Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:57:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147806 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: October 21, 2018, 09:19:28 PM »

One of my atheist friends recently started dabbling in prayer, so I'm introducing him to the Anglo-Catholic faith.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 02:41:10 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2018, 03:29:57 AM by Scott🦋 »

I'm considering going back to a red avatar as well. Anyone here who knows me knows I'm not very partisan and my opposition with Trump is more geared towards economic policy rather than mean tweets. I switched to green after Maxine Water's bullsh**t and how all the red avatars here reacted, which made me realize culturally, I'm not on the same page as many urbanite Dems, but at the end of the day, I, with a few exceptions, do not support Republicans plain and simple.

I'm switching for the same reason.  I never really changed my registration anyway, but I'm a little less frustrated with the Dems than I was since Hillary won the nomination.  The anti-establishment wing is growing and even though it will probably take a few more cycles before progressives become the norm, generational shifts pretty much ensure that it will happen, and this year wasn't a bad start for those types of candidates.  Florida's more likely than not to elect a grassroots-based governor and my favorite Democratic congressman is about to be Colorado's next governor.  I've also seen Democrats at least act like they give a sh!t about rural communities this cycle.

I've also never voted for a Republican and I'm pretty sure I never will unless it's county or local.  The Democrats may be dumb, spineless, too uptight, politically correct and "woke" to the point of insanity, but they're the only legitimate party that can govern and doesn't represent an ideology that's morally displaced at best to downright nihilistic at worst.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »

I realized that when I sleep all day (as I did today), I feel more depressed than if I just lied in bed and did nothing all day.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »

Normally I'm just depressed and jaded and sleepy.

Mood today:

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 10:24:43 PM »

found out today that earlier this week, a cousin's 15-yr old daughter died. seems to have been a suicide.    her family did not know she was struggling.

only knew her from fb and when her aunt and uncle spoke about her, but in any case I'm saddened and a bit shook and really feeling bad for them and her family.

I'm sorry to hear that, shua. Sad
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »

I don't normally disclose what goes on in my life these days because for the most part (especially this past October... some of you know why), things have been... just dreadful really, but for the first time in a while I'm actually feeling optimistic about stuff.  My mom and I recently joined a new church.  I'm starting to get out of the room more.  We found a new community and people have been really helpful and accommodating to us.  The hotel we're staying at even dropped us off *a lot* of food the other day so that we could have a good Thanksgiving.  The first one in years.

That, and with the midterms behind us it's nice to not have to worry about checking polls constantly.  For a while, anyway. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 11:00:44 PM »

Also, I didn't share this earlier but my piggies have a new cage mate. Smile

I named her Tipper.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 02:18:25 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 02:21:54 AM by Scott🦋 »

Thanks, guys. Smile

Lol.  It rhymes with "chipper" and I just think it's a cute name.

Chelsea was also on my list of names FWIW. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »

My dad is strongly considering booking a vacation in the Bahamas over spring break. I really really don't want to go. I think we'll play a little game. If he can physically drag my rear onto the airplane then I'll go. Otherwise, I think I'll just sit on the couch when it's time to leave for the airport and just not move.
Are you crazy? The Bahamas is amazing. In fact, our family’s contingency plan is to flee there in event of original sin leading to atom bomb.

It's a third world dump full of nasty and corrupt government workers, third world water, and is not The USA. It's what Trump would call an s-hole nation. I don't want to go there, I want to stay here for the rest of my life.

Now that's just sad.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »

I'm working on a new PI scenario.

Here's a preview - I'll let you guess what race it is. Wink

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »

I'm not coming back to this forum until I make my first $1,000,000 and when I beat what I like to call "The United States Senate Challenge." Some of you already know what it is. To those of you who don't...it uh..means I intend to travel to all 50 states to 'get involved' with two women from each of them. Of course, I have quite a few other important things to accomplish on top of these two as well.

I'll admit, I laughed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »

My PI scenario is done!  Download it here. Smile
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 01:30:00 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2018, 01:33:31 AM by MP Scott🦋 »

My cat died on Saturday. Buried her today.  Knew her for 13 years, ever since she was a few months old & hanging around when I moved into my own place and I was able to take her in. She'd been dealing with chronic illness for the past couple years that was often a struggle to manage, so it wasn't completely unexpected something like this would happen at some point.  But it's so surreal, like I'm doubting that it really finally happened. I love her so much.   All my habits suddenly feel out of place and I need to make a change to be sane but I'm not sure what or where or how.

I'm so sorry for your loss, shua Sad

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:29 PM »

I just got wicked drunk for the first time in my life, vomit and all.  I had two glasses of what I thought was regular beer but was actually moonshine, and since I'm usually not a drinker I couldn't tell the difference.

