most likely a play on words on Delta Chi (ΔΧ). I am feeling kinda stupid for this.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2442 on: October 14, 2020, 07:42:21 AM »

I have realized in this exact moment that Del Tachi's name is most likely a play on words on Delta Chi (ΔΧ). I am feeling kinda stupid for this.

American Greek lyfe, bay-bee. Cool

I myself was only aware if the pun(?) when he explained it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2443 on: October 14, 2020, 08:16:00 AM »

I never bothered with going Greek, as at least at my school, it seemed like the number one was I Tappa Kegga, and that didn't appeal to me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2444 on: October 14, 2020, 10:58:23 AM »

Hudson is more than just a tourist town. Who knew? The four gunshots fired in rapid sequence woke us up at 2:30 am, and the cops found 3 bullets right next to our garage. We live in the flat above the garage. The window to the right is our bedroom.  Yes, you guessed it, another drug deal gone bad.

https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/news/columbiacounty/police-two-more-shooting-incidents-in-hudson-witnesses-fearful-to-talk/article_74450f14-3209-5ff7-a71e-ff4ba3cf3fe9.html

And no, I was not one of those who is afraid to talk. I have been roiling the waters, including sharing a rant at a zoom meeting last night of the Hudson Common Council.  The old man is on the rag - big time.

kcguy
Romania

« Reply #2445 on: October 14, 2020, 06:07:56 PM »

I never bothered with going Greek, as at least at my school, it seemed like the number one was I Tappa Kegga, and that didn't appeal to me.

I thought the names were "I Felta Thigh" and "Tappa Kegga Bru".

And no, I never knew Del Tachi's name's meaning until 5 minutes ago.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #2446 on: October 14, 2020, 06:09:59 PM »

Kinda felt like this when I realized BRTD (probably) stands for Better Red Than Dead about a month ago.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2447 on: October 14, 2020, 07:19:46 PM »

Hudson is more than just a tourist town. Who knew? The four gunshots fired in rapid sequence woke us up at 2:30 am, and the cops found 3 bullets right next to our garage. We live in the flat above the garage. The window to the right is our bedroom.  Yes, you guessed it, another drug deal gone bad.

https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/news/columbiacounty/police-two-more-shooting-incidents-in-hudson-witnesses-fearful-to-talk/article_74450f14-3209-5ff7-a71e-ff4ba3cf3fe9.html

And no, I was not one of those who is afraid to talk. I have been roiling the waters, including sharing a rant at a zoom meeting last night of the Hudson Common Council.  The old man is on the rag - big time.

Cough cough MS-13 cough cough

(In all seriousness though, I'm glad you're ok. Please stay safe!)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2448 on: October 14, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »

Slay, king!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2449 on: October 17, 2020, 02:41:33 AM »

do you like my dick pic

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99  
« previous next »