Live and learn.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 11:45:02 PM »

I just got wicked drunk for the first time in my life, vomit and all.  I had two glasses of what I thought was regular beer but was actually moonshine, and since I'm usually not a drinker I couldn't tell the difference.

Live and learn.
Oh Good Lord, been there done that. Is the room spinning like a plane about to crash? Tongue

It was. Tongue

I puked my brains out and then slept for like two hours.  My mom had to check if I was still breathing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 08:11:40 AM »

Live and learn.
Oh Good Lord, been there done that. Is the room spinning like a plane about to crash? Tongue

It was. Tongue

I puked my brains out and then slept for like two hours.  My mom had to check if I was still breathing.

... Did you just buy s bottle labeled “alcohol”??

My mom bought what I thought was regular booze.  I had one glass and got a little tipsy and should've stopped there, but I went for another figuring that I have a big build and normally don't react strongly to substances.  Later I read the bottle and saw that it was 100 proof.

I never had moonshine before, but I did learn a lesson I'll never forget.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 07:57:02 PM »

I can't stop fixating on all my shortcomings in life and how much I want to end it and I really don't know what to do about it.  It's become impossible for me to focus on anything productive and I cannot even begin to pull myself out of this emotional hole because all I can focus on is my own suffering.

After a while it just becomes impossible to lie to yourself about your own unhappiness.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2019, 06:32:31 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

Does anybody know how to treat chronic fatigue?  I've been exercising more and eating healthier lately, but I'm still exhausted all the time and it's killing me.  I normally get 8-9 hours of sleep each night, too, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I'm thinking about talking to my psychiatrist about it, but I'm afraid he'll pull my Xanax or antidepressants (Paxil/Lyrica), or my Ambien which I actually need to fall asleep.  My whole body's a mess.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 07:16:32 PM »

Does anybody know how to treat chronic fatigue?  I've been exercising more and eating healthier lately, but I'm still exhausted all the time and it's killing me.  I normally get 8-9 hours of sleep each night, too, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I'm thinking about talking to my psychiatrist about it, but I'm afraid he'll pull my Xanax or antidepressants (Paxil/Lyrica), or my Ambien which I actually need to fall asleep.  My whole body's a mess.

Maybe you are anemic or have mono?

Taking a quick look at list the symptoms, I'm probably more likely to have anemia than mono.  I definitely need blood work done.  I just don't want a doctor to assume that these are all side effects from all the medications I'm taking and have them pulled, because then I'd be really screwed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 09:29:57 PM »

Xanax can definitely do that to you.  Could be something else too though.  Do you have a primary care doctor you can see? (  I keep forgetting to make an appointment with mine. I really need to)

I don't have a PCP, but I probably should.  I pretty much rely on my psychiatrist for everything (generally ill-advised if you're dealing with physical in addition to mental health problems, which my mom also does, as psychiatrists are rightly wary about prescribing pain medications).

But, today I got my Focalin refilled, so I'm actually feeling better today than I do on most days.  Yesterday was pure hell for me.  But I think I will be getting a PCP soon, and I'm definitely getting a blood test done ASAP.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »

Yeah, HillGoose if you're serious about that please don't do it.  We don't want to lose you, buddy.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 10:45:15 AM »

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a devout Christian lately. I don't yet plan on converting, and even if I did I most certainly would not be doing it now, but if I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was a Church going Methodist in 5-10 years time.

Very cool.  If you have questions or anything you would like to discuss, PM me at any time.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a devout Christian lately. I don't yet plan on converting, and even if I did I most certainly would not be doing it now, but if I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was a Church going Methodist in 5-10 years time.

Any particular reason for Methodist instead of some other denomination?

I am interested in knowing his reasoning too as the UMC appears more likely than ever now to enter the beginning stages of a schism.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 03:58:21 PM »

Any particular reason for Methodist instead of some other denomination?
I am interested in knowing his reasoning too as the UMC appears more likely than ever now to enter the beginning stages of a schism.
A) Well, I don't know a huge deal about the Theological differences between the various Christian denominations, but of the little I do know, Methodism seems to line up best with what I believe.

B) Regarding the comments on the UMC; I'm not actually from Virginia (the avatar is D-VA so my nickname and avatar match), I'm from Canada, so if I do ever end up becoming a Methodist it's rather unlikely it would be under the UMC.

Since the UMC is a global organization, you would be.  The UMC in North America is generally pro-LGBT whereas the growing African and Filipino churches are overwhelmingly opposed.  Last month the General Assembly rejected resolutions calling for more tolerance toward LGBT congregants/clergy and passed a plan that steered the Church towards a more hardline stance on the issue.

I'm Episcopalian (formerly UCC), so I don't have much experience with Methodism beyond what I've read about it.  Kingpoleon (and I believe shua?) are fairly devout Methodists and can probably tell you more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies